FM14 - Jurgen Klopp Borussia Dortmund by Raikan007 - Ported By Remlnx

I've been using this with Stockport so my players are **** and I'm conceding a lot of goals. I'm guessing that has more to do with the players than the tactic?

It works pretty good. You obviously HAVE to make changes as regards to Player Roles. For example if you are playing Arsenal Giroud should be on TM, not DLF. Or You wont play Wilshere as BWM.
But the tactic is good. Loving the short set pieces. Thanks for the upload.

this tactic seems to be working ok for me, but i am conceding alot of goals!! any suggestions to improve this? thanks

This tactic is tremendous while you're attackking but definitely not a controlling tactic.

When i get lead of the score than switch to a more conservative controlling tactic and after that i started to get a six winning series.

This seems to be working better than my attempts to tweak a more traditional 4-3-3 with wingers, as I'm producing a fair bit more chances than I was. I seem to be collecting yellow cards at a pretty alarming rate, though. Anyone experimented with taking off the "get stuck in" instruction or found other ways to not have the players moonlight as rugby players?

very good tactic. i am playing with chelsea. changed the ST to Poacher as i bought lewandowski(torres also seems to be pretty good, except for chronic injuries).
Struggled a bit in the 1st season. but won the league in 2nd season. also leading in the 3rd. Got to UCL final in 2nd.

As for away matches, i change the mentality to COUNTER. this is producing really good results. even against big teams.
In the begining i put the 2CM into DM positions for away matches. but it was of no use. Changing the mentality to counter has been working for me.
Overall awesome tactic. thanks a lot mate.

very good tactic. i am playing with chelsea. changed the ST to Poacher as i bought lewandowski(torres also seems to be pretty good, except for chronic injuries).
Struggled a bit in the 1st season. but won the league in 2nd season. also leading in the 3rd. Got to UCL final in 2nd.

As for away matches, i change the mentality to COUNTER. this is producing really good results. even against big teams.
In the begining i put the 2CM into DM positions for away matches. but it was of no use. Changing the mentality to counter has been working for me.
Overall awesome tactic. thanks a lot mate.

hmm never though about putting the mentality to counter having also problems with some outgames and good teams in my league with PSv gonna give this a try

Anyone else having their fullbacks be really inconsistent? I have Coentrao and Rose rotating on the left, Walker and Naughton on the right. Any given one of them will play a few games with alright but not spectacular ratings, then just completely out of the blue bomb completely, only to score highly the next game. All 4 of them are doing this, and it's doing my head in.

Switching to counter for tough away games is an interesting thought, going to give that a few shots. Initial results are promising, just beat Man U 4-3 at their place in the cup, they smashed me up pretty bad there in the league. Small sample and all, but worth keeping an eye on.

Full backs in FM 14 are very bad. i think pretty much evryone are having that problem. So theres nothing much which can be done there.
In atleast 40% of the games they will hav a half-time rating around 5.5

Complete opposite - find my full backs are unrealistically good - mine are consistently getting high 7s and 8s. Even with no goals or assists

Complete opposite - find my full backs are unrealistically good - mine are consistently getting high 7s and 8s. Even with no goals or assists

I have the same my FB are getting around 6-8 sometime even 9 if the score or assist.
and yes the have some bad day sometimes.

And i have readed also that soem peeps change there team mentality to Counter on big matches.
I still gotta try that out soon because i had problems whit big matches and some teams in the eredevisie in holland.
And changing the CM to DM dint really work for me

Any news about the tactic? new tweaks new suggestions? :p
so far i have tested it with my dortmund save and i am very pleased with it.. standing 1rst in bungesliga on half season and enjoying some attacking football..
ofc in defence i am a bit disappointed but maybe thats because tactic wasnt gelled so far ..

so far i have tested it with my dortmund save and i am very pleased with it.. standing 1rst in bungesliga on half season and enjoying some attacking football..
ofc in defence i am a bit disappointed but maybe thats because tactic wasnt gelled so far ..

So far no tweaks, but we all waiting for the definitive ME (Match Engine) because defense side the ME is so bad that SI cant really not change something (just think about goldlike saves of opposition keeper and how your keeper cant save a long, weak shot)

The only tweak suggested is to set the DLF as Poacher that increse slighty the scoring, but if you dont have any problem with your attack you dont want to change it

So far no tweaks, but we all waiting for the definitive ME (Match Engine) because defense side the ME is so bad that SI cant really not change something (just think about goldlike saves of opposition keeper and how your keeper cant save a long, weak shot)

The only tweak suggested is to set the DLF as Poacher that increse slighty the scoring, but if you dont have any problem with your attack you dont want to change it
Glad to hear it mate ! thanks for the feedback.
Actually i had increasingly scoring results by changing my striker from DLF to AF too just so u know..

Last edited:

try changing the mentality to counter for away matches. i had good results becoz of that

try changing the mentality to counter for away matches. i had good results becoz of that

Well that really depends on the team you play against because some teams in dutch league i have no probs with attacking home and awey but some teams like Vitesse Ajax and Feijenoord i have probs with on attacking home and away.(Play with PSV).

buth for most peeps that play in english league i dont have the answer because i havent played there might gonna try soon with Spurs

Btw i am looking to buy one more striker that can immediately fit into this tactic ( already have Zivkovic in my team and working with him).
My options are: either Werner or Mitrovic as i have already unsettled them.

Between these 2 who do you suggest fitting more into JK tactic ???
Please help

Last edited:
Is there anyway of making this tactic better defensively... so far with Dortmund in the second season ive scored 24 in 8 league games but conceeded 12.. last season i conceeded 36 in 34 games.. i generally draw way to many games..
I am setting the mentally to counter for away games, but it ain't working