FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 745
  • Views Views 209K
I had an absolute shocker last night. It actually started off quite well with a 1-1 against Arsenal, a game we should've actually won, especially when they went down to 10 men. A few games later I beat Chelsea 2-1. A game we were well in control of and went 2-0 up, they got their only goal after 86 mins. I was about 3rd or 4th in the league at that point. But then everything started to unravel. I lost 1-0 against Villa. They scored early on and even though we bombarded their goal we just couldn't score. But I thought these things happen so just take it on the chin. The next game was against Everton. Again they went 1-0 up early on and we had plenty of chances to equalise but for some great saves, the woodwork or shots going just wide. But finally we equalised on the 80th minute. Maybe I was a bit naive, I thought my team might have the momentum to go on and win it so left things pretty much the same. The game then went from end to end, but even then I think we had more chances to win it. Then on the 93rd minute Yobo unleashes a 35 yard screamer into the top corner (the guy has a long shot rating of 7), and we lose again. Next came Blackburn. In the previous 2 games I'd set my team up slightly cautiously, so against Blackburn I decided to start off a bit more attacking. But the same again, they score early on and our finishing wasn't quite good enough. This time they went on to win 2-0. I'm now going mental. Then I'm up against Man U in the League Cup. The last time I played them we drew 1-1 just a month or so before. By this point I've decided to start experimenting because I've had enough. We lost 2-0. Very frustrating!!! The worse thing is I don't know what to do about it. I've just got to hope I do something right, get some luck and hope the players up their game.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Start of 3rd season at Spurs (havent played yet) last season won League, FA,League and Champions Cup with defoe scoring 67 goals in all comps. im a luck lucky man

What's your secret?

Just started the 2017/2018 season. My first in the Premier League with... Altrincham (H)

My best season so far

best season ever ! :)

Lavezzi is soo amazing

I won all the season`s i`d play (3 Serie A), 1 Champions league, 1 Europa League and 2 Coppa de Italia.

Last edited:
As of 2014/15 my starting XI is:

....................................Reina
Santon.......Ranocchia.......Jones.......Coentrao
..............................Sissoko...................................
................Gerrard..................................................
Mata.....................................Pastore............Bale
...........................Balotelli

(It may look like a formatting issue, but that is my actual formation)

Looking to get in M'Vila or another young DM in so I can start phasing Gerrard out and move Moussa Sissoko to CM. Will post my achievements on my return from work.

Last edited:
I'm currently playing as Ross County in 2014 after I lead Gretna to back to back promotions in my database. Enjoying it so far and have signed Mark Noble on a free!! and also picked up Fredrik Piquionne, Ibrahima Sonko, Lee McCulloch, Clarke Carlisle and Aaron McLean and still managing to stay within my £7k a week wage budget!

I'm now looking to clear a bit of space for wages to bring in Newcastle United superstar James Perch on a free :P

I've just started a Queen of the South save. I'm 1st after 10games, 8 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss. Beat Hibs 3-2 in Scottish cup, and in semi final of league challenge cup. Have only brought in Jamie Ness and Gavin Gunning on loan.

Have like 4 games going on at the moment due to minor ADHD and some temporary free time, but the most recent one I've got going is a Challenge game - started with Portugal, Netherlands, and England open, unemployed, waiting for a league one team with a decent situation to take over.

Rules I've set out for myself: 2 years max at a club, to see how much I can do in a short time, and I must be unemployed in between jobs (can't accept another offer while at a club).

Took over Braga in 13th place in November, currently have them in 6th place (last Europa League spot), trying to get into champions league this year (2nd), with an aim to win the league and cup next season (eliminated from major cup before i took over)

Hi im just starting my third season with the great AC Milan and i just wanted to know how fellow brokensjnf8ewhce8.com have been getting on in their careers?, please list your club and your achievements aslo if you wish the highest transfer you have received and the highest transfer you have paid, thanks and good luck!

AC Milan Save achievements

Serie A winners: 2010/2011, 2011/12

Coppa Italia winners: 2012. beat Inter 3-2

European Champions League Winners: 2012 beat Barcelona 4-1

Highest transfer fee paid: Edin Dzeko €18.75m from Man City.

Highest transfer fee received: Robinho €32m to Man United.

Arsenal F.C

2010 - Present

Premier league trophies - 4 (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
FA cups - 2 (2012, 2014)
League cups - 3 (2013, 2014, 2015)

Champions league trophies - 4 (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
World Club championships - 2 (2012, 2015)
European Supercups - 2 (2014, 2015)

England

2015 - Present

1 European Championship (2016)

A lot of lucky draws, especially in the champions cup, and signings that have made the difference each season have surprised me, and made this save more successful than I thought Arsenal could be.

The takeover of the club by Anthony Calcutt was a shock in the 2015/2016 season and had no difference on the revenue or the debts.

A budget of 71m in the current 2016/2017 season and a wage budget of 2.7m was the turning point for the club. The selling of Cesc Fabregas enabled extra funds for the signing of Cristiano Ronaldo for a record fee of £100 million.

The success from Arsenal meant I was first on the list for England when Carlo Ancelotti was sacked by the FA. The European championship proved no tough challenge for England with a group stage agaisnt; Poland, Greece and Slovakia.

After 3 wins in the group stages, England then had a knockout game agaisnt Serbia, faced 9 men Holland in the Quarters and progressed on penalties to beat Belarus in the Semi-Finals. England lifted the trophy after 1-0 win against Croatia in the Final.

I'm having a really good game in my Man City save. I've won everything you can win, not every year though, bad form comes too. Though it's not really that hard with Man city i'm thinking. Though considering it's my first FM game I consider it quite an achievement.

I absolutely love how i won the champions league 3 times in a row each time beating Lyon in the finals. xD
Poor Lyon, lol.

I also won the Championship all 5 seasons i played. It's been really close last season with Arsenal leading by 9 points at some point during the season, but they fell into bad form near the end after Van Persie got injured (he scored like 30 goals in 25 matches played O.o) and i won by 9 points in the end.

This season also seems like it's gonna be a win for us. I beat Man Utd in the first game of the season 5:0 at Old Trafford, with Rooney getting a 2nd yellow card for simulating and was sent off in the 35th minute. xD xD

Just resigned from Standard Leige, the Belgian league is boring! Got offered the Cardiff job. They were sitting 23rd place in the Championship, bottom and out with 13 games to play! In them 13 games I won 8, drew 3 and lost 2.. Amassing 33 goals, beating Bolton 6 - 1 and high flyers, West Brom 2 - 0. Finished a respectable 16th place. Hoping to push for the play-offs this season, looks likely, with the record I got from the back end of the season.. 27 points from 13 games with terrible morale is pretty good if you ask me.

My first attempt at FM2011 with Ipswich, started well winning 3 out of first 4 league matches, and 1 draw, but got a 2-0 defeat to Newcastle in league cup.

Had an odd game against Barnsley away, lead 4-0 with 20 minutes left and on full defence tactic , but they scored twice in 4 minutes .eek.

Still won 4-2 in an exciting match.

won the title on the last day of my fourth season in charge with motherwell.

in the champions league groups now and have beaten ruben, hsv and somehow drew 2-2 with barcalona away from home.

managed to sign yaya sonogo for upcoming season as well so feeling pretty good about it. good first team again but struggling without much depth.

reynolds and murphy become class players. craig conway and goalkeeper called krull have been my better signings

This thread makes me want to play the game again, but I don't want to play until 11.3 is out :S

Currently in Nov 2015 with Norwich. I ve done a journeyman save , just hired by Norwich who are in League 1 and I'm currently 2nd and 10 points off Lincoln who are top. I'm pretty happy as I've managed to resurrect them as they were 19th and I've got 21 points out of 24 losing my first one. So looking good for rest of season!

new to this im managing Aston Villa signed Diarra (R.Madrid) Van Nistelrooy (Hamburg) Park Ji Sung (Man Utd) Great in pre season, a few 6-0 wins! season results so far Arsenal 0-2 Rapid Vienna 3-0 Blackburn 1-1 Rapid Vienna 0-1 Fulham 0-2 struggling to make signings now cos wages i can offer are very limited any advice on progression for my team?? :) :)

I'm managing Spurs and we are nearing the end of the season (8 league games to go) and am currently in 1st place, but just 1pt above Chelsea and 3 pts ahead of Man City. I've been 1st pretty much all season and am starting to get worried we'll through it away in the remaining games. It didn't help when I lost 1-0 to Arsenal in the League Cup final. Morale didn't go down too much but we played away to Villa next and didn't play too well and maybe luckily came away with a 0-0 draw. Then I had a bit of luck playing Notts Forest in the FA Cup next and beating them 4-1. A nice result to get the morale back, but a bit disappointing that Dawson scored all 4, rather than my strikers getting on the scoresheet and giving them a confidence boost for the remaining games.

Oh well, I should find out tonight if I take my first Premiership title or not.

My newest save with England is going pretty well. Qualified for European Championship 2012 in Poland & Ukraine. Had 24 points, 30 goals scored, 4 received.
Results:
England - Bulgaria 4:0
Switzerland - England 0:2
England - Montenegro 3:0
Wales - England 0:3
England - Switzerland 5:0
Bulgaria - England 0:3
England - Wales 4:1
Montenegro - England 3:6 (High scoring game)

Friendlies:
England - Hungary 3:0
England - France 2:3
England - Bosnia & Herzegovina 4:1
England - Croatia 2:1
England - Holland 2:2
Bosnia & Herzegovina - England 1:4

Got into group C of the European Championship 2012 with Russia, Italy & Greece.
Top Goalscorer - Gerrard - 7 goals
Then Crouch & Rooney with 6 goals a piece.

Highest average rating:
Gerrard 8.06

Got 2 friendlies, with Ecuador & Finland before the European Championship begins :) (just entered year 2012)

Getting into a Fiorentina game. Starting lineup:

Frey
De Silvestri - Rivas - Gamberini - Vargas
Bolatti
Witsel - Montolivo
Santana ----------------- Jovetic
Gilardino​

That's when everyone is fully fit, which has been very rarely, had countless injuries but still going well. Got some good prospects aswell. (H)

Best results:
1-0 Vs Napoli
3-1 Vs Roma

Also earned a 1-1 away draw Vs Inter. :)

Last edited:
Back