FM15 Post your Frustrations/Raaaage

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 537K
yes i think it was some thing to do with the anti virus thing i had on my laptop i deleted it an got another but now i have to uninstall and then reinstall the game but i dont know how

You need help with reinstalling? :)

Unrelated, but I wonder how much of a shitstorm this game would cause if it was made by someone like Ubisoft. The amount of bugs and rough patches that need smoothing out each year really is quite something and honestly SI are lucky to have a relatively large pool of goodwill built up, otherwise they would be coming under much harsher scrutiny.

I can't sell a ******* person in this game. Trying to flog Anderson, Fletcher, and Lindegaard. No offers. Offloaded Young for half price, and the fans **** and moan about the price.

******* impossible.

Miles made out there would be big (and positive) changes to the media. I find that they're just plain stupid. I get asked questions about managers having a spat with me etc, all they've done is commented saying "yeah I think we can win this game" and there's an apparent war of words. I understand the media twist things but to just make up complete babble week in week out just isn't realistic.

Miles made out there would be big (and positive) changes to the media. I find that they're just plain stupid. I get asked questions about managers having a spat with me etc, all they've done is commented saying "yeah I think we can win this game" and there's an apparent war of words. I understand the media twist things but to just make up complete babble week in week out just isn't realistic.

Clearly dont read the english press much..

It isn't? The S*n disagrees.

Anyway, I think the player interaction needs more tweaking than the media. I know they wanted to focus a lot on player power this year, but I still feel it's very unrealistic. They already reduced it by quite a bit, but I don't think it's enough. Players are still too eager to cause an uproar and whine to the press for minor issues.

I can't sell a ******* person in this game. Trying to flog Anderson, Fletcher, and Lindegaard. No offers. Offloaded Young for half price, and the fans **** and moan about the price.

******* impossible.

...you do realise that's the exact situation United are in in real life, right?

Clearly dont read the english press much..

It isn't? The S*n disagrees.

Anyway, I think the player interaction needs more tweaking than the media. I know they wanted to focus a lot on player power this year, but I still feel it's very unrealistic. They already reduced it by quite a bit, but I don't think it's enough. Players are still too eager to cause an uproar and whine to the press for minor issues.

Haha I agree the press make up ****, but I think the journalists in my game are Daily Star level.

Last edited:
Second season with chelsea. First in the league, but getting an away result with the teams in the bottom of the table is harder than playing away with bayern or barcelona.

Also, buggy keepers in DFKs

Second season. Top of league with 10 games too go with liverpool and sacked for squad harmony due too an unhappy player. Talk about harsh!

Unrelated, but I wonder how much of a shitstorm this game would cause if it was made by someone like Ubisoft. The amount of bugs and rough patches that need smoothing out each year really is quite something and honestly SI are lucky to have a relatively large pool of goodwill built up, otherwise they would be coming under much harsher scrutiny.

yea im not really one for computers only really use in to play football manager and the odd game thats not on telly :D

yea im not really one for computers only really use in to play football manager and the odd game thats not on telly :D

Open up Steam Library, right click FM 15 and select Delete Local Content.

Then you'll have to redownload it, or use the disc if you have one.

Open up Steam Library, right click FM 15 and select Delete Local Content.

Then you'll have to redownload it, or use the disc if you have one.

will this affect any of the saves i have?

If Ubi made it, it'd have three times the budget, five times the amount of people working on it, twice as many bugs, half the features would be DLC, the base price would be at least 45 quid and there wouldn't be any patches or updates at all.

SI come under plenty of harsh scrutiny as it is, and plenty of it is undeserved given the massive scope of the game and limited resources (both fiscally and in terms of manpower) provided to create it. There's precious few game studios that could make something like FM, and fewer still that could actually have a go at it. ****, EA tried and they got their arses handed to them by a company about one thirtieth of its size and budget.

Pretty sure it won't. Could make a backup first to be sure, but I'm fairly certain it won't affect them.

I'm not sure either, but for the person who asked, to backup go to 'This PC > Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2015 > games' and remove the files from there. Put them on your desktop or something. Uninstall, reinstall and then drop them back in the same place.

Finally started a save I'm enjoying and can get into, and the Europa League hasn't been drawn! Been past the day it should've been and nothing!

on other saves it's been drawn, but now I'm a team that's in it (Everton) for some reason it's not been drawn! It's allowed me to pick my squad, and the CL has been drawn, but no Europa League, WTF! Can't continue with this game now

Finally started a save I'm enjoying and can get into, and the Europa League hasn't been drawn! Been past the day it should've been and nothing!

on other saves it's been drawn, but now I'm a team that's in it (Everton) for some reason it's not been drawn! It's allowed me to pick my squad, and the CL has been drawn, but no Europa League, WTF! Can't continue with this game now

That could possibly be a bug. If you have the save, upload it over at SI Forums, and probably ask them..

If Ubi made it, it'd have three times the budget, five times the amount of people working on it, twice as many bugs, half the features would be DLC, the base price would be at least 45 quid and there wouldn't be any patches or updates at all.

Oh, its monetisation would definitely be different, but that isn't really my point. Worth pointing out that Ubisoft do heavily patch their games as well.

SI come under plenty of harsh scrutiny as it is

I'm not sure that they do though. There's basically: A. morons that would complain about everything even if the game was perfect and B. people that sometimes moan but will always come back for another hit of delicious crack. Considering how successful the game is, it actually faces very little scrutiny from any reasoned argument, either from within the community or outside it.

and plenty of it is undeserved given the massive scope of the game and limited resources (both fiscally and in terms of manpower) provided to create it.

Which is my point really. It's just interesting to see how general goodwill towards SI and the lack of a real competitor change people's perceptions of what's going on. When they have fairly large issues with their product, it's explained away by the fact that they're ambitious and taking on a project of enormous scope. If a big studio does it, they're moronic for overreaching themselves on a completely unrealistic project. You only have to look at how people (myself included) hate Skyrim for spreading its budget too thinly (Width of an ocean, depth of a puddle) to see how critical others can be in that regard.

In general, people tend to accept that you're going to need to wait a couple of months before the latest FM is in a polished state, something that pretty much no either full price game gets away with. Look at the shitstorm Firaxis (rightly) got for releasing BE in what was essentially an advanced beta form for full price and basically saying "it's a playable game, we'll iron out the balance issues/bugs soon."

There's precious few game studios that could make something like FM, and fewer still that could actually have a go at it. ****, EA tried and they got their arses handed to them by a company about one thirtieth of its size and budget.

That's a bit disingenuous really, given how studios actually function and how EA works as a business. It's not as if the whole company or even a sizable portion of it was developing the game: they put it out to one of the studios under their umbrella then gave them a budget and some help from central. Their game ended up getting cancelled because the ratios weren't good enough and EA are all about the quick buck. They didn't want to invest a serious chunk of cash into a new ME for the next few years when they weren't sure on returns, so it was canned.

Don't get me wrong: I enjoy FM and I think SI generally do a very good job. I just find it interesting that they can get away with the general standard of their releases: it's an interesting reflection on the community.

Last edited:
Gary Cahill told me he wanted to go to Man City as they'd offer him a more important role in the squad, I told him he'd be free to leave if he felt that he wasn't an important enough part of the squad at the end of the season. I played him in just about every league game and changed his squad status to key player but he still said he wanted to leave. After a while it said he was happy to stay and that City were no longer interested so I gave him a new contract just to keep him sweet but now a week before the window shuts in the second season he's said I'm running out of time to sell him and he'll take it further if nothing is done about it.

2 of my favourite games of recent times arrived in various states of 'unfinished-ness'

Gran Turismo 5 (and also 6)
GTA V

GT5 took nearly a year of patches before the features that turned it into the game it was supposed to be were implemented. When looking back at how it played on release, it was honestly woeful by comparison to the V2.0 patches and onwards. GT6 is basically a finished version of GT5 but with some more cars/tracks. There is a long list of user demanded updates on the way to make it into the game it should be. But ultimately not much will change until PS4's GT7 lands, and even then i expect a year of frustration before a heavy list of updates improves things. Much like with FM, i suppose GT fans are used to this just being the way things are.

GTA to a lesser extent had a number of problems to begin with, particularly with the online mode.

SI are one of only a few that i trust to actually patch things in the ways that the players demand. Loads of developers and even Sony themselves (PSN users have been consistently demanding to change their username since the online network was launched by Sony. As of yet, nothing) often just ignore their players and update in the way they see fit.

Last edited:
Back