FM15 Initial Thoughts

• Thread starter Thread starter iamauser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 112
  • Views Views 37K
I have got Dembele playing as a roaming playmaker at Spurs at the moment. He has a good physical presence as well as a good technical side of the game. Think both him or Paulinho would be able to perform the role well. Trying Lamela as a Ramdeuter as well

Man Utd bought Verthongen for £20.5m, so yeah, it's safe to say you overpaid quite a bit :)

They paid £25m for him on mine, but that is because I am Spurs manager :) Replaced him with Denswil and Balanta for about 3/4 of what they paid for him

Love it so far, and this is only the beta.

Match engine is a lot better this year, and losing actually feels fun. Defenders are competent, and will actually do some defending.

Keepers are a little bit slow to react at times, but i'm sure that will improve as time goes on.

Summary: Amazing :3

I have got Dembele playing as a roaming playmaker at Spurs at the moment. He has a good physical presence as well as a good technical side of the game. Think both him or Paulinho would be able to perform the role well. Trying Lamela as a Ramdeuter as well

Lamela was absolutely insane for me in FM14 as AMR Inside Forward, he had more goals and assists than appearances almost every season. Tried to buy him now just before the window closed, but Spurs asked for a price in the Ronaldo range.

Dembele could work as Roaming Playmaker, the only thing really letting him down is poor vision. I think Paulinho might actually be an even better choice as his attributes are more balanced. Then again, you'd miss out on the beastiness of Dembele.

You're both thinking of the wide playmaker (Mata is another great example).

I'd say Fabregas is probably fulfilling that role at Chelsea currently.

Ahhh yes, sorry at work - not logged in. - Fabregas is a great shout. - I've been playing Toure to great effect, played 5 set up 7.

Last edited:
Lamela was absolutely insane for me in FM14 as AMR Inside Forward, he had more goals and assists than appearances almost every season. Tried to buy him now just before the window closed, but Spurs asked for a price in the Ronaldo range.

Dembele could work as Roaming Playmaker, the only thing really letting him down is poor vision. I think Paulinho might actually be an even better choice as his attributes are more balanced. Then again, you'd miss out on the beastiness of Dembele.

I always use Lamela as an IF Forward but I got excited about the new role so thought I might try him out there. In regards to Paulinho and Dembele, one is a roaming playmaker the other is a box to box midfielder so both suited to both roles so might switch them around.

Picking a team has never been so difficult to do.

It took me literally hours to decide-then came getting used to the new layout etc-hence the major bags under eyes due to wrecking of sleep lol

It took me literally hours to decide-then came getting used to the new layout etc-hence the major bags under eyes due to wrecking of sleep lol

As I said earlier, 7 hours of game time and I only got to the end of pre-season. 3 hours later, I've played 3 games, far too much to see and do.

Im enjoying it very much !! :)

1eo35Kc.png

Last edited:
As I said earlier, 7 hours of game time and I only got to the end of pre-season. 3 hours later, I've played 3 games, far too much to see and do.

Aye there's a tonne. Enjoying it though. One of those people who plays every single pre-season match and season match's in full mode adjusting every little detail. Was a hard choice going tracksuit or suit manager aswell. Eventually decided on tracksuit with the lowest experience. Going to be a **** of a challenge

Aye there's a tonne. Enjoying it though. One of those people who plays every single pre-season match and season match's in full mode adjusting every little detail. Was a hard choice going tracksuit or suit manager aswell. Eventually decided on tracksuit with the lowest experience. Going to be a **** of a challenge

In Fm14 i ran a team in every contient and the england team... nightmare hours and hours for a season... :)

Another masterpiece under construction?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hehehe, im still trying to understand the ME, but i think im getting to something good.
I know its Bayern but still, 6 games in Bundesliga, 28 goals scored, 2 conceeded and good possession ! :)
Im just trying to figure ou, what suits best if a RIGID approach or a more FLUID one !!!

Just had my first shouty moment. Leading 2-0, then it was 2-2. 90th minute one of my players had the ball in the back of the net and yeah I went a bit mental (no shame). Or so it appeared thanks to camera angle-it actually went wide. Final score 2-2. But loving the match day experience-had me totally immersed in it.

Love the new features, the scouting, tactical/track suit manager is amazing for immersion I love it but tbh this goddam new UI is really not for me, I'll give it a few days to see if it grows on me but if it doesn't and no one releases a skin by game launch think I might have too. But hopefully it's grows on me!

When negotiating with players they can now lock parts of the contract as non negotiable that's a nice little touch

Back