FM15 Post your Frustrations/Raaaage

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 537K
Search Help!!!!

Hi Guys - was wondering if anyone can help a newbie...

Just purchased FM2015 and am having issues searching. I see all the forums about best staff to pick so for example i'm searching for Jaap Stam which a lot of people recomend. But when i go to staff search and put his name in it says 'no resolts found'??? Not just him but many many more.

I'm obviously doing something wrong. Anyone pleaseeeeee help!!

Thanks in advance

Just purchased FM2015 and am having issues searching. I see all the forums about best staff to pick so for example i'm searching for Jaap Stam which a lot of people recomend. But when i go to staff search and put his name in it says 'no resolts found'??? Not just him but many many more.

Thanks in advance

Sometimes, you need your scouting knowledge to have included the country in order to search for staff. Also, check to see if 'Realistic Transfers' is turned on - that can prevent many results from being displayed. Also, some staff need that particular country loaded (in this case, Netherlands).

Sometimes, you need your scouting knowledge to have included the country in order to search for staff. Also, check to see if 'Realistic Transfers' is turned on - that can prevent many results from being displayed. Also, some staff need that particular country loaded (in this case, Netherlands).

That makes sense because when i originally set the game up it asked what leagues i would like and i just put in the English leagues...do i need to add the rest of the leagues etc?

This one looks ridiculous. Although I managed to win a Champions League and some other titles, it always mentions my defeat 3 years ago.

I think it is so unrealistic. Coupe de la Ligue is just like Carling Cup in England. Why should they mention it in every brief description of a manager? Why shouldn't they mention Champions League or Ligue 1?

Last edited:
This one looks ridiculous. Although I managed to win a Champions League and some other titles, it always mentions my defeat 3 years ago.

I think it is so unrealistic. Coupe de la Ligue is just like Carling Cup in England. Why should they mention it in every brief description of a manager? Why shouldn't they mention Champions League or Ligue 1?

I agree manager bios need work. You'd think the algorithm would be relatively simple, given that they already have all the competitions ranked.

Transfer fees.

So I recently got FM15 and tried out a few saves.

I'm currently Everton and I made a 5 million pound bid for Virgil Van Dijk. I then get a notification that Celtic has accepted a £4.7m bid from Southampton for Van Dijk. I assume that means my bid is accepted aswell but no. It turns out Celtic rejected my bid as they don't want to sell he for less than 8 million. I mean seriously what the ****!? How can I play this **** if I have to pay more for a player than other clubs.

I also did a safe with Man United recently, bid for Vertonghen at 23 million and it's rejected. Got bored with that safe and that's when I began my Everton save to see Man United have signed Vertonghen for 15 million!!!!!!

So I recently got FM15 and tried out a few saves.

I'm currently Everton and I made a 5 million pound bid for Virgil Van Dijk. I then get a notification that Celtic has accepted a £4.7m bid from Southampton for Van Dijk. I assume that means my bid is accepted aswell but no. It turns out Celtic rejected my bid as they don't want to sell he for less than 8 million. I mean seriously what the ****!? How can I play this **** if I have to pay more for a player than other clubs.

I also did a safe with Man United recently, bid for Vertonghen at 23 million and it's rejected. Got bored with that safe and that's when I began my Everton save to see Man United have signed Vertonghen for 15 million!!!!!!

The AI clubs most likely have put in bids with the add-on clauses.
What you're seeing is the initial bid. You don't get to see the add-ons that the clubs have put on.

Thanks in advance

You either have "Realistic Transfers" ticked on, or you don't have the league he's in loaded up.

Regular results like this on FM14 made me quit and return to FM13 and it looks like FM15 since the latest update is doing the same. Few more of these and back to 13 again!

View attachment 316741

I finished 4th with QPR in season 1(no signings) I am told I will get £7M in transfer funds despite qualifying for the CL, but that's not even the problem. I had to sell 2 unhappy players and a couple of others and brought in £51M then spent £21M on players myself. But I got NONE of the £50 odd million to spend. That's still not the worst, I have a wage budget of £1.25M and am only spending 600k of it, but have not been given an opportunity to adjust it and cannot speak to the board about it. So I now have 2 weeks until the season starts and 15 players in my squad.
So its happened again, this time with West Ham. Qualified for the CL and was given £3M early budget. I got Sergi Roberto and now I have to choose my budget for the new season from these...................
zlsnp.jpg
Luckily this time I could actually adjust my budget so I managed to scrape a few signings. This is twice now in two different saves and now BOTH of my recognised strikers are injured, I only have a 20 man squad and i'm in a CL group with PSG, Ajax and Zenit. I had to sell Zarate because he was causing trouble, but it was the last day of the window and however much I tried I could not get in a replacement. Terrible game.

So its happened again, this time with West Ham. Qualified for the CL and was given £3M early budget. I got Sergi Roberto and now I have to choose my budget for the new season from these...................
zlsnp.jpg
Luckily this time I could actually adjust my budget so I managed to scrape a few signings. This is twice now in two different saves and now BOTH of my recognised strikers are injured, I only have a 20 man squad and i'm in a CL group with PSG, Ajax and Zenit. I had to sell Zarate because he was causing trouble, but it was the last day of the window and however much I tried I could not get in a replacement. Terrible game.
Also without my best centre back on went away on Int duty and hasn't returned.

I believe FM decreases the quality of finishing to an absurb level to compensate for the incapability of the AI defense.

Look at a recent real match: Barcelona defeated Cordoba 5-0.
And how many shots Barca has?
Only 16!

Across the sea, the current champion of England, Man City, only has 220 shots/18 matches. Chelsea has 223 shots/18 matches. It means just 12 shots a match.

The defense of AI clubs somehow are so leaky. With good tactics and some knowledge, a guy can manage West Ham or Everton to have 20+ shots against Man City or Man Utd (w/o using long shots in instructions). This is unbelievable in real life.

If the shooting accuracy is like real life, we will score 5+ goals in every match!

And so, FM has to nerf the finishing.

I think the next version should be improved and become more realistic. A team will shoot only 10-20 times a match, but the number of goals from clear cut chances definitely need to be higher.

The AI defence should be more difficult to get past. However, when we do, the reward is worth the effort.

Ah thank you, this may help me get a few signings.
Been playing FM for years don't know how I'm getting caught out by things like that. :P

Anyone else struggling with their players being unable to put a tackle in, in their own half? It is getting ridiculous whether I am Peterborough or Arsenal my teams will not tackle! I tell them to press more and they stand off, I tell them to tackle hard they attempt to stand them up. It wouldn't bother me if they were struggling against good players but when you have poor players able to run from their own half to the edge of my 18 yrd box unopposed (this happens more than once per game as well) it borders on ridiculous. It is only made worse by seeing Alexis Sanchez continually out-matched by league-one full-backs with pace of 9!

FM 12 and 13 were a lot better than the last 2 attempts. At least it appeared players actually listened to you and responded to what was going on around them. Transfers were ridiculous on those versions though.

Back