FM 2012 Progress - How is your game going?

Just finished my second season in 8th place with Wigan. Lost my Left Back though when the board stepped in to accept the offer of West Ham, who I hate! Matthew Briggs; Bought him for £2m and he was superb all season! But West Ham would not stop badgering me for him, putting in 500k bids with £3m over 36 months. Eventually, they bid £575k with £5m over 40 months and Whelan stepped in, the ****! I also sold Diamé to Catania for £7.5m because Mamaev was available who's CA was better than Diamés and he still had time to improve, got him for £8m, been cracking so far this season. Kyle Naughton has been superb at the back along with Kaboul and Wilson, all have 7.30+ over the whole season. Felipé Anderson is coming on brilliantly as well with McArthur in midfield. Another kid I've bought for cover at LB, after Briggs was stole off me is Nathaniel Clyne, he's been excellent in pre-season. I find I'm buying players I would never normally look at on FM11 but it's paying off brilliantly.

So I've started the 3rd season after playing 7 friendlies, winning 6 of them comfortably against teams like Schalke and Sporting CP and I have won the first 4 games of the season against Everton, Fulham, Villa and Bolton, scored 11, shipped 3 and beat Sheff Wed. 5 - 0 in the League Cup. Hopefully I can challenge for the title this season and keep up this form of 7 straight wins in the league (carrying on from last season). Will post screenies later.

Took over Torquay United in October, started my career with the club at 2nd bottom. And this is final position:

View attachment 199526

Possibly worst season I've had with LL club as far as I can recall. Absolute pants :(

Time for an overhaul of the squad and tactics tweaking

Gotta say this is my best comeback...3 games to go in the season the race for 2nd is close so dropping pts in this game and the next cannot happen! (I have City in the last game) Playing Fulham, who of all teams I never expected such an awesome start they went 3-0 up on 40 minutes...I thought it was gone...but a late first half goal from Van Persie gave us some hope...I ****** off at the break, let them know...Ultimately we won the game right at the death :)

View attachment 199527

The result gains us qualification for the Champs League....We play Barca in the Final...smashed Real Madrid 7-2 on aggregate in the Qtr Final, in the Semi we survived a scare against Dynamo Kyiv and went through to the final on away goals 4-4

Managing the team i support IRL, which is Man City..

Heres a screenshot of the first season

View attachment 199578

Second season is nearly finish, and abit more challenging.. Man UTD seems to be really good looking atm. Look at the goals my team has scored, im really satisfied! This is even without the corner cheat..

View attachment 199579

Thought id post a screenshot of my team best player, the kiddo Neymar. He is a beast for me

View attachment 199580

I'm doing my local team Aston Villa and we're currently riding on 5th Place 2 points behind Man City. Darren Bent and Wilfred Bony are banging in the goals :D

First save on the new fm took some getting used to.
Started with Man Utd as i do for every new FM game, first season in struggled to finish 3rd with a poor start to the season, had a champions league last 16 knockout to Real Madrid on away goals (their "winning" goal was a shot that hit the post and rebounded in off De Gea) but did managed to win the FA cup which im pretty sure saved me from being sacked.

Second season in with new signings Ganso and Ayew fitting in well im currently top at the start of December and doing well in all competitions. A change of formation and some more experience might show that the board were right not to sack me, i just hope the 4 month injury to Hernandez and 2 month to Rooney don't hamper me too much.

Well I started with Malaga and managed to get the boot before Christmas :mad:

Easily the worst ever game Ive had in the entire FM series, I dont know what happened but we couldnt buy a result, Demichelis and Van Nistelrooy, **** the entire first team were totally useless for me. Joaquim gets injured first match of the season for 4 months. My more defensive midfielders were nowhere near up to the standard of making a top 4 charge. Look at this team and tell me how it went so frekkin wrong?

GK Tim Krul
LB Maxwell
CBC Rafael Marquez
CBS Demichelis
RB Jesus Gamez
DLP Maresca
DM Toulalan
AMR Renato Agusto
AMC Julio Baptista
AML Santi Carzola
ST Van Nistelrooy

I was sacked in 15th place after a 6-0 tanking away at Sociedad. I have to ask how much tweaking do you guys do with player instructions once you have assigned everyone their roles? It seemed to me that everyone of my players was all over the shop and playing for themselves, a million miles away from the slick 1 touch footy I have played in Football Managers past.

Loving my Malaga Save atm, and wow hoo looking at the players i manage to bring in, im pretty sure i'll manage to get a European spot.

i completed the first season using Man Utd with ease, winning the champions league, premier league, FA cup and league cup. I also had an unbeaten record.

In season 2, it has become much harder even after buying better players like neymar and hulk. Matches are becoming boring to watch compared to first season where we were having more fluid play.

People who think that this game is too easy. Perhaps in the first season only.

I started my usual annual boro game to welcome in the new football manager after an up and down 1st season finished 14th, played some good football but couldnt finish for toffee, I made what i thought were some good signings on loan and free transfers some were good some complete flops, now im half way through second season and flying, im 2nd behind the relegated newcastle after selling some high earners and getting players from the famous boro academy and a couple in on loan, took me a while to get in to the new game but now i am addicted once again and now im hoping to get boro to the premier league and clear the clubs debt

Finally found a save where I can see going 2030+.

Bayen Munich (Munchen). Won the league easily, only losing one game. The treble was on, in the final of the Champions League and the DFB-Pokal. Lost both. ;_;

Lost 2-1 vs Koln in the DFB-Pokal, and lost 4-3 (AET) vs Barcelona.

The season was hampered by long term injures to Robben, Ribery, Lahm, Mario Gomez, Schweinsteiger and Toni Kroos, (Olic gets injured before both finals.) and I blew my budget on Leandro Damioa and had to sell Breno (22mil) to sign Castro to provide cover in nearly all positions.

Hopefully I'll get a nice sum of money to spend in the summer and increase that by selling Ribery, Robben and Mario Gomez and find players who can play 20+ games.

Tottenham file is early days but going fantastic...
Only 4 league games in however i beat Swansea 1-0 opening day, then won 2-0 at Stamford Bridge, 2-0 at home to Man City and 2-1 at Anfield. So all nice results. Unbeaten all comps though Uefa less convincing wins or draws as i dont rate it much...
Oh yeah my buys were Andre Ayew, Jordan Ayew coming in January and chanced the signing of Tevez for 30m with astronomical wages just to see how it goes...

bringing young talent into my arsenal squad, but im thinking of buying trevez. what's ur opinion people ?

bringing young talent into my arsenal squad, but im thinking of buying trevez. what's ur opinion people ?

sounds like a good idea mate tevez would help give balance with you bringing the kids in im doing it like that but for me the experience is far less glamarous in the form or barry robson

Just started the 2012/13 season as Chelsea. Did the double and got to the final of the Champions League:

- Won the league on the last day, in injury time Newcastle beat Man Utd, allowing me to clinch the title!
- Won FA cup 2-0 against West Brom
- Lost Champs League final against Barca, 1-0.
- Torres got top goalscorer in the League, 26 goals, 36 in all comps.

Bought Jesus Navas, and Jack Rodwell. Just started the new season, 2 wins against Swansea and QPR, lost to Man Utd 4-3 at the Bridge.

Playing as the mighty Luton Town, got promoted to the npower league 2 in my first season, pablo counago was an absolute beast for me and he was only a free agent, but without doubt the highlight of the season was beating city 1-0 in the fa cup 3rd round away from home and they were playing their first team!! Now going strong in the npower league 2 3rd place after 4 games, beat west hame at home 1-0 to make it to the 4th round of the carling cup (unbelievable their a prem club again) and bought in some great young players who were free agents although the board set me my minimum expectation as promotion. Absolutely loving this save!

Playing as Man Utd, fancied a challenge innit (I sucked @ Middlesbrough so wanted to ease - literally - myself into the game)

1st season: Comm Shield, League and League cup winners. Lost in CL final (on pens). Sold Fletcher (£16m) and Park (6m) for missing the pens.

2nd season: Lost Comm Shield to Chelsea, won league, beat in LC final by Newc (pens). Beaten by Marseille in CL semi.

3rd season: Won Comm Shield, top of league, qualified for 1st knockout in CL, into QF of LC (v Wolves) and still in FA cup.

Been at the club 876 days. Played 146, won 106, drawn 21 lost 19. Scored 339 conceded 99, 72% win ratio. Only staying till i win the CL then going for the boro job (currently in L1).

just finished my 2nd season winning promotion after finishing in 2nd position, Had some scares after goal keeper jason steele was injured for 4 games leaving me with rookies in goal i then lost 3 and drew 1 of these games luckily steele regained fitness for the final 8 games and i got back on course, had to go away to derby 2nd last game (they were 2nd at the time newcastle were 1st) who i was trailing by 2 points and managed to get a 5-3 win to put me in a good position, in my last game against nottingham forest i was drawing 1-1 in 92nd minute and their keeper was having a blinder until yaya sanogo popped up to score and send me jumping round the room, so im getting ready for the big time i saw tevez was still in the man city reserves so put in a cheeky 5.5m bid (his asking price was 51million) man city accpeted but tevez wasnt intrested which came as no suprise although im sure his 180k a week would have been abit out my range

Arsenal (April)
1st in Prem (5 point gap) - Unbeaten
2nd place Carling Cup
In the finals of FA Cup
In the semifinals of Champions League

sounds like a good idea mate tevez would help give balance with you bringing the kids in im doing it like that but for me the experience is far less glamarous in the form or barry robson

yeah, true. but man city want 50m for him :O and i can offer a loan, but only paying 30% of his wages. man city want more. stfu city :)

ahh well maybe next season i'll try, because somehow arsahvin, chamak and park are playing so well :p