Fm14 Deal or No Deal thread: Please use when asking if you should buy player x or y

I've not sold yet, but I did stall. The other consideration is that these are my other strikers, and I only play with one striker except in games against the bottom 8 in the league.

Ben Edge came through my Youth ranks only a season or two ago, went on loan at the end of last season and did well enough to play for England a couple of times. A few more years, he may be leading the line.
View attachment 618031

This is Grant Turner. He came into the youth team in the third season, and has been on loan to Celtic, West Ham, Wigan, Liverpool and Reading. He would be better but for the phenomenal strikers that have robbed him of playing time. Approaching 100 league career goals, only one of them for us. He's been injured most of the first part of the season though, a series of knocks and niggles, but he's almost at full health, and will be rested again soon. But if I don't start playing him, I might need to let him go, just so that he doesn't go to waste. As you can see, he's proven himself internationally (for me, mostly). So he's got the ability, if he gets the opportunity.

View attachment 618028

This is Victor Torres. Not much to see here, but promising.

View attachment 618034

Florain Shroder could be a fantastic Deep Lying Forward in a year or two. He'd be upgraded to 2nd choice if Addae was to leave.

View attachment 618037

Owona is the best striker in the world. He's been with us for 5 years, and is our all time top goalscorer, with 239 goals in total, and has 172 league goals to his name. Got him from Barca, worth every penny. I can't bench him for Addae, and the right wing is occupied by three time consecutive world player of the year, Adnan Januzaj. He's the only player who's rated more valuable than Owona himself.
View attachment 618040

Given all this, I'm tempted, but I'm not certain if I should or shouldn't.

Wow, you're really spoilt for choice when it comes to strikers. However, apart from the amazing Spanish striker and the striker for who the bid is made, the others are not upto that standard yet. I still suggest wait a year and maybe loan out your third best striker who you would move to second choice if you would have sold. Develop him a bit more. Plus you are in the year 2023 and I doubt you would need the money with regens like that firing!

A part of the reason I am saying No Deal is because I rarely sell regens for less than twice their value and you have a gem of a regen for whom the bid is made. Plus not all regens develop the same way and many a times their hidden attributes overshadow their potential. So if a guy has developed those attributes and you don't need the money don't sell.

Player: Wayne Rooney
Team I am managing: Manchester United
Team that is buying: Chelsea
Cost/Fee: GBP 32m
Year: June 2014
Other info: 6.5m upfront, 25.5m over 48 months

Player: Wayne Rooney
Team I am managing: Manchester United
Team that is buying: Chelsea
Cost/Fee: GBP 32m
Year: June 2014
Other info: 6.5m upfront, 25.5m over 48 months
Personally i never sell him, but if you were going to, i'd drive the price up a little. Remember that he's staying in the league, so will play against you and perhaps score.

Player: Bruno Fernandes
Team I am managing: Liverpool
Team that is selling: Udinese
Cost/Fee: 18.5 mil
Year: 2015 Start of season

Or

Player: Leon Goretzka
Team that is selling: Schalke
Cost/Fee: 17.75

Or

Player: James Ward-Prowse
Team that is selling: Southampton
Cost/Fee: 16.5
Year: 2015 Stat of season

Or

Player: Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg
Team that is selling: Bayern
Cost/Fee: 14.5

Im looking at definitely buying 1 of these, offered them all contracts and they all will sign, just don't know which one to get, they will play as a box-to-box midfielder, may possibly look into buying 2 of them if I can sell Joe Allen, who do you guys recommend as my first priority signing and which 2 do you recommend me getting if I sell allen?

Player: Bruno Fernandes
Team that is selling: Udinese
Cost/Fee: 18.5 mil

Or

Player: Leon Goretzka
Team that is selling: Schalke
Cost/Fee: 17.75

Or

Player: James Ward-Prowse
Team that is selling: Southampton
Cost/Fee: 16.5
Year: 2015 Stat of season

Or

Player: Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg
Team that is selling: Bayern
Cost/Fee: 14.5

Im looking at definitely buying 1 of these, offered them all contracts and they all will sign, just don't know which one to get, they will play as a box-to-box midfielder, may possibly look into buying 2 of them if I can sell Joe Allen, who do you guys recommend as my first priority signing and which 2 do you recommend me getting if I sell allen?
I would buy Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg and James Ward-Prowse both young, both great, and yeah get rid of allen he is S##t (Just my option) haha :)

I would buy Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg and James Ward-Prowse both young, both great, and yeah get rid of allen he is S##t (Just my option) haha :)

I james ward prowse :) was going to get goretzka if I sold allen but cant sell him at the minute :(

Player: Antoine Griezmann
Team you are managing: Arsenal
Team who are selling: Real Sociedad
Offer:30m (7M upfront + 8 over 24 months + 7,5 after 50 appearances + 5 after 20 goals + 2,5 after 10 internationals)
Wage: 60k
Year: August 2013 (online mode)

Player: Angel Di Maria
Team you are managing: Arsenal
Team who are selling: Real Madrid
Offer:42m (10M upfront + 18over 30 months + 7,5 after 50
appearances + 4,5 after 40 goals + 2 after 10 internationals)
Wage: 110k
Year: August 2013 (online mode)

I need an IF attack (but not Reus who isn't available),thanks in advance ;)

Player: Eric Lamela
Team you are managing: A.C Milan
Team who are buying/selling: Tottenham
Offer: ?45( 17m upfront, 28m over 48 months)
Year: 2014/15

Last edited:
Player: Eric Lamela
Team you are managing: A.C Milan
Team who are buying/selling: Tottenham
Offer: ?45( 17m upfront, 28m over 48 months)

Very good player but injury prone. I would say no deal as he will miss a lot of games through injury from my experiences. Have a look at Griezmann, Reus (buyout), Lucas Moura, Zivkovic

Player: Marek Hamsik
Team you are managing: Napoli
Team who are buying: Manchester United
Offer: £35m( £9m upfront, £26m over 30 months)
Year: 2013/14 January

Player: Marek Hamsik
Team you are managing: Napoli
Team who are buying: Manchester United
Offer: £35m( £9m upfront, £26m over 30 months)
Year: 2013/14 January

I would keep him. I doubt you can find another better player with the same amount of money.

Player: Aleksandar Mitrovic
Team you are managing: Liverpool
Team who are buying: PSG
Offer: £41.5M (still negotiable, I bet that I can get at least £50M)
Year: 4th Season
Other Info: I have just bought Volland (looking good so far) and Fierro (went on loan). Benteke and Mitrovic are my regulars, I also have Barbosa and Cerri but they have yet to break into the first team. Should I sell Mitrovic???? Dammit, AI teams keep coming in with awesome offers for my team and I'm freaking tempted.

Player: Rafael
Team you are managing: Manchester United
Team who are buying: PSG
Offer: £44m
Year: 3rd pre season

Player: Raheem Sterling
Team who are buying/selling: PSG
Offer: £41.5 Million (worth £29.5)

Player: Raheem Sterling
Team who are buying/selling: PSG
Offer: £41.5 Million (worth £29.5)

Depends on who else you have in the side. Not hard much experience with him but if he is anything like Januzaj then not worth it his price will only rise. I am third season and Januzaj is over 40m in price. Thus I would hold onto for at least another season. This is unless you have another great player coming through of similar ability.

Player: Claudio Bravo
Team you are managing: Barcelona
Team who are buying/selling: Sociedad
Offer: 7.5 mil E
Other: Back-up for Ter Stegen

Player: Keylor Navas
Team who are buying/selling: Levante
Offer: 3 mil E

Player: Claudio Bravo
Team who are buying/selling: Sociedad
Offer: 7.5 mil E

Player: Keylor Navas
Team who are buying/selling: Levante
Offer: 3 mil E

Of those two, go for Navas. It's the backup goalkeeper position, there's no need to blow a lot of money on it, just bring in someone who can do a job for three or four games should Ter Stegen get injured.

Player: Aaron Ramsey
Managing: Arsenal
Team buying: Man City
Offer: £30 million
Year: Start of second season

Player: Luis Suarez
Managing: Barcelona
Team selling: Liverpool
Offer: 75 mil E
Year: 2015-16
Other: He handed a Transfer Request and now me and Real are going for him.

Player: Pique
Team buying: PSG
Offer: 49 mil E
Year: 2015-2016
Other: I already have Bartra, Balanta and Doria.

Player: Koke
Team selling: Atletico
Offer: 60 mil E
Year: 2015-2016
Other: Sold Fabregas to City, Mascherano to PSG and Xavi left for free. I already have Kovacic, Lucas Romero and Rafinha.

Thanks!

Last edited: