View attachment 333168

Season 1 over! I'm over the moon with this game so far. The only thing I can't do is keeping my players to short passes (CB are constantly smashing it up the field) and just general possession. Any suggestions welcome! But I guess when your main ST scored 44 goals, who cares!

View attachment 696039

Season 1 over! I'm over the moon with this game so far. The only thing I can't do is keeping my players to short passes (CB are constantly smashing it up the field) and just general possession. Any suggestions welcome! But I guess when your main ST scored 44 goals, who cares!

can u show your tacitcs ?

can u show your tacitcs ?

Erm sure here you go:

View attachment 333157

I used other tactics/variations of this but this was by far my best. Though towards the end of the season it started to decline and I lost 3 of my last 10 games, after losing 1 before that.

Also disclaimer: I am by no means saying this tactic is the best blah blah, it just worked for me. I'm sure if the more tactical minded managers here saw this they'd see plenty wrong :D

Erm sure here you go:

View attachment 696066

I used other tactics/variations of this but this was by far my best. Though towards the end of the season it started to decline and I lost 3 of my last 10 games, after losing 1 before that.

Also disclaimer: I am by no means saying this tactic is the best blah blah, it just worked for me. I'm sure if the more tactical minded managers here saw this they'd see plenty wrong :D

nice like LvG try :D but he is not working in EPL..can u show your team instru. ? i play same with man u i win but i cant get possesion more than 54% i play away never have more possesion then home. :)

nice like LvG try :D but he is not working in EPL..can u show your team instru. ? i play same with man u i win but i cant get possesion more than 54% i play away never have more possesion then home. :)

i found wing back to be very effective.

Like I said in my first post, I never got over 52% possession. no matter what I tried it never worked... i'll do an SS tomorrow

Since I don't have the Beta, I wanted something clarified. Are the statistics bit same as FM14? Or do we now atleast get total goals scored for a club, per season? --> Player Statistics, in particular..

Since I don't have the Beta, I wanted something clarified. Are the statistics bit same as FM14? Or do we now atleast get total goals scored for a club, per season? --> Player Statistics, in particular..

There doesnt seem to be much you cant find out per team per player tbf

It's much easier to win games, which I would guess is the main reason why everyone probably likes it more.

Goals are flying in from all angles in the Vanarama North though, I have been involved in several 7-4 and 6-5 affairs!

The UI is honestly quite dreadful. So many issues across the whole game. The new tactics UI is awful. I gave it some time to get used to but I have come to the conclusion that it's just bad and it's not about getting used to it. There was nothing wrong with the old tactics UI. The pitch doesn't even tell you what position/role the player is set to. Actually selecting players to play/be on the bench is difficult at the best of times. It doesn't help when some of the menus just disappear either.

On certain resolutions the subs don't even appear next to the pitch. The side bar means less space for everything else on all screens. Text being cut off all over the place. Things just don't fit properly. Squad depth - buttons removing the wrong options.

Lots of text colour being way off compared to the rest of the UI. Some often horrible to even look at.

The side bar not being able to be made retractable/icons only and unable to change the colour is also just bad design.

I do like what they have tried to do, it's just not been done well at all. The UI design is actually really bad. If they fix the bugs then it'll be better, but still some bad design choices. I still can't work out why they changed the tactics screen so much.

Seems pretty good so far for me. Only played about 2hours, got through pre season and 1st game. They have done a good job of covering up the old game with the new interface, haven't noticed much new.... same boring news items, press questions and so on.
So far it seems quite easy, players seem to be following my tactical instructions but I've no doubt they
will destroy that with the final patch (fixes) on release day.

Seems like I'm paying for my players to walk, they don't run which is disturbing to watch.
Oh and the UI is terrible. I will keep playing FM14 til there are some skins available.

Also, the UI is not as responsive as it was before.
Running the game with i7-4790k @4.6ghz.

been smashing FM non stop all weekend and got to say I am loving it, the UI is still a little clunky for me personally but I am getting used to it. Approaching the end of the season and this is how things stand

View attachment 332745

Hopefully I can hold on Sanchez has been excellent in the Raumdeuter scoring in total 22 (spelling) and Welbeck has been class scoring 27 goals despite 2 months out over christmas need to just see the season through now with 4 winnable games left and also an FA cup final vs Spurs. But as we all know this is FM so nothing is ever that simple!

Are strikers actually scoring more like in FM12 as opposed to in FM13 and FM14?

Are strikers actually scoring more like in FM12 as opposed to in FM13 and FM14?

Why would anyone want that? FM12 was broken as **** in regards to strikers.

Because wingers were overpowered in the last 2 FM's and scored way more than the main strikers.

Because wingers were overpowered in the last 2 FM's and scored way more than the main strikers.

You don't solve that by having the strikers score EVEN MORE. What you should be asking is 'are wingers less overpowered', not 'can strikers score like they did in FM12', because the latter is just replacing one broken aspect with an even more broken one.

Well are wingers less overpowered? And are strikers scoring relatively similar to their real life counterparts?

You don't solve that by having the strikers score EVEN MORE. What you should be asking is 'are wingers less overpowered', not 'can strikers score like they did in FM12', because the latter is just replacing one broken aspect with an even more broken one.

Not sure I agree. If they just made the wingers score less then nobody would score lol

Maybe not FM12 strikers, but a nice balance would be good. But so far it does seem that the strikers and wingers share the goals, so I'm content.

Over all satisfaction (7/10) and since it's a BETA, I'm expecting it to only get better at release.

I love the side bar. What can I say, i just get it. The navigation will take a lot of getting used to but I remember hating FM12 for a few weeks since the navigation changed there also.

gripe no.1
I don't like like the font colour. It's hard for me to see the text and the multi coloured highlighting just annoys me since I don't think it's needed at all. It's only a minor irritation though, doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game.

I love that clicking the Competitions tab will no open up everything I'm competing in and tell me the board expectations. I find that really helpful and lets me know at a moments notices what's needed.

Note about the Tactics screen: I personally feel that the new interface favors the tactical minded managers. Those who design a tactics and then fit their players into it. Those who assign players to fit positions on the pitch and then choose the role according to their strengths (in that order) will find it clunky and long-winded.

While I do like it, I have to agree with the opinion of "why change it when it wasn't broken?"

I love that the tactics map now shows the players relative position in relation to their role. This helps us to know what kind of position they'll take up on the pitch without having to go into a match. This is a huge help when designing defensive systems and roles that are designed to choke space on the pitch.

One addition I love is being able to click on a stadium and it bring you to that stadiums stats.
Small but amazing feature for someone like me who's obsessed with learning the small details of football.

I actually care when a stadium was built :p

Match Engine = Work in progress. that whole point of a BETA is so we can find the problems! You won't here a bad word out of me about it. I think it's showing a lot of promise. Defensive bugs that only really require tweaking. Nothing is broken so-to-say, they just need so TLC and the game will run like a finely tuned car.

I've more than once found myself thinking, "****, this actually looks like a real game of football!" as the last few FMs ME didn't really capture the physical brutal side of football. The next time you watch a real match, pay attention how long it take the players to bring the ball under control when being harried... it's not as easy or clean as FM10-14 made it look.

The player interaction is annoying the ever loving ***** out of me.... Good!!! Players are supported to be annoying! :p

All in all, despite a few minor irritations, I've already logged 39 hours on Steam though I only got the game on Friday. It's holding my interest, I'll tell you that!