FM Base Internationals - Results Thread

Currently waiting on Ireland/USA's matchups. Once I have those, RII's fixtures can go up.

Weiry and I are going to be playing Friday night eastern time saturday afternoon in australia; that will count towards round 1 :)

For the record, I don't mind which Irishman supplies the number, so long as I have them by close tonight. Mine will be cc'd to Lippo before I get the numbers that match up.

Has anyone heard from c0y0te or theJoshster before we start RII?

Also Znik, PM's need clearing

Last edited:
Round 2 fixtures are on the first page, to begin Sunday.

Hmm, a rematch against DC eh? Hope it goes better than the WC game went :p

Just the small task of beating the 2015 world cup winner then, piece of cake! :p

Hmm, a rematch against DC eh? Hope it goes better than the WC game went :p

Really looking forward to this, as always I'm expecting a tough game. Your tactics are second to none!

Meanwhile, it's the battle of the two water loving animals for me!

I fear the might of Matt Ryan might be too much for Cristiano Ronaldo and Zlatan!

Dont forget the goal scoring prowess of Matt Leckie at the other end either. You're really up against it mate!

R1: Australia v USA

What a game this was! To decide the series between Australia and The US of A.

The matched kicked off and the first highlight we saw was a free kick to the Aussies. Eden Hazard whipped the free kick into the box. The ball bounced past everybody and found Luis Suarez who slotted it in comfortably.

Australia 1 - USA 0

The US soon equalized in the 14th minute with Marco Reus easily beating a few Australian defenders and slotting it home.

Australia 1 - USA 1

In the 34th minute the Aussies had a golden opportunity to go ahead after some fine play which saw Eden Hazard taken out in the box by Daley Blind. I was so sure that Hazard would convert that I was already planning on changing my tactics to defensive to close out the half. But, boy was I wrong Hazard stepped up to take the penalty a well struck penalty but shot right into The Americans Goalkeeper in Hugo Lloris.

The Americans then found themselves ahead at the break after Homegrown Midfielder Michael Bradley buried one from top of the box. A sensational strike and would say "Made the Manager's Team Talk and Halftime much harder"

Half Time: Australia 1 - USA 2

In the second half both sides came out eager to score and for the Aussies they did just that. Eden Hazard made up for the missed penalty slotting it in after a Paul Pogba through ball.

Australia 2 - USA 2

The rest of the match was a cracker with both sides looking to find that one goal. Each side had their chances but were unable to convert (Including substitute Alvaro Morata scoring but being later ruled offside)

Full Time: Australia 2 - USA 2

View attachment 182118

Big thanks to Mkmillwall it was a cracking match and a pleasure to play you. I feel that the result was the right one and nothing could separate the two sides. (Ignore the logos they're for my custom database must've carried over lol)

The Auld Enemies face off once more as England played Scotland in the Ullevaal Stadion in Oslo, Norway. It was England that held a slim advantage going into
the FM Base International Series (Round One) fixture with Game 1 between AW190 and EoinMcG ending in a spectacular 4-4 draw and then Game 2 between Matt419 and DaveyJones threw up another 8 goal thriller but this time England took the spoils in a 5-3 victory.

In the third and final game of this Round One Series it was Godfish93 against Grianaig.

Kick-off
England 0-0 Scotland

Both teams kicked off with what looked like the same formation and both looking for a win. And the first action of note occured in the 17th minute when the Scotland centre-half Sergio Ramos picked up an early yellow card. But the deadlock was broken in the 21st minute when Scotland scored on the counter attack. Mario Gótze setting up Daniel Sturridge to knock the ball into the net after an excellent break away move.

21 mins
England 0-1 Scotland

Immediately after this England made a tactical substitution when Godfish93 removed Cesc Fabregas was replaced by Gonzalo Higuain. Four minutes later, there was a massive moment in the match when the referee showed Sergio Ramos a second yellow card followed by the inevitable red card for a trip on England substitute Higuain. This led to a shuffle in the Scotland squad as Mario Gótze was the unfortunate player who had to be taken off to allow Mario Fernandez to take Eric Dier's spot at right back after he moved in to partner Javier Mascherano in the centre of defence.

Half-time

England 0-1 Scotland

Half time arrived with nothing else to really write about both sides squandering chances to score. So the second half kicked off with Scotland holding onto a slim 1-0 lead despite being down to 10 men. Two minutes into the second half, England made their second change to the team on the pitch as Neymar comes on to replace Ilkay Gúndogan as they tried to take advantage of the extra man. But it was Scotland that took England by surprise as they scored a second following great play. Substitute Mario Fernandez won a header against Neymar and nodded it forward where James Rodríguez played a simple pass to Artura Vidal. He then lofted a pinpoint ball up to Daniel Sturridge who lost the defenders marking him and smashed the ball past Petr Cech.

58 mins
England 0-2 Scotland

England made their third and final substitute when Luke Shaw replaced David Alaba following Sturridge's second goal. Less than 10 minutes later England gave themselves a lifeline following neat footwork in the box. Koke found Raheem Sterling with a low pass into the box who passed it first time with his left foot to Robert Lewandowski. He then squared it to Gonzalo Higuain who lost his marker and knocked the ball past a sprawling Marc-André ter Stegen.

67 mins
England 1-2 Scotland

After 74 minutes Scotland made a double substitution to try and see out the last 15 minutes. Emre Can coming on for a tiring Eric Dier and Harry Kane replacing two-goal hero Daniel Sturridge. And despite a lot of pressure from a strong England side, Scotland managed to see out the rest of the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Big thanks to Godfish for being patient with me while I tried to figure out WTH I was doing.

Good game and I think it could have went anyway.