FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 745
  • Views Views 209K
In my Notts County save I won 3-1 against Bristol Rovers and lost 5-1 to Southampton. :(
But I bought Fabregas in my 2012-2013 Barcelona save albeit for 80 million pounds!

Shocking at the moment started on a high with Aston Villa top of the table just before christmas then the wheels came off, all three of my key midfielders got injured (petrov, reo and sidwell) and my form slumped. 7th at the moment still in euro cup and absolutely thumped totttenham in the league cup final 6-0.

How do I upload screenshots anyone please?

So it looks like Leicester are for the drop in their first season in the Prem. So much has gone wrong this season.. I probably average .8 red cards a game and .5 serious injuries a game. My squad seems so good but the fact that Michael Owen has not scored a single goal pretty much epitomizes my season. I got offered the job at Bordeaux (why would they offer the job to the 18th place prem manager?) but turned it down so hopefully my board won't sack me when we get relegated. I signed Veratti and Varane so maybe if I can hold onto most of my squad ill be better off next time in the prem

I have a new sympathy for the bottom of the table managers now when I watch the review and they're getting grilled post-match

Finished my first season very disappointing! - finished 3rd with man united - knocked out 1st round of champs league - carling cup 4th round - fa cup 5th round

Ended up top scorers in the league with 97 goals the most suprising thing is that i didnt get sacked ! instead i resigned with embarrassment

waited a couple of months end of aug 2011 declared an interest in the recently relegated wigan job -
picked up the reigns have macheda on loan -(banging loads of goals in) and we are top of the league on route for the prem!

In my first year managing middlesbrough, at the moment in 1st place 14 points clear at the top and half way through the season - Just played the boxing day game.

Top Goal scorer is Federico Macheda on loan from United with 10 goals.. actually could be more as he scored 2 against bansley.

Last edited:
Managing the Gunners:)
Only in September 1st season but really enjoying it so far, definately feel that I could acheive sucess.
I've signed Germany goalkeeper Rene Adler - £17M (so worth it) , Fernando from Porto as back-up for Song cost me £5M, Tom Cairney from Hull- £2.7M - 19 years old; although i've just signed him ,i've loaned him to reading for 5 months where he is seen as a valuble player of the first team. And finally, I signed Spartak forward Welliton.. Top player when played as poacher-attack. The only player sold was Diaby for £5.75M.
Other youngsters are out on loan like Emmanuel - Thomas, Lansbury etc.
Manager of the month award for August and all is looking good.:$

Managing the Gunners:)
Only in September 1st season but really enjoying it so far, definately feel that I could acheive sucess.
I've signed Germany goalkeeper Rene Adler - £17M (so worth it) , Fernando from Porto as back-up for Song cost me £5M, Tom Cairney from Hull- £2.7M - 19 years old; although i've just signed him ,i've loaned him to reading for 5 months where he is seen as a valuble player of the first team. And finally, I signed Spartak forward Welliton.. Top player when played as poacher-attack. The only player sold was Diaby for £5.75M.
Other youngsters are out on loan like Emmanuel - Thomas, Lansbury etc.
Manager of the month award for August and all is looking good.:$
Alex Song is a sexy beast.

But nonetheless, I won the CL with my Barcelona B-Team (Neymar, Thiago, Marc Batra, Bojan, Pinto, Montoya, Fontas, Soriano, and Maxwell + some first team starters and subs) 3-0 against FC Bayern Munchen

Just beat R. Mardrid 5-2 in the Championship Cup Semi finals, sawsome real interesting goal from both sides( & 1 complete miss by Tevez on an OPEN goal:'()

Also won the Premiere Division for the second year in a row, still 3 games left so hoping to finish strong.

Last edited:
Oh my i got messi for 59mil as he was transfer listed by request (H)

Bullocks did you. Until you provide screenshots, I'll think you used FMRTE or have made a nice little story up.

here
klasementaunpertama.jpg

Currently managing Hibernian from Scotland. I'm in the final of the Scotland League Cup, the quarters of the Scotland Cup and on the League i'm in the 1st place.
Riordan, Nish, Tiberkanine and Soukouna are amazing.

Managed Hereford and got them 3rd in League 2. First year in League 1 I was 10th but 3 points off 6th :'(

I got them out of debt and at the end of the season I asked for a new contract because my're was done at the end of the season but they wouldn't offer me one. I waited to get offered one but never got one. :'( Fans were shocked.

Later in the season I signed for Southend (League 1) and now trying to get out the bottom.

I started as usual, taking over Derby County (The Mighty Rams) as I always do! The board expected a mid-table finish, which I was happy with as I wanted to clear out the deadwood and the older players as you can see below.

This seemed to help as I pushed hard all season long and ended up taking 2nd place in the nPower Championship and being promoted.

As much as I wanted to succeed in the Premier League I knew this team was just not good enough, and so I didn't go crazy with my transfer budget or wage budget knowing that relegation was fairly certain! I bought in a couple of players like Steven Naismith and Scott Dann with the rest loan players.

I did struggle all season long and it was no surprise that we finished bottom and were relegated, but we did put up a good fight which impressed the board. I was offered 2 jobs at the end of the season, Liverpool and Arsenal, both of which I turned down as I really want to make this Derby team successful.

After the pain of relegation, I knew I would be expected to get promoted on our return to the Championship, and luckily with the parachute payments I was able to keep hold of the players I wanted, and managed to add to the squad.

The team bonded fantastically and we absolutely romped the Championship from start to finish, setting most goals scored and most team points records and wrapping up promotion at our 1st attempt and with ease.

Back in the Premier League again and I played this season a little bit cheeky, as I felt this group of players would stay clear of relegation, but I told the board we would fight bravely against relegation! Even so they backed me in the transfer window and so I brought in the following:

We suffered a few injuries to key players but we still managed to overcome this and have made a good start to the season as you can see.

Hopefully in the January transfer window, we should be able to push on and at least get a mid-table finish as I've got Andy Carroll on his way from Newcastle for only £3.4M as he's fell out with his 4th manager at Newcastle in 4 years!

wow uv'e done amazingly well. Im playing as man utd in my save but tottenham came 3rd by one point and I faced em in the champions league final which was ****** amazing because I ended up winning 3-2 probably the the toughest match I had all season. How many goals has dzeko scored for you so far? because I tried him in one of my previous saves and he was useless

Currently Huddersfield, 5th after 13 games, 7 points behind Peterborough who are top. I signed Leigh Griffiths, Corry Evans on loan, Jermie Aliadiere, Jay Demerit, Oliver Lee on loan and Rhys Murphy on loan. Arsenal are my feeder team and Griffiths is top goalscorer with 10 goals in 16 games.

Arsenal are my feeder team and Griffiths is top goalscorer with 10 goals in 16 games.

You mean, Arsenal are your parent club ;) would be quite strange if Arsenal were underneath you :)

I'll post an update of my Arsenal save tomorrow, maybe Friday sometime.

first season = promotion to championship (finished 4th but won palyoffs)
second season = shock promotion to premiership (wasnt planning on promotion til the season after!)
third season=

xJtPg.png

cmDLg.png

FA cup winners and finished 10th in premiership.

and i then went on to win the community shield :)

Sfyl5.png

Im Spurs, top after 7 games, through in the arling cup and top of my CL group with wins at home against Roma and Barca and a draw away against Partizan, Pavlychenko, Defoe and Carroll are banging in the goals!

This is an online game i'm having, my mate is playing as Leeds. I lost the JPT final in the first year to Oldham, got to the Fa cup semi final the second year but lost 0-1 to Liverpool. Currently building a side for the prem but in all honesty i'm not expecting much. Just got the England under 21 job too.

Back