FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 745
  • Views Views 209K
January, bought Kjaer and Khedira, let Ayala go out on loan to Wolfsburg, looking like a promising centre-half. Still going well in all competitions :)

End of 3rd season.

Premier League: 1st.
League Cup: Winners.
FA Cup: Winners.
Champions League: Winners.

Fantastic. Gonna let a few older players go now. Will update start of next season :)

Started my 4th season with Atletico.
1st season runner up. Won league 2nd season, 3rd in third season.
Finally got a decent transfer budget of 24mil, signed Vidal.
Team is - De Gea, Vrsalijko, Mexes, Alderwiereld, Filipe, Salvio, De Jong, Vidal, Schweignsteiger, Aguero, Ross. Rotational players include Asenjo, A.Lopez, M.Motta, Insua, Godin, Dominguez, J.Martinez, Albin, Sandro, Paloschi and Sobis. In desperate need of a right midfielder. Got 11mil to spend. Any suggestions?

Liverpool, third season, won PL and Carling Cup. Firmly the best team in England, and I can take on any one in the world and have a very good chance of winning.
Team;
Reina
Srna
Wilson
Agger
Bale

Busquets
Gerrard
Lucas
Hazard
Luiz (Amazing regen)
Torres

Subs include: Luis Suarez, bunch of top regens, Phil Jones.

Liverpool, third season, won PL and Carling Cup. Firmly the best team in England, and I can take on any one in the world and have a very good chance of winning.
Team;
Reina
Srna
Wilson
Agger
Bale

Busquets
Gerrard
Lucas
Hazard
Luiz (Amazing regen)
Torres

Subs include: Luis Suarez, bunch of top regens, Phil Jones.

would be good, but the have the midfield maestro of lucas haha

5th in first season with West Brom (mid-season, check sig). Team has remained more or less the same, acquired Goncalves on a free, bought Cristian Benitez and got a bunch of other free agents to loan out. Loaned out many players to increase my transfer budget, got 500k to 1 million for most of them as a loan fee.

Classic top 4 with Arsenal, Liverpool. Man U, Chelsea. Arsenal are walking away with the league.

Blackpool, Wigan, Birmingham, Newcastle are bottom 4. Birmingham and Toon to play eachother next fixture - the team which loses will be stuck in relegation zones.

Easiest league cup draw ever - playing Bolton in the semi-final... My hardest fixture has been Birmingham away. Midlands derby with Wolves or Aston Villa in the next round... Good chance of winning :D

Well, as you can see from the list of achievements in my sig, Season one with Celtic was a success. We beat Rangers every time we faced them... the only team we didn't beat that season? Hearts. Ah well.

Second Season is looking good. Literally half way through the season. We got kicked out of the Champions League, but in fairness, we did get a Group of Death in Real Madrid, Manchester United and Dinamo Moscow. We also suffered a big loss to Rangers but that was because 14 of MY players were on International Duty. After that, everything began to level out. In December, we managed to score over 15 Goals and concede 2 [5 of those against Rangers <3]

Now the transfer window is here and I need to protect my biggest asset, Serginho. 18, epic target man and is being targeted by Roma, Juventus and Chelsea... I'll give them him for £30 Million maybe, but not a penny less.

Have two saves on the go right now both of them are with Southampton.

The first is purely a test one in which I have cheated to increase the teams funds and brought in a bunch of players that I was curious about. That team is just owning everyone but I no longer bother with that save since after 4 seasons a team that began as all wonderkids is not just too good to be any fun.

In my real save I am also with Southampton. In the first season we were promoted from League 1 as runners up. Now into the second season I have suffered a bit from all the player movement that I have done which has included selling almost my entire roster from the start, only 6 original players left in my first team, and find myself in the fight for the playoff spots in the championship.

I have a fairly thin squad so i have been crashing out of all of the cup competitions fairly fast which has not been pleasing my board as they are expecting me to at least go a few rounds in all of them. Will be looking to get promoted to the Premiership this season if my first team can stay healthy.

An interesting side note is that Aston Villa are in the Championship with me and making everyone look silly. Just wonder how they even got sent down because now they are dominant.

Currently playing one save as Derby County.
I begun the game and expected a "mid table finish"
I was given low funds because the chairman wants to sell the club, several talks have took place, but the club has yet to be sold.
I'm into March 2011 now and i'm sitting 4th in the league, 3 points behind second place and Leicester (2nd) have played an extra game.
View attachment 118697

So i'm having an excellent season, and to top it all off. I have just won the League Cup, after beating Bolton ( 2-0 ), Newcastle (1-0), Manchester United (2 legs)(5-4 on aggregate) and Tottenham (2-1). In the 4th round, quater finals, semi finals and the final respectively.
View attachment 118696

I have qualified to the Europa League, and i'm hoping to gain promotion to the premier league this season :)

Pretty well. Playing as Borussia Dortmund at the moment. Was expected to be placed 7th first season but managed a 4th spot and now I'm 3rd in the second season with half the season gone. Buonanotte has been a beast for me. Kadlec came in january and has been even better. But got a lousy form at the moment and lost my 3rd spot to Schalke. I'm 10 points ahead of the 5th but I'd really prefer to atleast gain 1 spot in the table after spending 30m euro on transfers.

Finished 3rd after a nice form with only 1 loss in the 10 last games. Kadlec is a beast for me now. 16 points in 14 games and 2 subs as OMV.

Last edited:
I'm doing pretty good with Atletico Madrid in 4th season. currently im sitting on a 2nd place after beeing predicted 4th, with just 1 point behind Real Madrid! I'm trying to defend my La Liga title won last season and why not try to defend the Champions League. i won't spend much in January window as i have all the players i need, maybe 1 signing and 2-3 sells and then i'm just hoping for the best!

Sames, I sold Defour because he was never playing ahead of Lucas.

odd
i got him for free and he led my team to 4 throphies that same year

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

in my 5th season with NK Dinamo and got appointed ti manage Czech republic
won the Champions league last year
and so far this year the Euro super cup and world club championship

Liverpool.

Won the league and the Europa League first season, 2nd season struggled, finished 4th and got beat in the League cup final.

Just started my 3rd season, had a bit of an overhaul of the squad. Brought in Di Maria, Tevez, Van Persie, Ljajic and Kevin, letting go a fair bit of dead wood. Side now looks like this:

Reina
Johnson-Ayala-Wilson-Bale
Gerrard-Sissoko
Elia-----------------------Di Maria
Torres-Tevez​

Bench: Jones, Carragher, Agger, Lucas, Ljajic, Van Persie, N'gog

Centre of defence seems quite inexperienced however after conceding no goals in the first 3 games I am not too concerned, we will see come January :)

What is the full name of "Elia", can't find him in my game

In my 2nd season with burnley, first season in the premier league and we unexpectedly finished 8th. I just received a job offer from leverkusen, who were the german champions last season...i just can't decide to continue at burnley or go to leverkusen

Back