Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that our Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
Hello Raikan. I was downloading your tactics and using them for my own teams for such a long time. This year I finally decided to make my own tactic to enjoy the game even more. So I created a save with Oxford City. I used most of the stuff that you said in this post I am using 4-1-2-1-2 as formation. My team gets possession and passing very well but it is always very problematic to score somehow. They always pass it around and then it just goes back to defence or right in to opponents hands. I wanted to get some advice from you what to change to get my team I am playin with Attacking mentality with short passes etc.

Reaction score
I had the same problem so I created a tactic pure chance but I put all players on run with ball often and all players to hold up ball.. I never watch a match only commentary so the football might not be great but my arsenal side has not been goal shy whilst still dominating possession

Reaction score
Anyone here help me please? My tactic plays brillant football, and is winning. One problem how do i keep the same amount of possesion in away games?

Reaction score
One of my favourite threads. Raikan, you are an FM god
This always helps me so much. Thanks!

Reaction score
Brendan Rodgers Passing Style

View attachment 288303

@Raikan

Hi

I would just like a bit off help on the tactic above.

Could you make it better in the areas

• better passing from player to player
  • Get the striker to score more goals
  • Get the Midfielders to link up with the play more
  • And finally tighter at the back
Thanks

Reaction score
Raikan please
possession tactic for fm2013???I try so many things and doesnt work!!! I have maximum 50% possession and what training setttings chose? sorry for my bad english.....But i need possession tactic please!

Reaction score
Raikan please
possession tactic for fm2013???I try so many things and doesnt work!!! I have maximum 50% possession and what training setttings chose? sorry for my bad english.....But i need possession tactic please!
hey bud, FM13 is not pro possession tactics, I would not encourage using them!

you can use this and edit it if you like,I get around 61% possession most games, even though its not anywhere like a possession tactic..

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...657-awesome-amc%99-raikan007.html#post1632831

Reaction score
Hello Raikan. I was downloading your tactics and using them for my own teams for such a long time. This year I finally decided to make my own tactic to enjoy the game even more. So I created a save with Oxford City. I used most of the stuff that you said in this post I am using 4-1-2-1-2 as formation. My team gets possession and passing very well but it is always very problematic to score somehow. They always pass it around and then it just goes back to defence or right in to opponents hands. I wanted to get some advice from you what to change to get my team I am playin with Attacking mentality with short passes etc.
hey bud, glad to hear that ;)

increase tempo, push further up, close down centre backs

play control, works better I feel

Reaction score
Anyone here help me please? My tactic plays brillant football, and is winning. One problem how do i keep the same amount of possesion in away games?
its tough mate.. I would not play possession away from home, never have never will! play on the counter rather...

Reaction score
View attachment 288303

@Raikan

Hi

I would just like a bit off help on the tactic above.

Could you make it better in the areas

• better passing from player to player
  • Get the striker to score more goals
  • Get the Midfielders to link up with the play more
  • And finally tighter at the back
Thanks
  • short passing, lots of off the ball movement (roaming/move into channels/high freedom/switching positions)
  • set as the TM
  • same as point 1
  • that is the hardest part of FM.. you can see my AMC tactic and copy and paste the defensive settings I use, they work extremely well...

Reaction score
Raikan007;1646402[B said:
]hey bud, FM13 is not pro possession tactics[/B], I would not encourage using them!

you can use this and edit it if you like,I get around 61% possession most games, even though its not anywhere like a possession tactic..

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...657-awesome-amc%99-raikan007.html#post1632831
Hi Raiken,

Is this official then?

Do we have any indication that they're working on fixing it?

Because if they intend to leave it for 13 and try and fix it for 14 think I'll just go back to 12.

Reaction score
Hi Raikan I like your thread on FM13 Possession tactic discussion!, But have you found this tactic work on a English lower league club? ie Blue Square Bet Premier , North & South teams, Could you suggest one that think should work?. I like to play lower league football to start with and build my team to go up the leagues or get offered higher league job!.

Reaction score
Raikan
Can you create 4-3-3 possession tactic based on Frank de Boer philosophy?thanks

Reaction score
Raiken could you please sum up all parameters which should be configured to get possesion football? Something like this:
Team settings:
- Phylosophy: Control
- Passing: Short
Player settings:
- Hold up ball: Full Backs, Central Midfielders
This way it would be easier for us not to miss anything and use the settings at its best.

Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
Hi, just read that you have said possession is not recommended in FM13, what do you recommend instead? Playing as Swansea and basically just making them work there balls off and it seem's to be working.

Reaction score
after a half a season of none stop tweaking my tactic with help from this thread my 4321 tactic with my Liverpool team has adapted to the new style of play and is performing a good passing possession style of play on a consistent level. in my last game in the Europa League knockout round my team finished the match with:

5-1 win (9-1 aggeratate)
856 total passes
92% pass completion
33 shots
15 shots on target
but only 1 clear cut chance

this isnt a showing of post aim of this is for help with making more ccc's and also if anybody would like to test it

Reaction score
after a half a season of none stop tweaking my tactic with help from this thread my 4321 tactic with my Liverpool team has adapted to the new style of play and is performing a good passing possession style of play on a consistent level. in my last game in the Europa League knockout round my team finished the match with:

5-1 win (9-1 aggeratate)
856 total passes
92% pass completion
33 shots
15 shots on target
but only 1 clear cut chance

this isnt a showing of post aim of this is for help with making more ccc's and also if anybody would like to test it
i would like to give it a chance dude..can you show some screenshots? against who? how much possession?

Reaction score
Does anyone reckon, that when your playing a decent side away, that changing your defensive line from push up to deep could help?

Reaction score
Does anyone reckon, that when your playing a decent side away, that changing your defensive line from push up to deep could help?
i tried it but it really wont help you to get possession..
think of it your'e just getting them into your half and letting them attack and put pressure.
try putting a deep line but a really attacking phylosophy and pressure up all field.

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a Sunderland game loaded on fm13 playing a possession tactic but seem to be conceding far to many goals per game but possession wise I'm getting good results just defensively very poor any suggestions would kindly appreciate??? Cheers