FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

Sarted as Catania
3 rd in Serie A using mikes 4-24 attacking tactic version 2
best results Catania 5-3 Sampdoria and Catania 2-1 AC Milan
Signed Kadlec,Onyewu,Pitriopa, Contento and Eriksen on loan

EDIT: Kadlec and Maxi Lopez are upfront

Update

Season 2 with Liverpool.

First Season Ended With 4 Titles.
Fa Cup
League Cup
Euro Cup
And the EPL Title
Lost the Super Cup to Barcelona after Penalties.

Starting to struggle in second season so its time to work up another tactic for backups.
New Signings. Bunch off youngsters. Key signings were.
Balotelli
Luis Suarez
Cameron Jerome
Toby Alderweireld
And Marek Hamsik in January of first season.

Last edited:
Well. In first place with Sheffield United 5 points clear of 3rd and scoring a fair few. However slightly weirdly the 3 games I've lost have been thumping defeats. 5-1, 5-0 and 4-1.

Season 5 with Liverpool. First 3 seasons i played 4231, i now play 442 with two attacking wingers so i can play with 2 up front with Torres, Dzeko and Tevez on rotation. Play Sanchez, Adam Johnson, Ballotelli on right wing, Hazard, Muniain and Henrique on left (retrained Henrique) Centre mids are Hamsik, Ramsey, Mou Sissoko and Gerrard. Right backs are Johnson, Aurier and a regen wonderkid! Centre backs are Agger, Sakho, Jones, Wilson, Galeano out on load. Left backs are Kolarov and Coentrao and in goal i have Reina and Smithies.
I have won the Champs League 4th season, Prem 3rd and 4th season, FA Cup 2nd and 3rd season, League Cup 3rd season, Super Cup 4th season and the Community shield 3rd and 4th season. So far so good!!

Panathonaikos

Probably the first game ive been excited about in ages played 6 won 6 in the league

GK Dida (free)

DR Seitaridis
DC Boumsong
DC Fazio (500k)
DL Grimi (125k)

CM Gilberto Silva
CM Katsouranis

RW Govou
AMC Ninis
AML Leto

ST Cisse

also got Kleber(flamengo) aranged on a free to bolster my defense at LB and Ezequiel Gonzalez on a free as back up to Ninis.

Big offers for Ninis already but with a new 5yr contract agreed and a release contract of £20m a nice little profit may be on the cards.I think it may be a smart move to sell him in the summer, raise that £20m and sign in more young talent at smaller price tags and try and make the club quite wealthy. got my eyes on Douglas Costa, Kadlec, Ganso, Sidnei, Jaro and a couple more. Areola of PSG seems to be angling for a move to me and with Dida(36) would love him.

Drawn with Barca, Marseille and Cluj in the CL europa league is almost a certainty with 2 games played 0-0 to Marseille and 3-0 over cluj, an attack at 2nd isn't impossible.

Thought id treat the fans to a superstar.....of the late 90s early 00s that is Denilson (free) lol fair as to say he's injured but in all honesty you dont expect him to be fit lol. but at £1200 a week i just had to.

Managing Sheffield United forth season in,

managed to get adam johnson, asenjo, lukaku, munatri and granero for free over the past two season...doing well in the premier league, finished 7th in the league after getting promoted from the championship, then finished 6th in the second season! managed to get past the group stages in the euro cup but didn't get far after that!

currently 2nd in league after 7 games (6 wins and 1 draw) lukaku has got 12 goals in 7 appearances so far.

View attachment 116590

View attachment 116591

View attachment 116592

View attachment 116593

Galvan and Lukaku have finally become Wonderkids!

View attachment 116588

View attachment 116589

Last edited:
Playing with Liverpool here, pretty much in the final weeks of the third season.

Big signings:
Pastore £28M (2011-12) from Palermo
Suárez £24.5M (2011-12) from Ajax
James Rodríguez £18.5M (2011-12) from Porto
Kjaer £21M (2012-13) from Wolfsburg
Tévez £12.5M (2012-13 mid-season) from Man City

2010-11:
Premier League - winner with 86 points (Chelsea runner-up with 82)
FA Cup - winner on penalty shoot-out against Man City after 2-2 draw.
League Cup - winner against Man United by 2-0
Europa League - winner against Olympique Marseille with late winner by 1-0

2011-12:
Premier League - winner with 92 points and not a single loss (Man United runner-up with 78 points)
FA Cup - winner on penalty shoot-out against Chelsea after 0-0 draw
League Cup - winner against Arsenal by 2-1
Champions League - winner against Chelsea by 2-0
UEFA Supercup - winner against Olympique Lyonnais by 2-1 (turnaround)
Community Shield - winner on penalty shoot-out against Chelsea after 0-0 draw

2012-13:
Premier League - currently on 4th place, probably going to end at it or maybe third.
FA Cup - eliminated on 5th round against Newcastle by 2-1 (turnaround)
League Cup - winner against Arsenal by 2-1, just as previous season
Champions League - just beat At. Madrid and going to final against Man United
UEFA Supercup - winner on penalty shoot-out against Schalke 04 after 0-0 draw
Community Shield - winner against Man United by 3-1
Club World Championship - winner against Boca Juniors by 1-0

Biggest Achievement:
102 games without losing, from August 7th 2011 to January 22nd 2013

I can't really get in to it but I've started a new game as Nederland Antillies manager.

So i began my career as west ham manager and have taken them to total domination. Screenshots can be provided for proof.

2010/2011

Signngs

Outwards -
Reid-Loan
Dyer - Released
Parked- 9.5mil -Man Utd

In
Ben Haim- £1
Djibril Cisse - £8.25mil
Christian Eriksen-£7.5mil
Darren Bent- £4.2mil
Sarabia - £500k

Competitions
Prem - 8th
Fa Cup- Runner up. Lost 2-1 to man city
League Cup-2nd round. Lost 5-2 to preston

2011/2012

Signings

Outwards-
Jacobson-Free
Jordan Brown - Free
Anthony Edgar - Free
Da Costa- £1.4mil - Sporting CP
Reid- Loan-Bolton
Gabbidon-£500k-Birmingham
Mccarthy- Free

In-
Shawcross-£5mil
Begovic-£2mil
Adam Johnson-Free
Mahamadou Diarra- Free
Urby Emmanualson- Free
Obinna - Free

Competition
Prem-4th
Fa Cup-Runner Up. Lost 2-1 to Man Utd
League Cup-Runner up. Lost 3-1 Man Utd
Euro Cup-Lost 6-4 Agg to Real Madeid
2012/2013

Signings

Out
Ben Haim-£50k-Newcastle
Reid-Free-RC Lens
Boa Morte- Free
Kovac-Free-Celtic
Spector- £2.4mil-Aston Villa
Piquionne-Free-Newcastle
Sears-£1.4mil-Wigan
Hines-£2.3mil- Bolton

In
Abidal- Free
Hargreaves-Free
Olic-Free
Micah Richards-£2.9mil
Fernandes(regen)-£12.75mil

Competition

Prem-2nd
Fa Cup-Sixth Round- Lost 3-1 to Man City
League Cup-Quarter Final Lost-2-1 Chelsea
Champions Cup- Final- Lost 1-0 to Bayern

2013/2014

In
Mbugwa-£13mil
Khedira-£3.7Mil

Out
Nouble-1.4mil-Portsmouth
Boffin-1.6Mil-Olympiakos
Signings

Competition
Prem-1st
Fa Cup-Winner
League Cup-Winner
Champ League-Winner- Beat Man u 2-1

2014/2015(Just began)

Signings

Out
Spence-£2.3mil-Aston Villa
Upson- Free
Urb Emmanualson- £3.4mil-Blackburn
Begovic-Free
Hitzlesperger-Free

In
Zarate-Free
Mandanda-Free
Coentrao-£20mil
Lukaku-£17.75 Mil

Competitions
Charity Shield-Won

Hi there. Started game with a created local team (Newbiggin), and started in the Northern English Premier League Premier Division, every single player computer generated, basic training and youth facilities, and £0 transfer budget, all players/staff part time,and took 5 year F/T contract of £1 (to free up club money)

1st season won the above division, won manager of the month twice (not bad).

2nd season, won the Blue Square Bet North on last game of season, 0 manager awards. But more importantly, stuck with the same players who developed extremely well, and didn't buy any new player, too concentrate on youth.

3rd season, runners up in Blue Square Premier after winning playoff against AFC Wimbledon 1-0, won manager of the year award (yay lol), have money rolling in, reached 2nd round of F.A Cup, and won F.A trophy (just).

Now about to start the season in Npower League 2, but having problems negotiating contracts, having problems with state of pitch, and more importantly, players wanting to go to bigger clubs. Ah, the joys of being a manager. But loving it :)

End of 4th season with Peterbourgh United.

Competitions

6th in Prem - pretty close to champions league football 4 points between 8th and 4th.
Europa League group stages - Palermo and Celtic qualified
League cup 4th round - Knocked out by Blackburn
FA cup 3rd round - lost to liverpool

I am currently playing with my local and favourite side Oxford United. I have had successive promotion from league 2, to league 1, and then into the championship. Then in my second season in the championship i managed to get promoted to the premier league even though i was tipped to get relegated. I don't know wether i have got lucky or not but i have found managing oxford very easy so far. Especially considering i was only tipped for mid table at best when starting in league two.

In relation to my last post, looks like I'm going to have long, hard slog of a season. 8 games in, rooted to bottom of division with 1 draw and 7 losses, but got a good cup run in League Cup and JPT. Fans are pretty dam fickle aswell lol. Looks like it's back to the drawing board

Decided to manage a big club as my first proper FM11 save.

Real Madrid . 2010/11

In
Romulu Lukaku- £5M
MatsHummels - £11M
Dennis Appiah - £3.2M

Out
None( looking to offload Gago and M.Diarra)

Generally happy will my team
attachment.php

Last edited:
Going well so far - keep it up!

This is my game so far - very surprised with my form in League 2. Only defeat was to Northampton Town, 3-2.

Ben Strevens surprisingly the top scorer too!

Wich skin do you use?