FM 2012 Progress - How is your game going?

First season as Sunderland and look where im sitting in February? Also got a Carling Cup Final coming up this month aswell.
Want to see more about it? "New Lights Around The Stadium - New Beginnings" in stories about my Sunderland career.

2dadkbl.png

Ligue1Overview_Stages-2.png

2nd season with AS Monaco, doing just fine with minimum top half finish expectations after winning Ligue 2 in my 1st season, Caen even with Niang and Nangis are doing horribly for some reason

ASMonacoFCSquad_Players-5.png

ASMonacoFCSquad_Players-6-1.png

After being promoted to the Liga BBVA with Sociedad, I chose Mid-table finish and was worried because the media predicted me to finish 20th XD.

But alas! I'm 6th in the league after 25 games, having beaten Barcelona and drawn with Real Madrid twice. I got to the Semi final of the Spanish cup, knocking out Real Madrid on the way with a 6 - 2 away win to claw back the initial 2 - 0 deficit I received at home. Only bad thing is the board came in and accepted an offer for my best player, fair enough, I bought him for £500k and he scored over 50 goals in 1 and a half seasons, but made over £5,000,000 on him. Brought in another good lookign striker but he's only scored 2 in the cup so far and none in 5 league games :(

Pretty good season overall so far though.

Played 75 games as real madrid and lost 1 drew 0 won the rest
Champo League
Liga BBVA
Spanish cup
On a roll

DEPORTIVO, FIRST GAME IN LA LIGA, 8-0 !!!

Managing Deportivo, got promoted automatically with 39 wins out of 46 in the second division. then in 2012, my whole team is just youth players, some decent regens i bought and some unwanted transferlisted players like giovanni dos santos and vuckevic, however in out first game where we were not favorites, WE BEAT OSASOUNA 8-0 AND WE HAD A MAN SENT OFF IN THE FIRST HALF !!!!! I COULDNT BELIEVE MY EYES !!!!!

CHECK IT OUT . . . .View attachment 210315View attachment 210316

After my first season at York, things went very well as i won the league and the FA Trophy.
This is the table and my current squad at the beginning of league 2, Pablo Counago is a brilliant signing with 32 goals in the league alone !
View attachment 211044

In the top area of the league in my fourth season with Newcastle, it's so tight near the top. Noticed Spurs are top and are playing a 3-4-3. In January I was offered Bojan and Thiago for cheap and couldn't resist, I was then offered Wilshere + Muniain so err... I went from very reserved to all out crazy. Surprised myself, it works. Probably because of the amount of sheer quality, I'm very suspect that it'd work with any other side. In the semi's of the CC and won the first leg, in the next round of Europe and still in the FA Cup.

View attachment 211547

After finishing 3rd and qualifying for ther CL with deportivo (2013) midway through the 2014 season, we are 9th ......
However with a 3 game winning streak under our belt and Luis Manuel Ruiz ( 17 year old regen striker PA 187, top goal scorer) finding his feet again, we are up to 8th, a win off a euro league spot (this seasons target), long may this continue !!!

After my first season at York, things went very well as i won the league and the FA Trophy.
This is the table and my current squad at the beginning of league 2, Pablo Counago is a brilliant signing with 32 goals in the league alone !
View attachment 211044
no need to buy counago when you have Jason Walker! Still better than i've ever done with York

Playing as my beloved Man. U.!

Won the league, FA Cup, and Champions league on penalties (against Madrid) in the first season :) Somehow lost to Swansea in the CC final, good for them though :) Just starting 2nd season after making the team a fair bit younger, by bringing in Cissokho, Fellaini, Renato Augusto and Hamsik :D

Last edited:
Won the league, FA Cup, and Champions league on penalties (against Madrid) in the first season :) Somehow lost to Swansea in the CC final, good for them though :) Just starting 2nd season after making the team a fair bit younger, by bringing in Cissokho, Fellaini, Renato Augusto and Hamsik :D

You've not said wot team u are

Starting my fourth season with deportivo : 1st season - Automatic promotion to Top Division
2nd season - 3rd (champions league)
3rd season - 5th :( Europa League
Ive got xavi, tevez and carrizzo (Argentina number " goalie) all on frees, bought Hamsik for 25 Million, just got an offer of 36 MILLION FROM BARCELONA FOR HAMSIK !!!
Last seasons top scorer, 17 goals in 36 games, 17 year old Luis Manuel Ruiz (PA 184, SCREENIE ON REGEN THREAD)

View attachment 211973View attachment 211975View attachment 211974Since FM 2006, this was the most epic game EVER !!!!!
Managing deportivo in 2014. got Tevez and Xavi on free transfers plus to regens with PA 190 AND 184 who both start.
We go 1-0 down after 2 minutes away at Levante who are bottom after 7 games. We then score 3 goals in 20 minutes to go 3-1 up after 23 minutes, then LEVANTE STRIKER SCORES A HAT-TRICK BEFORE HALF TIME, ALL FROM CROSSES AND WE ARE 4-3 DOWN TO THE WORST SIDE AT HALF TIME. I RIPPED INTO MY PLAYERS, MADE 3 SUBSTITUTIONS AND WE SCORED 8 MINUTES INTO THE SECOND HALF KICK-OFF WITH LUIS MANUEL RUIZ (PA 184). 4-4. HOWEVER XAVI GOT INJURED STRAIGHT AFTER (OUT FOR 4 MONTHS) AND WE GO DOWN TO 10 MEN. WE DEFENDED LIKE BEAVERS (CHRIS KAMARA) AND WE MANAGED TO HOLD ON UNTIL THE 86TH MINUTED WHEN MY ITALIAN REGEN (PA178) SCORED STARIGHT FROM A CROSS WHEN MY SPANISH REGEN (PA 190) TOOK IT ROUND 4 PLAYERS BEFORE CROSSING0 GAME ENDED . . . . . . 5-4 !!!!
NEVER SEEN A MATCH LIKE THIS ON FM, INJURIES, WONDER-STRIKES, COUNTER ATTACKS, 6 GOALS IN THE FIRST 40 MINUTES . . . MADNESSSSSSSS

View attachment 211973View attachment 211975View attachment 211974Since FM 2006, this was the most epic game EVER !!!!!
Managing deportivo in 2014. got Tevez and Xavi on free transfers plus to regens with PA 190 AND 184 who both start.
We go 1-0 down after 2 minutes away at Levante who are bottom after 7 games. We then score 3 goals in 20 minutes to go 3-1 up after 23 minutes, then LEVANTE STRIKER SCORES A HAT-TRICK BEFORE HALF TIME, ALL FROM CROSSES AND WE ARE 4-3 DOWN TO THE WORST SIDE AT HALF TIME. I RIPPED INTO MY PLAYERS, MADE 3 SUBSTITUTIONS AND WE SCORED 8 MINUTES INTO THE SECOND HALF KICK-OFF WITH LUIS MANUEL RUIZ (PA 184). 4-4. HOWEVER XAVI GOT INJURED STRAIGHT AFTER (OUT FOR 4 MONTHS) AND WE GO DOWN TO 10 MEN. WE DEFENDED LIKE BEAVERS (CHRIS KAMARA) AND WE MANAGED TO HOLD ON UNTIL THE 86TH MINUTED WHEN MY ITALIAN REGEN (PA178) SCORED STARIGHT FROM A CROSS WHEN MY SPANISH REGEN (PA 190) TOOK IT ROUND 4 PLAYERS BEFORE CROSSING0 GAME ENDED . . . . . . 5-4 !!!!
NEVER SEEN A MATCH LIKE THIS ON FM, INJURIES, WONDER-STRIKES, COUNTER ATTACKS, 6 GOALS IN THE FIRST 40 MINUTES . . . MADNESSSSSSSS

sounds like a good game, but the hatrick was completed in 2nd half, third goal in 50th min, but i'm nitpicking, good match and good regen, u buy him or get him through your system?

After 7 years of managing Spurs, last 5 seasons as EPL champion, ending my contract looking for new challenge.

Get offered as a manager of Chelsea, who play in Europa League for 4 seasons, finish below top4 in the league. My first season in 2018/19, manage to do treble (EPL, FA Cup and Europa League champion).

2nd year now, doing fire sale, as lots of the players above 30yo. Can't quite sure how next season will do..

Managing- Spurs

1st season, at the beggining of February and am sitting in 3rd behind City and Utd, just like real life. Arsenal and Chelsea battling it out for 4th with Liverpool sitting behind in 6th. Uncanny parallel with real life, but sometimes FM works like that.

I have gotten rid of Gomes 6m, and Gio for 5m, Pavlyuchenko went for 9m to Zenit, after handing in a transfer request. Didn't want to sell but n/m. Bought in Olic on loan to buy as a replacement, but no intention to buy since his contract is up and he's 32. Don't like spending money in january so will wait till summer to get some business done, and scout the Euro's for young talent.

I am looking at a young GK to replace Brad, and one of Pjanic, Jovetic or Eriksen, plus 2 strikers, maybe 3 if Defoe leaves- Damiao being one of them. Also, bringing back Caulker from loan and possibly letting Gallas and Bassong go. Maybe Drogba would be a good free as he hasn't signed a deal with Chelsea yet. Would love to sign Adebayor(17 goals in about 20 games or so) but he's too much in wages. Got Modric on a new deal- 90k p/wk plus bonuses. I'm 8 pts behind City, but maybe can pull a title out the bag.

YEAAHHH BUDDYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 212261
MANAGING DEPORTIVO 2015.
QUALIFIED FOR CHAMPO LEAGUE ON THE LAST DAY BY BEATING AT.MADRID WHO HAD THE SAME POINTS AS US,

THEN BEAT CHELSEA 4-2 IN THE EURO CUP FINAL,
FELIX MARTINEZ (REGEN, PA 190) SCORED A LAST MINUTE 20 YARDER FROM A CORNER TO SEAL IT, CHELSEA HAD CAVANI, ISLA, HULK, ABEL HERNANDEZ, WE CAME FROM A GOAL DOWN TWICE TO WIN, MY SQAUDS AVERAGE DETERMINATION RATING IS ALMOST 18/20 !!
THEN BEAT ESPANYOL IN THE SPANISH CUP FINAL.

NO TROPHIES FOR THE FIRST 3 SEASONS EXCEPT THE SECOND DIVISION TITLE, THEN TWO TROPHIES IN THE SPACE OF A WEEK

View attachment 212261
MANAGING DEPORTIVO 2015.
QUALIFIED FOR CHAMPO LEAGUE ON THE LAST DAY BY BEATING AT.MADRID WHO HAD THE SAME POINTS AS US,

THEN BEAT CHELSEA 4-2 IN THE EURO CUP FINAL,
FELIX MARTINEZ (REGEN, PA 190) SCORED A LAST MINUTE 20 YARDER FROM A CORNER TO SEAL IT, CHELSEA HAD CAVANI, ISLA, HULK, ABEL HERNANDEZ, WE CAME FROM A GOAL DOWN TWICE TO WIN, MY SQAUDS AVERAGE DETERMINATION RATING IS ALMOST 18/20 !!
THEN BEAT ESPANYOL IN THE SPANISH CUP FINAL.

NO TROPHIES FOR THE FIRST 3 SEASONS EXCEPT THE SECOND DIVISION TITLE, THEN TWO TROPHIES IN THE SPACE OF A WEEK

Do you have a Caps Lock button?

Currently managing Walsall in League 2 after time out from managing Celtic. (Only in charge for 8 months, Match Engine BS in the SF of the cup vs Livingston made me throw in the towel)

The squad was shocking, had to bring in ~16 players just to make them compete. Currently climbing the table after joining when the club was 21st, now 12th.