FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

ok so here is my story so far...

started off with crewe in league 2 media predictions predicted 17th and my expectations were a top half finish. my transfer budget was low so i assigned my whole budget to wages.. this allowed me to sign good players who were out of contract or unattached. this season i signed.. laurent francis, ali fuseini, david mc namee and matt fry, also i got mitchel hanson and mark o brian on loan from my parent club derby county. by the time of the january transfer window i was second in the table and the board asked me to reconsider my expectations so i changed them to promotion and got a nice 600k transfer budget. i used that to sign alexander kacaniklik from fulham (stongly recommended) i finished the season in first place with 10 points to spare.

league one
with a dissapointing transfer budget on only 200k i decided to sell one of my hot prospects max clayton for 100k i then bought king gyan for 300k.. (tried to sign him in league two but he went to colchester instead) i then decided to buy mitchel hanson from derby 14k BARGAIN!!!! i then got fabio borini, robbie fowler and mark pollitt on free transfer all of which have been brilliant!!!! im now 25 games into the season sit in second place and just bet fulham 2-1 in the third round of the f.a cup.

PROBLEMS
if i get promoted this season im going to need more players but im really low on funds. club is fairly broke. anyone got any reccomendations? need a GK and a defensive midfielder and maybe a CB

anyone else playing with crewe?? or a lower devision side?

really need an assistant manager also please help.

thanks for reading!

Just keep an eye out for free agents mate(H)Iv picked up Matheiu Berson,Ignacio Camacho, Ma Kalamby,Bryan Hughes and Igor Budan all for nothing!!!

My 3rd new save and i think i will stick with this one, im currently managing Liverpool and its taking a little while to gel my new squad together this is what i have done in the window so far.

OUT:
Chris Mavinga - Blackpool for 100k
Danny Agger - Inter for 6.25mill
David N'Gog - Stuttgart for 4mill
David Amoo - Bolton for 250k

IN:
Gary Cahill - from Bolton for 6mill
Leigh Griffiths - from Dundee for 350k
Fabio Coentrao - from Benfica for 8mill
Romelu Lukaku - from Anderlecht for 6.5mill
Ignacio Camacho - from Athletico Madrid for 2.5mill
Lee Cattermole - from Sunderland for 4.5mill

I have only played 2 games in the league first game away to Man Utd and i lost 3-0, but i have just beaten Blackpool away 1-0 with Cattermole on his debut getting a RED CARD after just 38mins. I have also qualified for the Europa League Group stages so all is going ok at the moment.

Started unemployed but never got a job until near the end of season 1. Derby offered me the job and I saved them from relegation with a few loan signings, Pacheco and Shelvey from Liverpool.

Second season and near enough no budget already spending too much on wages, Savage and 9 other fringe player were let go or sold. Signed diego comacho,
Boy waterman and Peter styvar with few loan signings Gael Kakuta,Pacheco, Barazite and Nordtveit played 2 won 2 expected mid table finish looking at play offs this year personally.

@ManV.1 - How is Nashat Akram in the game?

I could not sign him with Southampton because of work permit issues :(

He turns out to be a good player. Played over 20+ matches for me and has an average rating of more than 7.

Have just started a season with Liverpool after 2 or 3 practise games with Man City to get the feel for the game again.

Have signed Dzeko(23mil),Gilberto Silva (or has been an awesome buy, 1.4mil), Kadlec (725k), Santa Cruz(loan), Lugano(3mil release clause) + Pires (free)
Sold Lucas(5.5mil), Krgyopios (however you spell it 2.1mil), Maxi (3mil) and Babel + N'gog (loan)

Play a 4-1-2-1-2 with Poulsen as a defensive midfielder and Gerrard as AMC, cant stand playing wingers so Joe Cole is pretty much stuck on the bench so only a matter of time before I try to ship him off but not many teams have shown interest.

Currently in mid-September sitting in 4th after a no defeat streak since the beginning of the game, pre season went well with no real concerns average goals per game were about 4 with about 3 goals conceeded through all pre season, Euro Cup pretty much rest all my first team squad and give the reserves + youth a run sometimes leave Gerrard and Torres on the bench just in case need bit more quality on the pitch, unlike against Wisla in the group stages where I gambled and put both Torres and Gerrard in the starting XI and Gerrard was sent off for violent conduct in the 25th minute and Torres was injured in the 32nd min, now out for 4-5weeks with dislocated shoulder ! ! ! .
Have drawn with Arsenal and Birmingham (of all teams) and thrashed Newcastle 5-0 and Stoke 4-0 and got away with a sneaky 1-0 win away at Chelsea thanks to a sublime passing move involving Gerrard,Gilberto Silva and Torres with Kadlec coming on as a 79th minute sub chipping Cech in the 91st minute.

Hope to update as much as possible as been from New Zealand not many other keen FM players here so this place is like a place of worship for myself. Look forward reading your stories and listening to your comments on my progress.

Currently going well in the second season.

Finished season one 3rd in EPL, won League Cup and Europa League but went out disappointingly to West Brom in the FA Cup 3rd round.

In the second season, I sit second after 14 games. One point behind Man Utd with two games in hand.
Pick of the results so far:
Liverpool 7 - 0 Sunderland
Valencia 1 - 7 Liverpool

Bristol rovers

1st season with bristol rovers. in febuary at the moment 3rd in league 6 points off 1st placed peterborough and 2nd placed huddersfield. sheff wed southampton and charlton all doin badly mid table. got bristol rovers to the johnstones paint final againd walsall, well chuffed, hopefullly will win!:):):)

1st season done, Dusseldorf win 2.Bundesliga and the German Cup as well.

Bad idea to purchase the stadium, 132 million loan debt (payable til 2041).

1st Season

Aiming to win the premier league.
I thought my squad was excellent apart from the goalkeeping position.
So i brought in Diego Benaglio from Wolfsburg and dropped Fabianski to the reserves

Transfers
In
Fernando Gago - Real Madrid - £2M(Back-up for Song )
Diego Benaglio - VfL Wolfsburg - £8M

Out
Tomas Rosicky - AC Milan - £2M (terrible performances in pre season . I wanted to get rid of him)

venezuela.jpg

I started a career with the Venezuelan National Team, only loading the Venezuelan league (from the additional leagues on this site) and a large database so the game would run nice and quickly.

The squad isn't great, with only a few stand-out players - Juan Arango (Gladbach) who is certainly worth a scout for any club, Rafael Romo (Udinese) who is a good young goalkeeper, and Ronald Vargas (Club Brugge). I created my own 4-4-2 wide diamond formation with Arango the pivotal figure in the attacking midfield role, and based it on retaining possession and short passing.

View attachment 114466 View attachment 114467 View attachment 114468

My first 3 games were easy friendly matches. The first was won 4-0 against Trinidad and Tobago, the second 4-0 against Surinam and the third 2-0 against Guyana. **** opposition I know, but I was pleased my frail defence didn't concede any!

The first competitive games we played were in the Copa America. We were drawn in a group with Mexico, Paraguay and Ecuador, so I didn't fancy my chances of going through too much (the 2 top teams qualify, with the 2 best 3rd placed teams out of 3 groups also progressing). I did target the game against Ecuador as a winnable one, and we could maybe sneak through in 3rd place.

Venezuela vs Mexico

View attachment 114458

No idea how I managed a draw... Overrun for the whole game which is shown in the shot count. Managed 2 goals on the break and held on for a draw.

Venezuela vs Ecuador

View attachment 114460

Good win. Pretty even statistics, but we were more clinical in front of goal. In the end my team ran out convincing 3-1 winners.

Venezuela vs Paraguay

View attachment 114459

Another terribly lucky result. Judging by the shots, we deserved to be comfortably beaten, but again we managed a draw. This secured our qualification, and thanks to Ecuador's draw with Mexico we finished top of our group.

Venezuela vs Costa Rica

View attachment 114461

An unbelievably fortuitous draw pitted us against Costa Rica in the quarters, a side even I expected we could beat. My formation seems to provide loads of goals and we finished 5-2 winners, with Miku grabbing a hat-trick.

Venezuela vs Mexico

View attachment 114462

We played Mexico again, and it was a much closer game than the previous encounter. They went into an early 2-0 lead, but my side fought back and levelled the game. However soon after equalising, we conceded a late winner, sending us into the 3rd/4th place playoff instead of a possible final spot if we'd held on for extra time.

Venezuela vs Paraguay

View attachment 114463

Another team we'd played before, this time it was Paraguay. Frustratingly we gave away another quick 2 goal lead and had to fight back to tie the game. We then took the lead, and I set the team to counter to preserve our advantage. This backfired a bit though as we lost 2 late goals which denied us a 3rd place finish.

View attachment 114464 View attachment 114465

I'm very pleased with this start to management (after my aborted first attempt with Hampton and Richmond!). I realise we were very lucky in terms of the teams we played and the results we scrapped our way to, but it's good finishing 4th in South America (including Mexico) by 2011. Hopefully results can improve even more in my upcoming World Cup qualifiers.​

Hi All,

This is my first post.

I'm about halfway through my 1st season playing as West Brom.
Board expectations were to fight braely against relegation but ive just revised this in January and have told them we will definitely avoid relegation.

I haven't really spent any money, the only player ive signed was a pacy wing back called Ondrej Kusnir to fit in with the 4-5-1 system i'm using.

So far i'm doing well and sit in 9th postion in the table.

Top Scorer & Standout Player - Graham Dorrans (19apps, 8gls, 11assists & 5 MOM)

ok so here is my story so far...

started off with crewe in league 2 media predictions predicted 17th and my expectations were a top half finish. my transfer budget was low so i assigned my whole budget to wages.. this allowed me to sign good players who were out of contract or unattached. this season i signed.. laurent francis, ali fuseini, david mc namee and matt fry, also i got mitchel hanson and mark o brian on loan from my parent club derby county. by the time of the january transfer window i was second in the table and the board asked me to reconsider my expectations so i changed them to promotion and got a nice 600k transfer budget. i used that to sign alexander kacaniklik from fulham (stongly recommended) i finished the season in first place with 10 points to spare.

league one
with a dissapointing transfer budget on only 200k i decided to sell one of my hot prospects max clayton for 100k i then bought king gyan for 300k.. (tried to sign him in league two but he went to colchester instead) i then decided to buy mitchel hanson from derby 14k BARGAIN!!!! i then got fabio borini, robbie fowler and mark pollitt on free transfer all of which have been brilliant!!!! im now 25 games into the season sit in second place and just bet fulham 2-1 in the third round of the f.a cup.

PROBLEMS
if i get promoted this season im going to need more players but im really low on funds. club is fairly broke. anyone got any reccomendations? need a GK and a defensive midfielder and maybe a CB

anyone else playing with crewe?? or a lower devision side?

really need an assistant manager also please help.

thanks for reading!

Sounds like a good game so far, hope it goes well for you.

I'm currently having my best ever season with any club on any FM! :D

Only BSP, but I'm still pretty pleased.

The game I'm currently working on is another version of the 2030 savegame. I thought there had to be another 2030 game around, for people who like other parts of the game. Sort of the Opposite 2030 Game. It's alter ego. So I'm currently generating a game which has the Oskarsson's EDT files of retaining all nations in Asia, Oceania, North America and Africa. It does not include top leagues from the biggest countries like England, France, Italy. So no big nations. The biggest loaded are probably MLS, Mexican and South Korean league. In total 32 top leagues are playable. Some of those are from Nick, Triv, Tharros and StuW's additional leagues. The game will be very big, a bit slower than the original 2030 game. Makes it possible to really travel the world, win prices in various countries, able to manage any national side. Also the big countries do have players, clubs still get talents, just not as many, but many are talented. Small nations are very nice to manage in Asia, Africa, etc. because there's almost no country left with 'grey' players.
It's currently not that far generated yet, but it will be available soon. Hope it will be a great succes here.
After playing quite some time with this football manager, I starting to miss the times were I managed smaller teams in smaller nations. Thought this fm would be even better for doing this, since transfers really do go all around the world now, getting much better mixes now also being able to play in countries like Trinidad, Tunesia, Egypt, Saudi, Qatar, UAE, etc. Apart from that, I think it will be a good glimpse at the competition statusses switching (does China become the new England), It might be a really good game to play.
So Away from all the big money. Smaller clubs will give you time to build a team without buying and selling every single player every season. Build a squad that will last. Focussing more on tactics than on finances..

People got excited allready or not interested???

Last edited:
Accidentlly deleted my Barnsley save into 2nd season whilst testing JP Woody tactic so quite annoyed :(

venezuela.jpg

Venezuela vs Mexico

View attachment 114458

No idea how I managed a draw... Overrun for the whole game which is shown in the shot count. Managed 2 goals on the break and held on for a draw.

Venezuela vs Ecuador

View attachment 114460

Good win. Pretty even statistics, but we were more clinical in front of goal. In the end my team ran out convincing 3-1 winners.

Venezuela vs Paraguay

View attachment 114459

Another terribly lucky result. Judging by the shots, we deserved to be comfortably beaten, but again we managed a draw. This secured our qualification, and thanks to Ecuador's draw with Mexico we finished top of our group.

Venezuela vs Costa Rica

View attachment 114461

An unbelievably fortuitous draw pitted us against Costa Rica in the quarters, a side even I expected we could beat. My formation seems to provide loads of goals and we finished 5-2 winners, with Miku grabbing a hat-trick.

Venezuela vs Mexico

View attachment 114462

We played Mexico again, and it was a much closer game than the previous encounter. They went into an early 2-0 lead, but my side fought back and levelled the game. However soon after equalising, we conceded a late winner, sending us into the 3rd/4th place playoff instead of a possible final spot if we'd held on for extra time.

Venezuela vs Paraguay

View attachment 114463

Another team we'd played before, this time it was Paraguay. Frustratingly we gave away another quick 2 goal lead and had to fight back to tie the game. We then took the lead, and I set the team to counter to preserve our advantage. This backfired a bit though as we lost 2 late goals which denied us a 3rd place finish.

View attachment 114464 View attachment 114465

I'm very pleased with this start to management (after my aborted first attempt with Hampton and Richmond!). I realise we were very lucky in terms of the teams we played and the results we scrapped our way to, but it's good finishing 4th in South America (including Mexico) by 2011. Hopefully results can improve even more in my upcoming World Cup qualifiers.​

GREAT results!, back in FM09 and FM10 I manage the Venezuela national team, the best I did was qualify for the World Cup (I only got one draw against Slovenia in the WC), altough in the south america qualification I won against Argentina in their home 1-0(H), but the Copa America was always difficult for me...i don't know why

i didn't play last year's FM, my last one was 2009, so fm11 was going to be a new experience. that, coupled with the fact my laptop is creaking and ancient, and will be getting my new one in a week or two hopefully, means that i decided to start my first career as liverpool since i'd be most familiar with their squad and use it to get to grips with the new layouts, methods etc.

my start was very very bad and i dropped to 17th place after 11 games :D i played with 3 in defence but it seemed unbelievably bad, the defenders were left exposed all the time and stayed close together, like squishing 3 players into 2 centre back positions really.

anyway i ditched that despite the match preparation telling me my system was 80% familiar for the players or whatever, now play 4:3:1:2 and won last 4 games.

until, that is, the game randomly decided to crash and quit without saving after i beat wolves 3-0 away, moving me up to 11th after 14 games. just re-loaded and re-played that game and drew 1-1 with milijas equalising in the 89th minute for wolves. not impressed.

anyhoo, onwards and upwards. my usual team (now) is:

reina
johnson carragher agger coentrao
meireles poulsen rakitic
gerrard
jovanovic torres

i have welliton who i signed for big money to play up top with torres but he broke his leg on his first start for me. i also signed bentley who was playing well until i had to switch formations, and now i don't play with wingers so he's just sat on the bench.