FM 2012 Progress - How is your game going?

did you at least win the match?

Yup-first league victory, after losing 4 on the bounce (all of them 1-0 in second half). Was a very badly needed win.

Yup-first league victory, after losing 4 on the bounce (all of them 1-0 in second half). Was a very badly needed win.

Have you checked the training schedules? Your guys must be tiring too easily and end up getting raped in the second half.

Have you checked the training schedules? Your guys must be tiring too easily and end up getting raped in the second half.

It's the schedule, but also some of the players. Some of the stamina bars are shockingly low, so will need to work on that. But 3 players are out injured at the moment, but are due to return in about a week. But need coaches badly too-but because of the lack of money, I can't get them in. Every single one I've tried so far (about two dozen) wants over £375 wage-but £375 is the max, so going to have to trawl the lists. Need a fitness coach urgently.

Pretty much why I like to start lower league-much more of a challenge

It's the schedule, but also some of the players. Some of the stamina bars are shockingly low, so will need to work on that. But 3 players are out injured at the moment, but are due to return in about a week. But need coaches badly too-but because of the lack of money, I can't get them in. Every single one I've tried so far (about two dozen) wants over £375 wage-but £375 is the max, so going to have to trawl the lists. Need a fitness coach urgently.

Pretty much why I like to start lower league-much more of a challenge

Start getting older guys in for trials and ask them to become coaches, then hire them as player/coaches and voilà. Of course you'll be paying them more than you'd pay a regular coach, but desperate times need desperate measures.

A random team generator just picked my first team for the new 2012 game...

FK Spartak Subortica of the Serbian First League. Just looked at my squad. Oh dear.

Start getting older guys in for trials and ask them to become coaches, then hire them as player/coaches and voilà. Of course you'll be paying them more than you'd pay a regular coach, but desperate times need desperate measures.

Pretty much. Managed to get the board to increase the number of coaches allowed which was vital-they were clearly overwhelmed. So plan for when I wake and play is sort the coaching out. May also give one of Duncs training schedules a try aswell. I don't normally get help in, but the situation is pretty dire. So I'm off to kip, then a busy day ahead. On the verge of leaving relegation zone though so that reduces the pressure a bit.

Doing very average with Anzhi or anji as they like to call it! lost my first 3 league games but still in the cup and now on a 2game winning streak in the league.. only problem is i started halfway through the ****** season!!! grrr!!

In the golden stage of getting an achievement every game or two, just got 'win 10 competitive matches in a row'

From day one of getting the job, I knew exactly what, or should I say who I wanted. Edinson Cavani. Obviously with only £2m to start with, I had to sell to buy, within about a week or so of taking over, I managed to sell Brad Jones, Maxi Rodriguez and Martin Skrtel, in the process bringing in £10.5m and wiping about £100k p/w off of the wage budget. This enabled me to bring in Cavani. £2m upfront and £24m over 48 months. I also managed to bring in Christian Eriksen from Ajax for £8m, who has proven to be an excellent purchase so far. To date, my starting eleven, when fully fit is:

I am using a 4-2-3-1 formation with 2 CM's and hopefully it all comes into place nicely, as seen below.

GK: Reina
RB: Johnson
CB: Carragher
CB: Agger
LB: Enrique

MCL: Adam
MCR: Lucas

AMR: Downing
AMC: Gerrard
AML: Suarez

ST: Cavani

Subs: Doni, Kelly, Wilson, Henderson, Eriksen, Bellamy, Carroll

I've played 5 league games so far this season
Liverpool 2-2 United
Liverpool 1-1 Everton (90th min equaliser)
Wolves 1-4 Liverpool
West Brom 1-3 Liverpool
Liverpool 4-0 Stoke

So after a slow start, it's coming into place nicely. I'm sitting 2nd in the league, level on points with United and Arsenal. Chelsea are top with 5 wins from 5, and West Brom are 5th!

First bad news of the season has just arrived, however. Suarez is injured, damaged cruciate ligaments, out for 9 months, out for the season, devastated.

Won treble with Man U first season. Trying out my tactic with lesser clubs and if it works I may upload it.

Test with Sporting Gijon - Currently 7th (media prediction 12th). Beat Madrid 2-1. Sevilla 3-1. Getafe 6-1. Mallorca 5-0.

Also tested with East Stirlingshire (demo version). Top of the league mid-season.

I'll finish both seasons and if results continue then I'll upload.

Leeds united

just downloaded from steam. started season with Leeds. lost first game to brighton 2 1, beat bury 5 0 in cup and beat derby 1 0. keogh and snodgrass in top form. signed coqulain on loan, parnaby and matterazzi on a free. anyone know any good championship players

My annual Wolves game (save from demo) is going very well so far. I sold Kevin Foley and George Elokobi to boost a modest transfer fund of £8m, and with the proceeds brought in Isaac Vorsah (DC) for £8.5m and Siphiwe Tshabalala (M/AM L/C) for £325k. Coming into January we were third in the table with some fantastic results behind us, the pick of the bunch being a 3-0 win over Liverpool at home and a 2-1 win over Chelsea at home. A 5-1 win over West Brom away was extremely gratifying.
Now we're into January and the board have raised the transfer funds available as well as the wage budget, so once more into the transfer market has seen the arrival of Andrea Dossena for £2.2m to shore up the weak left back problem, and a swoop for physical beast Wilfired (SC) from Vittesse for £2.5m to give us some much needed muscle up front. Leigh Griffiths has also been promoted to the first team squad after his pace and finishing stats improved drastically.

We're in the semi-final of the League Cup (1-1 against Birmigham after the first leg) and currently sit third in the Premier. With Vorsah and Wilfried on African nations duty and Dossena out with broken ribs it's going to be a while before the new look side start to gel, although Vorsah has been a revelation at the back next to Johnson.

Sitting pretty with Spurs, joint 3rd in the league at christmas. Only bought one player, Leandro Damiao for 35 million. Had to get Levy to purchase him after some gentle persuasion but his record speaks for itself 22 goals in 20 games (plus 3 from the bench)

League Cup semi final now against Fulham with Arsenal in the other tie, could be the first cup win of the season?!

Im playing FM 12 for the first time having resisted the urge to get the demo this year. So far ive been very impressed. Loving the new team talk system which gives you much more control and opportunity to get the best out of the players. Game sames much neater and far more polished than FM 11 was this time last year. The option to change the attribute colours is another cool option. So far so good though.

Liverpool is my first save and my first chance to get to grips with tactics and match engine. Not bad so far. Decent start. Should get a top 4 finish.

View attachment 199010 View attachment 199011 View attachment 199012

Last edited:
Started my Villarreal save. Why does Valero want to leave when he only signed permanently this summer? >.<

Rossi. <3