FM15 Post your Frustrations/Raaaage

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 537K
I've not read through this thread but thought I'd bring this up anyway - does anyone else have many instances of their players trying to play a ball back to the keeper and as a result just booting it out for a corner?

Can't really "blame" it on my tactics, as I'm 3rd in Serie A (2pts off top spot), into the CL quarter finals and in the final of the Italian Cup with Palermo (3rd season), so I think my tactics are doing me OK. Just frustrating to see a player mindlessly kicking it out for a corner, when I know he's just trying to make a simple pass back to the keeper - this can happen a couple of times in one game, and sometimes I won't see it next game but it does seem too frequent for it not to be some sort of bug.

It's been happening to me since the Stone Age lol. It is annoying. Sometimes I can see there's some pressure, maybe a rival closing in that may get my player nervy and make a hasty pass that goes wrong, but still a bit annoying. At least it's for a corner and not an own goal.

Frustrating is managing Dartford in the Conference, but ALL of your players have a year left on their contracts and will not renew as they don't think the team has the ambition or the players to match their personal ambitions... So win the league or we are leaving!

Have the team playing lovely football, their lack of skills can be frustrating... My team especially the strikers seem to have missed the lessons about correctly doing their show laces up. Many a great move has resulted in a wonderful ball into space, only for my strikers to run into the space after the ball and then inexplicably fall flat on their faces with no one around. :S

Frustrating is managing Dartford in the Conference, but ALL of your players have a year left on their contracts and will not renew as they don't think the team has the ambition or the players to match their personal ambitions... So win the league or we are leaving!

Have the team playing lovely football, their lack of skills can be frustrating... My team especially the strikers seem to have missed the lessons about correctly doing their show laces up. Many a great move has resulted in a wonderful ball into space, only for my strikers to run into the space after the ball and then inexplicably fall flat on their faces with no one around. :S

I feel your pain Chipmunk! my first solo season with Dartford (I have a multiplayer/online game with my mate too) and we finish 14th in the league...so I have released 14 players! including Captain Elliot Bradbrook and our amazing keeper!

I agree with you, for some reason they are very unstable on their feet, like newborn foal's finding their legs!

FYI on my multiplayer game we are 2nd in the league behind grimsby by 3 points!

That depiction on 3D of a player standing with the ball, a defender behind him, hitting his angles, then he goes down, the defender picks the ball and ref saying nothing happened every time. The worst is the fact I only started seeing that after the update (FM12?) that said getting the ball from behind does no longer happen (it also started happening with people diving in a tackle from behind while on a run).

Likewise with players running through each other, I had never seen it until I read a patch note saying it was an issue and is no more (granted, this one has happened for the first time a bit back)

Does anyone else want to punch the screen when their player receives the ball and then immediately turns back to goal and starts twisting left and right until he is closed down... Then after 4 or 5 seconds he get flattened and the opp will run off with the ball.

This year's FM is testing my sanity with all the bugs and issues. I also have to take a deep breath when keeps run out to the byline to collect the ball, only to kick it to a striker who scores from 50 yards... Yet I never get a goal like that. :(

So created a save with Oxford in VCN after about 14 games and reworking the entire team fell asleep. Woke up. Laptop had turned of before i got to save.....FML

Bit frustrated that in my first season at Ajax I drew Real in the ECL group stage. Now that's a challenge and yet we go 2-0 up in the first half only to have Lucas Romero sent off for a two footed strike before the half-time whistle. Obviously we lost 2-4... We were in control up until that red card #frustrated.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but is it just me or does every free kick your opponent has on the edge of the box go in!

competition names help!

hi, can anyone help me with a link to download the real competition names (ie uefa champions league instead of euro cup etc!) i dont have the steam app file in my program files either, so id need a kick up the **** to help work out where to put it too! thanks lads!!

Seems to be that every time I change mentality or team shape during a game, I lose a goal almost immediately as a result.

Seems to be that every time I change mentality or team shape during a game, I lose a goal almost immediately as a result.

Changing your mentality or team shape during a game sometimes actually does more harm than good. For example if you're dominating a match and your players are performing really well then you suddenly change to contain and move players around it'll just confuse them, especially if they aren't use to doing it. You're inviting pressure on if you sit back etc, so the odds are the opponent will score if they're pushing players forward.

Changing your mentality or team shape during a game sometimes actually does more harm than good. For example if you're dominating a match and your players are performing really well then you suddenly change to contain and move players around it'll just confuse them, especially if they aren't use to doing it. You're inviting pressure on if you sit back etc, so the odds are the opponent will score if they're pushing players forward.

It's definitely one of those 'lose-lose' situations. Given how easily I concede (woe betide anyone try tackling, especially my full backs) I'd rather take my foot off the gas and focus on protecting the lead when I know I've done enough to win the game. But that'd be too easy.

Near post corners are beyond a joke on this game! 50% of goals conceded must come from this! Even if I train to specifically defend set pieces it's pointless. I try to exploit this by setting corners to front post and my players either completely ignore me or for some reason the opposition have mastered how to defend this as I can't seem to score from this method. It makes the game ultimately ******* pointless. Prime example, I battle my *** off to a 1-0 lead against Arsenal (I'm West Ham) only to concede 3 on the bounce to near post corners! It's like their "go to" when their losing. I swear every year there is something more **** about these games. To be honest defending any sort of crossing in the last 2 years has been laughable! I suggest look at what you did with 2012 and go with that!

Playing as ac Milan, beat Atletico 6-1 in the champions league then get beat 10-1 in the replay!!! Next year I beat arsenal 5-0 then get beat 6-0 in the replay! Raging

Bullshit.

2135CC37C00E00A664B7DCD2FF8939865A7BEB37

Bullshit.

2135CC37C00E00A664B7DCD2FF8939865A7BEB37
That's tame compared to the games I see. Plus, on its own as a one off it IS realistic and believe me it pains me to defend this game in the slightest. Here's my latest game(i'm West Ham) as a one off or if I win and lose games like this then I would have no problem with FM. The problem is that I only lose games like this I NEVER win them THAT'S the BULLSHIT.
fmqple.jpg
Even when we win we often scrape over the line, here's our very next game against Spurs in the FA Cup
25qf8m0.jpg
They scored a disputed penalty(ball in the box no visual foul) and the other a goal of the season from distance. Look at how many shots both teams had and how many from distance. So like I said, as a one off your result is realistic, but if it is a common occurrence and you never win games like this THEN it's BULLSHIT.

Back