FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 745
  • Views Views 209K
5th Season with Liverpool, managed to win the league 3 out of the first 4 seasons, 1 champions league winners medal and one runner up, europa league once, few others. Not bad, got a good young squad, hoping to go progress further in this career.

currently in 2nd season with blckpool..finally led the table, with arsenal trailing behind so close...3 more matches to go, in champions league semifinal, in carling cup final..lost the FA cup....no FMRTE or cheating

in first season, an awkward start..the players really like dont know each other..almost justified media prediction..relegated..but, in winter, with juhasdz signing, we gradually improved, and thanks to a really tight battle in the big six, we managed to climbed almost to the top..and at last, we won the premier league in the last match, amazingly, it's our first time to be in top position too!..it's really dramatic if i can tell you..we need a big win (about six goals) and pray that arsenal can't beat man U..we led 4-1 in the last minute, when i saw arsenal managed to get 1-0 in 92th minutes, BUTTT..hernandez ruined them in 93th and 95th minutes..2-1 for manU and a first ever premier league for blackpool!!
i won just with 72 points, arsenal 69, MU 69, chelsea 67, city 66, spurs 63, and villa 62...a very tight competition!
star players: charlie adam (with looottss of ressstss through the entire season) david vaughan, gerrardo torrado, zezinho (loan..and managed to help us found consistency but broken footed after 6 months) elliot grandin (in 2nd season, he still become a SUPER SUB!) humberto suazo (my top scorer) and off course, roland juhasdz (this is the lifesaver..a bargain that won player of the month several times) forgot to say, we won the carling cup too
strategy: 4-3-2-1
defense so poor (56 conceded) but attacking so sharp (79 goals)
Now, we aim to win the champions league..off course with better players!

who can challenge my achievement??? hehehe

Crystal Palace

second so far things going well thanks to wason renteria's prolific scoring.

Started as AFC Wimbledon. Must say it goes incredibly well. Didn't expect this at all when starting. In my first season i topped the BSP league and won the FA trophy.

The second season I was predicted to finish last in the NPower league 2. After a really slow start i tweaked the balance of my tactic a bit and managed to climb to play-off spots. After the winter break it was extremely close in the top notch of the league and we varied from being 7th to first. In the end managed to finish 2nd due to some miserable end-of-season rallies by the competition. Got kicked out of all cups in the first round btw that season.

Now playing Npower league 1. Again predicted to finish last. However, i had a quick start and am in 7th position at the moment. Even beating fierce rivals MK Dons with quite some luck at home. Home form is key thus far. Hoping to reach a play off spot. Still in the JPT to, quarter final south.

Some great (mostly FREE) players that really got me to achieve these results:
Season 1: Top players: Pierre Aristouy (striker hit 26 goals in 40 games), Xavier Audergon, Ismael Fofana, King Gyan, Jim Ablancourt, Danny Uchechi, Greg Cameron

Season 2: St. Louis- Hamilton, Kyle Ebecilio (loan), Deen-Conteh (loan) Oliver Norwood (got kicked out of Man Utd youth, Has great long shots!), Nathan Baker.

Season 3: Dawid Kucharski, Wayne Henderson, Rhys Murphy (loan), Davide Testa, Emmanuel Frimpong (kicked out of Arsenal youth), Nenad Krsticic.

Edit: Another part of the success is a tactic i used from FM2009 that was posted somewhere on this forum. With some tweaks it works really well! Constant domination of possession and many chances. It's a 4-3-1-2 formation with match preparation to defensive positioning.

Still going strong!

Last edited:
End of 3rd season.

Premier League: 1st.
League Cup: Winners.
FA Cup: Winners.
Champions League: Winners.

Fantastic. Gonna let a few older players go now. Will update start of next season :)

In:
Romelu Lukaku - £3.7m, Real Madrid
Taufic Guarch - £3m, Schalke
Alex Smithies - £3.7m, Huddersfield
Christian Juan (regen) - £1.1m, Boca Juniors
Fred Diallo (regen) - £1.4m, Anderlecht
Kevin Cook (regen) - £1m, Rangers
Total - £14m
Out:
Dani Pacheco - £2.8m, Bolton
Robin Van Persie - £13m, Bayern
Jonjo Shelvey - £2m, Fulham
Joe Cole - £2m, Newcastle
Daniel Agger - £8m, Marseille
Lars Bender - £5m, HSV
Kevin - £1.6m, Hoffenheim
Alberto Aquilani - £3m, Genoa
Total - £36m

Brad Jones, Jamie Carragher, Jack Robinson and Nathan Eccleston were let go for free while Suso was sold for £100k to Sevilla. Martin Kelly secured a loan move to Aberdeen. Side now looks like this:

Reina
Johnson-Kjaer-Wilson-Bale
Sissoko-Khedira
A.Sanchez------------Di Maria
Torres-Tevez​

Bench: Smithies, Ayala, Corchia, Lucas, Gerrard, Elia, N'gog

Not much change although the squad is predominantly stronger. I can actually trust Smithies to replace Pepe when needed, whereas Jones was very shaky.

Corchia is really starting to make an impact as he develops, he will replace Johnson within 2 seasons. The back line is very, very strong. Kjaer and Wilson are making a brilliant partnership and Ayala, back from loan is a very good backup along with the steadily developing young Frenchman, Tambe. Bale is always improving and Insua is decent enough backup.

The midfield is always rotated. Gerrard, Khedira, Sissoko and Lucas are all battling for places. Gerrard is starting to decline although still very strong. Khedira is very good, great at winning the ball back and he actually scored a lot of goals. Sissoko is quickly becoming a brilliant all-round midfielder, and Lucas is coming into his prime and is now a very consistent performer.

The wingers are also often rotated. Ljajic has been getting more football so far this season and has played brilliantly as an advanced playmaker but with Elia and Sanchez also being able to play on the right-wing, it is difficult to pick a number one. In the big games, Alexis Sanchez is normally my choice. Elia plays on both wings and is fantastic wherever he plays. Di Maria is my primary left winger and has been one of my best players since joining, beast.

Got a lot of strikers now. Torres and Tevez are the known big namers and are brilliant. Tevez drops deep and works hard while Torres bangs the goals away. Since starting the save N'gog has 35 goals in 67 games, I'd say 25 of those are substitute appearances, he is brilliant when he comes in for Torres and I can certainly see him as a replacement. That is if Guarch doesn't make a name for himself. Played the young Mexican a few times this season, and he has looked very impressive, only 22 too. Romelu Lukaku is currently backup for Tevez, he plays as a complete forward normally, support. He, also, has been very good in what he has played.

Very bright future for this Liverpool squad which has changed so much since my arrival. Hoping for at least 2 trophies this season.

About to begin second season with Leicester. Won the Championship last season.

Squad:
egil27.jpg

Transfers:
1aviekw.jpg

I'm looking for a pacey striker/AM, under 28 preferably and I have 20m to spend. Looked at Podolski, Matias Fernandez, and Vagner Love all rejected contracts

Playing with Inter, 4th season. My team :

*GK* Sergio Romero, Julio Cesar

*Defenders* Davide Santon, Andrea Rannochia, Benedikt Howedes, Maicon, Anthony VandenBorre, Chivu + 2 amazing youth players

*Midlefield* Christopher Missilou, Suley Muntari, Kwadwo Asamoah, Mcdonald Mariga. Franco Zuculini

*AMF* Mesut Ozil, Javier Pastore, Eden Hazard, Coutinho, Goran Pandev, Martin Galvan, Edgar Ivan Pacheco

*Strikers* Eto'o , Dzeko, Borja Baston, Romelu Lukaku and another youth I just can't remember his name atm.

I play 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-2

I've won the Serie A 4 times in a row, CL 2times in a row (Had a rough time in groups for the last 2 seasons >.< ) My target players for the new season are : Abel Hernandez (Rly crazy stats!) and Fabio.

I'm playing with Inter because I'm getting used to FM11, do you have any suggestions for me so that i can start a new game and pick a new (weaker) club ?

cheers

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

I'm looking for a pacey striker/AM, under 28 preferably and I have 20m to spend. Looked at Podolski, Matias Fernandez, and Vagner Love all rejected contracts

If you are looking for AM you should look up for Mesut Ozil, Eden Hazard and Javier Pastore. I have all 3 of them in my team and they are the key to my succes. With 3 of them in the att 3rd of the pitch and a solid target man up front, you are almost 100% to score bunch of goals every game.

For strikers, look for Nicolas Gaitan and Javier Saviola from Benfica.

Another suggestion, you should teach your pacey amf to play striker, you can easily use them as poachers. I can't guarantee you succes but, you will have a good pacey striker ready to come off the bench.

Tried Saviola, he won't sign. Its frustrating I could have bought like Edin Dzeko or someone sick but theres no way he'd discuss a contract with leicester..

For a challenge either try a league championship team, Leicester is good because if you say you'll win the league you get like 15m budget first season. Otherwise try a good european team in a small league and aim for european success. Ajax, PSV, Shaktar Donetsk, Sparta Prague possibly, Porto/Braga maybe, even Wolfsburg could be a good game

FC Wimbledon - Top of League 2 in January by 9 points!! |)

GK Jan Sebek
DR Cowan
DC Troy Brown
DC Miguel Llera (Solid)
DL Ian Morris
DMC Laraudo (Bargain in 1st season)
MC Franck Moussa (Loanee)
AMR Josh McQuiod
AML Ian Henderson
ST Rory Fallon (Great Target man)
ST Jo Kuffour

Other squad players: Scott Malone (loanee), Chris James (Bargain in 1st season), Jean-Francois Christophe, Ismael Fofana, Romone Rose (Big Prospect), Liam O'Brien...

My wage budget took a big pounding but it was well worth it, Chris James and Laraudo on freebies in 1st season are must-buys. Fallon and Kuffour are topscorers in League 2 atm :)

Dortmund, 3rd season at the moment. I'm top of the league with 7 games to go. 3p ahead of Bayern but it's **** tight atm. Got a tough away game in the derby against Schalke 04 coming up.

Getting Gaetano D'Agostino on a free transfer this summer. Gonna try and bring in a new right winger, tried Cassano but he wasn't interested.

Well, as you can see from the list of achievements in my sig, Season one with Celtic was a success. We beat Rangers every time we faced them... the only team we didn't beat that season? Hearts. Ah well.

Second Season is looking good. Literally half way through the season. We got kicked out of the Champions League, but in fairness, we did get a Group of Death in Real Madrid, Manchester United and Dinamo Moscow. We also suffered a big loss to Rangers but that was because 14 of MY players were on International Duty. After that, everything began to level out. In December, we managed to score over 15 Goals and concede 2 [5 of those against Rangers <3]

Now the transfer window is here and I need to protect my biggest asset, Serginho. 18, epic target man and is being targeted by Roma, Juventus and Chelsea... I'll give them him for £30 Million maybe, but not a penny less.
Continued...

The Transfer Window shut and luckily I kept Serginho, brilliant! I also got Darijo Srna on a free transfer. **** yeah!

But we began to slump, my 4-2-4 began to fail, so I changed it to a 4-2-4 with 2 DMC's and 2 Poachers. We done really well, gaining the championship with 5 games to go and winning the league cup. Unfortunately, we got humped 3-1 by Inverness in the Scottish Cup.

Next season is already looking promising as I have the legend Deco coming in on a free from Fluminese, so I am looking forward to that. I also have one of my top scouts looking for young regen talent throughout the world and, speaking of that, I have a great 18 year old Cypriot Defender coming in from Omonoisa for £625k. Third season will be difficult, but it'll be a good challenge.

Had some really good draws and flying in the Premier League. Champions League game against Lyon up next. Whole squad has played brilliantly, even the likes of Guarch who is young and recently come in. Signed a young Mexican centre-half from New York Red Bulls, 19 years old and will probably come into the first team next season, paid 5.5 Million for him. Let Verratti go and Konchesky went to Reading on loan (proud to say I ruined his career :)). Finally, Arsenal signed Steve Roberts from me, a product of the youth academy I decided I was happy to take a 1.1 Million compensation package from him.[quote/]

Premier League: Winners
Champions League: Quarter finals
FA Cup: Winners
League Cup: Winners

Also won the Club World Championship :)

Transfer update.
In:
Neymar, 35 Million - CSKA Moscow
Bogdan Dobre (regen), 4 Million - Parma
Conor Banks (regen), 1.6 Million - Middlesbrough
Le (regen), 1.5 Million - Palmeiras
Ruben Urribari (regen), 200k loan fee - Atletico Madrid

Out:
Alassane Tambe, 500k loan fee - Spurs
Callum Harris (regen), 1 Million - Spurs
Martin Kelly, loan - Pompey
Le, loan - Pompey

The likes of Konchesky and Thomas Ince finally left on free's. Portsmouth are a new feeder club. Tom Cairney will be coming in, January for 6.5 Million.

Squad:

Reina
Smithies

Johnson
Corchia
Ayala
Villagomez
Kjaer
Wilson
Bale
Insua

Sissoko
Khedira
Gerrard
Lucas

Ljajic
Sanchez
Elia
Di Maria

Neymar
Torres
Tevez
Guarch
Lukaku
N'gog
Dobre

Last edited:
Things are not going well for Leicester in the Premiership!

Following the acquisition of Michael Owen, Jan Venegoor of Hesselink, Philipo Inzaghi, Jan Koller, Mauro Camoranesi, Mark van Bommel, Armand Traore, Joe Lewis, and Marco Veratti for about 15m(dollars) total going into their first premiership season, Leicester sit 18th with 5 points after 7 games.

I'm assuming the problem is that I simply bought too many players and tried to integrate them all into the starting lineup. This happened a bit in my first season but i straightened out as my quality and depth started to make up for initial disharmony.. I'm not sure if that will be the case in the premiership.

How do those signings sound to you guys? Obviously i bought loads of strikers but I think I definitely have a better starting XI than most mid-table premiership teams. Also, Armand Traore is looking like a great signing. 18 acceleration and 19 pace, I'm playing him at left wing and he reminds me of Walcott a year or two ago.. crazy pace decent crossing (14) but cant finish. He's only 21 though so im hoping I can build his finishing a bit and turn him into a striker or inside forward

Currently at third season with Manchester United.

First season: Won the League and Champions League. Knocked out very early for the domestic cups.

Second season: Won everything except Champions League. Was knocked out by Barcelona on the second round knockout stage.

Signings

I made two big signings this season. Sergio Asenjo came in as back up on a free transfer, while Phil Jones came in as a future replacement for Vidic and Rio at 8.5 mil.

Squad

I play a fluid 4-1-1-3-1 formation. My current squad is

Goalkeeper: Gulliermo Ochoa, Sergio Asenjo

Central Defenders: Rio Ferdinard, Vidic, Jonny Evans, Phil Jones, Rafael Toloi

Fullbacks: Rafael, Patrica Evra, Lucas Digne (regen DL), John O'Shea, Leighton Baines

Central/Defensive Midfielders:
Darren Fletcher, Owen Hargreaves, Jack Rodwell, Moussa Sissoko, Anderson

Right Wingers: Giuliano, Antonio Valencia

Left Inside forward: Nani, Balotelli

Trequista: Kevin, Bebe, Kevin Shaw (Regen, AMC)

Poacher:
Rooney, Javier Hernadenz, Federico Macheda

Very happy with my squad. :D

For United, you should really try to sign Neymar.. it might be too late now though

currently in 2nd season with blckpool..finally led the table, with arsenal trailing behind so close...3 more matches to go, in champions league semifinal, in carling cup final..lost the FA cup....no FMRTE or cheating

in first season, an awkward start..the players really like dont know each other..almost justified media prediction..relegated..but, in winter, with juhasdz signing, we gradually improved, and thanks to a really tight battle in the big six, we managed to climbed almost to the top..and at last, we won the premier league in the last match, amazingly, it's our first time to be in top position too!..it's really dramatic if i can tell you..we need a big win (about six goals) and pray that arsenal can't beat man U..we led 4-1 in the last minute, when i saw arsenal managed to get 1-0 in 92th minutes, BUTTT..hernandez ruined them in 93th and 95th minutes..2-1 for manU and a first ever premier league for blackpool!!
i won just with 72 points, arsenal 69, MU 69, chelsea 67, city 66, spurs 63, and villa 62...a very tight competition!
star players: charlie adam (with looottss of ressstss through the entire season) david vaughan, gerrardo torrado, zezinho (loan..and managed to help us found consistency but broken footed after 6 months) elliot grandin (in 2nd season, he still become a SUPER SUB!) humberto suazo (my top scorer) and off course, roland juhasdz (this is the lifesaver..a bargain that won player of the month several times) forgot to say, we won the carling cup too
strategy: 4-3-2-1
defense so poor (56 conceded) but attacking so sharp (79 goals)
Now, we aim to win the champions league..off course with better players!

who can challenge my achievement??? hehehe

Bullocks did you. Until you provide screenshots, I'll think you used FMRTE or have made a nice little story up.

3rd season with bunrley, kept them in the premier league now 3rd after 8 games (:

2016 or thereabouts now with Arsenal and just finished the latest season, won everything going. Nearly managed to go the entire season unbeaten in all competitions (Spurs away ruined it for me, although I had already won the league by then).

Premier League Won 34 Drawn 3 Lost 1

So close!

I have never managed to repeat Wenger's Invincibles in all the years of playing since CM2. This is the closest I have got so far.

Back