FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

ok so here is my story so far...

started off with crewe in league 2 media predictions predicted 17th and my expectations were a top half finish. my transfer budget was low so i assigned my whole budget to wages.. this allowed me to sign good players who were out of contract or unattached. this season i signed.. laurent francis, ali fuseini, david mc namee and matt fry, also i got mitchel hanson and mark o brian on loan from my parent club derby county. by the time of the january transfer window i was second in the table and the board asked me to reconsider my expectations so i changed them to promotion and got a nice 600k transfer budget. i used that to sign alexander kacaniklik from fulham (stongly recommended) i finished the season in first place with 10 points to spare.

league one
with a dissapointing transfer budget on only 200k i decided to sell one of my hot prospects max clayton for 100k i then bought king gyan for 300k.. (tried to sign him in league two but he went to colchester instead) i then decided to buy mitchel hanson from derby 14k BARGAIN!!!! i then got fabio borini, robbie fowler and mark pollitt on free transfer all of which have been brilliant!!!! im now 25 games into the season sit in second place and just bet fulham 2-1 in the third round of the f.a cup.

PROBLEMS
if i get promoted this season im going to need more players but im really low on funds. club is fairly broke. anyone got any reccomendations? need a GK and a defensive midfielder and maybe a CB

anyone else playing with crewe?? or a lower devision side?

really need an assistant manager also please help.

thanks for reading!

i have done the same with crew but it took me 3 years to get in the championship , 2 years in lge 2 and 1 year in lge 1 , i am currently 3rd with 47 points from 24 games , my budget is 100k on wages but i aint spent any money on transfers just got free players in ,
ben williams is a ok gk he is still in my team got him for 24k off colchester

get laurent! he is the best plays wing centre, striker. scored 16 goals from cm for me! have you got a assistant manager??

I love this save. I thought I would get bored and hop over to the COTM but so far, I can't get enough.

Here's my current progress as well as a few stats including the key man, Matias Defederico.

Started off with Leicester City, won the NPower Championship, went to the premier league, and im 7th, fighting tottenham for the last europa league spot, with 8 games to go, tough they have less 3 games than me, and i only have 2 more points than them.

Started off as Southport in Blue Square Prem. Offered most of the squad to other clubs with sell ons and got in a load of free transfers as we had no transfer budget.

Start of season goal was to avoid relagation. Mid way through the season we were top! Fell of the pace a bit to the end but managed to finish in the last play off place. Won the semi and then won the final 4-2 on pens aet.

So now the mighty Port are in the football league!

Its soon time to wheel and deal again!

Well, after that match I am very proud of my players!
WalsallvManUtdInformation_Overview.png

Even if Sir Alex gave his youngsters a run out :p

First season with Liverpool. One sigining Shawcross. 100% Win Ratio
screenshot20101117at123.png

Making Southampton title contenders = Epic :)

Signed Berbatov, Defour, Rat on free transfers. Got Muniesa for a measly 325k.

Signed an excellent regen central defender called Jose Rodriguez for 10 mill, Mauro Formica for 15 mill and - my most highly recommended DM in the game, Adam Vass, for 12 mill.

The board is ****** at my wage budget, though. The budget has been set at 800k and the wages bill is coming up to 1 mill.

League table and transfer summary :)

Just wondering where you got £35m to spend on transfers?? :S

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

So now the mighty Port are in the football league!

Its soon time to wheel and deal again!

Hard work finding some decent free transfers. Plenty around bu the board have only offered me £500 more on my budget.

So far I've managed to sign one decent striker.

Hoping to offload some of last seasons free transfers for some money so I can can try but some cheap players! Wish me luck!

Just finished my first season with Blyth. 1st place! <)

Was very close until about 10 games from the end, then all the other teams started getting tired whereas I have a fairly large squad so was able to rotate a bit.

My player of the season was, surprisingly, Michael Tait who I played as an AMC. I'll post some pics later when I figure out how! Cristian Levis also did quite well and was top scorer.

Just wondering where you got £35m to spend on transfers?? :S

The chairman seems to be a rich guy.

Before promotion, my budgets were below 1 million across the board.

After reaching the PL, I was given a war chest of 32 mill to spend. That's euros, btw, not pounds.

The second season, I was given 42 million.

No editing.

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 AM ----------

@ManV.1 - How is Nashat Akram in the game?

I could not sign him with Southampton because of work permit issues :(

Im oxford first season in league two won the jonston paint trophy against mk dons nd got promoted came second on 90 points now in league 1 first game beat southampton 2-1 signed jason koumas,robbie fowler,oliver norwood and raul tamudo :) will take a screen shot in a min!

Currently Newcastle, sat 3rd in Prem, just into Feb. Spent around 10m, brought in about 8m, Christian Benitez and Martin Zeman are the stars.

Gave up with my Hampton and Richmond save due to a horrific run of results, and I couldn't face playing 46 games a season for about 10 years.

Started a game with Venezuela and have won both games 4-0, against Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago. It'll be very difficult to qualify for anything though as all the South American teams are good, and my youngsters are pretty poor. So I'm going to be in for a tough ride.

Also started a journeyman game with all African and Asian leagues loaded (only the ones that come with the game). Ended up at Bays Utd in the First Division Coastal in South Africa so I'll see where I can go from there. I've decided not to manage in any major footballing countries this year, as I plan on taking full advantage of the dynamic league reputation.

Going into December with Arsenal, 8 points clear at the top, and just hammered Madrid 3-0 at the Bernebau to sneak 1st place in the champion's league group by goal difference.

Playing 4-5-1 with inside forwards right now, Walcott has been quite decent on the right wing, but I hear he's far better as a poacher, struggling to decide if I should bring Arshavin/Nasri central and play a 4-1-2-1-2.

Thought I'd make this while I'm riding as high as I'll probably get this season.

Currently in February 2012 as Bristol City having won the Championship the previous year. Cue frantic transfer...ing.

View attachment 114039

And after a tremendously satisfying 3-0 win over Man City I currently find myself seventh.

View attachment 114040