Just a bump & a reminder for the captains to start talking their homegrown players & preferred tactics/roles etc. over with their team mates ahead of the draft. I know some teams have already decided on theirs.

Also have updated the squads on the previous page, with captains highlighted in green. :)

That green is a bit iffy to read, not much difference really. Put it in Bold will help it? :)

We're hoping to get the draft kicked off not long after new year, so if people are wanting to join, or are considering it, just go for it and take the plunge. We need one more US participant, which would give us 7 teams. 6 we can work with, 7 would be much cooler.

A further word on the captain's draft, that will take place in a similar fashion to the FM Base World Cup one of last fm. Means people can see what is happening, and makes our life easier than trying to co-ordinate 6 people to be on at one time.

English team-mates, any ideas then send them to my inbox, and I will look when I can. I have a few ideas, but anything else is better.

Also, just while we're going here, anyone wanting to join but worried about getting numbers for their specific country, we are also open to more co-op teams like the Scandinavian one. 6 teams is good, 7 would be better, 8 would be awesome! ;)

I notice a lot of guests browsing the thread, if you don't have an account, sign up & get involved. Its free & trust me, its the most fun you'll have playing FM :D

Well, I'll give this a bump (this is what happens when I'm gone for a few weeks). Seems USA have three members already, but I'll stick my name in as a Yank; looking forward to beating all of you :) also, i'll need someone to clue me in on how the whole draft/tactics stuff works (Lippo?)

Well, I'll give this a bump (this is what happens when I'm gone for a few weeks). Seems USA have three members already, but I'll stick my name in as a Yank; looking forward to beating all of you :) also, i'll need someone to clue me in on how the whole draft/tactics stuff works (Lippo?)

That confirms the USA as our 7th competing member. Me and Lippo will announce the captain in due course.

For now, the draft isn't too important. We can cross that bridge at a later point, but I'll be PM'ing the captains in detail about it before we start.

That confirms the USA as our 7th competing member. Me and Lippo will announce the captain in due course.

For now, the draft isn't too important. We can cross that bridge at a later point, but I'll be PM'ing the captains in detail about it before we start.

Looking forward to this - so much so that I guess I'll announce that the FMBWC will probably be postponed until after this just so that membership and commitment to this isn't stifled. Great idea gents!

Captain No.7 - MkMillwall! Come on folks, let's get team 8 on the go, and then we are good to start.

Captain No.7 - MkMillwall! Come on folks, let's get team 8 on the go, and then we are good to start.

Any ideas on what country could join? Maybe second English one or something..

Also noticed some teams have more than 3 members; how will that work?

Any ideas on what country could join? Maybe second English one or something..

Also noticed some teams have more than 3 members; how will that work?

Davis Cup style, captains pick the three that take part in that tie, which can include themselves or not.

Davis Cup style, captains pick the three that take part in that tie, which can include themselves or not.

Fair enough; although if there isn't an obvious 8th team, I'm sure a few more Brits could be found, right? .. just a thought.

Fair enough; although if there isn't an obvious 8th team, I'm sure a few more Brits could be found, right? .. just a thought.

Plausibly, yes. Might be worth seeing if any of the FMBWC members want to join us as well, that would boost numbers.

Ok, so we have 7 confirmed teams now. At the moment I'm thinking we could run with an A-League style League & final series format whereby every team plays each other 2 or 3 times & the top 4 qualify for the knock-out finals?

Thoughts on that?

This is, of course, assuming we can't wrangle another team in the next few days...

Ok, so we have 7 confirmed teams now. At the moment I'm thinking we could run with an A-League style League & final series format whereby every team plays each other 2 or 3 times & the top 4 qualify for the knock-out finals?

Thoughts on that?

This is, of course, assuming we can't wrangle another team in the next few days...

Sounds like a plan, I'd be tempted to say until Sunday night for new members, then we can open up the draft on Monday.

Sounds like a plan, I'd be tempted to say until Sunday night for new members, then we can open up the draft on Monday.

Yep, I'd be happy with that. Get this show on the road!

I suppose I should try to do up some graphics?

Yep, I'd be happy with that. Get this show on the road!

I suppose I should try to do up some graphics?

Can do, I'll start working out the various logistics of fixtures etc and getting the skeleton of the created file ready in the meantime.

Can do, I'll start working out the various logistics of fixtures etc and getting the skeleton of the created file ready in the meantime.

If you guys need any help, just let me know. Also, what do you suggest is the easiest way for me to get in touch with my teammates?

If you guys need any help, just let me know. Also, what do you suggest is the easiest way for me to get in touch with my teammates?

I'd probably go with PM to begin with then add each other on Steam?

As it stands, I have a provisional fixture list compiled based on Lippo's A-League suggestion earlier, working on the idea that we only have 7 teams. Should that remain the case on Sunday, I'll release the fixtures ahead of the draft.