FM15 Post your Frustrations/Raaaage

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 537K
Will all these tactical articles tell me how to tell my midfielder not to shoot from 10m outside the box, despite having had no instruction to do so at all, and having unlearned shoots from distance?

Also will it tell me how to explain to my strikers that the way to score a goal is NOT to shoot directly at the keeper when you have 85% of an open goal in front of you, despite having 15 composure and first touch and 16 finishing?

Will all these tactical articles tell me how to tell my midfielder not to shoot from 10m outside the box, despite having had no instruction to do so at all, and having unlearned shoots from distance?

Also will it tell me how to explain to my strikers that the way to score a goal is NOT to shoot directly at the keeper when you have 85% of an open goal in front of you, despite having 15 composure and first touch and 16 finishing?

Well one thing with your CM you should check out his teamwork stats and see being selfish is listed as a negative... The lower a players teamwork stat is the higher the possibility he will not follow tactical instructions... I had Kakuta for a couple of seasons and the chap does his own thing and never followed instructions... That all sounds negative but I had a use for him and it was as a super sub... Was tough to part ways but I couldnt justify keeping him anymore still not sure that was a mistake or not he won a lot of points...
Anyway what Im saying is the likes of him just go completely against your instructions and they are more likely to be greedy and shoot or dribble without thinking to pass or keep the ball...

As far as your CF goes Iv had similar problems, I personally think the finishing in the ME is unrealistic but when they say the ME cant recreate Ronaldo and Messi's scoring then how can it be... Just something you have to deal with Flair and Decisions are two others to keep an eye on as well... For me I like everyone with the highest decision making as possible and I'll sacrifice other stats to get it... My belief is Football is purely a decision based game and I can have a CF with all the best stats be if his decision making is 5 then he is constantly going to utilise the wrong option...

Not knowing how to give your midfielder a valid alternative to long range shooting will not help him to see valid alternatives to long shooting. Plus you don't need to tell him to shoot long for him to shoot long. Plus you can tell him not to shoot long but that won't stop him from doing so when he finds no alternative. If he's ten meters outside the area, every team mate is marked or in cramped space, there's defenders who would stop his run then he'll shoot no matter what you've told him. On top of what the above has said.

The other question is that first the 1-20 scale of attributes isn't a range from 0% to 100% to do it all perfectly well. I don't know how would it translate, plus they are weighed against the goalkeepers attributes. Probably a 7 finishing + 8 composure vs 5 reflexes + 6 positioning has better chances than a 16 finishing + 16 composure vs 15 reflexes + 19 positioning. And there's recognition of real quality chances. Perhaps your striker is wondering how can he tell you that if he has a defender on top that's almost tackling the ball away from him, he'll lose if he makes any delay and that he's so focused in pulling the shot before losing the ball that he's not really had the time to worry about the aim and he's just shot at goal, not taken care of where he's hitting the ball to send it where; because the play hasn't led him to be alone to worry only at where the goalkeeper is and where can he reach.

All those things are consequence of tactics, some more clearly than others, so yes, you may improve more reading them than just being derisive (English isn't my first language, the word may not be the correct here, but I'll trust you get it) and hope to correct/improve your issues by what if not tactics?.

As a final note about striking at the goalkeeper, you can go to my TL or some blog I've visited and ask any antiHiguainist.

Part of my hopes to believe that what I see is just a representation of "you didn't score" but when your striker shoots from inside the penalty box and it goes for a throw in, you have to wonder.

TBH all the above comments and so on, mean very little, when compared to the ridiculous ball physics. The pinballing in the penalty box and the angles and strength of rebound are just mad.

Part of my hopes to believe that what I see is just a representation of "you didn't score" but when your striker shoots from inside the penalty box and it goes for a throw in, you have to wonder.

TBH all the above comments and so on, mean very little, when compared to the ridiculous ball physics. The pinballing in the penalty box and the angles and strength of rebound are just mad.

Or when you see a player in the middle of the six yard box, no goalkeeper, send the ball over the crossbar. Oh, wait, that was a match I watched on TV on the eighties, a Real Sociedad player during an European competition match, I thought he was Julio Salinas but when I commented it some time ago in some forums I was told it was Satrústegui. And the throw ins have also been seen.

The ball physics I agree need a bit more tweaking. I've seen a ball go into the crossbar in an angle 60º and rebound back instead of ~60º to the other side. Pinballing is something I've also seen quite a few times in real football, though granted, much less often than in FM.

And if that nullified any sense to tactical work then no tactical tweaks should be giving any result. Those issues can be integrated into the tactic. Many rebounds that fall far from goalie? Make sure you'll have a second player around the area to pick them.

Looking for that six yard miss:

[video=youtube;5lk1ItqL5s8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lk1ItqL5s8[/video]

this year's editon of FM is terrible....on many forums i see people frustrated with tehnical issues, tons of bugs...the game is in decline...

Another thing that SI seem to have not looked at is the whole player wanting a transfer. I mentioned this a few posts ago, but I have Dyer, who is transfer listed, wanted by two clubs and is half price, and yet no one buys him.

I can't do much more, I've asked him to talk to clubs, but apparently no one is interested (so why it says 2 clubs want him I don't know) and I've had no offers.

Now the little **** has spread discontent in the squad because I haven't sold him. What else can I do? It's really something that should be looked at by SI and not something that I should have to spend my time soothing the team about.

Another thing that SI seem to have not looked at is the whole player wanting a transfer. I mentioned this a few posts ago, but I have Dyer, who is transfer listed, wanted by two clubs and is half price, and yet no one buys him.

I can't do much more, I've asked him to talk to clubs, but apparently no one is interested (so why it says 2 clubs want him I don't know) and I've had no offers.

Now the little **** has spread discontent in the squad because I haven't sold him. What else can I do? It's really something that should be looked at by SI and not something that I should have to spend my time soothing the team about.

First of all, that should be corrected. More so now that you can tell him to talk to teams and he can see by himself nobody wants him.

As for solutions, I only see two ways: player exchange, look for a player who has use for you, is much cheaper or that can give you a profit in a future sale and bid for him offering your player or the worse one that is to terminate his contract.

This one looks ridiculous. Although I managed to win a Champions League and some other titles, it always mentions my defeat 3 years ago.

I think it is so unrealistic. Coupe de la Ligue is just like Carling Cup in England. Why should they mention it in every brief description of a manager? Why shouldn't they mention Champions League or Ligue 1?

Pure anti-mutant prejudice.

Ok i love the game but here are my frustrations

1.players that are set to back up wanting games and unsettling my whole squad
2.i have a youth player that has been on loan for a few seasons and he never stops talking about my players, hes only 19 or 20 years old but he is a media hound and talks as if he left my club years ago.
3. i bid 10 million for a wonderkid from brazil. he goes to sporting lisbon the following week for 200k
4. i like to holiday from game to game,my players *****,because i holiday i dont get the chance to address the situation....

i could be here all day, but still its a great game,better than any version of FIFA

First of all, that should be corrected. More so now that you can tell him to talk to teams and he can see by himself nobody wants him.

As for solutions, I only see two ways: player exchange, look for a player who has use for you, is much cheaper or that can give you a profit in a future sale and bid for him offering your player or the worse one that is to terminate his contract.

I hadn't thought of that one. Good idea. I'll give it a go.

Man oh man. I hate the fact that players seem incapable of taking a touch to the side of an oncoming player so that they can shoot. So fed up with clustered players around a player that gets the ball and then shoots right into that cluster.

It would be great if they could take a touch and shoot. It happens for the AI as well, so it's not tactics or player reliant, just a major annoyance. Ended with a 33-10 shots, 12 CC-2 and drew 0-0 because the football defending was like a schoolboy match where all the oppo players were just clustering around. Ball bounced everywhere but always cleared.

Really annoying.

I was wondering if anybody has encountered a similar situation and could help me out.

I'm managing Sheff Utd and currently 4th in the Premier League with 26 games played (its February). I'm trying to sign a player with a minimum fee release clause but he won't talk to me once a bid is accepted because 'he feels playing in Europe is important for his career'. It's clear that next season I will be in Europe and in real life any player would realise that by the time the window opens and hes playing in August we will be in European competition.

Does anyone know when his 'opinion' on this might change and he'll be happy to talk to me. I don't want to bid for him again and lose him to another club who are currently in Europe.

Has anyone else had this problem?

sorry if this has been mentioned but i would hve to scroll thru 106 pages worth. why on 2015 on the player search screen or scouting as its now known does it not give me my tansfer budget nor does the side scroller have the arrow cursors at the top and bottom, as it stands on the standard skin all you have is the scroller you have to use the mouse on but is ****

Oh, boy, TonyVilliers, you just reminded me of two frustrations I have, I get quite angry when I see them happen:

- At any place of the pitch. Player with a clear line for a pass, shoot or clearance... "Not just yet, wait, wait for it, waaaaaiiiiit, wait..." teammate walks in front "NOW!" shot to the **** and pray there's nothing bad coming from the rebound.

- A cross to a player who's in the 6 yard box, one third of the with of the goal, the goalkeeper is on the other post, has nobody goalside or in line, or even close, he has only to hit it to a side with the side of his foot. He returns the ball back. In the next play, he has got it in defence, near the end of the area, there's a few rivals, not as close to him, he has a relatively easy hoof forward line or a tiny little turn to send it in the throw in, then he can do a 180º rotation to send the ball for a corner. YOU ******* CAN'T TAP A BALL 75º TO YOUR LEFT BUT YOU CAN DO A LEFTWARDS 180º TURN TO GIVE A CHANCE TO THE RIVAL?!!?! BURN IN HEEEEELL!!!! The first part I think happened in 15.0 and I've not seen it since, but the second part I have a few times. This was quite frequent in FM14, both, in the same match.

sorry if this has been mentioned but i would hve to scroll thru 106 pages worth. why on 2015 on the player search screen or scouting as its now known does it not give me my tansfer budget nor does the side scroller have the arrow cursors at the top and bottom, as it stands on the standard skin all you have is the scroller you have to use the mouse on but is ****

Do you use a custom skin? I'd swear the default shows you the budgets in the search. If not the Unofficial dark by Dazs8 or Steklo do to the left.

Last edited:
LOL Deathstar I get that all the time. Check out my WTF Fm2015 YT series and you'll see what I mean.

It is very frustrating that a player will shoot or pass when his path is so obviously blocked. It's like they've stopped thinking and just hoped that if they hit it hard enough at the player in front of them that it will go through.

On that matter, the lack of player reactions to getting hit by a ball which has been hit full strength from 2 yards is an oversight IMO.

Once One Of My Players Didn't Turn Up At Training And I Could Fine Them But Then The Next Day They Turned Up At Training And I Was Told That I Could Fine Them WTF?!?

Back