[FM11.3]Zero Sea's Fairyland --Gorgeous,Let Weak Teams Play like Strong Teams!

I have much shots but a lot less Clear Cut Chances then with V3, I'm playing V4 with Bayern at the moment. How do I get more CCC? And away I get much less result then home, the defence isn't that great, what should I do?

followed everything in the opening Post but you havent mentioned O.i. What O.i do you use Zero sea

Used to be a big fan of this tactic. But seems its waay to leaky in defence with the new Patch. Have tried V3 and V4, and both are really leaky in defence. Can you try to do something about this Zero Sea?

Yeah, I have to say it too: been having defensive problems with this tactic on new patch.

V4 is definately the tactic that has yielded overall best performance for me in 1.3. However, I've got a couple of questions.

The defense seems a bit lacking. I have no problems scoring goals, but there must be some way to switch 3-2 victories into 3-0, especially those matches where the opposition actually manages to pull back in the latest minutes. As an attempted tweak to this I have unchecked hold up ball from all defenders and roam from position on central defenders, and this seems to have had some success, although i'm still conceding a bit too much.

How do you think offside trap would work, if your defenders have above average pace and positioning?
Also, I have tweaked the creative freedom somewhat in defense, as I can't really understand why all players should have it maxed out...

I've also started holding off using the controll tactic until I am at a two goal lead, since it doesn't seem to stop the opposition from scoring at least once, which again renders me less likely to actually score more since the attacking play isn't equally lethal. It just sucks to be up 1-0 and then concede at 83 minutes and have to switch back to normal version...

Anyway, I hope you get to tweak your defense a bit and perfect this otherwise excellent tactic, Zero Sea.

FYI: I've done most of my testing with Arsenal, including the defensive tweaks I mentioned above, so the quality of players shouldn't be an issue. I've also done seasons with Birmingham, Sunderland, Leeds, Middlesbrough and Atletico Madrid, all with relative success, but still the same issues.
I do understand however, that the settings with maxed out creativity and roam/hold up will have a negative effect on lower league teams.

Anyone with some insight to this?

Last edited:
V4 is definately the tactic that has yielded overall best performance for me in 1.3. However, I've got a couple of questions.

The defense seems a bit lacking. I have no problems scoring goals, but there must be some way to switch 3-2 victories into 3-0, especially those matches where the opposition actually manages to pull back in the latest minutes. As an attempted tweak to this I have unchecked hold up ball from all defenders and roam from position on central defenders, and this seems to have had some success, although i'm still conceding a bit too much.

How do you think offside trap would work, if your defenders have above average pace and positioning?
Also, I have tweaked the creative freedom somewhat in defense, as I can't really understand why all players should have it maxed out...

I've also started holding off using the controll tactic until I am at a two goal lead, since it doesn't seem to stop the opposition from scoring at least once, which again renders me less likely to actually score more since the attacking play isn't equally lethal. It just sucks to be up 1-0 and then concede at 83 minutes and have to switch back to normal version...

Anyway, I hope you get to tweak your defense a bit and perfect this otherwise excellent tactic, Zero Sea.

FYI: I've done most of my testing with Arsenal, including the defensive tweaks I mentioned above, so the quality of players shouldn't be an issue. I've also done seasons with Birmingham, Sunderland, Leeds, Middlesbrough and Atletico Madrid, all with relative success, but still the same issues.
I do understand however, that the settings with maxed out creativity and roam/hold up will have a negative effect on lower league teams.

Anyone with some insight to this?

i played Inter with V4 tactics , so far i have great defense , maybe because i have 2 superb DC in my team (lucio + samuel).

before match i always edit O.I , if you`r lazy maybe you should hire "Best" Asst Manager to auto pick O.I for you.

Hey dude, could you fix v4 version? I lost 9 matches in a row, now my Sunderland is last in the table! I remember, when with V3 I crushed City 9:1... I want this tactic back! :(

working unbelievably awesome for me in my Newcastle save
Set pieces are unstoppable
using the control tactic for few games just to mix up to avoid AI kicking in still scoring for fun (villa 4-0)
noticed that the ST on right seems to score on other gets loads assists or maybe that is just my strikeforce ... kadlec (left) benitez (right)

Last edited:
working unbelievably awesome for me in my Newcastle save
Set pieces are unstoppable
using the control tactic for few games just to mix up to avoid AI kicking in still scoring for fun (villa 4-0)
noticed that the ST on right seems to score on other gets loads assists or maybe that is just my strikeforce ... kadlec (left) benitez (right)

Wow that is working seriously well for you. Is that on the new patch 11.3?

Im running V3 on 1.2 old I know, If anything Im a mid table team who gets turned over by bigger sides (I have a strong side) more often than not, rarely have a clean sheet, I get about 100 corners a game only for my CB (best jumper and heading) to rise above everyone and aim it at the goal keeper 8/10 times, How can I have a CB JOINT top scorer on 10 goals for my team and STILL be mid table, FM11 Cheats like crazy.

As a rule i like this tactic. Won the championship and FA Cup with Cardiff and then hit the premier league. Got smashed 8-1 by Man U, 7-0 by Chelsea and 5-0 by Man City, all at home!!!!!

I think there are some defensive problems with this tactic :)......

Any Tips to help my extremely leaky defence???

As a rule i like this tactic. Won the championship and FA Cup with Cardiff and then hit the premier league. Got smashed 8-1 by Man U, 7-0 by Chelsea and 5-0 by Man City, all at home!!!!!

I think there are some defensive problems with this tactic :)......

Any Tips to help my extremely leaky defence???

Good defenders are easy to come by in FM11, Fantastic defenders sadly all have HUGE wage bills and massive transfer fees to accompany them.
I consider 60k The most I will spend on a players wages if that helps.
I have Kompany, Breno (crazy little brazilian) Rossi, anton ferdinand (can also play as emergency left back)as my main back 4 that rotate, breno, rossi, and anton were all free, only kompany I paid for, in HIS FIRST game he got sent of for Violent conduct in the first 10 minutes so I fined him two weeks wages now all he does is say how much he hates me. anton and breno are both on lower wages than rossis and kompany who are both on 58,000

As for left and right backs with this tactic they only needs to have good pace, positioning, stamina, and tackling (14 or above) You could try looking at a lad called "Clyne" you should find him playing for Crystal palace young and cheap (2 to 4.5 mill) he will improve to a top class prem RB
As for a left back this has been my problem area for some time but I use a guy called "grimi" an agrentinian cheap or maybe even free I cant remember but does a solid job and is rated three stars if any of your team is rated below three stars then you really need to strengthen that part of your squad.

Fletcher of wolves has been on my want list for ages now but I reckon they want around 12 million for him and his wages will be at least 75k a week, just plain greedy!

Last edited:
Hi guys I'm getting decent success with this tactic for my Man City team (V4 on the most recent patch)

My squad is:
GK: Hart, Given
DEF: Toure, Kompany, Boateng, Richards, Lescott, Kolarov, Zabaleta, Boyata
MID: Toure, De Jong, Barry, Milner, Pastore, Silva, Johnson, SWP, Vieira
ATT: Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli, Jo

I tend to dominate games but having trouble scoring the goals, has anyone changed the striker settings? Who is best the Playmaker and who is best as Target Man?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.