FM15 Post your Frustrations/Raaaage

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 537K
my defenders will hoof it upfield no matter what. no pressure, tactics specifically to hold onto possession, pass short, etc.

they all think they are andrea pirlo

typical expample: my cm will pass back to my cb (who has 6 passing) and he will sit there and try a 60 yard diagonal pass which never connects to anybody but the defense. instant counter attack

that only happens about 20 times per game tho

You have too many instructions geared to short passing and keeping ball, which means they aren't searching for team mates beyond a couple meters and at the first sign or approach of pressure they give up looking for them and hoof the ball. You need to let them look further for them. Increase the passing range. Try first with just remove the shorter passing and if that's not enough, more direct. Before anything remove any individual instructions by the offending players that tells them to pass shorter. That way, when they're under pressure, they'll be willing to look further for the easy pass before giving to fear and hoofing the ball.

I dont get it!!! I TRIED TO SIGN A 22 YEAR OLD FROM BARCA B, Who was transfer listed and I am MAN U

His agent was saying " My client currently isn't interested in your club , and club structure in the game is not high enough to match his own ambtions bla bla"

View attachment 716263

and very next day

View attachment 716281

I am in year 2021 .. Three times CL and 4 league titles ETC..

I dont get it!!! I TRIED TO SIGN A 22 YEAR OLD FROM BARCA B, Who was transfer listed and I am MAN U

His agent was saying " My client currently isn't interested in your club , and club structure in the game is not high enough to match his own ambtions bla bla"

View attachment 716263

and very next day

View attachment 716281

I am in year 2021 .. Three times CL and 4 league titles ETC..

Did he have any preferences? Like not wanting to play in England or something of the sort? Or does the agent dislike you from a previous encounter?

You have too many instructions geared to short passing and keeping ball, which means they aren't searching for team mates beyond a couple meters and at the first sign or approach of pressure they give up looking for them and hoof the ball. You need to let them look further for them. Increase the passing range. Try first with just remove the shorter passing and if that's not enough, more direct. Before anything remove any individual instructions by the offending players that tells them to pass shorter. That way, when they're under pressure, they'll be willing to look further for the easy pass before giving to fear and hoofing the ball.

ok so what you are saying is having on short passing this year means defenders try 70 yard hail mary passes?

On a bad run with Hoffenheim, losing against Hamburg and then drawing with Wolfsburg. Mainz was next up though, so a chance to get a win. We are 3-2 up until the 95th minute, when they score. F*ck..

At least Paderborn are up next at home, so finally a win. 2-1 up in the 94th minute and a highlight appears where I expect the ref to blow. And they score from a corner.

WHYYY DO YOU HATE ME FM?

ok so what you are saying is having on short passing this year means defenders try 70 yard hail mary passes?

If you took the time to properly read his post and try to understand the perspective he was coming from you might figure out what's going wrong.

It's OK to put attacking players/advanced midfielders with short passing as they will most likely always have the option to find the simple pass and recycle possession. But for a defender to be focussed on always looking for the short pass he is going to panic if that option isn't available i.e. your DM or deep-lying midfielder is marked, likewise with the fullback corresponding with the side he's playing on - when this happens he will go for the next easy option of just hoofing it clear of his half. If you take shorter passing away from him and allow him more freedom to look up he could play a shortish lofted or drilled pass to the LB (this is if he's playing RCB for an easy example) or maybe try and pick out a winger etc.

For an IRL example, Jerome Boateng is playing in a primarily possession oriented team, but if you watch him closely you will see he doesn't limit his passes to just the fullback or Xabi Alonso/whoever else might be in DM, you will sometimes see him switch it over to Robben or Ribery/whoever else is playing out wide. He mixes his passing up - it's the same for a lot of defenders. Because they don't have shorter passing instruction on it doesn't mean he will not make the easy short pass if it's available, it just gives them that extra freedom to look up and spot a better option if the easy ones aren't there.

As a side note, if you're trying to play possession football with a defender with 6 passing I would suggest investing in a defender who is more capable of playing that game i.e. 10+ in passing and 13+ in composure and decisions (I don't know what level you're playing at though).

Last edited:
the comp continually scores offside rebound goals where i keep getting called offside when im not

Manchester United's goal against Hull today was the most football manager 15 goal I've ever seen. Bonus for di Maria going off 5 minutes before :-)

**** thought I had fitness/injuries under control but just got a bad one in pre=season...

Edit: Not even a frustration didnt get a single injury to first team squad after this one...

Last edited:
Just lost Richairo Zivkovic for 5-6 months with a broken leg.
And my Ajax had just qualified for the first knockout stage of the Champions League, and I was all celebrating that, until I saw the price of our qualification.
I cried a little. I mean, he had 9 goals in 8 games so far this season.
Who WOULDN'T cry?

If you took the time to properly read his post and try to understand the perspective he was coming from you might figure out what's going wrong.

It's OK to put attacking players/advanced midfielders with short passing as they will most likely always have the option to find the simple pass and recycle possession. But for a defender to be focussed on always looking for the short pass he is going to panic if that option isn't available i.e. your DM or deep-lying midfielder is marked, likewise with the fullback corresponding with the side he's playing on - when this happens he will go for the next easy option of just hoofing it clear of his half. If you take shorter passing away from him and allow him more freedom to look up he could play a shortish lofted or drilled pass to the LB (this is if he's playing RCB for an easy example) or maybe try and pick out a winger etc.

For an IRL example, Jerome Boateng is playing in a primarily possession oriented team, but if you watch him closely you will see he doesn't limit his passes to just the fullback or Xabi Alonso/whoever else might be in DM, you will sometimes see him switch it over to Robben or Ribery/whoever else is playing out wide. He mixes his passing up - it's the same for a lot of defenders. Because they don't have shorter passing instruction on it doesn't mean he will not make the easy short pass if it's available, it just gives them that extra freedom to look up and spot a better option if the easy ones aren't there.

As a side note, if you're trying to play possession football with a defender with 6 passing I would suggest investing in a defender who is more capable of playing that game i.e. 10+ in passing and 13+ in composure and decisions (I don't know what level you're playing at though).

i read what he said, maybe you should read what i said. the defender is not under pressure, hes not making a clearance. the squad will be moving the ball around and then a midfielder will pass back to the centerback to regroup, instead the cb will just try a cross-field bomb.

also, im playing as a conference side so thats about as good as it gets for passing on a centerback.

Weak header back pass to the keeper that ends up an easy goal for the other team is my favorite.

Why does SI have to deal out bullshit...

I dont mind Chelsea beating me through quality but when 4 goals are ridiculous its annoying...

Two rebounds, a head backpass gone wrong and 50 yard finish cause the GK is off his line? Thats frustrating... They deserved to win but to lose to silly goals that had nothing to do with tactics is so annoying... Okay first two my team could defend better perhaps but its annoying to see a lack of reaction...

i read what he said, maybe you should read what i said. the defender is not under pressure, hes not making a clearance. the squad will be moving the ball around and then a midfielder will pass back to the centerback to regroup, instead the cb will just try a cross-field bomb.

also, im playing as a conference side so thats about as good as it gets for passing on a centerback.

The bold is why I said at the first clue of pressure or equivalent expression, that includes when he's NOT YET under pressure, but he's seeing it coming.

What do you call cross-field bomb (I'm not natural English so I find it may mean two different things and I don't know for sure which one) and how do you know a player is trying a cross-field bomb and not getting rid of the ball before the opponent reaches him to pressure?

It may not be under pressure, but an opponent approaching is pressure is coming and the start of the player looking to pass the ball. The lower is the composure the sooner he'll be bothered by the approximation of an opponent. And the shorter you set his passing mindset the shorter he looks for the pass. If you get it so that the radius where he looks for team mates is so small than it won't reach where the other centerback or fullback or goalkeeper are then it will trigger the get the ball away. Passing instructions is how far will he look for pass targets before getting rid of the ball, there is no if I don't see anyone able to get it in five yards I'll look in ten or in fifteen, it is I've been asked to pass within five yards, so if nobody is in five yards, hoof it and hope for the best, that some team mate will pick it. And it may even happen when there's not even an opponent approaching if other instructions also discourage him from making a step with the ball that to get within that radius of a team mate. So if he has nobody within five yards and you want him to look further to the ten yards instead of panicking like the cowardly conference player he is, you need to tell him "okay, look further for team mates" by removing the shorter passing instructions he's under, may it be the individual or team instructions, and who says remove the team says go to his individual and tell it to pass it longer. That way he'll look further and his search radius will include the other CB, the fullback or a midfielder before going for the long hopeful pass.

Last edited:

As great as that all sounds, defensive players will hoof balls forward for no reason even when they're presented with viable passing alternatives. It's an issue you can minimise with the right formation but there's no sense in telling the guy that he's just doing it wrong.

I had an issue with Mamadou Sakho booting the ball away randomly - over the course of a season I trained him in the PPM of "plays short simple passes' and he no longer does it in most cases. I suspect there's quite a lot of complexity going on - the attributes (compusure, passing, technique, vision), the PPMs, the morale and current mind set - a nervous player will be more likely to do something rash compared to someone who's confident and calm.

Rage has once again passed and my mouse is in pieces! With this new version and FM14 I'm slowly realising that this isnt no longer my game. I just can't cut it with this "tactical circle-jerk" this game has become. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of hand helding that is required to keep the morale high. The fun has almost totally gone.

[video=youtube;LfIEpZODJRU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfIEpZODJRU[/video]

As great as that all sounds, defensive players will hoof balls forward for no reason even when they're presented with viable passing alternatives. It's an issue you can minimise with the right formation but there's no sense in telling the guy that he's just doing it wrong.

Right. There is never going to be an 100% or 0% of anything.

Back