FM Base EPL Fantasy Football League

Ive been looking at Aarons from Newcastle. Been pretty good in pre-season so ive heard. Just whether or not he'll start games.
Showed promise last season before his injury. Has been good pre season. Not sure will start a whole lot though.

Ive been looking at Aarons from Newcastle. Been pretty good in pre-season so ive heard. Just whether or not he'll start games.

I have also heard good things, may be worth sticking on the bench and investing the money saved elsewhere. I was impressed with him last season before injuries.

I have also heard good things, may be worth sticking on the bench and investing the money saved elsewhere. I was impressed with him last season before injuries.

After I said that I looked to see who I could swap him for on my bench. He's £5m and ive got Behrami thats £4.5. I lierally have no money haha

After I said that I looked to see who I could swap him for on my bench. He's £5m and ive got Behrami thats £4.5. I lierally have no money haha

Its hard for me to get the right balance in the team especially when I want to play 3-5-2 I am in the same boat spent up right to the cap need to look at freeing some cash up

Im on a 4-3-3 at the moment

I will probs do a little review of formations when I have time and put it up, just working on a bargain bucket post now, the view count in this thread went way up when I posted the Firmino profile so think it's way forward

edit it may not be done before tonight, the Firmino one was thrown together in 30 minutes may take a bit more time with this one.

I will probs do a little review of formations when I have time and put it up, just working on a bargain bucket post now, the view count in this thread went way up when I posted the Firmino profile so think it's way forward

edit it may not be done before tonight, the Firmino one was thrown together in 30 minutes may take a bit more time with this one.

I have:

GK - Speroni/Guzan
DEF- Richards/Darmian/Fonte/Azpilicueta/Alderweireld
MID- Hazard/Bolasie/Depay/Behrami/Wanyama
ST- Aguero/Rooney/Deeney

I have:

GK - Speroni/Guzan
DEF- Richards/Darmian/Fonte/Azpilicueta/Alderweireld
MID- Hazard/Bolasie/Depay/Behrami/Wanyama
ST- Aguero/Rooney/Deeney
that is pretty decent tbf, especially if decency scores goals in the prem even if he chips in with points every other week, solid defence too I was looking at Richards he is a snip at 4.5

edit scratch that I have Richards lol, got teams in 2 different games hard to keep up lol

Im on 343 like to have less defenders as they tend to cost you more points than not. And defenders get carded more than any other position.

ATM my team is-

GK Cech-Ruddy
Def Clyne-Creswell-Darmian-Janmatt-Morgan
MIDs Mahrez-Schweinstiger-Coutinho-Silva-Chadli
STR Costa-Sakho-Kane

Will most likely change. That was just a quick pick.

Im on 343 like to have less defenders as they tend to cost you more points than not. And defenders get carded more than any other position.

3 at the back is the way forward for the prem although in champs league last year I regularly went 4 at the back but it is easier you just pick atletico/juve defenders and count the points ;)

Bargain Bucket Part 1

I will do a series of short and sweet posts about players I feel are dirt cheap, will score points and supplement you cash to spend elsewhere. The plan being that a player worth say £5m will score around the same points as someone worth £7m-£8m. But I do not have a crystal ball I am only shooting the breeze, these ramblings are all my humble opinion. Will attempt to do a striker, midfielder and defender each time.

View attachment 240176

Rober Huth Defender
Leicester City 4.5 million

If you have followed the Premier League in the last 10 years you will no doubt know who this guy is, tough no nonsense centre half who has had spells at Chelsea, Boro, Stoke and now Leicester. You may think that Leicester will be relegation fodder and you may well be right. But last season they showed some great spirit and belief to eventually beat the drop and I think that they will have gained great confidence from that and take it in to this season. I also think that the appointment of Claudio Ranieri is a very shrewd one and one thing you can be certain of is his teams will be defensively well drilled. (but will he be able to stop tinkering ;) ). I think he will chip in with some clean sheets against the lower teams and if subbed correctly within your squad could be a decent point earner as you use the cash saved on purchasing him elsewhere.

View attachment 240167

Yohan Cabaye Midfield
Crystal Palace £6.5m

Yohan Cabaye is a player I very much like, and I believe this is a real coup for Palace and a statement of intent to attempt to get in the top 10 this season. When Pardew had him at Newcastle everything went through him, and you would imagine at palace it will much be the same but arguably he will have better pacier options in people like Bolasie. You also have Murray through the middle and the unknown quantity of Patrick Bamford on loan from Chelsea. Cabaye will be feeding all of this and looking to dictate the play, not the best goal return whilst at the magpies but he did have 7 in 19 before he moved to Paris. Cabaye could also have potential to net bonus points so at 6.5 could save you valuable cash to buy the big boys with whilst being a decent earner too.

View attachment 240166

Diafra Sakho Forward
West Ham £6.5m

Now this guy was gold dust if you had him in the early part of the season last year before he got injured, he finished The Hammers top scorer on 12 goals despite missing a chunk of the season due to injury and a dispute between West Ham and the Senegal national team. West Ham also have a new coach in Slaven Bilic and many are backing them to have a decent season, it will not be dull whatever happens with Bilic in charge. I am not sure if he will adopt this mythical West Ham way I keep hearing about, But I expect them to be more offensive than under Big Sam. Looking at their striking options they haven't really brought anyone in and when you put into context that he is worth £6.5m that has to be real steal.

Just want to say if other people want to chip in with posts about players or teams feel free just because I am chairman of the league doesn't mean I have a monopoly on information posts

I will do a series of short and sweet posts about players I feel are dirt cheap, will score points and supplement you cash to spend elsewhere. The plan being that a player worth say £5m will score around the same points as someone worth £7m-£8m. But I do not have a crystal ball I am only shooting the breeze, these ramblings are all my humble opinion. Will attempt to do a striker, midfielder and defender each time.

View attachment 917422

Rober Huth Defender
Leicester City 4.5 million

If you have followed the Premier League in the last 10 years you will no doubt know who this guy is, tough no nonsense centre half who has had spells at Chelsea, Boro, Stoke and now Leicester. You may think that Leicester will be relegation fodder and you may well be right. But last season they showed some great spirit and belief to eventually beat the drop and I think that they will have gained great confidence from that and take it in to this season. I also think that the appointment of Claudio Ranieri is a very shrewd one and one thing you can be certain of is his teams will be defensively well drilled. (but will he be able to stop tinkering ;) ). I think he will chip in with some clean sheets against the lower teams and if subbed correctly within your squad could be a decent point earner as you use the cash saved on purchasing him elsewhere.

View attachment 917438

Yohan Cabaye Midfield
Crystal Palace £6.5m

Yohan Cabaye is a player I very much like, and I believe this is a real coup for Palace and a statement of intent to attempt to get in the top 10 this season. When Pardew had him at Newcastle everything went through him, and you would imagine at palace it will much be the same but arguably he will have better pacier options in people like Bolasie. You also have Murray through the middle and the unknown quantity of Patrick Bamford on loan from Chelsea. Cabaye will be feeding all of this and looking to dictate the play, not the best goal return whilst at the magpies but he did have 7 in 19 before he moved to Paris. Cabaye could also have potential to net bonus points so at 6.5 could save you valuable cash to buy the big boys with whilst being a decent earner too.

View attachment 917441

Diafra Sakho Forward
West Ham £6.5m

Now this guy was gold dust if you had him in the early part of the season last year before he got injured, he finished The Hammers top scorer on 12 goals despite missing a chunk of the season due to injury and a dispute between West Ham and the Senegal national team. West Ham also have a new coach in Slaven Bilic and many are backing them to have a decent season, it will not be dull whatever happens with Bilic in charge. I am not sure if he will adopt this mythical West Ham way I keep hearing about, But I expect them to be more offensive than under Big Sam. Looking at their striking options they haven't really brought anyone in and when you put into context that he is worth £6.5m that has to be real steal.
Had Sakho last season and he was class for the price he cost. Think it was about 5m then, so still a bargain at 6.5M :)

Troy Deeney £5.5m

Seem's to be Watford's main man at the moment and has been for the last couple of seasons. And I think im right in thinking that he signed a new contract not long ago so it would seem he's still very much in the thinking for this season. If all this is the case then he really should be starting most games for Watford, and could reach 10 goals and a few assists. Of the promoted teams I expect Watford to challenge the most and could score a few goals on the way.

Having somebody like Deeney for that price and with the goalscoring record he has at Championship level its a no bariner as your third striker for me. Theres no reason not to think he could get his fair few this season aswell and almost certainly finish the season Watford's top scorer.

I expect him to start. But not sure how he will adapt to the Prem off the bat. Also im not convinced by Pools signings and if there gonna be creating a shed load or scoring a lot of goals. If that changes will defo have a look. Whats his price BTW?

The attack shouldn't be a problem this year, provided Rodgers doesn't **** around with positions. You could make a solid case for the midfield and attacking options being as strong as anything else in the league.

The cluster**** at the other end of the pitch is a WHOLE other issue.

The attack shouldn't be a problem this year, provided Rodgers doesn't **** around with positions. You could make a solid case for the midfield and attacking options being as strong as anything else in the league.

The cluster**** at the other end of the pitch is a WHOLE other issue.

Tbf the more I look at Firmino the more I like him as a signing, to me looks made for the EPL hope I am right because I am putting him in my team.

Tbf the more I look at Firmino the more I like him as a signing, to me looks made for the EPL hope I am right because I am putting him in my team.

I'm going to wait a couple of games into the season and see what Liverpool are playing like before chucking the likes of Firmino etc in. I'm even a bit hesitant about Clyne being in my team because of Rodger's "We don't defend" attitude, however with that attitude he's more likely to grab goals and assists and he's better going forward than defending anyway.

I'm going to wait a couple of games into the season and see what Liverpool are playing like before chucking the likes of Firmino etc in. I'm even a bit hesitant about Clyne being in my team because of Rodger's "We don't defend" attitude, however with that attitude he's more likely to grab goals and assists and he's better going forward than defending anyway.

Yeah, Clyne might actually be a L'pool defender worth taking this year given his attacking prowess. He's been developing a real good understanding down the right with Ibe pre-season. Who is another to really consider now he'll become an integral piece.