FM 2011 improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
may have already been said, but a revamp of the CA/PA, i think you should be able to take a nobody and make him into a respectable premiership player or championship player(if his age was right),also more emphasis on form of players.

I would like more variation in how players end up, instead of getting the same 'wonderkids' in every save, it woul be much funner if the players could end more differing, stop repetition

more than a one disc game

Football manager 2011
football chairman 2011

and be like a coach of the team, so people who like more fineancial games

more than a one disc game

Football manager 2011
football chairman 2011

and be like a coach of the team, so people who like more fineancial games
never gonna happen. since they only have so much time to work on a game. and theres enough to do with fm games to ever have time to make a chairman version

why does everyone want 2 be a chairman or give the manager a life if you want that play the sims
incase You forgot its FOOTBALL MANAGER !!!

I'm probably a complete anomaly around here; I am from Canada, I don't watch football (soccer here...) or even follow it, and FM2010 is my first of the FM series and basically my introduction to football in general. So my first couple days on FM were probably a bit more overwhelming than most people found it ;)

Despite that, I don't think the average FM target audience, even if they enjoy football, is in a better position to make their own tactics than I was. I figured it out with persistence, google, and reading a lot of threads/guides. But does the average casual player really know how most of the FM player instructions work and how each player can affect all his teammates around him? This is why you see 100's of "my man utd is in 12th i need a new tactic" posts; so many people lose patience with making their tactic more effective and they just give up and download one.

I guess I would like to see SI encourage more users or help them improve their tactic themselves. I don't want them to dumb it down, definitely not, but I think it's a real shame that so many people just download perfect tactics off here and miss out on such a deep part of the game (strategy and building tactics). At some point it becomes more power-gaming than football knowledge and I think if they could close that gap a bit it would be better for everybody, newbs and old pros alike.

All it might take is an "assistant tactic report" showing your players at crucial moments, "Pat Rice is concerned this player tends to become isolated. He is looking for pass options here (highlighted on 2D view from last match), but the closest midfielder is too high up the pitch", or "Your full back has taken a costly risk at this key moment, here is the pitch view just before conceding. Mauro Tassotti suggests reducing his offensive responsibility" etc. Or maybe player opinions: "Peter Crouch feels he could play in Luka Modric more often if he had a more supporting role in his position", you get the idea.

Last edited:
I have never really noticed it until today, but id like them to put in celebrations at the end of a tornament if you win it. I just won the English league cup final and at the end of it the just walked straight down the tunnel??

I have never really noticed it until today, but id like them to put in celebrations at the end of a tornament if you win it. I just won the English league cup final and at the end of it the just walked straight down the tunnel??

Well, Carling Cup says it all ;)

In all seriousness though, when you win the Champions League and it does this... Embarrassing.

I would love to see personal conversations, but also things like having a Head Scout that you can give certain powers to, basically be able to control what certain staff can and cant do...

I would love to see us be offered to commentate or compere for TV for certain matches or be asked to join the national coaching staff...

I would love to also see u be able to double book friendlies and have different style of friendlies, again id also love to see us be able to take on board roles within clubs as well...

Better graphic kits, and gain the license to all player faces, club logos, competition logos and kits!!

sometimes it says two team mates are argueing, maybe a proper way to break it up?

Would be easy to do and I think a good idea, ok here it is ... Basicly you can set up youth camps across the world, this would benefit your youth set up with player of that nation coming through your acadamey. Also an ability to hold trial days to find undiscovered youth talent, would help smaller clubs. Possibley also being able to send scouts looking for pre youth players I.e under 16 that join when they are 15/16, for example a scout says I found this 14 yr old with alot of potenial , 2 years later he is in your set up

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

Also training camps to improve moral etc

Better graphic kits, and gain the license to all player faces, club logos, competition logos and kits!!
If the leaked cover is real then by judging by the EPL logo on the ball there will be at least one new league this year :)

I`m sure it has been brought up several times already, but here it comes again.
Interaction and communication with; your staff, your players, the media, transfer prospects, other managers, agents(`11 has agents as far as I`ve heard)
Feedback from players and staff needs to be much more detailed.
This aspect of the game needs to be much much deeper and has such great potential.

And training. I want to be able to tell one of my players to work specifically on his crossing, or free kicks, or pace, or stamina. This is another aspect of the game that needs to be much deeper.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Oh, and one more thing I`ve thought about quite often.

I`d wish that there was some small chance, just a microscopical chance, that when you have a good scout going around the world scouting he could find some special randomly generated talent in a random country.
The rate of number of players discovered could be dependent on the scouts stats.
If the scout has 20/20 judging CA/PA, it could happen like once per year, 10/10 judging CA/PA, maybe once per 5 years.
I don`t know what would be resonable, just throwing it out there.

Example, I have a scout on world scouting.
He`s in Bangladesh, or China, or Canada, or Botswana, doing his thing, and there`s a small chance that he finds some 14-22 year old unknown gem that the game generates there and then.
It doesn`t have to be a potential world class player everytime, but he should have abilities ranging from Scandinavian league levels to top tier premier league. It would be random, and if you`re really lucky he`s world class.

It would make the scouting part of the game a lot more interesting for me at least.
As of now the only reason I use scouts is to increase my scouting knowledge so I can search more players, but this would make them a bit more interesting.

See The Managers, 3d training, see a few celebrations, and Clubs official chants- EG( IME FOREVER BLOWING BUBBLES AT UPTON PARK) , when you score away see the away fans jumping down & possibly 3d press conferences

i had experience with trying to buy regens from germany (wolfsburg and bremen.) they were 15 and 16 and wanted to be key players and about 80,000 a week! that needs to change. also the ridiculous tranfer fees you have to pay. i tryed to bid for keiran gibbs from arsenal and bit 8 million,rejected. he went to sunderland for 3.5 million! i found this is only one way too. had srna (brought for 20 million in 1st season) was outstanding. i mean like best RB in the game outstanding. his value went to 20 million in season 3 and barca and madrid bid 11 million. i went back with a 25 million (in my mind very reasonable) and they rejected it. its just not good. last thing (i think) more in depth convos with you players and staff. like when they 'feel to good to be loaned out', being able to reassure them and tell them its just to get 1st team football.

It'd be nice to see some variations in the stadiums. They tend to all look the same and you don't really get a feel for the place. It'd also be nice to have the German national team available on there aswell as the J-League. I know there's alot of people keen on managing in Japan.

It'd be nice to see some variations in the stadiums. They tend to all look the same and you don't really get a feel for the place. It'd also be nice to have the German national team available on there aswell as the J-League. I know there's alot of people keen on managing in Japan.

But that can be easily fixed by deleting a couple of files. It doesn't take more than 20 seconds.

But that can be easily fixed by deleting a couple of files. It doesn't take more than 20 seconds.
Yeah you're right about the German national team but for the J-League you have to create it yourself in the editor and replace some other leage like Malaysia. Would rather just have an official version as part of the game ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.