FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 745
  • Views Views 209K
Started unemployed, landed Newcastle job, resigned around october, Arsenal approached at the start of march (in bad shape, Wenger left for Sevilla, they were 6th with no hope of catching up and they had 1:1 first leg of the first knockout round in CL against Shakhtar)
Held onto the 6th spot and won the CL

Started with huddersfield!..half way through season and comin 2nd...lee novak has 32 goals already hes a goal machine

I think this should be stickied :)

Anyway I'm playing as Numancia in Liga Adelante but not doing really well
I can't find the right tactic for the team :(
ive been numancia on every fm since 2003 when i took job and did very well i start file every new game.

anyways ive been hearts for 4 seasons won spl every year 2 scottish cups 1 league cup and a 1/4 final cl last season

I'm playing as Colchester, currently 8th in the premier league in January after back to back promotions. My best result so far has been a 4-0 drubbing of Spurs.

Just left Wrexham for Villarreal, lost 3 of my first 4 matches and have been threatened with the sack, I've been there 3 months.

Edit: Sacked at the beginning of Decemeber with the team 4th from bottom. Took over at Preston.

Last edited:
At the start of the game at Aston Villa I loaned Rafael for 750k and Aaron Ramsey for 800k. On the 1st of January Id gotten a message:

29czlf.jpg

I bid on both Rafael and Ramsey, Arsenal werent willing to sell Ramsey, but Man Utd offered Rafael at 15M which I agreed to pay. I check their reserves and noticed Fabio is only 3.4m and available for loan so I bid on him with what I had left. they came back saying they would accept 15m for him, so I went to my board and asked for more transfer funds, which they refused however I tried a second time and they Agreed! I checked my balance and it was just over 15m! So I bought Fabio too! 8-|
4r6mh1.jpg

I also notice Darron Gibson is in there quite cheap so hopefully I can get him at the end of the season :D

Just finished my fourth season with fiorentina. Won serie a by a very comfy 13 points, and won the Italian cup for second time in a row. Pastore is my key player. Ballotelli had not such a good debut season, hoping to build on my successive season.

My Reading update:

I am just finishing the 3rd season (progress is slow because I manage to get small snippets of time to play it in!) but I am currently in 16th postion with two games to go.

Thought this was worth mentioning as I felt it was quite realistic.

I had made really good progress after get reading promoted to the prem, and was floating around the mid table position and looking comfortable. Unfortunately, just after the january window around 3 of my best defenders (incl. galeano) got injured and I had in sufficient cover. I was playing well with lots of possesion but conceded very poor goals. Its very realistic becuase the players i had to cover were youngsters with 1 1/2 stars for potential. Also Pearce has fallen out with me due to being a moody *******.

I'm really enjoying this game and have a massive task to strengthen my defence for next season. Also I could do with replacing Federici. Although he has reasonable stats he never plays that well.

Hey Hi guys m new to the fm-base forums...i'm on my 3rd season with manchester utd, the thing is till now, many top playrs like ozil, balotelli, dzeko, adler, neuer, n atleast 10 other players became unhappy with their clubs n requested a transfer n were available for a mere 5-7 million...dat made it **** easy for me to buy most of them, is it common?? coz it made my game **** easy with all the great players...

Hey Hi guys m new to the fm-base forums...i'm on my 3rd season with manchester utd, the thing is till now, many top playrs like ozil, balotelli, dzeko, adler, neuer, n atleast 10 other players became unhappy with their clubs n requested a transfer n were available for a mere 5-7 million...dat made it **** easy for me to buy most of them, is it common?? coz it made my game **** easy with all the great players...

Ozil and Balotelli I can imagine because they'd get pushed out of the Madrid and City squads. The beauty of it is their squads hold too many first team players so they tend to want to leave and cheap, since those teams are rich anyway. Same works for the youth - because teams like Chelsea and City ignore their youth players and they're perfect for us lower league managers ^^)

Third year with QPR now - promoted to premier league but only trophy I won was league cup last year :)

picture.php

Three months in, Kituno unbeaten and sitting comfortably in November.

• F.C. Porto stay ahead of the pack following 5-0 thrashing at home to Sporting Braga.
  • Kituno exploiting the power of Os Dragões, with Hulk and Falcao firing on all cylinders.

Three months into his reign at Estádio do Dragão, not many people expected the unproven manager to be doing as well as he has been in Portugal, with win after win both domestically and in Europe. The English boss, who took over the giants back in July, has just been awarded his third Manager of the Month award, following a 5-0 thumping at the hands of ambitious European contenders, Sporting Braga. A dreary first-half ending 0-0 sparked into life, with Hulk being involved in the rout.

Andre Villas-Boas' resignation from his post at the club left a young boss, who had never managed a club in his life, let alone a team who, under the reign of Jose Mourinho, were able to win the UEFA Champions League, be able to kickstart the season on a good note. Since his appointment by the Porto board, Kituno was then able to win the Supertaça (Portuguese Super Cup) against Benfica in a 2-1 victory that had spelled good things. It then followed with an opening-day away win to Naval 4-0 and consecutive wins over Israeli minnows Bnei Yehuda in the Fourth Qualifying Round of the Europa League (4-0 and 3-0 respectively) to then be drawn with Dynamo Kyiv, Maccabi Haifa and Norwegian outfit Stabaek - all of whom have fallen to the possession-dominating team that is Porto under the guidance of the 25-year-old.

Now, with Falcao available for European selection following his three-match suspension in a sending off in an away league match to Pacos Ferreira, will possibly play a central role whilst Hulk drops off to the left wing in the regularly-used 4-3-3 formation. The Portuguese now travel to Norway in the return group stage fixture to Stabaek at Telenor Arena in Baerum, giving the Colombian hitman the chance to add to his six goal tally of this season. In mass comparison, the Brazilian, Hulk, has had a great season so far, netting thirteen goals in fourteen appearances - including a substitute appearance. Alongside him is fellow team-mate Fernando Belluschi, and his performances on the right wing and just recently picking up the Player of the Month award for his 'show' against Sporting Braga. The 27-year-old, who joined in 2008 from Greek side Olympiakos for a measly £4.3million, has pushed right winger Silvestre Varela from a first-team spot, despite rotation from Kituno.

A win in Scandinavia should see De blaa tugged to the bottom of the group stage table, whilst Porto gain three points and possibly move eight points ahead of Kyiv and Haifa, both of whom are stuck at four points and now have to do battle to claim second and the three games remaining of the group stage left. Expectations for Porto to reach the semi-finals of the Europa League this season also means that Kituno must find performances in Europe and establish a large lead domestically, and save key players such as striking partnership Falcao and Hulk, but also the midfield trio of Joao Moutinho, Luiz Gustavo and Fernando. The inclusion of Brazilian Gustavo (joining Porto from TSG Hoffenheim in the summer for £4.7million) has now pushed fellow Brazilian comrade Souza out of the first-team, who at the age of 21, has a lot of potential to fill during his career in Europe.

Defensively, F.C. Porto are sound too. Rafael's presence at right-back (signing on-loan from Manchester United until the end of the season) has given Uruguayan fullback Jorge Fucile the ability to play on the opposite side of left back, and World Cup team-mate Alvaro Pereira a spot on the bench. But the main aspect has been the solid partnership of Nicolas Otamendi and Maicon in central defence. Recent fantastic performances from the Brazilian - Argentinian double has had
Os Dragões concede just six goals this season, setting a record amongst others for the least in Portuguese football this season. But now, it's a trip to Portuguese outfit Olhanense, a hosting of Vitoria Setubal and then another away trip - this time to Vitoria Guimaraes. Can they continue it? Kituno surely hopes so.

2nd season as sunderland first season i finished 4th

starting 11 is

gordon
rapa cahill shawcross rat

weiss cattermole flamini nzogbia

tardelli bent

with thiago, rosicky, kompany, beerens, gyan, turner, garmash, delac competing

Hi im new to this FM Base and have never tried it...

Me and my friend are currently playing online using STEAM.

I am Manchester UTD, he is Arsenal.

In the first season i finnihsed 3rd, althought i was top until the last 9 games or so, and my friend won teh league.
Owen Hargreaves won players player of the year, Sergio Aguero won player of the year (40 goals in 47 games for Arsenal)..

we are in our 2nd season now and heres my team...

GK's: H.Lloris, T.Kuszczak, B.Amos

RB's: Maicon, W.Brown, J.O'shea, Fabio
CB's: N.Vidic, R.Ferdinand, J.Evans, J.Vertonghen
LB's: P.Evra, Rafiel

RM's: Nani, Park Ji-Sung
CM's: O.Hargreaves, D.Fletcher, M.Carrick, Anderson
LM's: Neymar, G.Bale
AM's: Pato, E.Hazard,

ST's: W.Rooney, E.Dzeko, D.Berbatov, J.Hernandez, MB.Diouf

(Probabaly missed a few players as iv only sold a couple and a hand full left on a free as they were out of contract)

Currently played 3 games in the league...3rd place at this moment..

Man UTD 7-0 Notts Forrest
Blackburn 0-1 Man UTD
Man UTD 3-5 Liverpool

My next game is arsenal :)

January, 1st Season with Internazionale, already won European Supercup, Italian Supercup and CWC . Currently 1st, 3 points ahead of Udinese, with one game in hand . Quarter Finals of the Italian Cup, and 1st Knockout Round in CL, going to play against Schalke 04 !

After playing FM for the best part of the last 2 years (I'm not including when I use to play it on the C64 back in the 80's) I'm finally starting to master it. In my first season with Spurs I won the FA Cup and finished 5th in the league. I then won the Charity Shield against Chelsea (Mickey Mouse Cup I know, but I'll take anything, especially against Chelsea). This season I won the League Cup and retained the FA Cup and finished 3rd in the league.

What's most satisfying is I've not spent a lot of money on my squad (mainly because I've not had any money to spend which seems a bit wrong for Spurs), and still have a pretty similar first eleven from when I started.

For a long time I was pretty average at FM but since I got FM2011 I've been doing a lot better. I don't think it's because the game has changed, I just think I've learnt a bit more. I was always having trouble with getting Van Der Vaart to play well. He was always under-performing, averaging around 6.5 a game. I actually dropped him from my squad halfway through my first season. I thought he'd had in a transfer request, but luckily he stayed on and I gave him another go. I didn't really change the way he plays but he's been one of my best players this season, scoring 2 goals in the FA Cup Final.

I'm just about to start the next season and am hoping I have a bit more money to spend on a couple of world class players, and then might have a decent chance of challenging for the league. COYS!!!

Im not doing too bad, second with middlesbrough after 18 games, level on points with leader

my united team is absolutely flying at the moment. I am top of the table by 12 point and its January i have only one defeat to my name in the league against Arsenal 1-0 at the emirates. I have brought Rodwell this season for a bargain £7 million as i needed a good CM as i released Carrick on a free and Scholes retired from the club and he has been sensational so far alongside Busquets.

I was meant to sign Pastore for 43 million but decided to go for the cheaper option in Rodwell and its worked well. The funny thing is that Pastore had 6 months left on his contract at Palermo and i managed to get him on a free at the end of the season :O so im delighted with that and can't wait for him to join my squad. I went on a 24 match win after win run starting at towards the end of last season and continuing this season before my defeat at arsenal. I have literally all my squad listing me as their personal favorite person so im getting the best of out most of my players every game and the morale is superb.

I brought Babacar as a long term replacement for Rooney and its working well he is starting to click since scoring 4 against Liverpool in a FA Cup i didn't want to drop him for the next game. He hasn't stopped scoring since including a hat trick in the Champions League and was Player of the month scoring 8 goals in 4 games. Overall I have won 3 league titles, FA Cup once, Carling Cup once, Community Shield once, Champions League once, Super Cup and Club World Championship so im delighted with my success so far!!!

Just Finished my 1st season with villa finished 9th in the premier league but won the league and fa cup and also got to the final of the europa league.

Back