FM15 Post your Frustrations/Raaaage

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 537K
EPL reputation? Playing as Man Utd, won the League and Champions League and players get offers from Spanish Clubs and straight away request to leave because they want to play in a "better division". To start with the EPL should be rated higher than LA LIGA, Barca and Real hold that league up and secondly no first team player would want to leave the European Champions to go play for Deportivo.

Is there any way half way through a save that i can change the reputation of Leagues???

Sigh, and again with Player interactions.

Sigurdsson comes in and says "I've heard Juve want me. I'd like to talk to them if they come in".

I say "Well I don't want to lose you, what'll it take to keep you here?"

Sigurdsson: "I just want to win trophies, if you can promise me that I'll stay".

We've just won The EPL (for the second year running) The Charity Shield, The FA cup, The League Cup and the ECL.

Seriously, without being in the Club Super Cup, it is impossible to win more trophies.

Please sort this, SI !!

Free kicks anyone? I haven't had much of a look around to check if it is a common problem but thought i would drop in here.

I am using a tactic which is generating loads of traffic and chances around the box, when a move breaks down there is often a mad scramble around the box due to the number of bodies, which results in a few free kicks going my way. I am averaging probably 3-4 free kicks in dangerous shooting areas around the box.

I am in December of season 1 with Man Utd (always my first save) and have RVP, Mata, Rooney all regularly taking set pieces.

I am yet to register a shot on target from a single free kick. WTF?!

Free kicks anyone? I haven't had much of a look around to check if it is a common problem but thought i would drop in here.

Iv bought myself 3 players who have better FK stats than lads I had but in 3 seasons Iv only scored 2 direct free kicks and Im pretty sure of the 100/200+ (i dont know how many) frees in dangerous positions Iv had less than a dozen on target...
Iv only had about 6 penalties in 3 years too but also only conceded about the same amount, I think that is unrealistic...

I am using a tactic which is generating loads of traffic and chances around the box, when a move breaks down there is often a mad scramble around the box due to the number of bodies, which results in a few free kicks going my way. I am averaging probably 3-4 free kicks in dangerous shooting areas around the box.

I am in December of season 1 with Man Utd (always my first save) and have RVP, Mata, Rooney all regularly taking set pieces.

Can't say I've noticed that, I score a few direct ones every season. I will say they used to go in waaaay too often pre-patch so maybe they've been a tad over-nerfed.

You've got a very broad definition of the word 'dominate', mate. While I accept there are different ways to approach the game (and by the way, you've not seen any of the games I'm talking about, so how on earth you'd know that the opposition wanted me to play like that is beyond me), being 2-0 down after 10 minutes and being completely torn apart would not be in anyone's 'plan'. My general point was that, at times, it seems like the computer can magic up a goal out of nothing (long range goals from players with low 'long shots' ratings a case in point), completely against the run of play and contrary to the pattern of the match. Fair enough, these things happen in football, but the regularity with which they happen on FM seems, to me anyway, strange.
Anyway, thanks for the standard "you're doing it all wrong, you should do it like me..." response. This is a frustrations thread, when all is said and done.

National teams using my players when they're not fit and injuring them :'(

Either you didn't get my message or I didn't express myself right (my vote is for the second since English is not my first language. And yeah, that post of mine was probably too messy because of me trying to say too many things, which is an issue with my English, I tend to get trampled when I start trying to say too many things, making it very easy to send the wrong message).

At no point I say do things like me. The only like me there is that I like doing to the AI what the AI seems to have done to you. That those magicing up of goals you could do. Now, don't try because that's not the proper gameplan for your team and you'd fail if you tried that like me.

The knowing what your opposition wanted is easy if I got you right that you played a bigger team against a (clearly) smaller team; because small teams tend to use the more defensive tactics of giving the ball away and standing off to negate spaces. And each gameplan is not just what I want to do, is what I want the opposition to do. And each gameplan has some typical objectives. But whatever, as you well say this is a frustration thread and it's for venting frustrations, so by all means vent. It's not like I've never been frustrated playing against smaller teams. I do hate playing against the 18th in the table. I always lose those no matter who it is. My ideal league is one of 17 teams.

However, allow me a second and last try to get across the two points I wanted to make:

1st: Don't stop in the terms of what stats happened; but think what gameplans were in action and how those stats may come from yours or your opposition's.

2nd: What the AI has done to you, you can do to the AI (when the strength balance is reversed).

One phrase that I'm >90% sure comes from Sun Tzu (100% it's from some military guy) is, more or less: if you can get your enemy to do what you want him to do believing it's what he wants to do, your victory is assured. It's my opinion the minnows cause so much frustration because they excel at that.

Now you take the advice or not, whatever you wish. The most stupid thing is to pretend to get you to manage in a way that's not yours. I only intend to give food for thought, not recipes. Otherwise is a communication failure, most likely on my part.

Most of the issues surrounding the match engine that I've seen mentioned on here don't seem to happen if you play in 2D Classic, anyone else experienced this?

That's because you don't see it as well.

Funny you should say that, I still play on commentary only (Champ Man 2/3 style), and I don't get annoyed by any of the issues mentioned :D

Nothing worse than only being able to see the phrase "There is only one outcome here!!!" when a player is about to shoot, only for the next bit of commentary to be "Goal Kick" :S

Funny you should say that, I still play on commentary only (Champ Man 2/3 style), and I don't get annoyed by any of the issues mentioned :D

Nothing worse than only being able to see the phrase "There is only one outcome here!!!" when a player is about to shoot, only for the next bit of commentary to be "Goal Kick" :S

Lucky you. I have to endure watching my strikers consistently be put through from wonderpasses from Gotze or Alli or Ramsey, and watch as they shoot straight to the keeper, or just wide.
****** me off so much. Not as much as the players whining about first team playing time, but still ****** me off.

This is basically classic FM, I'm sure it's happened to you all but it happens so often.

say I'm winning 5-0 at HT, I tell the boys to keep it up and then my team only win 5-2. It's like they can only play good for 45 minutes, anyone know what team talk I should pick to try and prevent this? I have tried different ones. This problem has been cursing me for so many editions of FM.

This is basically classic FM, I'm sure it's happened to you all but it happens so often.

say I'm winning 5-0 at HT, I tell the boys to keep it up and then my team only win 5-2. It's like they can only play good for 45 minutes, anyone know what team talk I should pick to try and prevent this? I have tried different ones. This problem has been cursing me for so many editions of FM.

This has very little to do with your team talk. It's more that the opposition realise they're 5-0 down and the game is over. They'll go quite defensive to do damage limitation.

Last night I managed to scrape past Chelsea to win the Capital One Cup 3-2, obviously very happy but only problem I should have won a bit more comfortably. Was 3-0 up at HT, at HT I made us slightly more defensive as i knew they would come at us. For my team talk I said passionately "You're playing well but don't get complacent, things can turn around very quickly in football blah blah." Instantly every player becomes angered. Body language becomes 'complacent'. For the whole second half the boys become like a bunch of Sunday league footballers, Chelsea batter us, Reus who scored brace first half doesn't get a kick and we are very, very lucky to win. This has started to happen a lot recently. I'm United btw, don't have time for a LLM save currently due to having a 4 month old baby! Was really enjoying this save up until now. Help please?

Last edited:
I've not read through this thread but thought I'd bring this up anyway - does anyone else have many instances of their players trying to play a ball back to the keeper and as a result just booting it out for a corner?

Can't really "blame" it on my tactics, as I'm 3rd in Serie A (2pts off top spot), into the CL quarter finals and in the final of the Italian Cup with Palermo (3rd season), so I think my tactics are doing me OK. Just frustrating to see a player mindlessly kicking it out for a corner, when I know he's just trying to make a simple pass back to the keeper - this can happen a couple of times in one game, and sometimes I won't see it next game but it does seem too frequent for it not to be some sort of bug.

Y all of a sudden does it freeze half way through a match and close the game and steam??

The board moaning at me about the wage bill. I have Ian Black, David Templeton and Arnold Peralta on the transfer list. Peralta either wants money to move or rejects everything, Ian Black can't even be given away (he's been on the unwanted list) or loaned out and David Templeton won't even attract interest at £60k. Releasing all three would cost about a million quid, and I doubt the board would be happy with that either.

Back