FM Base EPL Fantasy Football League

We are up to 14 participants, which is good but we can surely go to 30+. Will make more effort with the info posts in the coming week as I am off work, these have literally been thrown together in 30 minutes in between playing Vicki 2.

Probably throw a team up next Friday/ Saturday morning et.

I presume folk are using their screenie's here for their teams?

My team name is Buldooser 2.0(Its in Estonia and in English it means bulldozer)

So this is my team so far. I want to take so many players and cant decide. Midfield is the biggest problem. So many good players.
Any successions?

View attachment 920356

Looks great going forwards, looks weak at the back but you score most points with attacking players tbf.

OP updated with peoples teams and names who I know of, if anyone who joins could either PM me their team name or post it in here so I can add you to the list that would be great. Seriously CBA to write anything tonight had a hellish day at work so I am gunna open a few cold ones and relax on my pc, instead I will leave you with this short article and a list of set piece takers for each club, don't say I aqm not looking out for you all ;) .

Premier League Fantasy Football 2015/16 tips: The set piece takers who could make you a champion - Wales Online

Will look at putting up a list of injury doubts for the first games too could possibly be tonight not sure

Love the info posts! Could you write something about the goalkeepers?

Love the info posts! Could you write something about the goalkeepers?

yeah sure I can but try, will be next week Monday or Tuesday I am out tomorrow so Sunday will be write off I will try for morning if I get chance.

Last edited:
Ogorki Zdzislawa is my team. Prepare your ****.

Current lineup looks like this.

gtZIUKt.png

Thinking I'll kick out Clyne because you can't reasonable expect Liverpool to be solid in the back.

Last edited:
Goalkeepers

The Man In Net

Goalkeeper is a funny position in fantasy football they can be steady point earners or steady point sinks, but they only really score points from keeping a clean sheet although they do accumulate a point for every 3 shots saved. Last season's top keeper may surprise you, it was Lukas Fabianski the Swansea stopper was on fire in acquiring 151 points last season and still this season he is not in the top price bracket of 'keepers. So lets get to the nitty gritty!

Using one of the big 4 keepers is pretty much a safe bet to amass points with a goalkeeper, however one crucial thing to remember is that it takes up a valuable club spot that can be used by an outfield player. Joe hart was the top scoring keeper out of the top 4 clubs, however if you decide to opt for a top 4 keeper I would maybe not opt for the Citizens number 1, it looks like City are doing some serious transfer business this summer especially with Dzeko rumoured to be on his way out and Demerchelis aging another year and Mangala less than impressive I would maybe give him a miss this year.

Dave De Gea looks a solid bet to me and if United sign another CB he is probably the pick of the lot what with United strengthening the CM with 2 great signings in Schnei and Schwein, I expect that to help with there ability to snuff out attacks before they become a problem for the defence to deal with, however I now expect them to concede less shots so the bonus points gained for saves will probably be less and this is also another thing to consider with picking Courtois.

So this leaves Petr Cech, a legendary keeper, a superb acquisition for Arsenal as goalie has been something of a problem for them down the years. I will be honest for me they are still a DM short of being title challengers and it will be a true acid test to see if Coquelin can do it again this season and also over the full duration of the season, but FF wise Cech could be the pick of the keepers from the top 4 clubs. There will be no more Szczesny moments of madness and he will also be an asset in organising the defence. Also I do not expect them to be as porous defensively as City but unless they sign a top class DM they will still concede shots so you should get a fair crack at them juicy bonus points!

The 3 Goalies in the pictures (Mignolet, Fabianski and Adrian) made up 3 of the top 5 keepers last season, it is also worth noting that despite Liverpool having a porous defense last year Mignolet was also in contention for the golden glove award. It is also worth considering that these guys are also 0.5m cheaper than any of the top 4 goalies, which can be useful for money spent elsewhere. Fabianski and Adrian both played in teams that were defensively solid last year and I would probably expect that to be the case again this year but when the teams kick off again on the 8th. Both of them have unenviable opening games in Arsenal and Chelsea away but they have to play the big clubs sometime and getting them out the way early can be a blessing and they may catch them cold. Both are solid picks and good alternatives to a top 4 keeper as for Mignolet well the guy is a ******* enigma world class shot stopper one week absolute gash the next so my advice on him would be use him at your own risk.

The Back up keeper

This guy can be important as if your keeper gets injured or suspended you will not want to waste a transfer on replacing him, (well I personally wouldn't but to each their own). But I would recommend only spending the minimum on your backup as you will rarely use him, so what will £4m-£4.5m get you these days? Well first of all you want a starter for the simple fact you want point scoring potential and there is some solid picks at £4.5m in Brad Guzan, Tim Krul and Kasper Schmiechel. All 3 are solid shot stoppers andplay for clubs that will concede lots of shots and will also potentially keep clean sheets against the lesser teams. They will keep the points ticking over in the situation that your first choice keeper is out and also they're cheap!

Final Thoughts

Keepers keep the score ticking over, and can make the small difference between finishing top 10 and say top 3 in your mini league, there is also an alternative strategy you could pick 2 5m rated keepers and rotate them depending who has the easier fixtures. Goalie is a difficult one sometimes because they do not have that much point scoring potential so most people play it safe with a top 4 keeper myself included. Hope I have given you food for thought and not rambled too much, have a good day and thank you for reading also we are up to about 20 in the league now so its looking good!

The thumbnails was pics that didn't fit can't get rid of them, hope you like the post lxl ra lxl

My 11 so far

Cech
Darmian-Mertersaker-Azpi
Mata-Silva-Coutinho-Memphis
Ayew-Sakho-Kane

Just joined and my team:
Gks - fabianski and krul
Def - jagielka, ivanovic, ogbonna, Coleman and Ashley Williams
Mid - clasie, hazard, zaha, wilshere, van ginkel
Forwards - lukaku, agüero and gomis
Exactly 100 mil

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Just gunna give this a bump would not expect a mini blog off me today, only just got in from Saturday night but after a sleep you never know!

edit 23 participants cool well on our way to 30

I'm in, will upload a screenshot of my team is...

GK: Cech (Krul)
DEF: Bertrand, Ivanovic, Moreno (Bellerin, Fonte)
MID: Mata, Puncheon, Henderson, Delph, Young
ATT: Lukaku, Aguero (Rodriguez)

I have a few changes in mind though, good luck lads

2014 last season
2133 2013/2014

Points should be higher this season due to the new bonus things you can use (triple captain etc)