FM15 Post your Frustrations/Raaaage

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 537K
Lost 3-0 to utd, RVP hat-trick from 2 offside goals and a Rooney dive penalty - all I get asked in the press conference is how fantastic I thought RVP was. The only fun part of press conferences is having a go at refs when they **** up, yet you never actually get asked the question!

Lost 3-0 to utd, RVP hat-trick from 2 offside goals and a Rooney dive penalty - all I get asked in the press conference is how fantastic I thought RVP was. The only fun part of press conferences is having a go at refs when they **** up, yet you never actually get asked the question!

Honestly, the only times the media ever questions me about the referee are when the referees actually get the decisions right. When they **** up though, they instead ask me questions about MY players' discipline. >.>
******* idiots. I swear, the media in this game are out to **** me off.

Last edited:
Finally got my team playing good football (and tackling well), 15 points clear and superb morale. Now one of my top young players, who has contributed 10 goals from midfield, wants to leave. Tried talking to him, but he's adamant. Because he's only 19, he's not worth loads either so I'm gonna get slated for selling him for two different reasons. Oh, joy!

Other nuisances - level against Cowdenbeath (their keeper was playing like Neuer, just a monster to come up against) and one of their defenders scores an own goal from a corner in the 89th minute. Offside. An offside own goal? Never seen that before!!

The one thing I've noticed a ridiculous amount of is free kicks inside the "D". Most of which go thirty yards wide.

Done with this game I'm going back to 2014. At least what the players did in that game seemed based on a tiny bit of logic. This game is just ******* shocking. SI are turning into Ubisoft! Unfinished games that seem worse than previous ones...

Is that not the encapsulation of the emotion of football though?

How many times do we see managers, fans, players, even the goalscorer themselves celebrating for a number of seconds before realising the flag is up or the ref blew the whistle before the goal for an infringement?

It's turned into a major annoyance since I have to see at least one every game.

Why are Man Utd so OP every single year? Any other club, after finishing seventh and not doing great this year would be greatly reduced on the game but United remain OP. Players like Van Persie who have done nothing for a few seasons now have ridiculous stats. Phil Jones, for 3 versions of FM now is a beast yet he looks nothing like that IRL. Juan Mata, for all the successful years he had at Chelsea, winning player of the year and Champions League's was no way near as effective in-game as he is now he plays for United, despite not showing his true ability at the club... So unrealistic when United are winning the Champions league and EPL double first season. I reckon the SI developers might just be fans of United as no other team in the game has players that overpowered compared to current ability in real life.

Why are Man Utd so OP every single year? Any other club, after finishing seventh and not doing great this year would be greatly reduced on the game but United remain OP. Players like Van Persie who have done nothing for a few seasons now have ridiculous stats. Phil Jones, for 3 versions of FM now is a beast yet he looks nothing like that IRL. Juan Mata, for all the successful years he had at Chelsea, winning player of the year and Champions League's was no way near as effective in-game as he is now he plays for United, despite not showing his true ability at the club... So unrealistic when United are winning the Champions league and EPL double first season. I reckon the SI developers might just be fans of United as no other team in the game has players that overpowered compared to current ability in real life.

BTW Man Utd can't win the ECC in the 1st season. :P I agree though. :)

This game is very poor. When it came out with the first patch it was fine, but they changed too much for it to become poor again, similar effect to last years edition. I play on only commentary and some of the play is strange to say the least. I want to like the game but its very hard to do so unless the next patch improves it and goes back to how it was at the start.

For me, FM15 = FM14
Same bullshit with CCC, outplaying the others and hope for a win, little frustrated :

View attachment 749826

As argued, hardly dominating, and the ccc stat is completely unreliable in the game, but generally this happens. Plus, don't know if any of these were used, with about 2/3 of the tactics being recommended in the thread you last posted in I'd expect such to semi-regularly to happen. Whilst they may overload the Ai with attacking players in the majority of games successfully, which is a failure of the game, they similarily improve the chance conversion of the AI by a huge amount. One doesn't have a holding player in midfield and just pushes players into the box, worsened if the opponent has opted to park the bus, the other has three central forwards who just pick their nose whilst the rest of the team defends and each for 90 minutes, for cripe's sake. It would be fine if the creators at least acknowledged the flipside of such, but rather they lure the users into thinking to be all-round fantastic and cry foul play when such results happen too frequently.

Unfortunately a good chunk of download tactics are desastrous in terms of logics (no team in world football plays that way, certainly not for 90 minutes, so any real world football comparisons are out of the window). Or, to be nicer, they are very vey risky and only work because of overloading the AI is possible to reasonablish degrees, which is their sole purpose in the majority of cases. They aren't put out to conserve a lead, or to outplay a parking bus team, they aren't balanced to sit in between extremes, coupled with their typically 90 minutes super high d-line extreme pressing game they are the extreme and no future patch will change that. Will be interesting to see with the next patch as there is one issue currently that may be adressed and that in my opinion a good chunk of these rely on to be successful. As this is a de facto rant, I think this belongs into this thread, as this is a frustration totally, as it doesn't spawn good debate, but the spread of myths that in turn lead to waves of players not getting to grips with the game.

As for another frustration, I'd love to have a corner and throw in conversion stat, not the overall number of goals from corners, which are in the game, but the conversion rates, as these from personal perception appear to lead to a goal too oftenly. While this may go both ways, it can be a little maddening when you're out to set up shop and invite play to be in your half yourself (and yes, that's possible, and it's only then that you see such statistics or luck going "your way" on occasion, simple football logics). Not sure though.

Last edited:
This is a malaise I suffer from as well. Absolutely monster teams yet their scoring efficiency is off the charts, doesn't matter who I play. Almost seems like there is a plan for my team and if FM doesn't think it's going to plan it intervenes, it's utterly frustrating and making me question whether I want to keep playing it anymore after 18 years.

James Wilson picking up a knock by kicking off at the start of the game.

Win FA cup, Premier League and ECC in same month. Don't get manager of the month. Lose out to a manager who won 2 minor premiership games. God how I love this game.

This is the first FM game that I bought with my own money. I have never been so disappointed. The injuries are so frequent that I found myself fearing for another injury in every freakin match. The chances look so unrealistic that it is so painful to watch. Scouting one player takes 1 month to get 100% knowledge now. I can bear with it now since we have the almighty internet for wonderkids but can't imagine how I am going to find amazing regen like this. It looks impossible to keep a clean sheet. The layout are still confusing to me though it's just me lazy to learn all of it. AND THE MOANING PLAYERS!!! Dude it's just 5 games played and you start to moan that I don't play you often :@

Had to be the worst FM EVER.

EDIT : Welp Sturridge came back from international duty injured with upcoming fixtures against Tottenham, Barcelona and Chelsea... after I made the effort to slowly introduce him into the first team and resist the urge to start him after he came back from injury earlier in the game, England easily messes it up..then another injury during the Tottenham match..this time it's Gerrard..I had it with this game. Congrats FM15, you just made me rage quit for the first time. I think I am gonna start a new save and see if I have the same problem again. Sterling injured 2 weeks before EPL started and then shortly after, 3 months btw. Sakho, Enrique, Balotelli whining after just few games. Endured it with Sakho and Enrique but had a big fight with Balotelli because well, it's Balotelli.

Last edited:
It looks impossible to keep a clean sheet.

Had to be the worst FM EVER.

And this is your tactics, you posted in this thread, right? http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-15-tactics/197041-sir-goalalot-4-2-3-1-a.html

Exactly the kind of thing I was talking about in my rant above, this is a monstrosity that largely works by overloading the AI with players in its third and pushing EVERYONE upfield for 90 minutes with not a single player covering which is visible in the play, (no team in world football plays that way, imagine say Woy's England side with Gerrard, Rooney and Carrick all pushing into the box alongside each other), but in its "defense" it's called SIRGOALALOT. ;)

Last edited:
Got sacked from my Liverpool save having won the league in my first two seasons, the CL, an FA Cup, the Club World Championship and the League Cup because three of my players who'd been injured the whole season and were never fit to play were frustrated at the lack of first team opportunities. The board told me I'd lost the dressing room and sacked me.

Un my United save last season, I won the league, league cup, Champion's League, and Club World Cup. Antonio Valencia was the highest rated player in two of those competitions, Angel Di Maria was top rated in the League, Wayne Rooney was top scorer in both the Champion's League and League.

But were any of them even in the running for the Ballon d'Or? Nope.

Like, I understand that Messi and Ronaldo are the best, but how is it none of these guys, after massive seasons that were better than Messi's or Ronaldo's in their countries (Barca won the League, but lost the CL to me) are even in with a shout?

Has anyone had a player ever win the Ballon d'Or in England?

Back