FM13 Possession Tactic Barcelona Tiki-Taka Domination Extreme 4-3-2-1 by Passion4FM

Composure, anticipation, decisions and off the ball is equally important

Hi mate,
I have seen your site and just have a doubt: what's the difference between the two tactics ? One says shout at the end of the file name, the other does not say shout.

Hi mate! I just wanted to say i'm following you in youtube too and saw you are trying to create such a Tiki Taka tactic from the minute FM 2013 came out!
This tactic is amazing i'm using it with Man.City at 2020 and the results are great.
This is the best possession tactic iv'e used so far, and I was trying a lot!
firstly I tried the shouts tactic and it went not so good, but than I entered the thread and downloaded the best version without shouts and it's amazing! THX
and BTW sorry about my english! :p

Passion4fm i have som questions for you mate, as someone posted earlier i am gonna give this one a go with Swansea. Their squad will be perfect i think :) But, what do you do away from home or against better opponents? Changing the strategy or prefering the shouts combination before the other? And in what particular situation do you use the shouts?

cheers :)

This depends on the team and their weakness.

I often use a combination between the two shout instructions (Tiki-Taka and Tiki-Taka direct).
I use control or standard, but you can also use counter with push higher up.

Against better teams I like to play into spaces. But it all depends on the opposition team, so I don't have specific recommendations.

P.S. The difference between the original tactic and the shout tactic is that you need to be more careful with which shouts you use, when you use it.

Guess you got some problems with morale, as one loss often leads to another VERY quickly.
Spurs, Man Utd, Liverpool is great teams no matter what you mean!

Guess you got some problems with morale, as one loss often leads to another VERY quickly.
Spurs, Man Utd, Liverpool is great teams no matter what you mean!

I have seen your site and just have a doubt: what's the difference between the two tactics ? One says shout at the end of the file name, the other does not say shout.

P.S. The difference between the original tactic and the shout tactic is that you need to be more careful with which shouts you use, when you use it.

This means that some player instructions have the original setup from the Tactics creator -
To get result you'll need to add the correct shouts - or you can use the shouts I've recommended, as they should work wonders for the tactic shout edition.

In the original shout setup you can't adjust passing length - short or direct - which you can in the shout version

Using your shouts recommendation with the shout version tactic that you posted here. Tactic seems to work better with shouts for Attacking fluidity​... ok, not just work better, works awesome!

Great tactic bro,everyone who wants a posession tactic should get this one.

Using your shouts recommendation with the shout version tactic that you posted here. Tactic seems to work better with shouts for Attacking fluidity​... ok, not just work better, works awesome!

Now, I'm curious in what you mean...attacking fluidity - do you mean the attacking strategy or the tiki-taka direct shout instruction? Or what do you refer to exactly?

you mentioned two setiings of shouts, one to keep the ball, other more attacking.

Tiki Taka - Attacking fluidity from the first page of this thread on the touchline instructions.
So, I do not have a clue about what has happened. My team was playing great, I was using the tactic version you posted here (I believe the one that says "shouts" in the filename and also using the Tiki-Taka Attacking Fluidity touchline instructions... suddenly my team stops shooting, no more great results, bang, from nothing my team just stopped playing.

I did not understand well the part where you said "Touchline instructions highlighted in blue is the preferred instructions to either create space or dominate space." does it mean i should chose one of them?

Yes, but this depends on the opposition team and if you need to create more space or tighten space - remember space goes four ways! Sometimes you want more space between the opposition defensive line and the goal which you wants to exploit by through balls behind the opposition teams defensive line.
you don't need to choose any of them either - it all depends on match situations and whats your weakness or strength is

You can read more about Touchline instructions in this guide

Last edited:
As i use a similar tactic, with different shouts, i will give this a go tonight and see how it works.

I did not understand well the part where you said "Touchline instructions highlighted in blue is the preferred instructions to either create space or dominate space." does it mean i should chose one of them?

I think that what Passion4FM wants here is for us to analyse the match and the opposition.
I´ll give you two examples.

As the tactic is a 4-3-2-1 with many players in middle you could this:
-If you are facing a classic 4-4-2, play wider and exploit the middle maybe a good solution, as the 2 opposition CM´s will be in constant disadvantage with your midfielders + the IF´s and the trequartista.
-If you are facing a 4-4-2 Diamond (just like Ancelotti´s Milan 2001-2007), play narrower and exploit the flanks, because the opposition has many players in the middle and this will force your team to play closer and at the same time takes advantage of the flanks with your IF´s and wingbacks vs only 2 opposition full backs with no wingers to help defending...

But this is only a few examples... As Passion4FM said, you should analyse the opponent and the match to choose the best combination of shouts... But basically what I use to do is:

vs more centre midfielders (DM; CM; AM):
Exploit the flanks; Play Narrower
vs less centre midfielders (DM; CM; AM:
Exploit the Middle; Play wider

I will test the tactic and then I´ll post some results...

As promised, tested yesterday and i like what i saw. Need to tweak it a little bit and will keep you updated.

Btw, do you think control should be used in away games?

As promised, tested yesterday and i like what i saw. Need to tweak it a little bit and will keep you updated.

Btw, do you think control should be used in away games?

Not necessarily, it all depends on the opposition team...sometimes you want to surprise them as they have an idea on how you want to play..right?

Not necessarily, it all depends on the opposition team...sometimes you want to surprise them as they have an idea on how you want to play..right?

Aren't you willing to update the tactic for the new patch update (13.3.3) ?

I am having some troubles with this tactic. It has worked well at times (beating Man Utd 2-1 at Old Trafford being a particular highlight) but also has gone horribly wrong, Reading 2-1 loss and Swansea 4-1 loss.

I am using Chelsea who I think have the best squad for this tactic in the Premier League, and have added a couple of key players, namely Daniele De Rossi and Fellaini.

Squad morale has generally been ok but taken a dip following those 2 losses. I set myself up as "International Footballer" so generally my team talks etc are well received, although John Terry and I fell out when I made De Rossi captain. I wasn't planning on playing Terry much anyway!

I am definitely suffering from the long shot issue, and was planning to go into the player instructions to play around with that.

I wonder whether the team just need time? It is the end of September but the tactic is almost at 100%. The main issue seems to be scoring. I get a lot of possesion and shots on target but not enough goals. Clearly, Torres is part of that issue, but I wanted to see if I could get him back on track whilst also training up a wonderkid to replace him (Ademilson).

Anyway, just looking for any suggestions really... Should I leave the tactic as is for the rest of the season and give it time? I am using the shouts as suggested, and the Opposition Instructions. I do really like how the tactic plays out on the screen, and it does seem to ALMOST work!

Thanks