FM 2010: What Do You Want To See?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sean
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 503
  • Views Views 129K
yeah that all would be good features...But i want that SI return reserve teams for croatian clubs.i dont know where to put all players i dont need, and believe me there is too many players.SEAN do sometning about it...

Yeah Sean you have been told ;)

I think the game is great how it is, otherwise I would not be playing it.

Remove the Press Conferences - yes. They are extremely annoying

Make Adam Johnson much better :)

To be able to tell a club that you are NOT selling a certain player after 1 or even 2 bids, and have the board and the player in question CONFIRM that he is not going anywhere.

For example:

I'm Arsenal
Transfer window opens
R. Madrid want Nasri
Bid for 12m - Rejected
Issue hands off warning
Bid for 13m - Rejected
Issue hands off warning
Bid for 15m - Rejected
Issue hands off warning
Bid for 13m - Rejected
Issue hands off warning
Bid for 15m - Rejected
Issue hands off warning
Bid for 16m - Rejected
Issue hands off warning
etc etc until the final minute of the transfer window.

After the 300th TIME i'm very bored and frustrated. So it would be nice to get confirmation from your board and the player, and have them issue a statement saying they are NOT FOR SALE. And that the other club, and any other club interested gets the message.

aha but thats what real footbal is like joleon lescott,john terry ;)

well id prefer it if the player told you if he wanted to leave and if you said he cant leave depending on the players temperment/professionalism the player will either accept it or do what lescott or what ever have done and refuse to play ect

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

i know the game is only around 4-5 weeks till release but i was thinking, at the start of a season you get the board expectation which you can set what about a fan expectation, i know in real life most fans expect way to much from their team like me with plymouth argyle i expect us to get a mid table finish but in reality we will prob be in a relegation dog fight, i think this would be a fairly realistic feature but it prob wont be included and if not meh the game will prob kick *** anyways another few features could be better press conferences as you only rlly had 6 diff questions and as one guy had allready said better player interaction a better match engine i much preferd the CM2010 demo match engine but the rest of the game was abit pants i could think of a few others but most have allready be said

i know it is not the right way to play
but just the option to skip a game would be alright imo.
if i really want to get to a certain bit like transfer window and there is only 2 matches to go then i want to be able to just go there without goin on holiday which takes ages.
Heres hopping that 2010 will be the best yet :D

i wish lesser goals from set-pieces.. Also, there is too much injury problems in fm09, they should fix it

1. Go back to showing the kit on match overview

2. Be able to spend the wages you earn, for example 1.learn new languages 2.Take coaching badges to upgrade skills 3.any other ideas?

3. Make players more open to be sent on loan or be transfered and not just rot in reserves

Yh i liked being able to spend your wages make you feel like more of a manager than someone who doesnt spend money and eats air!

Yh i liked being able to spend your wages make you feel like more of a manager than someone who doesnt spend money and eats air!

Who's to say your manager doesn't spend their money? The only thing in-game related to the cash is the Total Money Earnt stat in the history part of the manager's profile. It doesn't say anything about your manager eating air. Unless of course you are saying that a week's dinner comes to more than a manager's wages? oO)

i think he means that it allways looks like you/manager gets paid and puts it in their bank without spending it on anything

i think he means that it allways looks like you/manager gets paid and puts it in their bank without spending it on anything

I understand, but anybody who wants a feature in the game where you can decide to just spend your money on ridiculous things should just go to the shop and buy FIFA Manager.

Speaking of FIFA Manager, I think it would be cool if Football Manager 2010 can adopt the data editor attribute assignment technique that FIFA Man employs. It sure would be better than having the game rearrange it for you when you start a new game.

SUPER LEAGUE... right, i love the idea of being able to create a proper super league...BUT, i'll doubt i'll be able to! the reason is that i like long term realism and when i used to create a European Super League using all 4 scottish leagues with teams like Real Mardrid, Man U, Munich and AC Milan in their Premier div and the likes of IFK Gothenburg, Anderlecht and Dynamo Kiev in the bottom division...all was amazing for the first few seasons with close fought leagues and amazing results and teams like Chelsea getting relegated through the leagues not being able to hack the pressure.. but after about 10 seasons i noticed that because i was using the scottish leagues all of Barcelonas Arsenals youth kids that were being promoted into the first squad were Scottish and that no-one wanted to move to the likes of Madrid and Milan because the "Super League" wasn't well known or famous enough and instead the best players in the world were going to Spain to the lokes of Malaga and England to Premiership Winning portsmouth! Also will FM have factored in the effects on the Champions League if you create a mighty SUPER LEAGUE (hopefully the option to remove the Champs league will be there without affecting the game) and where will your created league have to be based? hopefully it can be a Worldwide league!.. i know no-one knows the answers.. but i have a feeling FM10 will just miss the mark again.. still **** excited tho!

I think FM 2010 should upgrade the teamtalk during match...same words make me feel bored...add some more words for teamtalk...

I skipped a few pages, so I hope I don't repeat too much.
Some things are rather small, others major, there's no real order to any of this, but here it goes:

* Better Friendlies E.g. trying to set up a friendly in pre-season, browsing through pages of teams, picking one, then at the confirm screen it says "XYZ is not available for friendly".

* Injuries are waaaaaaay too frequent. One game I played more than half the game with 10 players because in the first half alone 4 of my guys needed to be substituted - not just knocks, but 1 broken leg, 1 broken arm, bruised ribs and a neck twist.

* More sneaky ways to get youngsters. Right now, you can scout and thell the press that "X" is really "Y". I want to be able to personally interact with him, maybe convincve him to come over, etc etc, not just make an offer and hope for the best.

* Better pre-/ mid- and off-season. Like, indoor tournaments, treating the team to a spa retreat, exclusive training camp somewhere, incentives, etc.

* More possibilities to hold onto a player. Too many times it happens that I train some youngster, he improves a bit, and the second a club in a higher league offers a fart and an apple for him he turns unhappy, wants to leave, skips training, etc, etc. I want to be able to find a compromise, say, more money, or tell him, if we don't reach a certain goal by midseason you promise to let him leave or something. I know it's part of football that people always transfer up and whatnot, but at times it's getting ridiculous. It ususlly leads to two things: either I trade him right away and I loos a star player, or I refuse, and the player gets unhappy, angry, plays like **** and looses value to the point that no one wants him anymore.

* Either cut the press conferences, or at least make them less repetetive. 'nuff said.

* Custom set pieces. Design your own clever freekicks, throw ins and corners. Those can be added to preferred moves for example.

* Match analysis. Being able to pick highlights or mishaps from games and indicate to the team what you think worked really well, or where a player should have rather passed than shot, etc, etc.

* Slightly more in-depth training. Maybe like preferred moves, but being able to tell a player specifically things like " I think you should try to improve on your dribbling skills". Like pin-pointing one specific skill within one training segment that you think the player should spend most of his time on.

* Walking out. I know it's a border thing, but when I am 1-10 favorite to win at home, and before even halftime I'm 5-1 behind, I want to just walk out. Both to spare myself the pain of watching and to show to my team in no uncertain terms how disgusted I am with their performance.

* Better database processing. After a certain number of leagues loaded the game becomes virtually unplayable (30+ min to start a game, up to 10 min to progress to the next day, etc).

* Many small things to raise the club profile. Sending players to fan club functions, playing charity games or even farewell games for your clubs legends, retiring numbers, etc

* Improved team talk. I find it very hard to keep my guys motivated with a narrow lead at halftime. Also, being able to give a personal "team" talk to a player that gets sub'd in during the match.

* Custom man marking. Tell one player, and one player only, to be someone's shadow.

* Much more but I can't think of it cos I'm at work right now

A really small thing but I would like them to improve the elections for clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid, in real life the winner is usually the one who is willing to put in the most funds to the club, and there are always claims like with the upcoming Barca election the new candidate is claiming to have a pre-contract agreement with Fabregas. Whereas on Fm09 I only ever hear about one candidate and they rarely ever put in any funds to the club.

I'd like to see
1) Kit changes
2) I like the idea mentioned above about coaching badges, new languages to learn etc to be bought with the money that you earn
3) A vastly improved media interaction
4) More detailed and more ways to interact with the board

kit changes would be cool but if you download kits like i do it wouldnt work

I tactical designer, training designer, stadium designer would be good. Am going to try Championship Manager 2010 has some of these fetures are now in CM and look good and if FM wants to stay one step in front then I would suggest doing these.

Also more interaction with the board and fans more interviews the ability to choose answers to questions, but have more choice, a drop down lost or something.

TIME TO MAKE FM better than ever and more in depth, so a season lasts like a week instead of a few hours.,

More speed processing speed that is, the ability to run all leagues without taking up all PC's processin speed.

Just a few points a think should be passed across.

Cheers
Lee

Player manager facility and maybe the ability to play an exhibition match between teams in 2 different game saves - would be great for challenging friends!

I skipped a few pages, so I hope I don't repeat too much.
Some things are rather small, others major, there's no real order to any of this, but here it goes:

* Better Friendlies E.g. trying to set up a friendly in pre-season, browsing through pages of teams, picking one, then at the confirm screen it says "XYZ is not available for friendly".

* Injuries are waaaaaaay too frequent. One game I played more than half the game with 10 players because in the first half alone 4 of my guys needed to be substituted - not just knocks, but 1 broken leg, 1 broken arm, bruised ribs and a neck twist.

* More sneaky ways to get youngsters. Right now, you can scout and thell the press that "X" is really "Y". I want to be able to personally interact with him, maybe convincve him to come over, etc etc, not just make an offer and hope for the best.

* Better pre-/ mid- and off-season. Like, indoor tournaments, treating the team to a spa retreat, exclusive training camp somewhere, incentives, etc.

* More possibilities to hold onto a player. Too many times it happens that I train some youngster, he improves a bit, and the second a club in a higher league offers a fart and an apple for him he turns unhappy, wants to leave, skips training, etc, etc. I want to be able to find a compromise, say, more money, or tell him, if we don't reach a certain goal by midseason you promise to let him leave or something. I know it's part of football that people always transfer up and whatnot, but at times it's getting ridiculous. It ususlly leads to two things: either I trade him right away and I loos a star player, or I refuse, and the player gets unhappy, angry, plays like **** and looses value to the point that no one wants him anymore.

* Either cut the press conferences, or at least make them less repetetive. 'nuff said.

* Custom set pieces. Design your own clever freekicks, throw ins and corners. Those can be added to preferred moves for example.

* Match analysis. Being able to pick highlights or mishaps from games and indicate to the team what you think worked really well, or where a player should have rather passed than shot, etc, etc.

* Slightly more in-depth training. Maybe like preferred moves, but being able to tell a player specifically things like " I think you should try to improve on your dribbling skills". Like pin-pointing one specific skill within one training segment that you think the player should spend most of his time on.

* Walking out. I know it's a border thing, but when I am 1-10 favorite to win at home, and before even halftime I'm 5-1 behind, I want to just walk out. Both to spare myself the pain of watching and to show to my team in no uncertain terms how disgusted I am with their performance.

* Better database processing. After a certain number of leagues loaded the game becomes virtually unplayable (30+ min to start a game, up to 10 min to progress to the next day, etc).

* Many small things to raise the club profile. Sending players to fan club functions, playing charity games or even farewell games for your clubs legends, retiring numbers, etc

* Improved team talk. I find it very hard to keep my guys motivated with a narrow lead at halftime. Also, being able to give a personal "team" talk to a player that gets sub'd in during the match.

* Custom man marking. Tell one player, and one player only, to be someone's shadow.

* Much more but I can't think of it cos I'm at work right now

Some great ideas there-I want the personal team talks too. Agree with the ****** friendlies organising as well! lol at that fart and apples bit :P

There could also be more in-depth transfer negotiations. Just watching SSN and they are talking about hold-ups with deals, waiting for other teams to come in, and agent fees and things like that. Could throw that in there as long as it doesn't happen every single deal!

Last edited:
Back