FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 745
  • Views Views 209K
In my 5th season (2nd with Valencia) and after finishing 5th in my first season and winning the Copa Del Rey (1-0 win against Getefe) the club is starting to stable itself financialy and in my first season they gave me 30million to spend and here is who i bought.
David De Gea from Atletico Madrid for 17.5m
Jon Obi Mikel from Chelsea for 4m(transfer listed)
Javi Garcia from Benfica for 624k(transfer listed)
Michael Mancienne from Chelsea on a free(end of contract)
Esteban Granero from Real Madrid on a free(end of contract)
Cesar Azpilicueta from Marseille for 1m(transfer listed)
Artem Milevskyi from Dynamo Kiev on a free(end of contract)
Phil Jones from Blackburn for 15m(in January)

As i said i won the Copa Del Rey in my first season and finished 5th which i wasn't happy with (the league finish not the cup success obviously).
View attachment 166729

In my 2nd season with Valencia (the one im on now) the board gave me 70million!!! I was a very happy man and went out and signed.
John Fleck from Rangers on a free(end of contract)
Marcos Alonso from Bolton on a free(end of contract)
Madjid Bougherra on a free transfer
Alberto Botia from Shakhtar for 15m
Miralem Pjanic from Lyon for 20m
Charlie Adam from Liverpool on a years loan

Currently 7 games in and lie 5th in the table, thought i would share this result with you (i know its in another thread but i was just soooooo happy with it). 4-0 down at half time so what do i do??? I make 2 subs and sacrifice a midfielder to go 2 upfront, i also give NO teamtalk at all and just let them get on with it.

View attachment 166728

Comments welcome.

Just finished the 2020-2021 season with Bournemouth. 2nd Time Prem Champions, first of which came in the 2018-2019 campaign (also won FA Cup and debut ECL champs that season). Then had the vultures rip the core of my team apart thanks to min fee release clauses so a season of struggled followed as my board arent giving me transfer budgets due to building of a new stadium.

Trophies to date:
League Cup *2
FA Cup * 2
CL * 1
Prem * 2
Charity Shield * 1
Super Cup * 1
World Club Cup * 1

Most crushing defeat? 2nd season in the CL knockout phase, 4-0 down to inter at half time in 1st leg. Went out on penalties after a 6-6 draw.

2gxp5j6.jpg

6ehzqu.jpg

After winning the league for the 3rd year running with Spurs, I took England on to win the Euro Championship. Then beat Arsenal 2-1 in the Charity Shield, coming back from 1-0 down with goals in the 82nd and 88th minute, it felt great! Then had to play them again straight after in the first game of the season and beat then 4-2, Tevez scoring all 4. So all going pretty well at the moment.

Last edited:
Im in season 2017/18 with Man City. My first 5 seasons were with Forest and WHU. Forest was promotion, relegation then promotion and WHU mid table in first season and left with 10 games left to join City.

Since joing City the fun has really started....tail end of final season I got to Champions league and beaten in final 2-1 by Inter. We were already out of league and all cups, ended up finishing 3rd. The second season the league was won however I was put out in semi's of champions league and early rounds of league and FA cups.

The third season I won the league and finally the champions league beating Inter 2-1 with a 93rd minute winner...cue joyous scenes with dancing around the room as Simon Kjaer smashed it in. Again put out in semis of league and FA Cup. I aimed to get 100 points and 100 goals in the league. I got 99 goals and 98 points with a 1-1 draw in the final game but a lot of players were rested.

Just started my fourth season with a 1-0 away win at Bristol Citu and 5-0 home win to Spurs. Beaten on pens in community shiled and super cup but got a favourable draw in Champions league. I think this will be my last season with City and really want to win the league, league cup, FA cup, club world cup and champions league. From there I'll see where life takes me....hopefully to Govan so I can manage Rangers

i am sheffield wednesday finished second in league 1 after a late surge from swindon knocing me off the top and southampton into playoffs.
i signed fabien brandy on free for backup striker he ended up scoring 32 goals in 40 apps probaly best ive had a striker do :) currently 14th in championship after 18 games. i wonder how long it will take me to get in champions league lol.

Still having first season with Newcastle and Aiming to avoid relegation:P
Pretty easy
Now im 11th:D
What about you guys when you play newcastle?What position do you ususally end in the 1st season.

20 games into my second season as Man United (my trial/learning period before taking on a proper challenge)

First season I won:

Prem league
League Cup
Champions League
Community Shield

FA Cup I lost on penalties. No biggie as I only ever field a 2nd string team for home cup competitions.

Players bought in:

Neuer 34m (Van der Sar replacement)
Eden Hazard 22m (Player for the future, but good enough to start)
Pastore 15m (Lacked creativity in the midfield)
Rannochia 30m (Prospect for the future, but good enough to play now)
Alex Chamberlain 4m (Time will tell with him. Season long loan next year)
Jelle Vossen 3.5m (Retrained as AMC/ST. Not so great against top teams but bosses the midfield against lower level prem clubs)

And a boat load of future prospects at about 10m total.

First season with Reading

29 games in 9th place

Kebe sold to Aston Villa for £4.4 million I got £300k from it (5% revenue~)

Really irritated me. Besides that only signing I made was Spearing in on loan. No idea how the rest of the season will pan out, got clubs now (In January) after Long to.

Started a game with my local and favourite team Boston United in the BSN. They are new in the league having just got promotion from the league below. I started off with no money to spend and only alittle wage budget to work with.

I start by cutting down the squad to about 25 players, not including the U18s. I find it hard to give everyone 'a game', if I have a big squad, so to stop players becoming unhappy I cut the squad down as much as possible. This also helps to get better players, as you can offer more wages, but keep a tight budget.

Season 1 - BSN finished 2nd (lost in playoff semi to Gainsborough.)

Season 2 - BSN?

I will keep uploading screenshots of final league position and transfers showing my process.

I lost this game, when my laptop decided to breakdown. I have an old backup, but it puts me back in BSN. So I might start a new game. Will keep you posted.

Update: After my laptop went down, my old back up starts me back at midway through second season. I will work my way back from here. (must keep back ups for often.) Still in 1st and currently 4pts clear. Mid January.

Last edited:
in my second year with sunderland, first season finished 7th and won the league cup.

i got rid of the older players in the squad and brought in young players.

my best signings have been: David Templeton (850k) from Hearts & Danny (8m) from Zenit. Also i have been using jordan henderson and his stats have shot up and he has become a key player in my squad.

At the start of my second season i lost my loanees, Muntari,El Mohamaddy and Wellbeck. So i signed Neymar for £15m after being granted a £37m budget because i had a low first season budget and saved it all on wages.

Currently sitting 4th after 5 games, hoping to keep up the form and HOPEFULLY clinch a european spot again.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

no. why would i cheat ? the top 6 are the top 6 and the rest of the league can finish anywhere, and its no hard to win league cup when big teams field second string sides.

Hey everyone, im new to the site, thought id report on my current season.

Only just started but im Watford in the Championship, iv signed a few players whilst getting rid of the junk - Iv bought -
Jeremie Aliadiere - free - No club - highly recommend him for any championship side

Connor Wickham - 2.8m - Ipswich - stole him very quickly off of Ipswich, had an injury so he is yet to play for me but i think its fair to say that in the future i can expect great things, finally.

Aron Gunnarson - 1.8m - Coventry - good stats for a 20 year old, solid centre mid.

Sat 16th after 2 games, id be happy to avoid relegation this season and start rebuilding the squad next season.

This is a screenshot of my last game against Dagenham and Redbridge in the League Cup.
DagRedvWatfordPostMatch.png

As you can see, a decent 4-0 win with Aliadiere bagging a hat-trick.

Last edited:
So after a long period of not playing FM, I have decided to manage some of Championship team. I picked The Clarets. They have a good young and talented squad with many forces up front. I have only signed Aron Gunnarson, and in January Joe Lewis is coming, beacuse Grant is awfull and Jensen is getting older and older. First few games were really frustrating, palying very well but not scoring. Iwelumo is ****, but I cant sold him, also Thompson is not showing great games. Firstly i thought i will loan Austin, but then I tweaked tactics and put him in first 11. He is a beast. 5 games 5 goals, perfect partner for Paterson. Also Cork is amazing. So after a bumpy start, i was seating between 12 and 17 place, now my team is playing very well. 5th position so far:) The only thing which is annoying me, is how to get maximum of Jay Rodriguez? should I sent him on loan?

I started off as manager of Birmingham finishing 12th in my first season, as well as being knocked out of the Semi fincal of the Carling Cup. I was offered the Chelsea job, with them sitting 8th. In this season, I managed (with a very low morale team, EVERY player unhappy) to finish 5th. Im in my 3rd season now, and I am currently top of the league 5 points clear of 2nd placed Arsenal. I have only lost 2 games all season.
My ambitions was to finsih in the top 4. This was the default via the board, and with my players being so unhappy, I thought this was the best option. I am currently in the Semi final of the Carling Cup, which I face West Ham.

My team:

Cech
Richards..Terry..Dann..Regen
Lampard..Essien..Pastore/Rodriguez
Young..Babacar..Neymar

my 1st season

hiya everyone, my 1st post here,
bought fm 11 on monday and finished my 1st season last night

i usually go liverpool on fm games but decided to go Rotheram in league 2 for a change.

i won league 2 on 106 points, my team scored 113 goals in the league and i only lost 2 league games (both away games)

however my squad doesn't have much depth and the club has hardly any money so i might not get much to build my squad for league 1 campaign.

anyway im looking forward to the challenge of what is sure to be a relegation scrap and hope to take rotheram to the PL although it may take a while :)

Hi all.
Just finished my first season in charge of Atletico Madrid. Made one signing ho was Kadlec, scoring 15 goals in 40 odd games. Aguero got golden boot with 35 goals in 35 games in the league. Forlan scored 31 in about 50 games and Diego Costa chipped in with 21 in 50 aswel. So i have had no worries on the scoring side of things but conceded quite alot. 44 in the league but 97 scored.
Anyway i finished 3rd, 8 points behind Madrid who finished 7 behind Barcelona.
I got to the Spanish cup where i lost to R.Madrid 1-0.
I also got to the Euro Semi Final beating Valencia, Sampdoria and Juve on the way, i lost on away goals to Dortmund, who managed to beat Man City in the league.

I am hoping to get quite a reasonable transfer budget so i can strengthen in the areas required and continue on from my good first season, hopefully by winning the Spanish Cup and having a good Champs League run!!

Started an Everton save earlier and, despite only being in September, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Park Ji-Sung was offered by his agent so snapped him up for a generous £4.5m, also demanded money for Lucas Barrios and (amazingly) the deal went through and got him too. Sold Pienaar to Chelsea for £4.4m + clauses. Lost my first game of the season 1-0 to Liverpool, at home too. Next week I beat Chelsea 3-0 at Stamford Bridge so was quite happy. Just beat Stoke 4-1 at their place too so all's good at the moment.

Chelsea

Hey guys, It's my first time to post here but I felt like I got something to tell you

I Successfully finished my 2nd season with Chelsea so far, I always go with Chelsea in FM but this time was the best I changed the team entirely in my 1st season I sold nearly 3/4 of the team and I bought a lot of players I also changed the staff completely I kept only
Bruno Demichelis and Christophe Lollichon

Here is my Squad:

View attachment 168702

Here is my staff:

View attachment 168704

Here is the league table (Season 2):

View attachment 168703

Here is the EPL Player Statistics:

View attachment 168705

1st Season Achievements:

1- Community Shield (Winner)
2- English Premiere League (Winner)
3- European Champions Cup (Winner)
4- League Cup (Runner Up)

EPL was very hard to win in my first season I won it with only 3 points difference and I was very lucky winning the ECC because I faced Barcelona in the semi-final with Messi,Xavi and Puyol injured and I faced OM in the final as they took out Real Madrid

2nd Season Achievements:

1- European Super Cup (Winner)
2- Club World Cup Championship (Winner)
3- English Premiere League (Winner)
4- European Champions Cup (Winner by Penalties)
5- FA Cup (Runner Up)

EPL was pretty easy this time with Alberto Paloschi top goalscorer and 13 points difference, ECC was hard this time as I faced Barcelona in the semi final and Real Madrid in the final.

Thanks and sorry if it is too long

Just finished 2nd season with Rotherham,

Finished 15th in League 1 with 58 points, same as Charlton at 14th who had better GD

This was my 1st season in L1 after winning L2 and i was predicted to finish 23rd so was fairly happy with 15th

Started season awfully with 4 back to back losses, but ended much better with 7 wins from final 10 games

Hopefully i can improve on this next season but even though ive only spent 5k on players altogether for both seasons the clubs finances remain in the red so doubt ill have much resources to build the squad

Back