FM13 Possession Tactic Barcelona Tiki-Taka Domination Extreme 4-3-2-1 by Passion4FM

Just thought I'd add something about the goals i concede, they're generally from RUBBISH defending, or else passing the ball direct to the opposition by defenders or GK. My players are ultimately pretty good, they shouldn't really be doing this...!

I am having some troubles with this tactic. It has worked well at times (beating Man Utd 2-1 at Old Trafford being a particular highlight) but also has gone horribly wrong, Reading 2-1 loss and Swansea 4-1 loss.

I am using Chelsea who I think have the best squad for this tactic in the Premier League, and have added a couple of key players, namely Daniele De Rossi and Fellaini.

Squad morale has generally been ok but taken a dip following those 2 losses. I set myself up as "International Footballer" so generally my team talks etc are well received, although John Terry and I fell out when I made De Rossi captain. I wasn't planning on playing Terry much anyway!

I am definitely suffering from the long shot issue, and was planning to go into the player instructions to play around with that.

I wonder whether the team just need time? It is the end of September but the tactic is almost at 100%. The main issue seems to be scoring. I get a lot of possesion and shots on target but not enough goals. Clearly, Torres is part of that issue, but I wanted to see if I could get him back on track whilst also training up a wonderkid to replace him (Ademilson).

Anyway, just looking for any suggestions really... Should I leave the tactic as is for the rest of the season and give it time? I am using the shouts as suggested, and the Opposition Instructions. I do really like how the tactic plays out on the screen, and it does seem to ALMOST work!

Thanks

End of September is no way near enough, I personally think new tactics take till mid January, to become fully embedded into your team. Especially when the players don't play that philosophy..

To get such a tactic like Barca Tiki taka, you really need to think about the players you have. The preferred moves are very important in my experience.

You say Chelsea are most suited to this approach? how many players do you have who have preferred moves such as these:

• play short simple passing
  • Look to pass rather than shoot
  • move into channels
  • play through balls
  • dictate tempo
  • come deep to get the ball
  • play one-twos
  • plays his way out trouble

try to untrain them from these - or avoid buying players who have these PPM's:

• Shoots from distance
  • Runs with ball often - unless this is the guy you play in Messi role, then keep this but make sure he has some of the above moves.
  • plays long range passes
  • switch ball to flanks
  • remove any other anti Tiki taka moves.....

try this and give it more time, morale is very important, i think its impossible to win when your morale is low :/ so you really need to find way of keeping them happy. its hard when you don't get the results I know! and you end up in a circle!! but thats this years FM for you!

Last edited:
Thanks - having really looked at PPMs yet, so will do that now. Just had a run of 3 wins, beating Spurs, Braga (6-2!!!) and Liverpool. I am probably too impatient, but then I'm working for Abramovich so I probably have to be!

Not necessarily, it all depends on the opposition team...sometimes you want to surprise them as they have an idea on how you want to play..right?

Just a question: all individual instructions are tweaked, except mentality and CF. So, does the intructions from the bench (shouts) have any role ??? If instructions are tweaked, how does shous affect individual instructions ???

Aren't you willing to update the tactic for the new patch update (13.3.3) ?

Are you seriously kidding me?!
Do you even know what the fixes for 13.3.3 was?

The tactic don't need to be updated or fixed. I'm currently using it with wonders! Please download the shout version according to your latest reply. But you know that the player instructions is not all tweaked right? It's a mix between letting the shouts change whats important for a particular position and what I want to keep for a specific position.

The shout version AS explained before is much more influenced by touchline instructions

Last edited:
Anybody who have anymore records on this tactic? Maybe from a lower league?

Going to start a season with Ajax, i saw Cleons thread on SI on Youth Development and thought this would go hand in hand. Will reply with results.

Finished my first full season with Arsenal and this tactic has been brilliant. I won the EPL in my first season when I wanted to build up by getting into the CL. I went to the CL final and lost to Bayern 2-1. I won the FA Cup as well. Its a joy being so intricate in buying players to fit the way you play. The highlight of this tactic btw was out-possessing Barca and beating them 4-1 in the first knockout round of the CL.

The key to this tactic is definitely the shouts. I went on your website and saved all of your shouts, from tiki taka direct to things such as exploit the middle and defending a lead. It allows you to only use this tactic but always keep your opponent guessing. I also feel that your players need to be very both-footed, seeing that when you play teams they always press you to your weaker foot because you hold the ball more. Although Jack Wilshere still seems to excel when called upon.

As for my transfers, I bought Jovetic for the Trequartista role and I have to say he's been nothing short of a revelation. He scored 28 goals in his first season and its always when I need it most. I also bought Nainggolan and Lucas Romero for the BWMs and they've done well. One thing I found funny was how well Koscienly does in this tactic. He's almost beat RVP for player of the year with a 7.83 average in the EPL.

I've just finished my second preseason with Arsenal and I've bought quite well. I bought Baines for LB, Sold Sagna for 13mil to PSG and signed Montoya. (Not sure if I made the right choice there). I also bought Di Natale for experience, tutoring and the fact that he's a beast of a trequartista irl and in the game. Hiroshi Kiyotake, whose PPMs are perfect for tiki taka, and Hatem Ben Arfa. Man, Ben Arfa is an animal for me on the right IF role. I highly recommend buying him for this tactic.

The only issues i have so far is down to the dallying my players do on the ball but thats part of the game. One question though, if Kiyotake has the PPM of runs rarely with the ball. Is that good or bad for my AP or is it perfect? because I had Thiago on loan on january and he was amazing, but sadly he wanted 125k a week and a 5mil loyalty bonus :|

Okay now at mid January the tactic is fully fluid, defending has become much better but attack is still a big problem. Players still making Xabi Alonso style ridiculous long shots very often and there seems to be no creativity. Any fixes for the long shot problem or anyway to stop it?

I changed the long shots option to rarely on everyone, plus have been trying to get the players that have it as a PPM to unlearn it. They have been resistant, but only Fat Frank still has it (and I didn't bother even trying with him, what would he be if he didn't punt the ball into orbit everytime he got it?!?!). I'm in November of season 2, with Chelsea, and using this tactic alongside TBH's Asyemtrical. I found that I was struggling to score enough goals and would either win big or lose big to the big teams, so tend to use the Asyemtrical when I think a counter attacking tactic would be better. I do switch mid game, especially if I feel the opposition is playing defensively. Also, sometimes playing away vs a lower team I start with this tactic, then switch to Asymetrical if they're playing really attacking football.

Also, I unsettled Rooney and bought him for £48.5m. I had managed to get Torres playing better, his CA has gone up to 164 (from 150), but he has rough patches. To date, Rooney has been a revelation! Scoring some wonder goals, and useful in AML (as I stupidly didn't register my backup AML for Champions League).

Hi Passion i want to say that tactic is great for me!! I just wonder can you try to make 3-4-3 possesion tactic?|)

Last edited:
will it work if if you drop the defensive mid to DMC ?? if so what's best set him as defend or support? so run from deep on sometimes?

Thanks=)

If you look closer to the tactic, you can easily change it to 3-4-3. Set BwM as anchor man with defend duty, both wingbacks in the position of wingback with attacking duty.
If I should use DM I wouldn't want him to run from deep at all. He will balance the team and stabilize. You've got the DLP to run from deep.

if Kiyotake has the PPM of runs rarely with the ball. Is that good or bad for my AP or is it perfect? because I had Thiago on loan on january and he was amazing, but sadly he wanted 125k a week and a 5mil loyalty bonus :|

I would say perfect. You don't want players to run around with the ball, you want to out-pass the opposition team.
If you got players with the same flair, technique, dribbling and finishing as Lionel Messi it's good for the trequartista position. but thats the only position with this PPM

Going to give this a go with my crystal palace side 3rd season in premiership, so will be interesting to see how a lower-mid table side performs with it. Will post results if anyone's interested?

ok i do it but i was thinking about tactic like Barca play with milan
it was something like that:

Valdes

Alves Barta Pique

Sergio Alba

Xavi Fabregas

Iniesta

Villa Messi

Going to give this a go with my crystal palace side 3rd season in premiership, so will be interesting to see how a lower-mid table side performs with it. Will post results if anyone's interested?

yes can you upload stats, results, and players you used...

Passion - What's happened to the shouts on your website? I can no longer find the screenshots of them for counter attack etc. :(