FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

Okay then, just finished my third season as Bristol City (second in Prem) and basically did a little better than last year. Having finished seventh in 11/12, I got off to a torrid start but slowly climbed the table, gaining valuable wins over Tottenham and Aston Villa (who were sixth and seventh respectively at the time of playing them) before finishing strong. Last season I thrashed Fulham in the closing league game, and this year I did the same to newly crowned champions Arsenal.

Here's some random screenshots of the season where City reached europe.

View attachment 115187View attachment 115188View attachment 115189

The game I'm currently working on is another version of the 2030 savegame. I thought there had to be another 2030 game around, for people who like other parts of the game. Sort of the Opposite 2030 Game. It's alter ego. So I'm currently generating a game which has the Oskarsson's EDT files of retaining all nations in Asia, Oceania, North America and Africa. It does not include top leagues from the biggest countries like England, France, Italy. So no big nations. The biggest loaded are probably MLS, Mexican and South Korean league. In total 32 top leagues are playable. Some of those are from Nick, Triv, Tharros and StuW's additional leagues. The game will be very big, a bit slower than the original 2030 game. Makes it possible to really travel the world, win prices in various countries, able to manage any national side. Also the big countries do have players, clubs still get talents, just not as many, but many are talented. Small nations are very nice to manage in Asia, Africa, etc. because there's almost no country left with 'grey' players.
It's currently not that far generated yet, but it will be available soon. Hope it will be a great succes here.
After playing quite some time with this football manager, I starting to miss the times were I managed smaller teams in smaller nations. Thought this fm would be even better for doing this, since transfers really do go all around the world now, getting much better mixes now also being able to play in countries like Trinidad, Tunesia, Egypt, Saudi, Qatar, UAE, etc. Apart from that, I think it will be a good glimpse at the competition statusses switching (does China become the new England), It might be a really good game to play.
So Away from all the big money. Smaller clubs will give you time to build a team without buying and selling every single player every season. Build a squad that will last. Focussing more on tactics than on finances..

People got excited allready or not interested???

It'll be there on monday

My Peterbourgh Game :D

Season 1 :- Npower League 1 champions,League Cup semi final (beaten by Man City),Johnstone's Paint Trophy winners spending only 750k

Season 2 :-.Playoff champions,F.A Cup 5th round without spending a penny.

Season 3 :- 9th in the Prem,F.A Cup quarter final and League Cup winners splashing 19m of the 31m available.

Season 4 :- Season just started won my first tie in Europe comfortably defeating Brondby 6-1 on aggregate and a last minute screamer from Julio Baptista took the 3 points from White Heart Lane on the first game of the season. Strengthenedthesquad alot this summer.

ONE OF MY BEST FOOTY MAN GAMES EVER!!!!​

My Arsenal Save:

Season 1:
Did the double, FA cup and the League by about 7 points.

Signed Paloschi for 15mill and Akinfeev for 15mill both turning out to be great buys.
Champions league i got knocked out by Shaktar 4-0 at their place!

Season 2: Won the league and lost in the FA cup final 2-1 to Utd.

I went a bit mad this season and spent 57m.. Mattioni, Pedro Leon, Mata, Lukaku, Rodwell, Boateng and Altintop plus a few regens.
Champions league i got knocked out by AC Milan because of a Ibra double.

Season 3: 25 games in and top by 3 points.
Still in all competitions

Only signed Llorente this season and he flopped and went out on loan to Liverpool. Sneijder, Defour and Dzeko all coming on free's at the end of the season.

Hoping to keep up the title winning tradition that ive made this season!

Last edited:
Lowestoft Town

Season 1: Isthmian Premier League - Very limited 3k transfer budget which I transferred into wage budget and spent on free transfers. Ended up finishing second. Could have pushed for the title but form was inconstant and struggled to get results against the teams competing around me. Lost play off semi final to Bury Town.

Season 2: Isthmian Premier League: Now into my second season and started really well going 14 games unbeaten from the start of the season. Currently sitting 2nd in the table, but lost for the 1st time this season in my last game after having 2 players sent off. No transfer budget and no increase on an already maxed out wage budget forced me to release players before I could bring in new. Highlight so far this season is reaching the FA Cup 1st Round and after holding Southend United to a 0-0 in the first match, now face a replay.

My Arsenal Adventure

Started off with Arsenal and was told that the bord would be happy qualifying for the Champions League. (thought that was a loada ****). And after reading countless forums about everyone selling Chamakh, I decided I would do the same, but after he scored 14 goals in pre-season i decided aginst it. Chamakh went on to score 36 goals in all competitions. Van Persie scroed 27 in all competitions during the season.

My first season we finished 1st in the premier league, second in the league cup (beaten by sunderland somehow) winner of the fa cup after destroying chelsea and beat chelsea in the champions league. halfway through the first season also brought in fernando torres and joe hart (got hart for £4miillion :). at the start of the season i brought in Jagielka (£10million) and Shawcross (£5million)

Second season was a lot more difficult with a terrible start but after about ten games we went unbeaten for the rest of the season and still unbeaten now. also won the club worl championship, fa cup, league cup but was beaten by Real Madrid in the Champions league final after beating at. Madrid in the european super cup final. at the start of the season i brought in Kjaer (£15million) and halfway through the season i brought in Hamsik (£6.75million)

just after the summer ended at the end of the second season, i had a club crisis becuase of my apprently poor man management skills, which i dont no how to fix, i was then honoured to be offered the role of england manager which i duly accepted

My Nottm Forest career. I am in 3th season now, still searching for right tactic in Premier Division!

Here are some of the most interesting results, my new transfers...i should sell some players now though ;)

With Aston Villa.

First Season:
Finished 8th in the league, quarter finals of Europa League, final FA cup, went out early in the League Cup.
Bought Mahamadou Diarra, Phil Jones, Jo, Lukaku, Enyeama, and Vegard Forren.
Danilo and Gustavo Campanho as prospects.

Second Season.
Knocked out early of FA and League Cup, no europe as I ended up in 8th the previous year, but I frigging won Premier League after a insane spring season. Think I benefited greatly from not playing any cups. :D
Bought Balotelli (!) Shawcross, Neymar, Alou Diarra and John Fleck.
Yes, monthly installments and unhappy listed players helps greatly.
Really is easy to get players in FM11.

Third season in progress.
League right before christmas, 5th place. Still in FA and League Cup, and will qualify from Champions League groups if I draw or win against Inter at home, which I can because I beat them away.
Bought Paulo Henrique and Luis Suarez this season.

Edit: Just qualified to first knockout round of CL after beating Inter at home in a tremendous match where Julio Cesar got a red card for hacking Neymar down outside the box, haha.

Last edited:
So far i am hereford started unemployed this was the first job i was offered i was destined to finish 18th by some miracle i finished 6th and got in the playoffs. won the playoff final and just started in league 1 so far so good we holding our own despite the media expecting us to be relegated.
saving graces so far are
Eddie Johnson: team Austin in usa striker got him in on a free he has ex man u experience.
Sebastian carole; free transfer was at brighton previously and got 20 assists last season and stil doing his thing in league 1 he is a amc.
Chris mavinga: Liverpool on loan dc boss the dc position in the lower leagues.
i am using my own custom 4-1-2-1-2 based on carlo ancelotti ac Milan/Chelsea tactic and am having mild success.

Managing Nuneaton..

Signed lots of players on free transfer (Cowan, Pringle, YOunghusband, Alexis Nicolas) which I wanted to play in first team, but I simply couldn't sell those "default" Nuneaton players. Put them on transfer list, offered to clubs for 0$, but no one doesnt wanna buy them. So i terminated contract and spent additional 100k but its worth beause of salaries.

Anyway, I'm pretty good at BSN. Lying on 1st place in 15 games :)
hnu-Blue-S.jpg

Now aiming to get Eddie Johnson to my club, but he just doesn't wanna come in :( too sad. he's fabulous striker..

Two teams one season

I am currently man united and tottenham in one game i haven't done this before and i'm finding it a good experience. Im in april with six games to go and have won the league and league cup with man utd(due to rooneys 49 goals in 43 games) and i'm in champ league semi vs lyon who iv thumpd twice in group stage and in final of f.a cup vs blackburn or arsenal. Things are looking good. Oh forgot to mention i am also undefeated due to the gratness of vidic rami and akinfeev.(6).

My tottenham team is also going well i took control in october as harry got sacked for failing to reach champ league and being 16th in prem i took the rains made some great signings capoue belfodil and alexis sanchez all 7 million each as well as 3 million for michael owen and atila turan i am now joint second in the league needing 7 points for guarenteed 3rd and in a semi final of europa league against liverpool gunna b a great match up as my team has hit top form in last few matches... And my tottenham manager is being lined up as replacement for pep guardiola at barca but im unsure as to whether i should leave spurs what are your thoughts..........???

Im posting this from work i will add screenshots when i post from home

Im playing as Atletico Madrid and i am 2 seasons in right now.

1st season: went a bit mad with transfers and got Badstuber, Rakitic, Alvaro Pereira and Lukaku and i've spent around 40-45 millions for all of them (ofc paying in 48 months (H)). As i didn't know what to expect from this team i set my objective to a continental cup qualification through championship. My season looked a bright one as i've got UEFA Super Cup against Inter in my first official game!! In the Europa League i managed 5 wins and a draw but got knocked out by Rubin Kazan in the first knock out round.. in La Liga i managed to get the last Champions League spot in the last matchday! and won Spanish cup against Villareal with a goal scored by Aguero in 117th minute (extra time)

2nd season: after concedeing 68 goals last season (3rd worst defense), i decided to get rid of Ujfalusi, Perea and also from the attacking compartiment, Assuncao and Simao. Signed Ibrahim Affelay, Luis Suarez, Toby Alderweireld, Darijo Srna and a wonderkid named Rafael Toloi. i was soo confident of my team and i set my objectives as Title challenge. got knocked out by Liverpool from uefa champions league play offs and continued again in europa league. Lost the spanish super cup agains Real Madrid and after 10 games i was in 10th position in La Liga with sacking knocking at my door and my dream season turned into a nighmare one. after some tactical changes, and after my new signings gelled in, i managed some extremly good comebacks and now, with 7 matches remaining i find my team to be 3rd in La Liga 7 points ahead of 4th place (however i can't get close to Barcelona and Real), currently im in Europa League semi-finals against Galatasaray and again in the Spanish Cup Final this time against Real Madrid. With Arda Turan and Manuel Neuer coming free at the end of the season and my ambition to sign Fernando Torres, i look forward for a good season ending, and a nice start of 3rd season.

Last edited:
Currently BATE, just started my 7th season, 5 league titles, 5 super cups, 5 domestic cups (and another final 1 game away) Qualified for CL Groups last 4 seasons, not yet drawn for this one, my 5th straight season. Managed to get the Belarusian league rep up last season too meaning we got 2 CL places this season and one less qualifying round for me, still have to go through two though, just a few more places and we will get an automatic Group place :D

Also in charge of belarus under 19's not really focused on them , 4 games, 3 wins 1 loss against portugal u19s.

All in all 324 games in management, 320 at BATE, best manager Belarus has seen in the hall of fame by 3-4 times the points, 9 cup wins, 4 league wins :D

I guess you could say I'm *********Eing ;)

XD With Zero budget and 2 months without Gerrard .Wish to get some budget next season :D

tawse10
table.jpg

transfers.jpg

My flat mate and I went tottenham and arsenal for our first joint game (i was arsenal)

This is the table with 4 games to go, 1 point seperating the top 5! I managed to win the title and beat chelsea 2-1 to win the fa cup. Europe was a dissapointment tho as i got knocked out in the first knockout round.

Posted my transfers too, only really added younger players except getting gordon at xas for a bargain cos he was unhappy at sunderland. Quality keeper. Think i'll need more experience next season to do better in europe.