FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

Really just started at Leicester and so far Im undefeated in the league.Only loss came to Villa(2-1) in the Carling Cup.In Feb now and Im 12 points clear.I cant see myself dropping it.Might have a problem next season tho.Finances arnt looking well.So I will see how it goes.

Started with Doncaster for Billy Sharp more in hope then expectation, ended up finishing three points from play offs! gutted. Next season my board sells my best player (Ahmed Soukouna) Highly reccomend him free agent to begin with, to Birmingham for 2.5 Mil so I was left with no Quality striker and this season has pattered out in to mid table insignificance.

Managing AFC Telford, starting in the Blue Square North.

Went out of both the FA Cup and Trophy in my first games, both of them in the qualifying round. Was ****** at that, but then I realised it will allow me to focus all my attention on promotion. I've set my target of two straight promotions, so I want League football by 2012/13 and Cups are not a priority. My board still do not pass up on the opportunity to tell me that they are not happy with my early Cup exits, but I could not be arsed. Do they want to make the First Round of the FA Cup, or earn promotion?

League started slowly, seeing as I am a promotion favourite, but it came right. Went on a 14-gam unbeaten run to find myself 2nd, but then played the league leaders and Telford's fierce rivals - Stafford Rangers - twice in 3 games and they beat me twice, home and away. Stafford are now cruising and I fear 12 points is too much to overturn in 15 games, unless they have a turgid run of form. Looks like I'll be heading to the playoffs.

After going through a merry-go-round process of finding a striking combination in the first few weeks, I have now settled on a combo that has combined for 25 league goals, with my main man James Lawrie (a Northern Irish international) leading the league charts with 16 goals in 21 league games. Picked up a number of youngsters that look like potential League Two quality as well; Tom Murray - CM and Sam Simmonds - CB. Board is also upset with me for selling Stuart Whitehead. He was the original captain and a club icon, but he is old, earned too much to be a reservist and is worse than the players I am using. I am hoping to expand my coaching staff next season and get the board to improve my youth facilities so I can improve focus on developing talent.

August 15,2011. a day to remeber amongst all Gunner fans.

and i wish would have happened IRL. retiring from arsenal. the no4 shirt as a tribute for him.

View attachment 191903

Did you choose to retire the shirt number or did it just happen?. I didn't know about that feature in the game.

it asked me, and so i did retire the number 4 for him as a tribute.

he spent 22 yrs in arsenal, and so i gave him the number as a tribute.

Went undefeated the whole season. Currently on a 36 game winning streak in the league, and before everyone wonders why I went undefeated it is cause I spend around 60 million for my team the past two years. No I am not in any big leagues, although I did push the Iceland division into the top 30 leagues in the world. While the league is easy and should probably never lose a league game ever again (2 teams just turned professional and I am spending around 25 million for a player while they have like 500K as their highest player). The real challenge is me trying to get good at Champs League.

Managing AFC Telford, starting in the Blue Square North.

Went out of both the FA Cup and Trophy in my first games, both of them in the qualifying round. Was ****** at that, but then I realised it will allow me to focus all my attention on promotion. I've set my target of two straight promotions, so I want League football by 2012/13 and Cups are not a priority. My board still do not pass up on the opportunity to tell me that they are not happy with my early Cup exits, but I could not be arsed. Do they want to make the First Round of the FA Cup, or earn promotion?

League started slowly, seeing as I am a promotion favourite, but it came right. Went on a 14-gam unbeaten run to find myself 2nd, but then played the league leaders and Telford's fierce rivals - Stafford Rangers - twice in 3 games and they beat me twice, home and away. Stafford are now cruising and I fear 12 points is too much to overturn in 15 games, unless they have a turgid run of form. Looks like I'll be heading to the playoffs.

After going through a merry-go-round process of finding a striking combination in the first few weeks, I have now settled on a combo that has combined for 25 league goals, with my main man James Lawrie (a Northern Irish international) leading the league charts with 16 goals in 21 league games. Picked up a number of youngsters that look like potential League Two quality as well; Tom Murray - CM and Sam Simmonds - CB. Board is also upset with me for selling Stuart Whitehead. He was the original captain and a club icon, but he is old, earned too much to be a reservist and is worse than the players I am using. I am hoping to expand my coaching staff next season and get the board to improve my youth facilities so I can improve focus on developing talent.

I play with AFC too. :D As you said, 2 promotions in row. In 1st season I won league with + 12 or something like that. Lawrie scored around 34 in 35 matches. I will post screenies when I return from vacation, not on my PC now. :) In 2nd season I have finished 2nd behind Crewe and won promotion in playoffs. Main players were Paudie Quinn, Micah Evans and Mehdi Lazaar. You should look for parent team, board gave me Bristol City. They have given me some good players on loan for free. :D Now my main goal is to survive in League 2. Good luck with your save! :D

I play with AFC too. :D As you said, 2 promotions in row. In 1st season I won league with + 12 or something like that. Lawrie scored around 34 in 35 matches. I will post screenies when I return from vacation, not on my PC now. :) In 2nd season I have finished 2nd behind Crewe and won promotion in playoffs. Main players were Paudie Quinn, Micah Evans and Mehdi Lazaar. You should look for parent team, board gave me Bristol City. They have given me some good players on loan for free. :D Now my main goal is to survive in League 2. Good luck with your save! :D

Nice! That James Lawrie is a machine! Since my last post he has now banged 20 in 25 and his performances have rubbed off on Adam Proudlock, who has now scored 11 in 26, with 4 goals in his last 3 games. I would ask you for their performances in the Conference Premier, but that would be cheating now. Ha. I've also ripped into Stafford's lead. I'm on a 5 game winning streak since losing to them, and they have not won in their last 3, drawing one, so I am now a mere 4 points behind them!

Nice! That James Lawrie is a machine! Since my last post he has now banged 20 in 25 and his performances have rubbed off on Adam Proudlock, who has now scored 11 in 26, with 4 goals in his last 3 games. I would ask you for their performances in the Conference Premier, but that would be cheating now. Ha. I've also ripped into Stafford's lead. I'm on a 5 game winning streak since losing to them, and they have not won in their last 3, drawing one, so I am now a mere 4 points behind them!

Well, I released Proudlock on free because he was getting old and he had big wage. Lawrie is good for rotation in BSP. I have Dixon, Lazaar, Evans and Lawrie in attack, and they have bagged lot of goals, together with Pitt on left side and Mills (got him permanently) on left. :) Btw, defense is something you should look to improve in Blue Square Premier. And goalkeeper too. :)

Well, I released Proudlock on free because he was getting old and he had big wage. Lawrie is good for rotation in BSP. I have Dixon, Lazaar, Evans and Lawrie in attack, and they have bagged lot of goals, together with Pitt on left side and Mills (got him permanently) on left. :) Btw, defense is something you should look to improve in Blue Square Premier. And goalkeeper too. :)

Part of the reason why I struggled early on was because I did not have a settled striking combo. Besides the guys you start with, I had Mathias Poghba on loan from Wrexham for 3 months and a whole batch of trialists. Proudlock and Lawrie worked the best, so I cut the rest. I tried to extend Poghba's loan, he scored a lot as a sub, but he was being a ******. He claims AFC Telford are his favourite club yet when I want him on loan, Wrexham say yes, but he says that I am too small. Proudlock has 88% pass completion, the best in the league. I also play him as a deep lying forward, the link between my midfield and himself and Lawrie. That is why I sold Whitehead, too much wages and I was not using him. I am using Carl Rodgers and Shane Killock as my CB's. Both have high average match ratings but my word, Rodgers is a walking red-card. Red-carded twice, including one straight red for injuring a guy, and he leads the league for yellows. He's also been suspended twice as well for exceeding his yellow card count, so I've now told him to be cautious.

Definitely will be looking for new backs. I got a young keeper who is rated better than Ryan Young, so I'll see how he goes in the preseason, or I'll try look for an experienced loan signing. Also looking at bringing Mills in full-time. I've lost Pitt to long term injury, so I am using Josh Johnson, pure garbage, and have re-trained Sean Newton, a left wingback, as cover. Johnson does not like me, he's always having a go at me for team talks, so I can't wait to be shot of him.

My Birmingham team second season is going fantasticlly well.

Won the Carling Cup first season, beating Man City 2-0 in the final. (Man City haven't beaten me yet). Obviously now I am in the Qualifying 3rd of Europa league.

Finished 8th after a slump with 5 losses out of my final 6 games. (Did rotate alot to give game time to players, but cost me a 5th place finish). After having a slight overhaul of players, loans going out few sales etc, my team is slightly thin but packed with some real quality. I had a takeover in my first season. Set my chairman status to one as Carson Yeung has ruined my club and so I wanted him gone. No, I haven't got a tycoon I have got someone less rich that CY.
Sold quite a few players first season, never really brought any players until I needed to.

Brought in - Benetez (1.3mill) Top goalscorer.. 40+ goals in all competitions. Alan Smith (Needed back up in CM), Charlie Adam (£10mill) Funded by player sales and money left over. Donal McDermott (975k) Needed a back up for Beausejour.
January sales: Micah Richards (£5mill) Surplus to requirements at Man City, signed for long term cover for Carr. John O'sea (£2mill) Quality signing can cover all areas in the back.

Major sales: Cam Jerome (£5mill) - Newcastle. Seb Larsson (£5mill) - Newcastle. James McFadden (£4mill) - Everton. Keith Fahey ((£2.5mill) - Wigan.

Second season.
Still in Pre-season, squad is looking majorly thin.
Players out:
Bowyer, Jiranek, Phillips, Parnaby & other reserve players (ALL RELEASED)
Martins, Hleb, Bentley, Derbyshire (Loans expired)
Murphy - £2mill
Some other players in talks atm.

Players In:
Paulo Henrique - £17mill - Tried signing him in first season, but only had financial muscle this season to sign.
Eden Hazard - £16.5mill - Was brought to my attention by his agent. Saying he wanted a moved. Signed him straight up before any other attention was brought to him.
Frazier Campbell - £4.5mill - Was a last resort, but will be a great backup player.

Currently looking at some other back up players in midfield/defence. Desperatly looking for a striker. Interested in Neymar but haven't got the financial muscle as yet.

Money has come from high league position, TV rights for Europe etc (Something in the region of £40million). Plus my chairman gave me a £28mill budget.

Full team is:

Gk - Foster, Butland
Def - Carr, Richards, Johnson, Dann, Davies, O'shea, Ridgewell.
Mid - Adam, Gardener, Ferguson, Hazard, Paulo Henrique, Mutch (On Loan to Rangers), McDermott
Att - Benitez, Zigic, Campbell (Just waiting to finalize)

Last edited:
Started a save with AFC Wimbledon in BSBP, it's been 11 games and we are 2nd, 2 points behind Crawley, who we keep swapping places with alot. Brought in Gary Mills from Rushden for 120K, turned out to be a great signing. 6 Goals in 9 games for the midfielder. Strikers doing brilliantly, Danny Kedwell can't stop scoring! 10 goals in 11 games, plus he's now 4-stars. Also a 6-0 win and a 5-1 win. Excellent!

I decided to start a new save with a slightly smaller club. I stupidly tried QPR thinking they were the richest club in the world, only to find I had a budget of about £2.5m. I did ok with them being in the top half of the league for the first half of the season but things started going downhill, so I started another save with Newcastle. They have a decent keeper in Krul. Strong centre halfs in Coloccini, Steven Taylor. And I was glad to see Enrique still there. The midfield is pretty strong defensively with Tioté, Barton, Nolan, and Smith. And have a fairly decent attacking midfielder in Ireland and Ben Arfa. I was a bit worried about my choice of forwards, Ameobi and Lovenkrands the only two who I thought were fairly decent, but I've never liked playing with targetmen. I had £20m to spend and have made some decent signings. The first player I went after was Christian Benitez. I signed him for £2m to fend of any interest from other teams. He started banging them in straight away in the friendlies and the first few games of the season, but then went on a dry spell for a while, but he's started looking a lot better in the last few games when I changed him from poacher to advanced forward. Ameobi is my top scorer. He doesn't have great stats but he certainly knows where the goal is. Another player with below average stats is LuaLua. I've been playing him as a winger, hug the touchline and cross from byline, he's been amazing. I just let him run all game. He's quietened down the last few games but it's November and he already has 7 assists. It's the same with Jonas, all he can do is run, so I let him do exactly that. He started off pretty poorly, but the last few games he been great. Just make sure you have him as winger support or he won't pass and keep having **** efforts on goal. I noticed we were short of cover for the fullbacks, so bought in Pasquale and Lichtsteiner who have been playing quite well. I also managed to sign Varane as a few of my centre-halves had long term injuries. I also signed attacking midfielder Mohammed Abou Trika (heard of him?). I've only played him a few times, he's still settling in but the board have already told me they are pleased with him. And a striker called Dembele (not the one from Fulham) who has quite good stats was available for £425k, he's not doing too well, but I've seen signs of promise.

I started off the season really well. Managing a 2-2 draw with Man U on the opening day. Then went onto win the 4 games, including beating Chelsea 3-1, I absolutely fluked that though. They had 27 shots, hit the woodwork twice, and my keeper had a blinder. I played counter-attack and only had 4 efforts all game, one a penalty. Against the easier teams I was struggling a bit, including losing to Bolton 2-0. I managed a 0-0 draw with Liverpool with only 9 men on the field. My last game was against Birmingham and after going 1-0 down early on took control of the game to win 3-1. Man City next!

Last edited:
With real madrid, just before christmas in 2013, which is season four.

Spent season 1 with arsenal, won epl, sold some big players like rvp and fabregas, bought replacements like pastore etc. and spent the difference improving the squad. Went out the champions league very early to barcelona.

Christmas season 2 took up an offer from real madrid (they were in 11th), they offered me a huge transfer budget as well (man city style, like 150m) so I bought some big players to help the team, and took a couple from my old arsenal squad.

Barcelona were 20 points ahead in the league so could never catch them, went out champions league to arsenal, and 1/2 my team was ineligble because they had played that year in the champions league.

Season 3, 2nd with real, won the league by a lot and lost in the champions league final to man u. Currently in season 4, winning the league and the champions league is going well. Barca have gone downhill, not made any good signings and squad is old. Biggest threat is valencia.

Also took up scotland managers job, won the first match 5-1 to latvia, but we were already unqualified for the world cup which is why the job wasnt available.

Three years after stock piling my team. Salaries are around 900K for my Iceland team we went into the red in the third season from all the monthly installments I owe from buying people. Still got to the finals of champs league and was facing off against Inter who was the toughest team behind Chelsea in the Semi's. I was just happy to get to the finals to help get some money, but we pulled out the win. Still in the red, but nice to see Iceland team competing with the big boys. Problem now is that my goalie is being sought after for the likes of Man City and Real Madrid for around 25 million and then my stud midfielder is around 45 to Inter. I don't want to sell, but I might have to just to stay out of the red.

In the 2nd season in my Brighton saveWon the league easily in my first season, inspired by Elliot bennett. Second season is going orite, 8 games in I think I'm sixth or seventh, was disappointed by lack of transfer budget for 2nd season (210k only) so had to sign frees mostly Having trouble with strikers so if anyone could recommend one for cheap it would be much appreciated.

Started a save with Madrid yesterday, currently in January,

Signings:
Fabio Coentrao 8m
Douglas Costa 12m
Franco Zuculini 8m
Anthony Annan 7.5m
Romelu Lukaku 9.75m

Outgoings:
Marcelo 15m
Gago 6.75m
Diarra (loan fee 300k future fee 10m)

19 games played in the league and I lie in second behind barca.

Barca Record: played 19 - won 18 - drew 1 - lost 0 - 55 points - scored 66 - conceded 4.

That is pretty unreal tbh and I had no chance, I am 5 points behind.

Madrid record: played 19 - won 16 - drew 2 - lost 1 - 50 points - scored 48 - conceded 10.

My only loss was to Barca at the Nou camp although I am yet to play them at the Bernabeu. Has anyone else seen such unreal stats by Barca on FM, I am hoping they slump in the second half of the season but I cant see it at all, they have been absolutely thrashing sides. 4 goals in 19 matches conceded, that is quite scary.

Has anyone else seen such unreal stats by Barca on FM, I am hoping they slump in the second half of the season but I cant see it at all, they have been absolutely thrashing sides. 4 goals in 19 matches conceded, that is quite scary.

Yeah when I played in the Spanish League they would dominate every few years. It would be between them and Real. Depending on how good they did in tournaments is how poorly they did in the league. Barca would win the champs league but would finish at least second or mostly third in the league. If they got bounced early it seemed like they would take it out on the league.

Yeah when I played in the Spanish League they would dominate every few years. It would be between them and Real. Depending on how good they did in tournaments is how poorly they did in the league. Barca would win the champs league but would finish at least second or mostly third in the league. If they got bounced early it seemed like they would take it out on the league.
They are absolutely taking it out on the league, have they ever slumped in the second half of the season for you? Hoped/expected to win the league with Madrid in season 1, looking pretty unlikely at the moment, they have dominated everyone they have played.