FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

Barca Record: played 19 - won 18 - drew 1 - lost 0 - 55 points - scored 66 - conceded 4.

That is pretty unreal tbh and I had no chanceQUOTE]

I did two seasons with madrid and i just couldn't win la liga :( Barca were unstoppable i won the copa de ray in both seasons though :)

Started a save with Madrid yesterday, currently in January,

Signings:
Fabio Coentrao 8m
Douglas Costa 12m
Franco Zuculini 8m
Anthony Annan 7.5m
Romelu Lukaku 9.75m

Outgoings:
Marcelo 15m
Gago 6.75m
Diarra (loan fee 300k future fee 10m)

19 games played in the league and I lie in second behind barca.

Barca Record: played 19 - won 18 - drew 1 - lost 0 - 55 points - scored 66 - conceded 4.

That is pretty unreal tbh and I had no chance, I am 5 points behind.

Madrid record: played 19 - won 16 - drew 2 - lost 1 - 50 points - scored 48 - conceded 10.

My only loss was to Barca at the Nou camp although I am yet to play them at the Bernabeu. Has anyone else seen such unreal stats by Barca on FM, I am hoping they slump in the second half of the season but I cant see it at all, they have been absolutely thrashing sides. 4 goals in 19 matches conceded, that is quite scary.

I am real in the 4th season, won last year and winning this year. They are pretty much unbeatable in the first year or two. But they seem to make bad, or no, signings, so they still play very old players like puyol without replacing them and they go downhill.

I just started with watford in the championship. Things are going ok made a few decent signings and some good loans. Although i havent actually started the season yet in a friendly i drew 2-2 with bolton so i am fairly confident that i will be battling for survival in the prem next year. :)

I cant get into any game at the moment, in fact im actually beginning to develop a strong hatred for football manager, just the entertainment value is really low and the boredom is driving me mad

I hv been managing Barcelona for 12 yrs now(game time) I hv assembled a. Really realistic squad,never cheat but I still seem to rule all below me.For instance ,I hv won 11 la liga titles,7Cls and I hv won the Spanish cup 7 times in a row.Furthermore,teams around me in Spain seem to lose the motivation to spend,their average outlay reaching that of 15 mil.However,for england,even Blackburn spends 60 m.Is there a way to increase spanish clubs expenditure ?

That is pretty unreal tbh and I had no chanceQUOTE]

I did two seasons with madrid and i just couldn't win la liga :( Barca were unstoppable i won the copa de ray in both seasons though :)

I agree, There is no chance of me catching them, 5 points behind them now heading into march and they have conceded 8 goals and scored 72,Im determined to stick with the save and eventually beat them though

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

I am real in the 4th season, won last year and winning this year. They are pretty much unbeatable in the first year or two. But they seem to make bad, or no, signings, so they still play very old players like puyol without replacing them and they go downhill.

They have signed lucas of sau paolo and tiago alves, two decent signings but ill live in hope that what you said is true

I agree, There is no chance of me catching them, 5 points behind them now heading into march and they have conceded 8 goals and scored 72,Im determined to stick with the save and eventually beat them though

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

They have signed lucas of sau paolo and tiago alves, two decent signings but ill live in hope that what you said is true

Yeah, thats just in my game, but then I signed tiago alves so they couldn't. They did sign chiellini in season 3, but he was like 30 or something and they paid 60 million, so not a great buy.

They are absolutely taking it out on the league, have they ever slumped in the second half of the season for you? Hoped/expected to win the league with Madrid in season 1, looking pretty unlikely at the moment, they have dominated everyone they have played.

Yes but it seems that all the teams do that when I played as them. And when I say slump means they will lose or tie like 3 games in a row and that is it. But its usually out of the last 6 games you play. Two years I won the league by a point by winning the last three and Barcelona or Real Madrid would end up losing all their games or tying one. I also lost the league that was a well once.

Going into season 8 with my beloved Arsenal team. ATM I'm trying to get 'legend' status at the club and I hope I can expand the stadium in 2-3 years time. Things are going well so far, but Fabregas has just hit 30 and I hope I can get a few more seasons out of him. Finding a replacement's gonna be hard due to a lack of quality regens. Babacar's requested a transfer (******* ****) so I let him go to Newcastle for £25m (replaced him with a regen from Real Madrid for £27m). I find it funny, considering he had offers on the table from Juventus and AC Milan, so clearly money was on his agenda. >.>

Currently expecting a title challenge from Newcastle (lol), Man Utd, and Man City. Newcastle on my save have been buying players and spending like crazy ever since a takeover back in the 2013/14 season. They have like five players (all are fairly average TBH, with the exception of Hamsik) on 210k p/w and like six on more than 100k p/w. Yet, all they've managed were mid-table finishes for the past four seasons.

Last edited:
My Barcelona is a really good team,and I hv made it very realistic.My nett total spending over the past 11 yrs is 100 mil,averaging to around 10 mil per yr.Furthermore I hv a strong youth academy,good scouting and my team id balanced,with only just 2 really outstanding players (keeping it realistic ).No outlandish signings,and no team of superstars.I hv wrapped up the league,my cup final is in 4 matches times,Bit I hv lost my CL q-final.My Italy is in the world cup at the end of the season and I m looking forward to it.Btw,I hv won around 30 trophies in my reign and achieved legendary status.My Barcelona Athletic team is currently third in Second division,but I m not sure if they are allowed to get promoted.However,one bad thing is that Spanish clubs around me is unable to spend much money,an it's only dominated by Me,real Madrid and A Madrid.the others are
Small spenders.Whereas in the EPL,it's booming with even Blackburn spending arnd 50 m,more than real Madrid this season,who only spent 25 m.Why!!!! Lastly,my team is undergoing a transformation as Messi,Pique,Frabegas,Busquets,Fontas(Barcelona captain for 5yrs), and this season after selling my Star striker(29 yrs old )to Man u for 69 Million,my strikeforce is weakened,and 3 long term injuries have forced my team out of the CL!! Anyway the future looks bright for Barcelona as I will find a way from my promising spanish youngsters and squeeze the last ounce of strength of my veterans.Hopefully Next season,my youth players will step up to fill the void left by outstanding servants Fabregas,Pique and Messi (all 35)

Well to update you on my Real madrid save, I won the league! and the champions league! Barcelona slumped in their last 10 or so games and I took the title by 2 points! (I think) screens will be up now.

I cant believe it, I smashed the champions league, beat inter 6-1 at the san siro in the quarters, arsenal 8-0 in the semis and Barca 3-0 in the final! not sure whether to upload the tactic or not, fairly impressive results.

Last edited:
Liverpool 12/13

Starting 11 from:
GK - Reina / Courtois (£1.6M)
LB - Robinson / Coentrao (£13.5M) / Zeigler (£7.25M)
CB - Bassong (£3.2M) / Cahil (£6M) / Alderweireld (£9M) / Wilson
RB - Kelly / Vrsaljko (£17.5M) / Motta (£6.5M)
DM - Casemiro (4.4M) / Lucas
CM - Souquet (£9M) / Meireles / Gerrard / Renato Augusto (£6M) / Toni Kroos (£0M!) / Aquilani
LAM - Kagawa (£12M) / Perotti (£17.5M)
RAM - Hoilet (£12.5M)
ST - Suarez / Falcao (£13M) / Eduardo (£6.25)

Value of Players acquired (Overall): £176M
Value of Players sold (Overall): £93M
Net spend: £83M over 3 years.

10/11 - 3rd in League, FA Cup 5th Round, League Cup Qtr Final, Euro Cup Semi Final. (All playing a custom 4-1-2-1-2)
11/12 - 1st in League (W27/D8/L3 - F73/A18), FA Cup Semi Final, League Cup 4th Round, European Champions Cup Semi Final. (All playing current custom 4-5-1/4-3-3)

Well to update you on my Real madrid save, I won the league! and the champions league! Barcelona slumped in their last 10 or so games and I took the title by 2 points! (I think) screens will be up now.

I cant believe it, I smashed the champions league, beat inter 6-1 at the san siro in the quarters, arsenal 8-0 in the semis and Barca 3-0 in the final! not sure whether to upload the tactic or not, fairly impressive results.

Nice work :)

Message that Luca Toni intends to retire a year before his contract's up. Just a beautiful sight, brings a tear to my eye.

On my Tottenham save I won the Champions League & FA Cup first season.. But finished 5th ):

2nd Season First Team:

David De Gea 17.5m

Glen Johnson 19m
Phil Jones 17.5m
Vincent Kompany 9m
Fabio Coentrao 8.5m

Dirk Kuyt 18m
Tom Huddlestone
Luka Modric
Gareth Bale

van der Vaart
Giuseppe Rossi 25m

Subs:

Alex Smithies 750k
John Heitinga 10m
Kyle Walker
Marcio (regen) 5m
Sebastien Bassong
Gabriel Silva 3.7m
Moussa Sissoko 15m
Sandro
Borja Valero 2.4m
Prine Kiaku (regen) 2.3m
Gervinho 16m
Simon Vukcevic 2m
Andros Townsend
Sergio Canales loan
Mirko Vucinic 19m
Roman Pavlyuchenko
Fernando Llorente 23.5m
Federico Macheda loan

Total Spend: 227m
Total Sales: 143m

I started unemployed and immediately got a job at Newport. I've been at them for 2 weeks andi've completely overhauled the squad.

Those stars will go down over time, assistants in lower leagues are retarded and can't judge players properly, but yeah nice team.

Hi all,

First post!

Ok not played FM2011 since release as i kind of lost interest but yesterday decided to start a new game with blackburn and base my game on building a young squad and see how far i can take them and watch them develop.

So this is a list of my signings so far:

Juan Manuel Iturbe
Baston Borja
Erick Torres
Atila Turan
Simone Verdi (season loan)
Wendel
Mirko Barocelli
Serge Aurier
Martin Zeman
Fabinho

And my current lineup:

GK: Robinson
LB: Olsson
CB: Givet
CB: Samba
RB: Aurier
AML: Zeman
MC: Pederson
MC: Verdi
AMR: Barocelli
ST: Torres
ST: Wendel

Now my main aim was to just survive 1st season in the prem as i knew i had a very inexperienced team there but just wanted to keep a settled squad and get my young guns some games and hopefully watch them progress.
I started off slow in the prem winning once in the first 5 games!
Slowly but surely and with some tweaks to my tactics and formation i went on a steady run and managed a 7 straight win streak with away wins at arsenal and man city!!

At present 28 games gone and im currently 9th and 18 pts clear of the relegation zone so pretty much safe and overall really pleased with how my team is coping at the moment.

Will post some screenshots later when i have another session. But as it stands im hoping to keep pretty much the same team next season and add a couple of young centre backs to my squad...any recommendations?

Tottenham can't win champions league in first season unless u cheated.Sry m8. In any case,I just won the world cup in 2022.I took over Italy in 2018,went out in the q-final of euros.but managed to win this world cup in convining fashion.And it was without cheating :)