FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 745
  • Views Views 209K
Just loaded a game which has 98,000 players :O haha!

Going to start with Scotland, rip apart the national pool and create my own. Watch this space.

just started with spurs!unbeaten after 8 games beat man utd away 2-0 and drew with arsenal and chelsea so not going bad atm

Best 11;

Julio Cesar
Santon - Kjaer - Lucio - Zanetti
Sneijder
Hulk - Henrique - Sanchez
Eto'o - Boakye​

Great side, I had a fun save with Inter for FM10. Need a holding midfielder, a destroyer type, that may just be me, I wouldn't feel massively confident with Sneijder being my deepest midfielder.

Well, I went to the province with my family to visit some old relatives and I was bored as **** so I decided to make an Atletico Madrid story / season update in PDF format (Just 5 games into the season.) Feel free to download the file HERE.

PS - Best viewed with 120% zoom.

started with Latina in Serie C/2C, 2 seasons in

1st season: finished 8th, 2 places under playoff places, after a awful second part of the season with 2 wins, 9 draws and 4 losses
2nd season: changed the team completely, new players, new tactic and things are looking good, currently 1st after 7 games, 5 wins and 2 draws

Great side, I had a fun save with Inter for FM10. Need a holding midfielder, a destroyer type, that may just be me, I wouldn't feel massively confident with Sneijder being my deepest midfielder.

I have been looking for a replacement for him, he's getting on a bit now so I could do with a younger model.. No one wanted to join for any amount of money in the last Transfer window so maybe next. I was looking at Mascherano or Schweinsteiger but neither would budge. I do rotate Sneijder/Cambiasso/Henrique, Henripue hasn't been playing to his full poitential at AMC but he has been constantly improving with more assists and more crucial goals in big games.

Managed to get an unbelievable signing for Wigan for free in Javier Pastore !! now with him and my other additions I can hopefully push for a top 4 finish and a Champions League place this year.

After having an epic game on FM10 with AFC Telford, tacking them all the way to premier league, but leaving them for Wolves at the start of the season. I've started a game with Chasetown to redo that feet.

I'm using the LFCMarshall’s January Update 2011 V2, btw.

Now in the 2012/13 season:
Currently 1st - Blue Square Premier. Lost to Brighton in 2nd round of the FA Cup. Recently been taken over by a fans consortium, giving the club a new balance of £500,000. Board also considering going for a professional status also.

Won promotion twice:
1st - Northern Premier League Premier Division.
1st - Blue Square North, Lost in the 3rd round replay of the FA Cup to Arsenal. After an epic 1-1 draw at home. Also runner's up in the FA Trophy.

Best signings being the most consistent and improved, have been free transfers of Simon Dunne and Shabazz Baidoo, in the first season. Also signed Nathan Rooney from Wolves, who has turned into a decent CM at non-league level.

Playing a 4-1-3-2 formation, which can also act as a diamond at times. Pushing the CM into a ACM role, when going for a result

Just got the game a couple weeks ago. Very happy to finally be playing again.

I am West Ham and have brought the team to 11-6-7 (6th Place) with no one brought in. Just been working a defensive 4-1-2-1 and 4-4-2 Diamond.

I'm not the best strategist in the world and being from the west coast (North California) I'm likely the only EPL fan, let alone the only West Ham fan, in the area so I don't get to talk strategy often with anyone. Still, I hold my own. I have Berhami and Obinna out with serious injury but Edgar and Sears have been surprisingly good as has Boa Morte who's taken a handful of Man-of-the-Match rewards. I let go of Faubert, De Costa and Tomkins, and a few reserves as they did little for me and Faubert was often complaining. I signed Ben Heim to stay on for rotation defense and sweeper work when needed.

I was knocked out of the Carling in the Semis and just beat wretched Millwall in the first leg of the FA Cup. I hope to make it into Euro but Everton, Aston Villa are both within 1 point of me and West Brom is not far off at 4 off the pace with 14 matches 13 matches left to play.

Its a fun game as I don't take stock in cheating my way through with lists of the best players etc... I just learn as I go and work hard to understand the strategies. I hope to run a Network soon as well with a couple friends who need to learn to love the game (luckily they love proving their smart so this game entices them). We'll likely start at League 2 but I hope to work my way up to getting the Hammer job right back :)

After looking through the forum, I noticed there are threads available for practically everything on FM, but not a basic progress report thread where people can just post their general updates, etc, without them necessarily being a success or frustration. For example, I am only ten games into my season but I don't have anywhere to share my progress currently. Hopefully this thread is the answer.

Please use this thread to report how your latest save is going, whether it be just screenshots or a couple or paragraphs explaining how you are doing in your current game.

I've started my first game on FM 2011 tonight, and am currently sitting pretty on top of the Serie B league table with 7 wins from 10 games played.

italianseriebinformatio.png

I only made a couple of signings, getting Alvaro (CB) and Dabo (DM) in on free transfers, with none of my players leaving, though I did terminate all players on loan at my club, as I felt my squad was big enough with the two signings I made, and I prefer to avoid unnecessary wage-expenditure.
My Rangers game at present top of the SPL and not doing too bad with signings etcView attachment 135123

View attachment 135124

First Season - First Save: Liverpool (Update: 11.2.0 I think - NESV, and £25M Opening budget; no Carroll or Luis Suarez)

Transfers In: Javier Pastore (Palermo) £32M, Vaclav Kadlec £950K (Sparta Prague)
Transfers Out: Gerard Bruna (Hercules) £500K

Formation: 4-2-4

I took on Liverpool thinking a basic 4-4-2 variant, using the obvious lynchpins for the spine of the team, would put me in good stead. My how I was wrong.

My tactic was yielding great possession, but Torres couldn't hit a barn-door with a banjo after returning from injury, and Kadlec just wasn't working up-front regardless of the combination. I fiddled with the formation trying to accomodate Gerrard, Pastore, Meireles and to a lesser extent Lucas. So 4-4-2, 4-2-4, a 4-1-2-1-2, and even A 4-5-1 were all adopted. In doing so I stuffed up my pre-season. I scraped through with poor, poor wins...

At the start of the season, I lost my first three games in the league - Torres was injured, and no sooner had he retunred, I lost Gerrard for 5-Weeks... Grrrrrr...

Despite spending ages taking into account attributes, mentality, and tempo, my formation wasn't working - when it should have been - everything that was tweaked made sense, in my mind; Torres as the complete striker, and Kadlec as the poacher, until he was forced out for 4-weeks. The boat was rocking... badly. But I toiled thinking it would take time for tactical familiarity, and blending/gelling to work.

Still struggling, I had a look at my foramtion, and though Fck it! Torres has to be the Target-man, it's set up for him to prosper, even if his goal count may take a hit as a result - but it's like this was the missing piece of the puzzle (along with a couple of other tweaks here and there), all of a sudden, £32M flop, Javier Pastore was running games, the combatative Meireles a brilliant foil for the Argentine - my formation irked me though. Gerrard was playing as an Inside forward in the AMR role - I'm not using him properly, not at all - and whilst his average is commendable; goals, assists and bustling Gerrard style play is non-existant. Still, the system is working...

Fast-forward to February, and we are 2nd in the league -, have just beaten a very strong Man City team, and drawn at the Bridge against Chelsea.

I'm very happy but I want to stamp my authority on the tactic a bit more. I want Pastore scoring a bit more, and would like to get more out of Gerrard.

Last edited:
I'm Charlton, signed Euell and James Collins (the striker) from Aston Villa, both on loan, and am currently 1-0 down at home too Notts County at home on opening day after 20 minutes.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

1-1 Collins 22 mins

Just won the FA Cup over Tottenham (who had only lost one match). Finished 8th in the EPL. Not amazing, but considering I brought no one in and just relied on the present players, not terrible. Sadly I had to lose Obinna, Faubert, McCarthy, and Tomkins.
Now if only there was a way to use the money to pay off the **** debt

:S

Still, was awesome to win the FA Cup in my first year. As someone that doesn't use cheats/exploits, it was wholly satisfying. Now for the off-season!

Just resigned from the Inter post, looking for a challenge and found one! FC Utrecht, halfway through the season, second to bottom with 11 points.. So far, played 8, won 3, drawn 3, lost 2.. My best win was a 5 - 1 thrashing against AZ Alkmaar who were second in the league. Played 3 strikers (2 of which I bought) and they are the best signing I have ever come across. Forgets their names now but one has 7 assists in 4 games and one has 12 goals in 7. Gone from 17th to 13th, relatively safe for now with 10 games to play. The board have asked me to finish mid table which is looking promising. My only weakness is my defence. The three games I have drawn were 3 - 3, 4 - 4 and 1 - 1.. The 4 - 4 was against PSV, was 4 - 2 down with 9 men so I threw everything at them, long balls, all out attack.. Brought it back in the last 10 minutes!

Looking good so far, it's the biggest challenge I have done on this specific career having been at Inter for 3 years, winnign the Serie A 3 times.

In my third season with spurs. In my first season I won the league cup, got to the champions league quater finals before being knocked out by Real Madrid and finished 4th in the league, needing to beat united in the penultimate game in order to do so. I had to then wait for the champions league final to be played, as united came 5th but if they won the final against barcalona they'd nick my spot (lost 1-0) :D

In the second season, was knocked out of both domestic cups early, and focused mainly on the league. Came second to man united by 6 goals, and was beaten by real madrid in the champions league final 3-2 in the 90th minute, after an epic run that included a famous 3-0 win against Bayern Munich away! Devested... almost cried.

Currently 2nd in the league, at the start of febuary with city 3 points ahead of me. But they still need to play me away and they're my only really difficult opposition left, plus my goal difference is better by about 10 goals. Also confident of getting to champions league quarters after a 2-2 draw away to Porto in the first leg. I'll put more details up later like transfers and what not.

First Season - First Save: Liverpool (Update: 11.2.0 I think - NESV, and £25M Opening budget; no Carroll or Luis Suarez)

Transfers In: Javier Pastore (Palermo) £32M, Vaclav Kadlec £950K (Sparta Prague)
Transfers Out: Gerard Bruna (Hercules) £500K

Formation: 4-2-4

I took on Liverpool thinking a basic 4-4-2 variant, using the obvious lynchpins for the spine of the team, would put me in good stead. My how I was wrong.

My tactic was yielding great possession, but Torres couldn't hit a barn-door with a banjo after returning from injury, and Kadlec just wasn't working up-front regardless of the combination. I fiddled with the formation trying to accomodate Gerrard, Pastore, Meireles and to a lesser extent Lucas. So 4-4-2, 4-2-4, a 4-1-2-1-2, and even A 4-5-1 were all adopted. In doing so I stuffed up my pre-season. I scraped through with poor, poor wins...

At the start of the season, I lost my first three games in the league - Torres was injured, and no sooner had he retunred, I lost Gerrard for 5-Weeks... Grrrrrr...

Despite spending ages taking into account attributes, mentality, and tempo, my formation wasn't working - when it should have been - everything that was tweaked made sense, in my mind; Torres as the complete striker, and Kadlec as the poacher, until he was forced out for 4-weeks. The boat was rocking... badly. But I toiled thinking it would take time for tactical familiarity, and blending/gelling to work.

Still struggling, I had a look at my foramtion, and though Fck it! Torres has to be the Target-man, it's set up for him to prosper, even if his goal count may take a hit as a result - but it's like this was the missing piece of the puzzle (along with a couple of other tweaks here and there), all of a sudden, £32M flop, Javier Pastore was running games, the combatative Meireles a brilliant foil for the Argentine - my formation irked me though. Gerrard was playing as an Inside forward in the AMR role - I'm not using him properly, not at all - and whilst his average is commendable; goals, assists and bustling Gerrard style play is non-existant. Still, the system is working...

Fast-forward to February, and we are 2nd in the league -, have just beaten a very strong Man City team, and drawn at the Bridge against Chelsea.

I'm very happy but I want to stamp my authority on the tactic a bit more. I want Pastore scoring a bit more, and would like to get more out of Gerrard.

Morning all,

Since my quoted post above - I have gone on to complete a treble in my first season. League, FA Cup and Europa Cup.

I'm finding the game boring now. It remains to be seen whether I can retain the title and challenge in the Champions League - but I'm not as gripped by the off-season as I should be - emphasised by the accepted £39M for Aguero (for a laugh) and him actually interested in coming,...

So I'm going to leave this save - but use it as the basis to give myself a better starting reputation for my next save. :D

I know this is not the thread for it but I'm not sure whom I want to manage now; the Liverpool save was to re-familiarise myself with the FM set-up after not playing FM2009 and FM2010 due to having a **** computer - however now that I have got back into the dug-out... I'm thinking proper career time: LLM in South America, building a reputation to then move across the pond - or the San Marino challenge, but I want something a little more unique... Hmmm, need to have a think - as I want something that'll keep me interested.

If there was any doubt. Pastore is an animal on this years game. I signed him for £32M with no prior game experience of him - it was well worth it. Seriously.

Last edited:
Start of 3rd season at Spurs (havent played yet) last season won League, FA,League and Champions Cup with defoe scoring 67 goals in all comps. im a luck lucky man

I haven't played FM since the day the demo came out.

Having a **** game when noone else does > having a the same **** game everyone does.

Got an offer from Sporting CP after saving Utrecht from relegation and finishing 5th in the next season. Currently second, joint points with Braga (they have superior goal difference). Basically in the final of the Portuguese cup having won 4 - 0 in the semi final first leg, in the Semi final of the Bwin cup Vs Benfica, in the last 16 of the Euro cup, lost first leg at home Vs Dynamo 2 - 1 so going all out when I travel to them!

Got Gyan in on loan and he's been brilliant as a back up player, with 12 goals. Kalou (there when I took charge) and my other striker (forget his name) are excellent, 17 goals a peice. Real Madrid are after paying the release clause which I set for my other striker of £25m and my keeper Rui Patricio have people after him, hoping to get the £20m release clause for him as well.

My fave team, Wigan, have Ryan Giggs managing them (XD) who has a 78% win ratio with them (in the championship) and have just been taken over by a local businessman :(

Back