FM 2012 Progress - How is your game going?

in 2015/16, 3 games to go in the league, 6 points ahead of barca, next game . . barca !!! winning 2 nil after 29 minutes, both goals from GIOVANNI DOS SANTOS (EX BARCA BOY, SOO UNDER-RTATED) BOTH ASSISTS FROM FELIX MARTINEZ (REGEN, 20 YEARS OLD, CA 160, PA 190)
IN THE CHAMPO LEAGUE FINAL AGAINST REAL MADRID :(
HAD TO BEAT, MAN UNITED, THEN BARCELONA, THEN COME BACK FROM 2-0 DOWN TO BEAT MAN CITY 4-2 IN THE SEMIS !!

DEPORTIVO !!!!

IN THE FIRST 3 SEASON ALL WE WON WAS THE SECOND DIVISION, KNOW WE ARE 70 MINUTES AWAY FROM BEATING BARCA (MESSI HAS BEEN INJURED FOR 4 MONTHS)AND WINNING OUR FIRST LEAGUE TITLE SINCE 2002 AND WE FACE REAL IN THE CHAMPO LEAGUE FINAL !!!

in 2015/16, 3 games to go in the league, 6 points ahead of barca, next game . . barca !!! beat them 4-0 (GIOVANNI DOS SANTOS HAT-TRICK, FREE TRANSFER FROM PORTO !!!, both goals from 2 ASSISTS FROM FELIX MARTINEZ (REGEN, 20 YEARS OLD, CA = 160, PA = 190)
IN THE CHAMPO LEAGUE FINAL AGAINST REAL MADRID :(
HAD TO BEAT, MAN UNITED, THEN BARCELONA, THEN COME BACK FROM 2-0 DOWN TO BEAT MAN CITY 4-2 IN THE SEMIS !!

DEPORTIVO !!!!

IN THE FIRST 3 SEASON ALL WE WON WAS THE SECOND DIVISION, KNOW WE JUST BEAT BARCA 4-0 (MESSI HAS BEEN INJURED FOR 4 MONTHS)AND WINNING OUR FIRST LEAGUE TITLE SINCE 2002 AND WE FACE REAL IN THE CHAMPO LEAGUE FINAL !!!

ID TELL ANYONE TO GET GIOVANNI, HES SO UNDER-RATED AND HIS PA IS AROUND160/170, IN HIS LAST 3 SEASONS, HES GOT AN AVERAGE OF 10 GOALS AND 10 ASSISTS IN THE LEAGUE, HE'S CLAASSSSSS

Playing as Reading, after 18 games of first season I am on 45 points 9 clear of second place with 45 goals to boot also. Only signed one player in the summer (Jamie Mackie, £1.3million from Q.P.R) and he's now my top scorer on 9 goals. Entire team is full of confidence and on a 12 game undefeated streak in the league and has scored in every game this season. Beat Wolves in Carling Cup 4th round and I have Stoke away in the Quarter Final. Going into the new year with optimism and looking at promotion (fingers crossed), main target now is to assemble a squad that can avoid relegation next year. :)

Playing as man utd, my major aim of this save is to develop as many young players as i can manage. The plan is to bring in a group of players with raw talent, develop them to the best of my abilities, then after a few seasons i decide which ones to keep and which ones to cash in on then i start the whole process again. i havent done this in a while and i remember i had alot of fun doing this back on fm10. so far my players are progressing very well.

Playing as man city first season, first half of the season was doing great top of league clear by 5 points and into knockout stages of champions league, since january ive started to slow down abit. Im know 3rd (7 points behind united who are 1st) after some terrible results, including a 1-0 defeat vs norwich and a 1-1 draw vs blackburn. On the plus side tho im through to the quarter finals of the champions league and fa cup.

Started a save with Tottenham and signed Kameni, Lewandowski, El Ghanassay and Sulejmani and was top of the league at xmas. Played Chelsea who were 2 points behind me on 31st december and was 2-0 down at half time so i made all 3 subs at half time. 10mins in the 2nd half i got an injury so down to 10men, but amazingly Bale scored twice to get me a 2-2 draw. I know i needed a boost so i managed to sign Carlos Tevez from City for 15million. Tevez's debut comes around and its a home tie against Newcastle, we ended up winning 7-0 with Tevez scoring a hat-trick on his debut. happy days!!!

Biggest win in the league so far in the SPL. Rangers had a bunch of injuries at the beginning of the year (they were 2-2-8 to start the year) and is the first time they didn't finish second. Also had all three players for the first time for player of the year. Funny how my defender won it, not cause he was a defender, but because he was injured for half the year. Although Rangers does have everyone back and now surprising have to play them in the Champs league final too. Beat Real Madrid in the Semi's 3-1 away and then lost 0-2 at home.

Also despite how bad I crushed the league, I didn't even come close to winning Manager of the Year (wasn't in top 3).​

Last edited:
Been playing the same save for ages...into my 14th season now!,

Started in the evo stick division 1 north with Radcliffe Borough..just got them promoted to the premier league :)

took me 3 hard thought season's to gain promotion from the championship after a brilliant play off final win over watford!

my whole team's basically been built round released youth players since i started...think my average age is still only 18-21 now i am in the Prem!,
only just started spending money now bringing in some decent players :)

so far in the Premiership i beat spurs in the 1st game..a draw at newcastle and 5-0 thumping win over chesterfield in the Carling cup!!

never did i think when starting this save would i be where i am..and i can't see myself starting another save,

Going to turn my once amateur side playing in front of an average crowd of 50 to world beaters! Up the Borough!!

Arsenal, just thrashed Man Utd 4-1 at home with Willian, Walcott and RVP scoring the goals :D

Playing as Reading, after 18 games of first season I am on 45 points 9 clear of second place with 45 goals to boot also. Only signed one player in the summer (Jamie Mackie, £1.3million from Q.P.R) and he's now my top scorer on 9 goals. Entire team is full of confidence and on a 12 game undefeated streak in the league and has scored in every game this season. Beat Wolves in Carling Cup 4th round and I have Stoke away in the Quarter Final. Going into the new year with optimism and looking at promotion (fingers crossed), main target now is to assemble a squad that can avoid relegation next year. :)
Just thought I'd to this now I have finished the season, came 1st ahead of Burnley and West Ham and with 107 points and 103 goals, 25 points ahead of second place and reached quarters of both cups, getting knocked out by stoke on each occasion but I beat Man City 4-2 in the 4th round of the FA Cup so certainly a good run. Thinking of heading into the prem with an unchanged squad due to the poor financial state Reading are in due to a £17million debt to their chairman which is crippling me and I cant afford to sell anyone, are there any cheap players say under half a million pounds that could improve my squad or provide cover??

I got GIOVANI DOS SANTOS as s free transfer in 2013, now in 2017, he is 27 years old and has a market value of 17 MILLION !!!
he gets an average of 15 goals and assist per season and must be the most under-rated player i have ever come across.

IF YOU CAN GET HIM, DO SO, YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED

Got this latest FM for Christmas and started as Bristol City (as I normally do). Currently six months in and after a BIG wobble (lost 2-1 at home to Bristol Rovers in the League Cup amongst said wobble) but now top as January ends.

Here's my team so far. Skuse, Maynard and Spence are the only remnants of team at start of season.

View attachment 213662

January 2017 with Liverpool.
17 games unbeatable in a row in all competitions.

Hello Folks,

this is Germany calling (so sorry for my bad english). This is the first time I bought the Football Manager via Internet, because Germany is EA Country and that really sucks.

I have a little problem finding new players for my team so I hope you can get me some hints for buidling a good team.

I play with Leeds United and survived the playoffs and in my first year in the PL I ended on 8th place... so everything should be fine. But it ins't!! I have really problems to get new players. Everybody I want is not interested in joining my club.

I tried to get Lewandowski from Dortmund (really love this guy... and here I know it would not be easy), I tried Schipplock (from Nürnberg/Hoffenheim), I tried Schieber (from Stuttgart). You know I'm looking for a striker obvoiusly, but I can't make a deal.

Unfortunately the best player in my team and the absolute fan favorite (Robert Snodgrass) had a release fee clause and moved to Everton. So I have a lot of transfer budget, but I can't land quality players.

Some of my actual key players are:
Tim Krul (GK) bought from Newcastle and earned Golden Gloves Award in his first PL Season for Leeds United
Siem de Jong (Midfield) bought from Ajax who started slowly but improved in the season and finished really strong
Sebastian Maier (AM) bought from 1860 Munich... the fans are skeptic but he showed improvement
Chris Basham (DM) bought in my first year in charge and he is fundamental for the defense (Anchor Man)
Chris Livermore (DM/CM) a player who surprised me a lot, with his good defensive work
Tom Cairney (ML) from Hull who is also improving and I want him to play as a AML in the future
James (?) Tomkins also from Newcastle who is solid as a rock in my defense.

But starting the 2013 campaign could be tricky and I need an AMR, a Striker and an DR. So if you can throw in some names here I would be grateful (on a virtual way ;)).

YOU MUST BE DOING PRETTY DECENT TO BE EVENS WITH LIVERPOOL GOING INTO THE GAME

Third season as Forfar boss. Won the Second division first season at a canter. Second season, finished seventh, got rid of most of my team, players and backroom. Four games into the third season, beat Queens Park and Montrose in the League Cup and League Challenge Cup, drew with league favourites Dundee 2-2 and beat ralegated side Greenock Morton 2-0. Star men? Jamil Adam and Garvey Villarreal. Going for a strong finish near the top end of the table this season then mout a serious challenge once I have upgraded the training facilities and hopefully the stadium.