FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 745
  • Views Views 209K
Playing Bishop's Stortford in BSS, 1st of the table, clear by three points and undefeated :)

4th seasom with AFC Wimbledon and 1st season in championship. No one wants to join our team even in loan, plus we can´t afford anybody´s wages. It´s going to be tuff.

Liverpool Gun For A Top 4 Spot..

Connor Clarke took over the reigns at Anfield as King Kenny's Student.. The dream was a Top 4 Finish, a reality something much harder. Clarke had a fair amount of a money to spent in the Summer Transfer Window, and was to use the Installments Tool Wisely. The biggest signing being the 23 Million spent on striker Edin Dzeko. Fellow striker Vaclav Kadlec joined for just 1 Million. Scott Parker another big money signing- 19 Million, with a Majority Payed in Installments. Clarke also put faith into youth- Birmingham Prospect Brice Ntambwe was added to the Teams Impressive Youth Set-Up, along with Lacina Traore. Lacina is currently on loan at Genk, in hope of earning a Work Permit in England.

Liverpool's season would have to start in the Europa League Qualifiers- That 2005 Night in Istanbul a Distant Memory. Liverpool would have to travel to Ireland and play Fingal. The 1st leg a walk in the park for the side- Meireles, Joe Cole & 2 from David N'Gog give Liverpool breathing space for the 2nd leg. The return leg was just as easy- N'Gog getting a double again, and Paecho adding to the score-sheet. Liverpool then faced a scare and a half. Greek Side Aris defeating Liverpool 2-0 in the final Qualfying stage. Clarke called on the Famous European Spirit of Liverpool to pull them through... And my lord did it come. Gerrard's penalty just before Half Time installed belief, Jamie Carragher levelled the tie- Dirk Kuyt & Fernando Torres Give Liverpool European Football. But once more Liverpool were un-done in Europe- This time in the Group Stage's 1st matchday. Lille the visitors to Anfield, defeating the Home Side 2-1. Clarke bemused at his side's performance, wondered if it was to be his year. Liverpool then played Metalist in Group D. The Reds having to wait until the 89th minute, when Fabio Aurellio smashed in an un-stoppable free-kick. The Scouse Lucky. Liverpool completed easy wins against Timisoara, before hitting a 0-0 draw against Lille- With a weakened side. Despite Liverpool's 5-0 trashing of Metalist in the final Group Stage Game, un-beaten Lille took the groups 1st spot. Liverpool settling for 2nd, on Goal Difference. Sampdoria await Liverpool in the next round.

In the league Liverpool almost needed Top 4 and Champions League Football. It was to be tough, but Clarke seen the quality there- And so did everyone as Liverpool started their season with a 3-0 win against rivals Everton. David N'Gog scoring 2, as he made a fantastic start with his goal tally. There was talk of The Reds finishing top after coming from behind to beat Birmingham, but that was short-lived after a crushing 1-0 loss to West Brom. That was then followed by defeats against Wigan and Newcastle.. The Liverpool Faithful left confused at a turn in fortune. Ryan Babel was Liverpool's saviour though, his goal giving Liverpool a first win in 4 matches- 1-0 against Blackburn. 10 Man Liverpool looked to be heading to another defeat, until Steven Gerrard smashed home a 95th minute Penalty against Man-City and a Priceless draw. A Win against Fulham Followed by joy was short-lived, as The Reds somehow lost 2-0 to Spurs after dominating the match. The Anfield Fans then saw a turn in fortunes- Stoke, Wolves, West Ham & Blackpool all defeated as Liverpool climbed the table. Liverpool dropped points away from home, 0-0 against Aston Villa before claiming a fighting point at Old Trafford. Fernando Torres & David N'Gog showing Liverpool's capability. The Reds then had a chance to prove themselves once more- But could only muster a 1-0 defeat against Arsenal at the Emirates. Torres & N'Gog scored one more, as Connor Clarke served a touchline ban against Sunderland- Clarke joked after the match he was letting Assistant Sammy Lee take charge of more matches. Unlikely scorers then at Anfield against Bolton- Meireles & Johnson in a 2-1 win. It was more frustration then for Liverpool. A 3-2 away defeat against Chelsea, in a valiant performance- Steven Gerrard even hit the inside of the post in the 94th minute. But Gerrard was then sent-off against Everton- Much to the amustent of the Home Fans, and Liverpool had more festive blues. A 0-0 Draw, which leaves Liverpool 6 points behind 4th place. Hard-Work needed in the New Year.

In the Carling Cup Liverpool were knocked out by Championship Side Cardiff, at Anfield in the 4th Round. The game went to Penalties after a 1-1 draw in Normal Time, Connor Clarke will be dissapointed as the Cup was winnable and a good chance to exercise Youth Players.

A Final Paragraph on the Half Season Review, and on Connor Clarke's Summer Signings. Clarke won't be too pleased with them so far. 23 Million Pound Striker, Edin Dzeko has failed to hit the net in 15 League Apperences. It looks as though Edin could be the next Shevchenko, although it is still early days. Kadlec hasn't been given much game time, but will surely be used come the end of the season- Just 5 apperences, but no goals on the record. Scott Parker hasn't been too bad- And is now being tried out as more of an attacking option. There is still room for improvment for the England Midfielder. Lacina Traore has been in good form at Genk, scoring 6 goals in 12 matches and Brice Ntambwe has only made 1 start in the league. Liverpool's defence [Reina, Aurellio, Johnson, Carragher, Wilson, Agger & Skrtel mainly] have been in great form- David N'Gog is the Teams Top Scorer with 13 goals- Fernando Torres also in great form, just behind. Steven Gerrard has been hit and miss, and will be looking to improve as the season draws to a close. The overall rating of 7.26, gives Jamie Carragher Liverpool's Man of the 1st Part of the Season Award [MoT1PoTSA] Jamie has also notched in 2 goals this season- Making it his most successful in front of goal yet.

Connor Clarke will be looking for his side to push on for the top 4, but as things stand Liverpool might have to settle for the Europa League once more...

Portsmouth
1st season: 1st in Championship

View attachment 129106 View attachment 129107

2nd season: 5th in Premier League
The new owner gave me $50m to spend but in January i had about $13m left but the board took all the money back and decreased the wages by $100k :(

View attachment 129108 View attachment 129109 View attachment 129110

3rd season: Currently playing
Got $46.5m to spend and $725k of wages for a top half finish.

Don't you get a transfer embargo in the first season?

I have a question........... i tred to install patch 11.2.1 russian but where I can find english language...............

My Edin Dzeko in season 2014-15, scored:
51 goals in 37 apps
That is crazy O.o

Him and babacar (30+ goals) are tearing the EPL apart.....

Made 136 goals in the league, won with 99 points

Well I started at Fiorentina in my first season. After starting well with 2 wins, I succumbed to some bad form with 4 draws and 3 losses after that. I got given an ultimatum to turn it around or be sacked. Not going to well already. Tweaking the squad and benching Gilardino, who was having a strop about being told he was not playing well (avg 5.3 form across the last 5 matches..) and beat Inter Milan 3-1. I lost the italian cup first round against Udinese, and without any EURO competition to worry about, I went on undefeated for 2010/11 season after the initial losses, ending top of Seria A with 26 Wins, 9 Draws and 3 Losses. I offloaded Vargus and Gilardino in January transfer window and brought in Jo from City on loan and Ibrahim Affelay for £3.5m.

Roberto Carlos on free was by far my best signing though, but he did not fair to well in my 2011/12 season, finding himself slowly replaced by the upcoming left back Dodo, bought for 5 million from Freiburg (i believe...think it was them..). Bolstering my squad with a rather generous transfer budget, one quite luxious to what i was given in 10/11 anyway, I made purchases of Balotelli from City, Hunterlaar (much to the fans dissapointment) (from somewhere) and David Alaba from Bayern Munich. Hunterlaar proved to be a hit, only to get injured and break his leg in Febuary. Balotelli started slow but picked up, and overtook Hunterlaar for the Top goalscorer award in Seria A, with hunterlaar second.

Managed to continue my unbeaten form in the season within the league, not losing a single game, finding myself with the Manchester United spirit of equalising late if we were losing.

I guided Fiorentina to the final of the Champions League, to spite those that said my group of Barcelona, Ajax and Wolfsburg was the group of death, coming top in that instance. losing only to Ajax and drawing once with Barcelona. I lost the second leg of the first knockout to Leverkusan but the two away goals in the first leg meant I went through anyway. Had the quarter final against Chelsea, then the Semi Final against Athletico Madrid, overcoming both quite easily...strangely. Played very offensive against Chelsea and scored 3 in the first half. Conceded one in the second but the seond leg at stamford bridge was a 1-0 victory to me too. Met inter in the final and beat them 2-0 and met them in the final of the italian cup also, 1-0 scrape win there that i will hold my hands up and say it was an offside goal..but hey..I enjoyed beating Rafa Benitez multiple times, with him finishing second in the league.

After that, I turned down contracts to renew and stay at Fiorentina longer. Sir Alex Fergusson was retiring at the end of 2011/12 Season and I had my sights set on that. Leaving with pretty much everything accomplished, I have just taken the reins at Manchester United and just about to start the community shield tie against Liverpool. With Giggs, Scholes, Neville and Van der Sar all coaches at other clubs now, the investment in the club was needed. I purchused Benedikt Howedes, who i bought at Fiorentina, and brought him over to Man U with me as a defender who can get 17 league goals and 22 overall from set pieces is worth having. Really good defender too, so partnering him with Vidic in the centre. Splashed 35m on Edin Dzeko from Wolfsburg to activate the release clause as they wouldnt take 30m or below. Sold Rafael to Barca for 8 million and bought Phillip Lahm on loan from Atheltico Madrid (must have moved a season or two ago :S) and Andres Iniesta from Barcelona for 24m.

Transfer window still open but in dire need of a right winger as SAF let valencia go, and nani is playing on both right and left wing at the moment. need to give them stable positions.

That is my story so far...1 manager of the year award for 2012, 2 Domestic Titles, 1 Major League cup, 1 Major Continental cup and 1 Italian supercup. The upcoming community shield match is to be my 100th competitive league match too. I am also applying for the England job too as Capello just retired.

Also as an additional sin, sold Rio Ferdinand (33) to West Ham for 2m...little mistake on my part...for some reason i thought it said 12m lol was thinking **** yeah..until the balance came through :/

Sorry i have no idea how to post screenshots but so far with Arsenal played 18 in EPL won 18, into first knockout round of the CL facing Benfica, Carling cup semi with Stoke and fourth rnd tie with Bolton coming up in the FA cup

GK Almunia
RWB Sagna
CB Rami (£5m) Lille (Lmited def stopper)
CB Vermaelan (ball play def)
LWB Clichy

CM Cesc (ad playmaker)
CM Diaby (central Mid)

RW Van Persie (inside forward)
AM Nasri (att midfield Attacker)
LW Arshavin (Advanced playmaker)

ST Chamakh (ad forward)

other signings:
Steven Pienaar £5m
Romelu Lukaku £7m
Rafael Toloi £5m season loan at cardiff
Igor Akinfeev £15m arriving Jan 1st

Notable loans:
Johan Djouro sorry about spelling (season loan plus £250k fee Lille)
Jack Wilshire (season loan A Villa)

players for sale:
Denilson £5m
Carlos Vela £4.5m
Almunia or Fabianski whoever i receive a decent offer for

notable sales:
Rosicky £3.5 Sampdoria

Contract renewals:
Walcott new 5year deal
Nasri 5year deal
Clichy 5year deal

Aims for the season:
PL-Winners
CL- 1/4 final at least
FA- Semis at least
LC- Winners

Transfer targets for the summer:
Rakitic Free pre contract agreed 5 years £30,000 a week rotation status
ST wanted - Tevez, Aguero, Benzema, Torres, Lis Lopez, Hulk? all targets
LW wanted - Mata, A Young, Neymar, Jovetic, Elia??
CM defensive minded - De Rossi, Fellaini, Moussa Sissoko, Sahin, Toulalon, M'villa??
RB Cover for Sagna undecided

All transfers depending on budget CM is priority

Suggestions on transfer would be much appreciated and instructions on posting screenshots.
Thanks fellow managers

Just started a game as Wigan, and my first two games were against Villa and Man City, so I was fearing the worst but I managed to get 2 points from those games so it's looking positive :)

Started a new Newcastle save, with 35m from Carroll sale. -

IN

D. Gibson - Loan
Olivier Giroud - 2.5m
Jan Vosahlik - 140k
Alex Smithies - 700k
Tomas Necid - 5m
Sebastian Grax - free
Modeste M'Bami - loan
Yaser Al-Qahtani - 3m
Christian Romaric - 1.3m
Peter Masilela - 180k
Sime Vrsaljko - 2.5m
Pascal Feindouno - free
Gael Nlundulu - free

TOTAL - 16.25m

OUT

Perch - loan
Vosahlik - loan
Lovenkrands - 2m
Xisco - 3m
Alan Smith - 1.5m
Ryan Taylor - 1.5m

TOTAL - 8m

Ended up finishing 11th with Wigan which was very pleasing, looking to improve the squad overall for next year and push for the top half, and thanks to Blackburn getting relegated i've had a bid of £2.7m accepted for Phil Jones and he's agreed to join :D

currently 6th with west ham united in 1st season beat west brom 4-3 to win the league cup and had some pretty good results using the jack widnell ultra v.1.0 tactic including 3-0 v chelsea at stamford bridge and a 6-3 aggregate victory over liverpool in the league cup semi-final

4th Season with Arsenal a disappointment compared to the last two where I got back to back doubles,FA/Prem. Also got to the CL Final but got spanked by Real Madrid due to the wrong tactic. I am currently in 3rd place but got kicked out the FA and CC. Got OM to play in the first knock out round in CL and currently in 3rd place 5 points behind Tottenham, ugh 3 behind Utd. This season has been strange the AI robbed me a couple precious points including a Derby where Tevez fouled my goal keeper to score injuring him with the ref looking the other way. Positives, Nasri. Walcott, Ben Arfa, Pepe (Italian) and Cordozo look ready to take on the title challenge, Walcott is leading in man of the matches in the league with 8 and has score 9 goals and 14 assists. Just bought Pjanic in the Jan window waiting for him to gel in.

Just started a game as Chelsea just for a bit of variation from my Stade de Reims game. Wanna see how dominant we can be (using LFC Marshall's update).

Signed:
Van Der Wiel - 8 mil
Pjanic - 14 mil
Neymar - 24 mil
Chamberlain - 2.5 mil

Sold:
Hilario - 1 mil
Kalou - 6 mil
Bruma - loan
Alex - 10 mil

Sorted the staff out and got down to business. So far:

Beat united on pens after a 2-2 Charity shield
Beat Newcastle 3-0 League - 10men

Last edited:
Dinamo is unstoppable. Third season in, lots of excellent players (three spectacular regens) and a brilliant deep 4-2-3-1, if I may say so myself. This could be the year we win the Europa League - if we disappoint and finish third in the Champions League group stage :)

Right, to cut a long story short (so far), I'll just explain to you how my Inter career has gone so far;

So I started my career as Inter Milan with big aspirations, hoping to continue the fine run of Serie A titles they have amounted over the last 5 years. I began with an Inter Milan set up which we all know and love, consisting of..

Julio Cesar
Maicon - Lucio - Samuel - Chivu
Cambiasso - Stankovic
Biabiany - Sneijder
Eto'o - Milito​

I looked at my line up to see where I could initially improve on the team and I thought abotu moving Sneijder back to play along side Cambiasso and to bring in the infamous Hulk from FC Porto, £20m later and he is in the squad, playing opposite Biabiany on the Left Wing, having demoted Stankovic to the sideline.. Roll on the season!

Halfway through the season;

Serie A - Unbeaten (17 wins 1 draw)
European Super Cup - In the bag (2 - 1 victory over At. Madrid)
Italian Super Cup - in the cabinet (7 - 1 extra time victory over Roma)
Qualified in 1st place for the knockout stages of the ECC suffering my only loss Vs Schalke through having to play a full reserve squad because all of my starting 11 are away with their international teams.

Bring in Sanchez, £16m with future incentives, to rotate with Hulk (Biabiany is in top, top form amassing 23 assists in 27 games)

Season finished - Serie A title was initially claimed with 7 games to go, Final record; W31 - D6 - L1 (Juvé beat me 5 - 4, after I initially went 4 - 1 up with 70 minutes to go)
Knocked out of the Italian cup Vs Napoli in the 1/4's, too many injuries.
ECC - won (3 - 2 victory of Bayern having been 2 - 1 down with 80 minutes to go)
World Club Cup - won (6 - 2 Victory, can't remember the name of the team =P)

Best 11;

Julio Cesar
Maicon - Lucio - Samuel - Chivu
Cambiasso - Sneijder
Biabiany - Hulk
Eto'o - Milito​

Awards all over the shop, Manager of the year, 8 players in team of the year, Goalkeeper, Striker, Defender of the year. Eto'o gets golden boot, Biabiany tops the assist chart with 38 assists.

On to season two; I bring in Henrique (CAM) and Simon Kjaer (CB) for a combined price of £43,000,000. now cut to the end of the season. (A bit mroe disappointing)

Italian Super Cup - won (1 - 0 Victory of Napoli)
European Super Cup - Lost Vs At. Madrid, 2 - 1.
Italian cup, knocked out in the 1/4's again Vs Sampdoria.
Serie A - Won with 3 games left to play, record; W26 D6 L6 (not as flattering as the last season)
ECC - Lost in the 1/4's Vs R. Madrid (6 - 2 on Agg. having won 2 - 1 at home)
World Club Cup - Won Vs Ámerica (MEX) - 5 - 1.

Best 11;

Julio Cesar
Santon - Kjaer - Lucio - Zanetti
Sneijder
Hulk - Henrique - Sanchez
Eto'o - Boakye​

Just starting my third season, any constructive critisism would be excellent and thanks for reading (if you bothered)

Start of season 3; Bought Rafael - £12.5m, Bocchetti - £18.5m and Akinfeev - £15m.. Currently second in Serie A having lost one game but scored 20 in 6 games. Sit at the top of my ECC group, drew 1 - 1 with Lyon and beat Ajax 5 - 2. Took the England job; beat France 2 - 1 and Faroe Islands 10 - 0.

Last edited:
Just about to start my 3rd season with Man United, ended up last season with nothing after a good first year. Just brought in Romero in goal to replace the retired VDS, Schweinstger on a free and Bale for £23m. Usually go 442 but with the strength of my attacking mids think i'm now gonna have a best XI of;
Romero

Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Schweinstger Anderson

Nani Sanchez Bale

Rooney

Subs:
Lindergaard
J Evans
O'Shea
Brown
Carrick
Hargreaves
Fletcher
Valencia
Lukaku
Hernandez

Just made £7m by selling Berbatov and Park, Scholes retired, few released like Gibson and a few young un's. Probably sell either Carrick or Fletcher too as no need for that many cm's. Lukaku got 22 in 25 starts last season

Back