FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

Trying 100% English players save (literally sold off anyone not with an English national flag next to them) as a self challenge to win the league. Doing it with Sunderland, won FA cup last season and just finished third this year after they ran out of steam in the last 8 fixtures after being top all season. A bit more squad depth and I should achieve it this year :) Fabian Delph has turned into a monster, and Delfouneso and Frazier Campbell are both 20+ league goals a season strikers for me. Speed speed speed...

Trying 100% English players save (literally sold off anyone not with an English national flag next to them) as a self challenge to win the league. Doing it with Sunderland, won FA cup last season and just finished third this year after they ran out of steam in the last 8 fixtures after being top all season. A bit more squad depth and I should achieve it this year :) Fabian Delph has turned into a monster, and Delfouneso and Frazier Campbell are both 20+ league goals a season strikers for me. Speed speed speed...

What is your first team, love to see that, sounds like a great challenge

I'm currently in my second season with Fulham. After finishing 6th last season with a ton of draws, I completely revamped my team. The board gave me a 60 million budget at the end of the season and with that I bought:

First team:

Papiss Cisse (10,75m)
Tom Cairney (4,5m)
Ashley Young (15,25m)
Jack Rodwell (7,75m)
Junior Hoilett (9m)
Pablo Zabaleta (6,25m)
Nicolas Douchez (free)
John Arne Riise (5m)

Backups:

Danny Welbeck (loan)
Kyriakos Papadopoulos (loan)
Thorgan Hazard (loan)
Alex Smithies (1.3m)

Hot prospects:

Davide Petrucci (free)
Paul-Jose M'Poku (free)
Laurentiu Branescu (1.5m)

Looking to qualify for the Europa League or at most the Champions League, we'll see how it goes. Here's my starting lineup:

View attachment 193633

Last edited:
I'm currently in my second season with Fulham. After finishing 6th last seasons with a ton of draws, I completely revamped my team. The board gave me a 59 million budget at the end of the season and with that I bought:

First team:

Papiss Cisse (10,75m)
Tom Cairney (4,5m)
Ashley Young (15,25m)
Jack Rodwell (7,75m)
Junior Hoilett (9m)
Pablo Zabaleta (6,25m)
Nicolas Douchez (free)
John Arne Riise (5m)

Backups:

Danny Welbeck (loan)
Kyriakos Papadopoulos (loan)
Thorgan Hazard (loan)
Alex Smithies (1.3m)

Hot prospects:

Davide Petrucci (free)
Paul-Jose M'Poku (free)
Laurentiu Branescu (1.5m)

Looking to qualify for the Europa League or at most the Champions League, we'll see how it goes. Here's my starting lineup:

View attachment 193633

Sounds and looks great, hope you do well, I just started a new game on 11.3 with Barcelona, the team that I have never been until now!

Sounds and looks great, hope you do well, I just started a new game on 11.3 with Barcelona, the team that I have never been until now!

Thanks, and good luck to you too. I've never liked managing top teams because it's way too easy. :p

That's why I'm doing it! I might not bother though and just do a lower league one, just can't find a team that I want to be hence the Barcelona start!!

Just got an idea, I will start a QPR one! :)

Last edited:
Just got the England job 2 years in to my Sporting Lisbon save. Have played 2 WC qualifiers vs Austria and Croatia. Both of them 4-0 wins. Having great success with a 4-5-1 with a defesnive mid and amr/aml. Rodwell is immense as a DM and Sturridge, Jordan Henderson, Stewart Downing, and aaron Lennon have been immense on the wing. I'm giving Andy carrol first choice over rooney more and more because he is better in the air and my game tends to revolve around crosses. Really feeling good about this team.

Have got Stevenage 2nd in the table (League 2) mid-way through my first season. Have only signed players recommended to me by my staff/scouts. Only taken 4 players all under 19 on loan (never heard of any of them). Trying to have a challenge. South Quarter Final of the JPT, but got smacked about my Southampton who were leading League 1 at the time. Drew Arsenal in the third round of the FA Cup. Having a lot of fun doing this save.

Off Topic... but how long does it usually take you guys to complete a season (hours/days estimation?)

Started unemployed and took the Thurrock job (BSS) and I'm 4th in the league with about 15 games left in the season. Had a brilliant run last year when we went unbeaten for 14 games but we're a little inconsistent now. Hopefully I can take them up to the BSP!

Started a new game with Stranraer in the Scottish Third Division with the aim of reaching the SPL. Some of the quality available from French amateur teams is incredible for that level. Sitting in 2nd place after 10 games and I my coaches say that some of the players are already of a high enough standard to play in the SPL!!!!

Also, I have a 24 year old player/youth coach which I thought was quite weird :D

What is your first team, love to see that, sounds like a great challenge

First 11 is Smithies, M.Richards, P.Jones, Shawcross, Baines, Henderson, Rodwell, Delph, Downing, Delfouneso and F.Campbell. I took a good look at England players in general and for time being crossing my fingers on decent regens coming through (which I search for on the very first day that youth players come through).

Rest of squad: Agbonlahor, Dann, Richardson, J.Lewis, Onuoha, Bostock, Wickham, Coady, O'Hara, Cattermole, Albrighton, Basham, Joe Bennet, Colback and some regens not ready for first team yet.

Wouldn't say it is an exceptional team but I'm happy with the tactic I've made, it's getting the most out of a poacher and a fake target man (run onto ball) with them both swapping positions

Out of the existing players, there aren't many additions that are willing to come to me, and the ones I want I can count on one hand - Wilshere, Bertrand, Hart, Walcott, Rooney, Lennon and Gerrard are the only ones left that could add more to the team. Anyone else decent just doesn't have enough pace for my style of play.

Just took over newcastle,Bought Phil Jones and Yohan Cabaye as major signings.Media expectations 18th,I m trying to reach the CL in 3 yrs.Any suggestions on how to improve the squad,and how to play ?

Just took over newcastle,Bought Phil Jones and Yohan Cabaye as major signings.Media expectations 18th,I m trying to reach the CL in 3 yrs.Any suggestions on how to improve the squad,and how to play ?

I play attacking football with Newcastle. Signed Lukaku and Babacar and played a 4222 came 6th out of the Europa league on FIFA Fair Play, Babacar got the Golden Boot. Second season came 3rd Lukaku lone striker and Babacar on loan - think Lukaku got golden boot can't remember, knocked out of CL in group stage in 3rd season GDB and Barcelona make for a tough intoduction to European football. In the league I'm rotting on 5/6th this season, no CL for me this season. Gonna rehaul the team at the end of the season, bring in Sergio Canales, Pedro Leon, Coates (if he's loaded).

On a side note,I started another save(Newcastle is pretty boring haha).I want to Start a whole new empire with Manchester City.Bought Phillipe Mexes,Gregory Van Der Wiel ,Albert Streit,Sergi Gomez and Sergio Aguero(Total Spending 65mil),I am playing a 4-1-4-1.Teamsheet:Hart,Kolarov,Kompany,Mexes,Van Der Wiel,De Jong( one man midfield crusher ?),Silva,Aguero,Tevez,Balotelli(4 attacking mid right in front of the opposition defense),Dzeko.Bench:Given,Zabeleta,Lescott,Boyata,Toure Kolo,Yaya Toure,Barry,Milner,Viera,Johnson,Wright Philips,Mc Dermott,Wiess.
I m planning a 2 yr total transformation of the club,planning to restructure the wage budget to a minimum.I know it seems impossible with Aguero and Tevez ,But maybe after a few years I will let them move on? Furthermore,I want to enhance my youth academy, as seen by purchasing Sergi Gomez(Barcelona youth centre back),so I don't need to spend too much money each season.After my 2 yr plan,I expect my team to be a regular in the CL and fighting for the league almost
Every season.Furthermore,Transfers will be sanctioned on a deal by deal basis,and not on impulse.I also plan to change staff personnel to improve training in the club.The stadium will also be bought over by the club,so we can improve
And enhance our reputation.Most importantly,I'm looking forward to winning the first trophy Man City have ever won in decades,and use it as a stepping stone for the future. Carlos Tevez is being linked with a 60million move to FC Bayern,is it too good to refuse?? Current Captain :Carlos Tevez,Vice Captain :Vincent Kompany.I also hope to achieve legendary status in the club,and hopefully in a few decades knock Manchester United of their perch haha(I m a man u fan btw,relax
........) any suggestions on players ,tactics and any relevant issues are appreciated :)

Just beat barcelona with san marino, woo hoo! Such a long way away from Serie C. Hopefully will win serie a this year too.

Currently just finished my first season with Man Utd won the league on the last day out of the Fa Cup in the 3rd round to wo else but man city(pretty dissappointing). Hernandez has a brilliant debut season picking up the Premier league Golden boot on his debut season delighted with that. out early in the CC aswell to newcastle but we did get to the CL Final only to suffer the inevitalbility of losing to Barcelona after they fought to come back late in the game. Our biggest win of the season away to West Brom 5-0 and i dont now how but our biggest loss 5-0 away to Chelsea. Currently briniging in Davide Santon on a free and in the market for CM and a GK (hoping to get De Gea)

View attachment 194100View attachment 194101View attachment 194102View attachment 194103View attachment 194104View attachment 194105View attachment 194106View attachment 194107View attachment 194108

Hope you like my update on things. What do you think?

Update: Just got Scholes to sign a new contract at the club as a coach hes 4 stars on Ball Control which im very pleased with also added VDS to the coaching staff aswell. Best 11 also annouced and player of the year won by Rooney. Got a transfer kitty of 77mil for the coming season :D

View attachment 194110 View attachment 194111

Last edited:
1st Season: Won the League as Spurs
2nd Season: Won the Treble (League, League Cup and FA Cup) as Spurs, beat narrowly by Barca in CL Final (They got last-minute winner)
3rd Season: Took over Man. United, currently in November and 3rd in league on GD. Nilmar and Vidic are my best players right now, although Nilmar keeps getting injured :(. I saw Fergie gave away Berbatov to Everton for £700K PMSL! Lots of regens to deal with...

Finally have the best team in the world. Only took until 2034. Oldest player is 26 too! View attachment 194284 Now its all about getting my league prestige to the top of the world. Ireland all the way!