Well... ****

View attachment 235334
With Nat. Fitness of 13, I'll be hoping he manages to keep his core attributes intact. Mendez is also injured, he misses 5 days.

View attachment 235323View attachment 235316

The FA Cup 4th Round

Build Up

FM Base

View attachment 235322
Since the FA Cup 3rd round, FM Base have not had the best of times. Two simple wins were followed by two disappointing draws, as injuries hit hard, and sloppy play hit harder. On the other hand, Ibrahimovic found his striking boots, hitting 2 goals in the 4 games.

Line Up

View attachment 235321

With no right sided wingers, FM Base find themselves in a bit of a quandary. FM Base have played a flat 4-4-2 all season, but with WHU in town, a slightly more defensive formation is necessary.

With the addition of a CAM, Mendez is first on the team sheet, having recovered from a bruised rib. The striker sorts himself, as Jamie Williams is guaranteed first choice. Roberts and Deadpool fill the bench should the need for a second striker occur.

Charlie McGhee takes the right side of midfield, given some promising perfomances on return from injury. However, it looks likely that he and Lippo will switch during the match as necessary.

Thunderfoot pinches the right back slot, as Scott plays CM with Del Conte. Pen taker Trott starts at left back, with the constant pairing of Bullardinho and Burrito at CB. The BB pairing has been solid throughout the season so far, and is well deserving of recognition.

The keeper spot has been hard fought throughout the season. Naterr takes his place between the sticks though, as a niggle in training means Pedersen is only fit to start from the bench. Joining him on the bench is Ibra and Cannon, who are likely to be used as impact subs should it be necessary.

West Ham

View attachment 235320

By all accounts, West Ham are having a very good season. 5th in the Premier League, and unbeaten since the 3rd round. On paper, this tie looks to be a cracker.

Last Match Line Up

View attachment 235318

One thing we do have going for us is that Tomkins is unlikely to play. Williams should be able to run rings around Distin. Diafra Sahko, their top scorer, also misses the game, but Valencia and Carroll are seasoned veterans at the highest level, and we will do well to concentrate on keeping them in check.

Well... ****

View attachment 929198
With Nat. Fitness of 13, I'll be hoping he manages to keep his core attributes intact. Mendez is also injured, he misses 5 days.

Nooooo!!! Serves me right for mocking lippo I guess karma is a b*tch matty pattinson is dead to me. Also, harsh lippo a broken leg and all you think about is playing time. With all these injuries that contract length is good.

Nooooo!!! Serves me right for mocking lippo I guess karma is a b*tch matty pattinson is dead to me. Also, harsh lippo a broken leg and all you think about is playing time. With all these injuries that contract length is good.

No doubt Karma will bite me as well! Probably have to finish the game against West Ham with 2 broken legs :p

View attachment 235311View attachment 235310

FA Cup 4th Round

FM Base vs West Ham United

Lineups

View attachment 235308
The Match

First Half

One minute in, and we had a goal. Unfortunately it was one for West Ham. Carl Jenkinson was allowed all the time in the world on the right, and Enner Valencia gleefully volleyed home the cross.

View attachment 235305

It got worse for us five minutes later, as the Ecuadorian tapped home a Downing pass within the box to double the Hammers' lead. Our defence had been all at sea yet again, and we were deservedly losing.

View attachment 235302

With 25 minutes gone, the 4-2-3-1 was clearly not working. Mendez was given the instruction to play as an impromptu striker as we reverted back to the 4-4-2 that had been relatively successful so far during the season. Apart from a Burrito booking though, that was it for the half.

Second Half

Having been treated to the hairdryer, FM Base went back out unchanged, Mendez still playing off of Williams as a striker. Not that it helped though, as on 48 minutes, a Noble corner was swung in onto the head of Kouyate, who buried the header. 3-0, 48 mins gone and the FA Cup dream was fading miserably.

View attachment 235298

The next real incident of note was in our favour. Lippo put in a corner which Del Conte rose quickest to, and it looped over the keeper. 1-3, 63 mins on the clock.At this point, I went all in. Off came Mendez, Williams and McGhee, on came Roberts, Deadpool and Ibrahimovic. Lippo moved out to the wide right, whilst Trott was instructed to be more attacking behind the Swedish wing wizard.

View attachment 235295

The changes paid off. A Trott throw in found Deadpool on the edge of the box. He slid it across to Cap'n Scott, who smashed a first time shot into the far corner. The keeper was helpless, the WHU defence all at sea. The crowd were on their feet, and for the first time in the match, the play was coming from us. 2-3, 66 mins.

View attachment 235291

In the 74th min, Thunderfoot had a throw on the right deep in the WHU half. With little support coming forward, Roberts came out of the box to receive it, before dinking it through to Lippo on the edge of the box. The Aussie took it past two defenders, looked up, and slid it into the far corner. 3-3, and a dramatic turn around. Pandemonium broke out, we were still in the cup. With 16 mins to go, anything was possible.

View attachment 235288

The next 10 mins saw us press forward, but it had a consequence. 86 on the clock, and Naterr had a goal kick. Some poor play in midfield saw Enner Valencia clean through, one on one, with a hattrick in sight. The crowd waited with baited breath, expecting the inevitable.

View attachment 235287

View attachment 235286

Wide!

A horrible shot really, he shanked it well wide after some good closing from Naterr. The last chance to win a manic game, as it finished all square at 3-3.

View attachment 235283

Post Match

So, 3-3. Deserved or not, we remain in the cup. A poor start should have cost us dearly, but a never say die attitude brought us kicking and screaming back into the game. We now have a glamorous home game against Macclesfield to look forward to, but a trip to the Boleyn Ground beckons in our near future, so there is everything to play for.

Match Report

View attachment 235280

Match Stats

View attachment 235279

Team Ratings

View attachment 235278

FA Cup 5th Round Draw

View attachment 235277

A potential home game against Leeds awaits us if we dump the Hammers out on their own turf. It's a big ask, but we could yet go far in this competition.

6.2?!? Geez McGhee - get your head in the game lad!!!

View attachment 235272

Pfff goals and assists we all know that my moral support from the sideline is what proved key to three goal comeback. Give me an F give me an M BASE what do you get FM Base (FC)

Clearly you need to start Hallgrimur in the replay. Out with the Aussie, in with the Viking! :D

View attachment 235053View attachment 235054

FA Cup 4th Round Replay

FM Base Pre Match Build Up

Guaranteed Starters & Likely Formation

View attachment 235048

Injured:
Del Conte, Donaghy, Litmanen

With our cup game being an away trip, we go for a more defensive formation. As above, only 3 spots are guaranteed the day before the match. CJ Lippo on recent form is simply undroppable, and we'll be looking for him to lead the attack from the left. The centre backs are also dead certs.

Up front is an issue, with Williams off the boil in recent matches. Both Deadpool and Roberts impressed off the bench last time, so it is likely to be between them for the one spot.

Del Conte's torn hamstring rules him out, so a CM spot is available. Mendez will be looking for a more impressive performance, whilst Patrik and Cameron are both pushing for starts.

As always, the keeper spot is unclear, with both players in serious contention.

Last edited: