FM Base Story Awards: Interest & Idea's Thread.

I am happy to go with that as long as people don't think it will get too confusing?

So we start nominations for the early bird now & open the poll at months end?

Also I want to contact a Mod to see if its possible to get the S.O.T.Y. forever stickied at the top of the FM15 story section as their reward, thoughts?

I am happy to go with that as long as people don't think it will get too confusing?

Also I want to contact a Mod to see if its possible to get the S.O.T.Y. forever stickied at the top of the FM15 story section as their reward, thoughts?

Would be easy enough to do.

Sounds good, and if we have an official Awards thread, where the winners are announced, get that stickied too if possible

Sounds like a plan. What I'd suggest we do is open a new thread and each player submits their chosen story along with a straw-poll.

If they get enough votes, they're added to the main thread where the accepted nominations are discussed and chatted about.

I think it just makes it fairer if each user can only nominate one story per catagory; but they don't have to stick with one story across all catagorees. I'd put my ill-fated Kia-Ora story in the "best appearances catagorey" but my Liverpool story in everything else :p

Sounds good, and if we have an official Awards thread, where the winners are announced, get that stickied too if possible

There will definitely be a separate thread for the polls & award nominations & winners etc. so that is not a bad idea as well.

Sounds like a plan. What I'd suggest we do is open a new thread and each player submits their chosen story along with a straw-poll.

If they get enough votes, they're added to the main thread where the accepted nominations are discussed and chatted about.

I think it just makes it fairer if each user can only nominate one story per catagory; but they don't have to stick with one story across all catagorees. I'd put my ill-fated Kia-Ora story in the "best appearances catagorey" but my Liverpool story in everything else :p

I like the idea for the thread organisation. I'm not sure about the nominations though, I was thinking that people couldn't nominate their own stories, but whichever way people would prefer works I guess

I like the idea for the thread organisation. I'm not sure about the nominations though, I was thinking that people couldn't nominate their own stories, but whichever way people would prefer works I guess

Yeah, I'd say you can't nominate your own story.

Either or. I'm just throwing out ideas :)

ye bastards! I'd finished that Liverpool story. Now I want to return to it and keep going :p

Either or. I'm just throwing out ideas :)

ye bastards! I'd finished that Liverpool story. Now I want to return to it and keep going :p

I don't think many people would complain if you did! Though there's no doubt even if you didn't that it would still be up for consideration in October!

If people would like to use this thread to suggest stories for the judges to look at for the following categories it would be much appreciated....

Best presentation

Best writing

Best new comer

Best short story

Most dedicated follower

Would hate to miss out on a great story because we have overlooked something!

One award that might have been mentioned earlier (I skimmed through this ...sorry!)

Would be for a member here who does many stories throughout the year?

I know there are a few members who seem to always have a good quality story on the go throughout the entire year which deserve recognition.

coolmcool is one of the people I think of for this as he always has a good story on here and it is updated daily!

just a thought...

This is a great idea, Many storys die because of lack of comments, likes & interest. this could keep storys going and be encouraging for others to get involved as a competition as we surely are all competitive.

This is a great idea, Many storys die because of lack of comments, likes & interest. this could keep storys going and be encouraging for others to get involved as a competition as we surely are all competitive.
Why'd
you think I started a new story! Hope to get Newcomer of the Year if I'm good enough...

Won let me quote for some reason so.....

Naterr - Yeah, that is definitely one we will look at in the future, just want to keep this first one simple to see how it runs. If all goes well the end of year one will be much bigger. :)

Aldo - That is one of the goals mate, to give people something to look forward too & compete for.

Lewie - Just caught your story, keep it up you may be in with a shout! ;)

That's why I would like people to use this thread, with so many stories running it easy to miss something, I don't care if you want to throw your own story up there, it all helps! :)

Question: Can a story win the Early Bird award, the 2nd half award and Overall award at the same time or if story A wins the early Bird award, it cannot run of the 2nd half award?

Question: Can a story win the Early Bird award, the 2nd half award and Overall award at the same time or if story A wins the early Bird award, it cannot run of the 2nd half award?

My understanding is the early bird award is for the best story written up until the point that the votes are taken. The yearly awards will include all stories, including those that were up for the early bird award.

Yeah these are just a belated half yearly awards, has no bearing on the end of year results.

Just adds interest & gives us a chance to see how things work really.

Looks interesting! Lets hope people find my stories interesting. :)

My understanding is the early bird award is for the best story written up until the point that the votes are taken. The yearly awards will include all stories, including those that were up for the early bird award.

Yeah these are just a belated half yearly awards, has no bearing on the end of year results.

Just adds interest & gives us a chance to see how things work really.

I see

So just to clarify, "Story A" can win both bi-yearly (Oct-Mar and Apr-Sept) awards? And the bi-yearly awards have no affect on the end of year results Sorry for these stupid questions, I just want to make sure I got everything as I'm very interested in it.

If i may give a suggestion, Is it possible for a Best Non-European Story Award since the majority of the stories here are based in Europe and it may give players incentives to make a story outside Europe?