FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 745
  • Views Views 209K
Getting into a Fiorentina game. Starting lineup:

Frey
De Silvestri - Rivas - Gamberini - Vargas
Bolatti
Witsel - Montolivo
Santana ----------------- C.Rodriguez
Gilardino​

That's when everyone is fully fit, which has been very rarely, had countless injuries but still going well. Got some good prospects aswell. (H)

Best results:
1-0 Vs Napoli
3-1 Vs Roma

Also earned a 0-0 away draw Vs Inter but the laptop went off, pretty dissapointed. :(

What about Jovetic?

I'm managing Spurs and we are nearing the end of the season (8 league games to go) and am currently in 1st place, but just 1pt above Chelsea and 3 pts ahead of Man City. I've been 1st pretty much all season and am starting to get worried we'll through it away in the remaining games. It didn't help when I lost 1-0 to Arsenal in the League Cup final. Morale didn't go down too much but we played away to Villa next and didn't play too well and maybe luckily came away with a 0-0 draw. Then I had a bit of luck playing Notts Forest in the FA Cup next and beating them 4-1. A nice result to get the morale back, but a bit disappointing that Dawson scored all 4, rather than my strikers getting on the scoresheet and giving them a confidence boost for the remaining games.

Oh well, I should find out tonight if I take my first Premiership title or not.

So just to update you on how I got on (if any of you care), I won the league title for the first time! In my remaining 8 games I had to play Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea in a row. I lost 1-0 to Arsenal and Man U, but got a draw against Chelsea. My remaining 5 games were fairly easy, including the 2nd from last game against Cardiff, winning 6-0. With one more game to play I was on the same points as Chelsea but leading on goal difference. I went away to Middlesbrough, who I had just about beaten 2-1 in the FA Cup semi-final. Chelsea were at home to West Brom. Chelsea lost to a 10-man West Brom and I beat Middlesbrough 2-0 to win the league. Arsenal ended up finishing above Chelsea in 2nd, and if I had lost my last game Arsenal would have overtaken both of us, which would have been sickening.

So I think I've done pretty well with a Spurs team that I didn't change that much. Now to see if I can win the FA Cup for the double!

P.S. I forgot to add, after losing to Arsenal in the League Cup final, then losing to them and Man U in the league morale wasn't too good, so I decided to take some advice from some other people on this forum and arrange an easy friendly, I chose Stevenage and drew 1-1. That really wasn't what I had in mind!

Last edited:
I started a save with Leeds United last night. Abismal start as I lost 4-1 at home to Reading, following a 3-3 draw away to Oldham in the Carling cup losing on penalties, then a 4-0 away defeat to Sheff Utd. Then my luck changed as I beat Derby 3-0 at home and Scunthorpe 2-1 away. Thats as far as I have gotten so far.

Started a season with Palermo. Signed Maikon Leite and Neymar from Santos, both forwards and sold Pinilla and Maccarone on loan. Miccoli is out for 4 months which is a pain as he has a finishing and first touch of 19. Should be ace next to Neymar and infront of Pastore.

Got Norwich City promoted to the premier League!!! H.Lansbury and J.o'Hara on loan and bought Beuno from Derby as poacher scored a |Canery cage full! Finished 9th in the premiership and won the fa cup with crouch as target man and foster in goal but the hat goes off to C.Brunt on the left with the crosses and the brazilian legend that is Miranda at the back........Champions League here we come!! Turned down everton/Man city jobs.

After some break from FM... or playing less than I usually do :P after good game with United i won Quadruple! with a incredible season. Hernandez and Rooney top score, Hazard and other just play magic football. http://img703.imageshack.us/i/quadruplefm11.jpg/
http://img21.imageshack.us/i/unitedteam.jpg/
http://img545.imageshack.us/i/plstatsseason2.jpg/

I though i gonna lower my standards and play with lower league team.. So from remember fm 2010 i tryed playing with AFC tellford and though i give them another chance. So starting with them in Blue Square league.. Won with 92 pts had a quite solid and fun first season.. Starting 2nd season with them in BSP seems like im played solid and good football so far me and Luton are fighting in the top after 17 matches played, Matches so far 10 win, lost 1, rest games been deuce.

Some key players, ***** topp, Tom Elliot both in top 10 on goals, Gauthier Mahoto is just amazing all should buy him **** thouse free kicks and long shots he got real power in his shoots. Omar Karoma also good but had sum bad games lately hopefully form get better.
And Liam O'brian as goalie **** that guy made some incredible saves + pentalies. :)

Gonna try get fofana and Febian brandy for upcoming transfer window hopefully i get em

Lets hope Npower-league next season :D

Last edited:
In second season with stevenage. seem to have a happy knack of scoring winners in the last minute. last season came 6th place and lost in the playoff final in a penalty shootout :( hopefully this season will be the season! started off perfectly wins in the first 4 games

I currently finishing my fifth season at PSV Eindhoven.
Was my best ever, I'm about to play the ECC final against Real :)
My central defender, Darnel Situ, scored 18 goals lol, all headers on corners and free kicks.

I'm also managing Croatia, since 2016.

My fm2011 game so far:
2010-2012: AA Gent, 2x league champions, 2 super cups, 1 Belgian Cup, 1x EC quarter finalist
2012-2017: PSV: 5x league champions, 3 super cups (out of 4), 4 Dutch Cups, 2x EC quarter finalist, 2x ECC finalist (hopefully that turns into 1 x finalist and 1x winner)

Croatia; European Championship quarter finalist, currently first in World Cup qualifier group

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Getting into a Fiorentina game. Starting lineup:

Frey
De Silvestri - Rivas - Gamberini - Vargas
Bolatti
Witsel - Montolivo
Santana ----------------- Jovetic
Gilardino​

That's when everyone is fully fit, which has been very rarely, had countless injuries but still going well. Got some good prospects aswell. (H)

Best results:
1-0 Vs Napoli
3-1 Vs Roma

Also earned a 1-1 away draw Vs Inter. :)

I managed Fiorentina for 15 years in FM2010, won everything there is to win several times :)
Jovetic will be your star, he was my loyal lieutenant in all those years.

I've just started my 5th season with Spurs. Lost the Charity Shield to Aston Villa 2-1, Dawson scoring an own goal in 89th minute. A harmless cross to the near post, no Villa players in sight, my keeper just about to catch it when Dawson slides in and scoops it into the net. First league game as current champions winning 5-2 against Boro, 5-0 against West Brom, and 3-2 at Wigan. I then took charge in my first game as England manager, beating Croatia 3-0 in a friendly. A very flattering scoreline thanks to save after save by Joe Hart. Ironically I only played 2 of my Spurs players, both got injured, one by fellow team mate Krancjar. Next game is a qualifier against Georgia which should be a walk-over, but you never know with England!

Sssssssssssssssslllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyy

I haven't played FM in about 5 years so I'm getting to grips with the changes.

If a football mind is rewarded though, I'll be fine. :)

Forza Parma!

Started new save with Sheff Wednesday.

Results good so far (except for opening day 2-7 defeat!!)

(will upload every so often)

Feel free to comment.

5543089512_ae35f976b5_b.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Was flying along in league then for no reason two home games in a row , where i got totally outplayed and outclassed. (was 4-2 down vs Oldham).

5543486354_217dd5031b_b.jpg

5542907715_73fe2d02f5_b.jpg

With the 11.3 patch out, I started a new game as Liverpool, starting XI is:

Reina
Johnson...Carragher...Agger...Criscito
M'Vila
Gerrard..................
Luis Suarez..................Pastore....Hazard
Carroll​

Very strong first team I feel, with a total outlay of around £65m. With Liverpool on the new patch you get around £45m so after selling N'Gog, Krygiakos, Poulsen etc I raised around £12m, budget adjusted and then brought these players. Will update periodically as and when, however I am optimistic about this season coming.​

P.S - Yes my formation is actually like that and it isn't a formatting issue.​

in my second season with Everton now. Came 4th last season on goal difference, going above man city and man utd thanks to a 5 - 0 win against fulham on the final day ;)

starting line up is this:
Howard
Neville--Jagielka--Yobo--Baines
Rodwell
Charlie Adam---Cahill
Dempsey---------------Matt Jarvis
Nolan Roux​

sitting in 6th after 3 games, like my sig shows.

I've just started a new save....and im branching out into unknown territory. i've chosen Shaktar Donestk to manage as i know they have abit of money, so im pushing to win the champions league, and raise the rating of the Ukranian League.

Currently in the first season i am at the end of April. My main goals for this first season was to win the Ukrainian Super Cup, the League and to make the Quarter Finals of the Champions League.

I started the season in the transfer marker, purchasing Neymar for £18m, David Luiz for £6.75m and Volodymyr Polyovyi for £5m...i also picked up Christian Eriksen on a £675k loan deal with a option to pay £12m for a permanant deal at the end of the season.

The summer transfer market i got my hands on Alexis Sanchez for £10m + £7.25m after 30 league games and Borys Taschy for £230k, who is a really good 17year old CM.

in the season i and 1st in the league....
Played 26. Won 19, Drew 6, Lost 1. Goals for 58, Goals Against 7. Goal Difference +51. 63points.
3 points above Dynamo Kiev, and allready quallified for the Champions League spot.

In the Champions League i got drawn with.
AC.Milan
Shaktar Donestk
Spartak Moscow
FC.Twente

Shaktar Donestk 4 - 0 Spartak Moscow
AC.Milan 2 - 1 Shaktar Donestk
Shaktar Donestk 3 - 0 FC.Twente
FC.Twente 2 - 1 Shaktar Donestk
Spartak Moscow 1 - 1 Shaktar Donestk
Shaktar Donestk 1 - 2 AC.Milan

i finished 3rd in the group with the table looking like this...
AC.Milan 13points
Spartak Moscow 11points
Shaktar Donestk 7points
FC.Twente 3points

i was gutted! haha! come so close to beating AC.Milan aswell in both games.
i then get drawn into the Europa League, so my goal was to reach the final, semi-final and the very least.

the draw comes in and we get Sporting Lisbon, i was reasonably happy with the draw, i felt i had a better squad than them...with the added bonus i has signed Alexis Sanchez then aswell.

1st Leg.
Sporting 1 - 2 Shaktar Donestk
2nd Leg
Shaktar Donestk 2 - 3 Sporting
(after going 2 - 0 up in the first half the 48th minute i got a player sent off, and crumbled and couldnt keep the win despite changing to a moore defnesive tactic, holding them off till about the 70th minute when i conceeded two silly goals in the space of 5minutes. then the 93rd minute i conceed the goal that killed it. i got out on away goals) GUTTED!!!

looking on good form to win the league though. so i'll try again next year.

New Singings Performance
Alexis Sanchez - overall - 9 games, 4 goals, 4 assists - average rating 8.11 (3 goals in 4games in the league)
Christian Eriksen - overall - 29 games, 7 goals, 17 assists - avergae rating 7.49
Neymar - overall - 34 games, 15 goals, 9 assists - average rating 7.26
David Luiz - overall - 17 games, 3 goals, 0 assists - average rating 7.48

thats it so far, hope you enjoyed it ;P

My yeovil game is going great check it out currently 3rd in league 1 in my first season with febian brandy being an assassin in front of goal

Its 2013 in my spurs season playing a network game with a friend as chelsea

We both decided had to sell every player we had in the first 2 years as a rule, i won the champions league OVER CHELSEA 3-1 in the final which was very enjoyable in season 1 but little since

My lineup now reads:

GK: akinfeev
RB: Van der wiel
CB: Shawcross
CB: Zapata
LB: Cheikh Mbengue
CM:Khedira
CM: Veloso
CAM: Dzagoev
RAM: Pato
LAM: Lucas/ashley young
ST: Hulk

As you can see im finally ready to dominate all comps :) Jans ending and i have a 7 point gap over chasing chelsea, and i'm closing in on a carling cup final while going strong in all comps, its been a crazy season involving my club being brought by a wealthy consortium allowing me to bring in alex pato in january

UP THE SPURS!

Last edited:
In my third season as Dartford, i'm in league1. Back to back promotions from BSB South to L1 and on course for the prem. Major success being winning the league cup last season as a L2 team (beating City in the final) and subsequent European qualification. In Europe I'm leading my group containing Amkar, Galatasaray and Koln. My best result so far is Dartord 7-0 Koln. Other success was winning every single game in the BSP to finish on maximum possible points and signing Luc Castaignos for free from United and selling him six months later for 650k.

we're progressing so fast that a new policy is needed when signing players:
1. Player signed, free agent on 2yr contract
2. 1st season as first team player
Promoted to next league
3. 2nd season as a backup player. new player signed
Promoted to next league
4. allowed to leave when contract expires at end of season

------------------Lewis

Naughton--Scharner--S.Caldwell--Robinson

Emnes----Brown---–Dessena----Wodecki

--------------Xisco-Livaja

Lewis, Naughton, Scharner, Brown, Dessena, Xisco, Livaja all good prem.
Not bad for a L1 club.

Last edited:
Back