FM15 Post your Frustrations/Raaaage

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 537K
More invaluable assistant advice: 'We need to improve our fortunes in front of goal'

Great idea:

'Hey! Nicky! You're supposed to be putting the ball IN the net!! Who knew?!'

'Cheers, boss' says Nicky. 'I thought I got points for putting it wide. What am I like?!'

'My fault' I concede. 'I probably should've explained it better beforehand. Looking forward to the hat-tricks!'

Maybe I should have a word with Cammy Bell too. Maybe if he knows he's not supposed to concede goals, I'll keep clean sheets in every game from now on.

Its not your fault, the game is scripted. Even if your tactic and everything else should give you those 3 points, the game will throw out a script simply because it feels its time for your form to drop.

See here:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...football-manager-2015-faq-myth-debunking.html

If I hear another word about scripting I'm handing out infractions.

I got to 97, then a 1-0 loss for ******* Tottenham. Good luck.

'Lads, it's Totten- oh'

Ahhhh, I remember my first two seasons with United. Went 35-0-0 until the last game of the season, against the Saints. Lost that game ( think it was away). I was sooo sad. Next season I went something similar, I didn't have defeat but I had couple of draws. Second last game of the season was the Saints. I lost that one as well. I never hated and wanted to play the more than that.

Here's the list.

Players getting confused/demotivated when i tell them to concentrate at half time.

Not training Defending set peices for more than 1 game means my assistant manager starts moaning at me cos my players have AGAIN forgotten how to defend set peices. Seriously this has been an issue for a few games now, if I forgot a key part of my job on a weekly basis i'd be fired.

The "away game" effect. Genuinely convinced the game has scripted events sometimes. Every home game = 3+ goals to nil. go away from home and despite being obviously the best team in the league by a huge margin, rotation to good effect, morale super high, training progressing well, no major injuries (for once - another gripe is injury rates) and somehow despite all that the home team, deep in the relegation zone, their form straight losses for over a month, racked by injuries to all their "best" players, still manage to put their only shot on target in the net. a shot taken by a defender from 30 yards out, free kick, player has a free kick and long shot rating almost in minus figures. Yet somehow, that one solitary attempt on goal beats your table topping all conquering team. Every. *******. Away Game. the same BS goal, my team suddenly forget how to clear corners for 5 vital second in the entire match. Your players despite having the best pass completion rate in the world, suddenly pass square across goal with a tepid pass into no mans land in front of the oppositions totally bollocks striker who calmly slots away despite being closed down by 2 world class centres and a world class keeper? **** That.

Opposition Shots on target = 1 or 0. Goals = 1 every away game.

I still win but when your team is set up so well its blatantly obvious when the game is trying to fudge the results to maintain "realism".

Completely agree about the 'fudging'; mentioned this on other threads.

For example, not sure if anyone else has noticed, but on my save I lost 4-0 to Barca in CL semi final, then won 5-0 at home, though awesome, I'm a super motivator! Then the following season, lost 3-0 to Munich, thought nevermind, I'm the dogs bollocks at this, and won 4-0 at home 2nd leg! BOOM! But then I started noticing something, my team, or the opposition were scoring just enough goals to qualify. Is this the game trying to 'correct' itself? What really got me thinking was my 8-1 win over Chelsea at the Bridge, guess what happened 2nd leg? (At home and I was undefeated at home in all comps for 2 years)......

Spurs 0 - Chelsea..... Have a guess!

Absolute bollocks; especially when all 8 goals (sorry if you didn't guess from the above and I've just spoilt it for you) were scored AFTER 50 mins.... Yes, 8 GOALS IN 40 MINS!

This happens every season, at least once. Not just in CL, in all comps. It's as if the game has a path, and no matter what happens, it will always follow said path, even if that means throwing out results that make Gary Glitters innocence look slightly plausible

Before someone says it: you shouldn't take the game so seriously, you should accept it's screwed in every ways as the Bible and keep raging, for raging is the epitome of not taking the game too seriously.

Though yeah, a rage thread is meant to rage and so not to be too measured in statement, just venting the annoyances.

A pet peeve more than a rage or frustration: so much about "you don't need sliders, you only have to read the description of a role/duty to know what the player is going to do", please read the description for complete wingback attack and complete wingback support and then tell me how can you tell anything from the description. IT'S THE SAME TEXT AND IT SAYS NOTHING! This player will join the attack and help in defence. Which is basically all (or almost) every fullback role and duty that's not X-Defend. HUMPH!

Before someone says it: you shouldn't take the game so seriously, you should accept it's screwed in every ways as the Bible and keep raging, for raging is the epitome of not taking the game too seriously.

Though yeah, a rage thread is meant to rage and so not to be too measured in statement, just venting the annoyances.

A pet peeve more than a rage or frustration: so much about "you don't need sliders, you only have to read the description of a role/duty to know what the player is going to do", please read the description for complete wingback attack and complete wingback support and then tell me how can you tell anything from the description. IT'S THE SAME TEXT AND IT SAYS NOTHING! This player will join the attack and help in defence. Which is basically all (or almost) every fullback role and duty that's not X-Defend. HUMPH!

It's not the same text, that's why there's a "with an attack duty the wingback will... " and there's a "with a support duty the wing-back will....". I would say instead that the PI set by default are to rigid, for example Dani Alves played frequently in Barcelona as WB with an attack duty, but we wouldn't saw him dribbling that much. Lots of RFD, yes, but not dribbling.

No but their 2-1 aggregate win against Liverpool was definitely scripted, they deserved to lose both matches.

If you play 2 legs and 30 mins of extra time and still cannot win then how can Liverpool possibly deserve to win?

Love potions, black magic cheating husbands.... We don't give a flying **** go start your own forum entitled black magic bullshit and voodoo vasectomy hoodoo that ballcrap doesn't work so get a life and **** off

It's not the same text, that's why there's a "with an attack duty the wingback will... " and there's a "with a support duty the wing-back will....". I would say instead that the PI set by default are to rigid, for example Dani Alves played frequently in Barcelona as WB with an attack duty, but we wouldn't saw him dribbling that much. Lots of RFD, yes, but not dribbling.

Are you saying the description for the support should say "in attack duty" or "in defense duty" and in the attack not say "attack duty"? That's the role name. And the only thing that changes is the pieces of the role name. It is a rule that when you define or describe something to explain it, its name should not be part of it. Saying that role-attack "in attack" is no part of any explanation. The Dani Alves is something you're making up by your imagination of what you would do with the role (and I bet you're correct), it's not something you can tell from the description that supposedly explains it.

The text is the same so there's no difference on what it does. One is named support and the other attack, hence one uses the word support and the other finds and replaces it with attack. But the text is the same. Therefore there's NO differences on their actions to be taken from the description. That one has support duty and the other is attack duty is in the name of the role/duty combination. So you still have to make a guess the differences. The description doesn't provide me with a video to Dani Alves and somebody else who typically does the support duty. It doesn't even name any example. Also never in the matches (not that many) I've head anybody say Alves is a complete wingback attack, or that Özil is an advanced playmaker support or whatever. I hear they pump up the field (my brain turns it to: it has a high attacking mentality and runs forward often) or they use the pocket of space very well (roam from position).

Are you saying the description for the support should say "in attack duty" or "in defense duty" and in the attack not say "attack duty"? That's the role name. And the only thing that changes is the pieces of the role name. It is a rule that when you define or describe something to explain it, its name should not be part of it. Saying that role-attack "in attack" is no part of any explanation. The Dani Alves is something you're making up by your imagination of what you would do with the role (and I bet you're correct), it's not something you can tell from the description that supposedly explains it.

The text is the same so there's no difference on what it does. One is named support and the other attack, hence one uses the word support and the other finds and replaces it with attack. But the text is the same. Therefore there's NO differences on their actions to be taken from the description. That one has support duty and the other is attack duty is in the name of the role/duty combination. So you still have to make a guess the differences. The description doesn't provide me with a video to Dani Alves and somebody else who typically does the support duty. It doesn't even name any example. Also never in the matches (not that many) I've head anybody say Alves is a complete wingback attack, or that Özil is an advanced playmaker support or whatever. I hear they pump up the field (my brain turns it to: it has a high attacking mentality and runs forward often) or they use the pocket of space very well (roam from position).

I'm saying that the text box makes a description of the role and in the last paragraph has a few lines about the duty, either choosing an attack or a support duty and either you choose one duty or another PI are also different. This is clear and offers no doubt at all. Could the text description be improved ??? Yes, could and should !
As for Dani Alves, I was writing about football and NOT Football Manager. And in real life, Dani Alves used to play a WB role. Now, in FM the role has a Dribble More Often PI by default and it shouldn't. Players, in real life, might behave in the pitch like they have an attack duty (to use a FM expression) but that doesn't mean they keep dribbling any time. Not sure, what you don't understand here.

P.S.you do know that in FM any player has one or more roles (and duties) more suitable for their position ? right ? If you don't, you'd better start looking at your players profile.

the opposition always seem to score rubbish goals, could they at least score a good looking one so its easier to accept

Why do teams bid for players they can't afford!!!
Trying to sell Juan Mata as he is unhappy at not being in the starting 11....which is reasonable. So I offer him out at £35m and Dortmund match that price...Fantastic! But then the deal collapses because they don't have the funds!!!

Try offering him out again and still Dortmund are the only team to bid!!! So I lower my price to £32.5m and Schalke bid only for Mata to reject their contract!!

Isnt this nice...

[video=youtube;3UsbjufmTmQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UsbjufmTmQ[/video]

Where's the follow-up?! ****** ****, fix that SI.

One time on FM12, got a 90+ min PK on a game that was 0-0, Óscar Cardozo picked up the ball, put it down, backed up and shot it. The keeper stopped it, but the ball went back to Cardozo with an open net, and I though, yes my 100% victorious league record will continue, but then he passed it to the byline, probably waiting for someone to cross it. I couldn't believe it, it was literally just a tap-in, the keeper was still on the ground. The ref blew it for full-time.

If you play 2 legs and 30 mins of extra time and still cannot win then how can Liverpool possibly deserve to win?

Because they played better football, obviously. They were steamrolling them in the first leg, but a cheap penalty and an amazing Cortouis saved them. In the second leg, Costa was trampling on everyone's ankles...

Because they played better football, obviously. They were steamrolling them in the first leg, but a cheap penalty and an amazing Cortouis saved them. In the second leg, Costa was trampling on everyone's ankles...

LOL. There is no such thing as 'better football'. The best football will always win, prettier football means nothing if you dont win. A cheap penalty? Ok. In the second leg, Henderson and Lucas should've seen red, maybe even slippy too so you cannot simply say Costa. And Mignolet kept Liverpool in it too... til extra time.

I'm saying that the text box makes a description of the role and in the last paragraph has a few lines about the duty, either choosing an attack or a support duty and either you choose one duty or another PI are also different. This is clear and offers no doubt at all. Could the text description be improved ??? Yes, could and should !
As for Dani Alves, I was writing about football and NOT Football Manager. And in real life, Dani Alves used to play a WB role. Now, in FM the role has a Dribble More Often PI by default and it shouldn't. Players, in real life, might behave in the pitch like they have an attack duty (to use a FM expression) but that doesn't mean they keep dribbling any time. Not sure, what you don't understand here.

P.S.you do know that in FM any player has one or more roles (and duties) more suitable for their position ? right ? If you don't, you'd better start looking at your players profile.

If that's the case I think you're looking at the wrong duty/role and hence why we haven't understood each other.

Wait. I've gone to check and screenshot it to make sure if that was the case it and it's changed. Yeah, now they're not an exact copy. Pet peeve removed. Yay!. Thanks.

P.S. - "It's not an exact copy now" might have been "when I looked some time ago (didn't use the role since that) the description didn't change because of some issue with the cursor".

Last edited:
LOL. There is no such thing as 'better football'. The best football will always win, prettier football means nothing if you dont win. A cheap penalty? Ok. In the second leg, Henderson and Lucas should've seen red, maybe even slippy too so you cannot simply say Costa. And Mignolet kept Liverpool in it too... til extra time.

Of course there is such a thing as better football, though it is subjective. But I haven't heard a single pundit claim Chelsea deserved anything from the first leg, Liverpool were simply the better team. The scoreline doesn't always tell the truth in that matter, I'd think everyone who has ever played FM would know that. Lucas didn't deserve his first yellow card in the second leg, so I disagree there as well. Can't remember Henderson's booking.

It's funny though, isn't it? I mean, how Costa is as disgusting as Suarez ever was, but the colour of his shirt will determine who agrees and disagrees.

Back