FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 745
  • Views Views 209K
Sevilla End of second Season

Wooo won the league twice in a row AND mourinho got sacked in my game

not so special now are you lol

I am so happy with my Swindon team after we finished 2nd in the league and defeated the champions Peterborough in the JPT final! My budget is 35k though so I'm quite annoyed :(

Im playin with Real Madrid, 2nd season. On 1st season I won Liga BBVA and Spanish Cup and it seems im going to win them again, since im in Spanish Super Cup and Im currently dominating Liga BBVA with 22 Games played, 18 wons, 3 draws and 1 lost (to Barcelona in El Clasico). Cristiano Ronaldo has been a class, point per game.

Also been doing well in ECC, qualified for the first stage.

Playing as Hereford in my first season. Only had 1 game of the season (destroyed Northamption 4-1) unbeaten pre-season (games v Coventry and MK Dons were included, we drew 1-1 and 2-2) and only making 1 signing in Raphael Nade (Highly recommend to any LLM) but obviously it is the start of the season so anything could happen! Just playing Crystal Palace now in the League Cup :)

Liverpool.

Won the league and the Europa League first season, 2nd season struggled, finished 4th and got beat in the League cup final.

Just started my 3rd season, had a bit of an overhaul of the squad. Brought in Di Maria, Tevez, Van Persie, Ljajic and Kevin, letting go a fair bit of dead wood. Side now looks like this:

Reina
Johnson-Ayala-Wilson-Bale
Gerrard-Sissoko
Elia-----------------------Di Maria
Torres-Tevez​

Bench: Jones, Carragher, Agger, Lucas, Ljajic, Van Persie, N'gog

Centre of defence seems quite inexperienced however after conceding no goals in the first 3 games I am not too concerned, we will see come January :)

Panathonaikos

a quick update from my panathonaikos save.

1st season-
Greeksuperleague winners (unbeaten)
Greek Cup winners
Europa League winners

2nd Season-
Greeksuperleague winners (unbeaten)
Greek cup winners
1st round knockout stage CL beat Man Utd (2-0 Home) lost (6-3 Away)

My team

GK Stekelenburg (£2m)

DR Seitaridis/Perea (Free)
CB Cacares (Free)
CB Fazio (£500k)
DL Juan (Free)

MC Lodeiro/Kotsouranis (Lod Free)
MC Enoh/Stratos (Free/£225k 4/5 stars)

AMR Babel/Ben Arfa (both Free)
AMC Ninis/Taarabt (£925k)
AML Zezhino/Leto (Zez Free)

ST Cisse/Caicedo (Free)

I am now angling for a move away to a bigger team. Been linked with Tottenham,England,Man City, Stoke, Everton, Blackburn, Arsenal and Chelsea im holding out for Liverpool though or even the Greek national team job.

Stekelenburg linked to Man Utd
Juan linked to Liverpool
Seitaridis linked to Liverpool
Fazio linked to Milan, Real, Inter, Arsenal
Ninis linked to Inter,Milan, Barcelona, Lyon
Leto linked to Almeria,Real
Cisse linked to Arsenal

Liverpool.

Won the league and the Europa League first season, 2nd season struggled, finished 4th and got beat in the League cup final.

Just started my 3rd season, had a bit of an overhaul of the squad. Brought in Di Maria, Tevez, Van Persie, Ljajic and Kevin, letting go a fair bit of dead wood. Side now looks like this:

Reina
Johnson-Ayala-Wilson-Bale
Gerrard-Sissoko
Elia-----------------------Di Maria
Torres-Tevez​

Bench: Jones, Carragher, Agger, Lucas, Ljajic, Van Persie, N'gog

Centre of defence seems quite inexperienced however after conceding no goals in the first 3 games I am not too concerned, we will see come January :)

Update: 10 games in the league, won 9, drew 1. With that inexperienced centre of defence, only conceded 2 goals! Clear by 5 points.

Won 2 and lost 1 in my Champions League group, standing 2nd behind Ajax, playing Brondby now. D
EDIT: Just beat Brondby 6-0 :)

Beat Blackburn in League Cup 4th round, got Villa away.

Standout players:
Fernando Torres, 10 starts, 12 goals.
Glen Johnson, 11 starts, 7.40 ave rating.
Angel Di Maria 13 starts, 7.36 ave rating.

Playing really well as a team though, playing brilliantly. Good results include:
United away, 1-0 win.
City away, 3-1 win.
Arsenal home, 2-0 win.

Last edited:
Liverpool:

First season:
Premier League: Winners
FA Cup: Semi Finals
League Cup & Europa League: Both these tournaments I used predominantly youth players, and reached the quarter finals of both competitions.

Due to the fact I had qualified for the Champions League, I knew I needed to bolster up my squad so I brought in Hamsik and Javier Pastore whilst also getting a few younger players.

Second season has been ok so far, in the FA cup and league cup I was knocked out in the quarter final and 4th round respectively. In the league there have been 32 games played and I am currently 3rd, 1 point behind Arsenal in second and 3 points behind Man City in first. In the Champions League I am in the quarter final and have just won 4-2 at the Emirates so it's looking good so far :)

Last two seasons of Newcastle. Didn't add anyone. Only lost 1 starter last season (sold for 15 million when he his value was 5 million). Didn't buy anyone either.

Two years ago:

Won League with an undefeated record, FA Cup, League Cup, and Champs. Really was suprised since I didn't have to really play anyone in either League cup or FA cup. Good thing I didn't have to play anyone tought really cause I had some key injuries for a while for the first 3 months of the season. Was favorites to win Champs which I did but after the group stages the first leg was always a tie either if it was at my place or theirs.

Last year:

Had the same team and two good regins (not great) meant that I should dominate, and that is what I did. Didn't have the injuries problems like last year so I cruised in everything. Perfect season won all the trophies again. Only lost one game and that was to Inter at their place in the ECC quarter's in a 0-1 loss to snap my 136 game winning streak (although my most wins without a loss is only 58 so that is how many ties I had last year in all my cup games, good thing my team is good at PK shots).

After the year the board of Newcastle liked how I had 250 million in balance so they decided to put me in the red by building a 560 million dollar stadium, hey at least they named it after my coach, took out a loan as well. With that I decided to sell at 2 people to try to get us back in the positives. Sadly these were the people who went for 41 million and 39 million.

View attachment 117963View attachment 117961

EDIT: Also my salaries last year for players were just at 1 million. So I thought that was very impressive for my team.

Last edited:
I'm not in the mood to post Screenshots, so I will sum it up.
1st Season:
Won League 1
5th Round FA Cup: BEAT CHELSEA IN 4TH ROUND 1-1HOME then 2-1AWAY
2nd Round League Cup
1st Round St Johnstone Paint Trophy

2nd Season:
2nd in Championship
Semi-Final FA Cup: Narrowly lost to Everton 2-1aet.
Quarter-Final League Cup: Beat Man Utd 2-1HOME in 3rd Round

3rd Season:
check out signature

Update: 10 games in the league, won 9, drew 1. With that inexperienced centre of defence, only conceded 2 goals! Clear by 5 points.

Won 2 and lost 1 in my Champions League group, standing 2nd behind Ajax, playing Brondby now. D
EDIT: Just beat Brondby 6-0 :)

Beat Blackburn in League Cup 4th round, got Villa away.

Standout players:
Fernando Torres, 10 starts, 12 goals.
Glen Johnson, 11 starts, 7.40 ave rating.
Angel Di Maria 13 starts, 7.36 ave rating.

Playing really well as a team though, playing brilliantly. Good results include:
United away, 1-0 win.
City away, 3-1 win.
Arsenal home, 2-0 win.

January, bought Kjaer and Khedira, let Ayala go out on loan to Wolfsburg, looking like a promising centre-half. Still going well in all competitions :)

pwning the premier league with man utd, only made a few signing to bolster the midfield :D

Liverpool:

First season:
Premier League: Winners
FA Cup: Semi Finals
League Cup & Europa League: Both these tournaments I used predominantly youth players, and reached the quarter finals of both competitions.

Due to the fact I had qualified for the Champions League, I knew I needed to bolster up my squad so I brought in Hamsik and Javier Pastore whilst also getting a few younger players.

Second season has been ok so far, in the FA cup and league cup I was knocked out in the quarter final and 4th round respectively. In the league there have been 32 games played and I am currently 3rd, 1 point behind Arsenal in second and 3 points behind Man City in first. In the Champions League I am in the quarter final and have just won 4-2 at the Emirates so it's looking good so far :)

Second Season:
Premier League: 4th, 4 points behind winners, Man City.
Champions League Winners!! Beat Barcelona in the semi's, 4-1 at Anfield, lost 3-1 away so went through 5-4 on aggregate then beat United 4-3 in the final!! :)

Then got £53m to spend by the board so had a MASS clearout. My first team and substitutes bench is:

Reina; Lazarevic (Regen), Agger, Sakho, Coentrao; Hamsik, Gerrard; Mata, Pastore, Bale; Torres
Subs: Fiorillo, Phil Jones, Wilson, Meireles, Albrighton, Pacheco, Dzeko (Transfer listed for £10m!!!) Got the majority of those players this transfer window. Should fare well in most competitions this season.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Just won the Champions League with FC Twente in my 4th season!!!!!!!!

Currently in 2nd season with Newcastle. Suprisingly got taken over towards the end of 1st season. So I hoped for 30m+ to spend. Got 13m. Made some fantastic signings, best one is Martin Zeman, who was outstanding last season.

Season 1 -
Premier League - 8th. W - 15, D - 9, L - 14, GF - 51, GA - 44, Points - 54
Carling Cup - 3rd Round
FA Cup - 5th Round

Missed out on Europa League by two points after losing on last day to Man Utd away, whilst Spurs beat Blackpool at home to jump above me.
Player of the Season - Steven Taylor - Pld32, scored7, Av Rating 7.69

Highlights - 3-1 win v Liverpool, 4-0 and 2-1 wins over Sunderland, 3-1 win away to Arsenal.

2nd Season
Premier League - Currently 12th after 3 games, W1, D1, L1.

Most expensive signing - Chris Gunter 4m from Notts Forest
Best Signing - Christian Benitez(1.5m from Santos Laguna) 35 apps, 11 goals

Suprisingly got taken over towards the end of 1st season. So I hoped for 30m+ to spend. Got 13m.

Unlucky, they were promised £115m at the end of my first season (I was Arsenal). XD

Unlucky, they were promised £115m at the end of my first season (I was Arsenal). XD

Well, I brought in close to 20m, so around 33m to spend, and I have used 9.75 of it, as I signed a couple of frees and regens.

Boro season

Started with Middlesbrough playing a 4-1-2-2-1 and straight away sold
  • Bailey (1.2m),
  • Lita(2.5m!!)
  • and Miller (1m)
i bought
  • Smithies - GK (let me down on a few one on ones, but saved me towards the end of the season)
  • Whittingham - LAM (scored 10 goals)
  • Buszaky - RAM (had his moments, not a great signing)
  • then Naughton (Lb) and Walker (Rb) on loan (Above average)
Kris Boyd was leagues top scorer with 27 goals and when mcdonald came on he was the one to make the come backs (scored me a 37 yarder, goal of the season). Come 2nd anyway.
As Kilgallon ,naughton and walker went i loaned in Rafael and brought in Woodgate, Michael Owen and Paul Robinson (Lb) for free. I also bought Jose Angel and Egueren from Sporting, Great Pair if i must admit!!
first game against Blackburn and i won 3-2. Egueren, Boyd and Owen (89th minute goal to win me the game).
but risky signings woodgate and owen, suprised they didnt injure themselves signing the contract but woodgate is home :) and owen, well come on its owen!!
Thats me so far!

Back