FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 745
  • Views Views 209K
Having missed out on european football by 2 points last season im sitting pretty in 4th place and pushing hard for 3rd and even 2nd in my 3rd season with lech poznan.

My youth team(which i spent my first 2 seasons setting up) is starting to bear ripe fruit.

Sitting in midtable with Preston (second season) in the Premier League, with 30 points from 24 games, highlight being a 1-0 home win against Chelsea. 10 points needed from 14 games for survival, got Stoke away next who are second bottom of the league.

Key signings have been Tore Reginiussen for £1.5m from Schalke, was the subject of a £3.7m bid from Napoli in January but promptly rejected. Sebastien Boenisch has been good at left back, got on a free from Werder Bremen, whilst I was given an extra £4m to spend in the January window, spent on Danny Murphy (£120k), Owen Hargreaves (Free), Ernesto Farias (£1m, scored two on debut), Joe Mattock (£2m, West Brom - £500k up front), Kostas Mitroglou (£900k up front, £700k in installments). Also got players like Denisov, Compper, Derbyshire, Mirallas and Djalo, been a really good season.

Just finished 4th with Newcastle in my second season, spent most of my money investing in youth, so hopefully that will come good soon. Aiming to finish top 2 next season and to do well in Champions League.

I have just been promoted to the NPower League 1 in my first season with Rotherham. After an inconsistent season and hovering around the 6th, 7th positions most of the season I won my last 5 games to take 3rd place. I am now trying to bring in decent players with my £550k budget for the new season.

Finished 4th with Lille in my second season, well below expected, but I was in the waiting arms of Valencia, they agreed to hold off with the job offer until the end of the season.. Low and behold; Bayern stride in and offer me the manager spot! So I swooped in and took it, no questions. Did well with Lille, won the ligue 1 title first season and got to the Knockout round of the Champions League in the following season, eventually leaving Bayern in 3rd place of the group stage which is where I think they kind of made their decision to take me on! Currently just 3 games in the German First division, won 2, lost 1, Two wonder strikes from Rolfes Vs Leverkusen is my only loss. Won 9 - 0 in the cup and won the German Supercup Vs Schalke. Bought Sanchez for £22.5m, I had a hefty sum of money to spend but nowhere on the team really needs strengthening and anywhere I could strengthen, the player I tried to sign wouldn't join (couldn't offer enough).

Second season with Real Madrid, won the spanish super cup against Barcelona, lost 4-1 in the league later on, they loose against some random team, and now i'm first again after 29 games.

in my save with villa came 3rd in second season bent is banging in the goals jean makoun doing well but has to calm down. signed this regen with pa of 190. now in 3rd season keep on losing to blackburn so frustrating

2nd season with Anderlecht, winner of 2x Belgian Supercup and won Belgium Pro League last season, playing in Champions League groups along with Liverpool, Atletico Madrid and Larisa. Started with a 1-1 draw at home against Liverpool, we won at Larisa with 3-1 or 3-2 I can't remember (and no access), after a dramatic start at home against Atletico Madrid (0-3 score at half-time) I inspired my team to crawl back and win the match 4-3, we didn't stand a chance in the away game against Atletico Madrid though, the game was lost 3-0.
Liverpool in 1st place with 8 points, followed by Anderlecht 7 points, Atletico Madrid has 6 points, next match is against Larisa, we have to keep the 3 points at home and try to take a point from Liverpool in the last game. It's all to play for, except for Larisa, they are trailing behind with just 1 point.

Results might be off, it's all of the top of my head, no access :)

Last edited:
I'm with Arsenal. 27 games unbeaten. 2 drawn. Also bought Eden Hazard, Jay Spearing, Sergio Aguero, Neymar and some others. So far so good. In the second season. Won almost eveything apart from League Cup. Lost to Man City.

3 season in with Gretna (started in Feb 11) won the Third Division with no problem, same with the second division, won all the cups and got into Europa League got Kiev in the fourth round & I'm first in the first division with 2 games done

also brought in Juan Carlos from Real Madrid Castilla 575K & some 18 year old from Arsenal costing me 6 mil plus 50% next sell :(

Fourth season with Celtic now. First season=double.Second season=double.Third season=treble. Result.
Got Berbatov and Gago on bosmans, Hinkel's just left on a free. But got Juarez who will fill in there. Felipe Caicedo, goal God.

CREWE
After a quite frankly bizzare pre-season, loosing 3-0 to Scottish junior team Camelon then pulling off a stunning 2-1 victory over Liverpool, my Crewe side have settled into some early season form. Bringing in no less than seven players - Christian Nade, Leo Aro, Ryan McGivern, David Grodin, Andy Van der Mayde, Florian Thorwart and Gauthier Mahoto - to no exits the young sqaud has been boulstered to a promotion contending standard. After four games we are sitting top with a balenced 4-4-2 formation being fundamental to the good start. Scoring an impressive 12 goals with only one in reply whispers of the "P" word are already being heard around The Alexandra Stadium.

closing in in my fourth season, and still have some misfiring strikers.

Just arrived to the Jan Transfer Window with West Ham and is a clear 7 points in the lead.

I am so stoked because I finished 2nd to Arsenal for the last two seasons and this year they are 7th :)

I'm trailing 3rd to the leaders by 9 points as Arsenal. Ironic. :S
Liverpool and Man City ahead and I don't think I'll retain the title this year, hopefully 2nd place is still within reach.

Currently i'm in january of my first season with Liverpool. In the League i'm 5 points behind Man City on 1st and 2 points behind Man U at 2nd place. Currently on my way to the League cup finals, easy opponents in the FA cup too.
But on the other hand i probably have the hardest and weirdest opponents in the EURO cup. My first knockout round opponent is FC Bayern. -.- They got 3rd in a group with Tottenham and OM, with all of them having 11 points, but with Bayern with the worst goal difference.
But this is not the weirdest one. My opponent if i do make it past Bayern will be none other than Barcelona. Yes, Barcelona. I can't see Partizan beating them so they will be it. -.- And they're here because they were 3rd with Shakhtar and Rubin taking the 1st and 2nd spot in their group.

And i thought i'd get an easy EURO Cup win or at least being in the finals. :( :(

i manage AEK Athens, its my best save ...now 2015, first in Greek Superleague and just qualified first from Euro Cup group stage...

team stars : Hulk (AML,ST) , Paulo Henrique (AMC) , Eljero Elia (AMRL) , Nestor Ortigoza (MC) , Aymen Abdennour (LB)

I have one game left and have already won the English Premier League

My last game is against Middlesbrough who are 18th and can move up to 17th if they win.

Should I let them win?

Back