• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 537K
I was playing the Manchester Derby.

Rojo Own Goal
Musacchio gives a penalty away
Evans comes on and makes a horrible backpass which Jovetic scores from

I wanted to sack all of them on the spot and use RVP in defence. He'd probably have been better.

Is this game stupid?

I signed Bernard from Chelsea for my Inter in the 3rd season.

Then we dominated absolutely everything, currently 2 games left for me to complete an unbeaten league season, in the finals of the Champions League after having demolished every team by double digits goals over 2 legs (Sporting, Juventus, PSG), and reputation over the 3 season has grown over teams such as Arsenal and Chelsea, but still behind the Spanish giants and Bayern etc.

Then Arsenal is rumored to be interested in Bernard, then he came talk to me saying it has been a lifelong dream of his to play in the Premier League. DIDN'T HE JUST FKING LEFT THE PREMIER LEAGUE?

Somemore this Arsenal team is **** now.

Of course there is such a thing as better football, though it is subjective. But I haven't heard a single pundit claim Chelsea deserved anything from the first leg, Liverpool were simply the better team. The scoreline doesn't always tell the truth in that matter, I'd think everyone who has ever played FM would know that. Lucas didn't deserve his first yellow card in the second leg, so I disagree there as well. Can't remember Henderson's booking.

It's funny though, isn't it? I mean, how Costa is as disgusting as Suarez ever was, but the colour of his shirt will determine who agrees and disagrees.

Firstly, racially abusing, diving and biting chunks out of players is no way near the same as standing on a player's foot...

Secondly, the reason no pundits said Chelsea deserve to win was because Jamie Redknapp (Tottenham and Liverpool) and Thierry Henry (Arsenal) were the pundits!! The same pundits who were trying desperately to get Costa banned.

Football is football. There is no specific style, or right way to play football. But the team who plays the better football on the day, regardless of the style, will win. Simple as that. You can create as many chances as you want but if you cant finish them, then you just weren't good enough on the day. The objective of the game is to score goals and Chelsea scored more than Liverpool over those two legs. They deserved to win. If Liverpool deserved to win then they would've scored more, surely.
And isn't it just perfect that you couldn't remember Henderson's booking? LOL. The blatant handball that broke up a good Chelsea attack...

Biggest problem with this game that happens in every save - conceding goals at the near post. How can i stop this? :)

didnt courtoius get mom both games so in fact he kep you in the tie,liverpool consider how many people have been writing them off aswell as losing suarez they lose sturridge aswell over 50 goals gone. he makes me laugh mourinho ,west ham do a job on them and its 19th century football then he comes to anfield last season and is wasting time after seconds. against any of the big sides mourinho plays negative football fact

didnt courtoius get mom both games so in fact he kep you in the tie,liverpool consider how many people have been writing them off aswell as losing suarez they lose sturridge aswell over 50 goals gone. he makes me laugh mourinho ,west ham do a job on them and its 19th century football then he comes to anfield last season and is wasting time after seconds. against any of the big sides mourinho plays negative football fact

This is the FM fustrations, if you wanna carry on, do it on the Liverpool/Chelsea forum or PM. :)

And where is this evidence?
Also what players do those people have? Let me guess the ronaldos and the messis?

I wont UEFA Champions League with Sporting, from Portugal, in my 2nd and 4th seasons. Want prints? The whole save? Don't blame the match engine on your frustrations. I've been playing FM since CM3, this is the best edition EVER, period.

I wont UEFA Champions League with Sporting, from Portugal, in my 2nd and 4th seasons. Want prints? The whole save? Don't blame the match engine on your frustrations. I've been playing FM since CM3, this is the best edition EVER, period.

What about this game makes it the best ever for you?

Firstly, racially abusing, diving and biting chunks out of players is no way near the same as standing on a player's foot...

Smearing snot on other players' faces and trampling their legs on purpose is at least as bad.

Secondly, the reason no pundits said Chelsea deserve to win was because Jamie Redknapp (Tottenham and Liverpool) and Thierry Henry (Arsenal) were the pundits!! The same pundits who were trying desperately to get Costa banned.

I'm Norwegian, so I watched it on Norwegian television. We do have pundits over here as well.

Football is football. There is no specific style, or right way to play football. But the team who plays the better football on the day, regardless of the style, will win. Simple as that. You can create as many chances as you want but if you cant finish them, then you just weren't good enough on the day. The objective of the game is to score goals and Chelsea scored more than Liverpool over those two legs. They deserved to win. If Liverpool deserved to win then they would've scored more, surely.
And isn't it just perfect that you couldn't remember Henderson's booking? LOL. The blatant handball that broke up a good Chelsea attack...

If you don't think there's a right way - even subjectively - then I can't understand how you're even interested in football. Everyone has a style of play they prefer. And saying that whoever scores more goals are deserved winners is just naive, sorry. You can have a biased/bad referee ruin a game through bad decisions such as wrong offside decisions, bookings, penalties etc. And before you claim I'm blaming the referee, I'm not. I'm just making a point: The winner is not always the deserved winner. I'm pretty sure Mourinho agrees with me, considering he's still upset about Garcia's "ghost goal"...

As for Henderson's booking, I'm not sure what to say. Sorry I don't have full control over my memory? Do you remember every booking, every situation from every game you watch? Be reasonable.

Sturridge is killing me

Daniel Sturridge is absolutely killing me. He has been dreadful - particularly considering his attributes. I have no idea why he keeps missing simple opportunities. I'm in a four-horse race for the title with United, Chelsea and Arsenal, all within 2 points of each other, and against Newcastle I had Sakho sent off after 13 minutes. I then battered them but Sturridge kept missing sitters. I know CCCs aren't everything but I had seven, six of them falling to him, and he hit the post or just pushed them wide or straight at the keeper. I then conceded with about 15 minutes to go after really pushing to score. It's nothing really new though, he's only scored 4 goals in 26 appearances!
View attachment 304902View attachment 304901

Smearing snot on other players' faces and trampling their legs on purpose is at least as bad.

I'm Norwegian, so I watched it on Norwegian television. We do have pundits over here as well.

If you don't think there's a right way - even subjectively - then I can't understand how you're even interested in football. Everyone has a style of play they prefer. And saying that whoever scores more goals are deserved winners is just naive, sorry. You can have a biased/bad referee ruin a game through bad decisions such as wrong offside decisions, bookings, penalties etc. And before you claim I'm blaming the referee, I'm not. I'm just making a point: The winner is not always the deserved winner. I'm pretty sure Mourinho agrees with me, considering he's still upset about Garcia's "ghost goal"...

As for Henderson's booking, I'm not sure what to say. Sorry I don't have full control over my memory? Do you remember every booking, every situation from every game you watch? Be reasonable.

Clearly you only have a selected memory if you dont remember Henderson's handball, but you remember the Costa 'stamp' because the media hyped on about it??? Yes, when I watch a game, I remember incidents. Maybe you're one of these 'fans' that just has the game on in the background.

If you think Costa did that on purpose then that's your opinion, but you can never prove that when he had his eyes on the ball. If the media didn't keep going on about it (like they didn't when Sterling hit a Swansea player in a previous week) then i'm sure you wouldn't have even noticed it, like you missed most of the other incidents.

There is no 'right way' to play football. There's an opinion on what an individual deems best, or what suits their team but there is no right way. Barcelona liked their tiki-taka. Chelsea, Atletico like their defensive blocks. The old AC Milan and Ajax teams liked total football. United liked their counter attacking, wide play style. All styles have been successful and all are very different. There is no right way to play, so you can criticise Chelsea's defensive tactics all day long but they won the game, so that style overcame Liverpool's over the two legs.

Yes, referees can have a drastic effect on the game, but in most cases it is not the reason teams lost, only the very odd occasion (Chelsea vs Barcelona 2009, Thomas Ovrebo, springs to mind). One or two decisions may go against a team but if they still cannot beat their opponent then you have to give them great credit, and not just blame the ref. That is what I dont like about Mourinho. Blaming referees all the time, but with the players we have, we shouldn't be relying on penalties/red cards all the time.
On the day, you can have a more offensive team, they can create as many chances as they want. The goalkeeper could make 100 saves but if they cannot score past him then how can they possibly be better? A goalkeeper is part of a team too, just as important as strikers, so you cannot say "oh, but the keeper kept you in it". Thats like saying "oh, but the striker won you the game." Thats their job!!!
Garcia's ghost goal was a bad decision, but Liverpool still did enough over those two legs to justify going through to the final. If they didn't deserve it, Chelsea would've won/drew on aggregrate but they stopped Chelsea from playing and got a bit of luck.

You say the team that scores the most goals doesn't always deserve it, but that is the aim of the game. Why dont we award trophies and matches to teams that create the most chances? or who have the most possession? Because it means NOTHING if you cannot score.
Chelsea scored more than Liverpool, Courtois played well but believe it or not he is part of the team (not just bad luck for Liverpool) so they were deserved winners. If you don't agree, thats fine. But open your eyes and see that Liverpool simply didn't deserve to go through.

If that's the case I think you're looking at the wrong duty/role and hence why we haven't understood each other.

Wait. I've gone to check and screenshot it to make sure if that was the case it and it's changed. Yeah, now they're not an exact copy. Pet peeve removed. Yay!. Thanks.

P.S. - "It's not an exact copy now" might have been "when I looked some time ago (didn't use the role since that) the description didn't change because of some issue with the cursor".

A little more attention and suddenly people discover it's not all on SI :-) and believe me, I'm one that feels SI could do a lot to improve a game we all love.

Clearly you only have a selected memory if you dont remember Henderson's handball, but you remember the Costa 'stamp' because the media hyped on about it??? Yes, when I watch a game, I remember incidents. Maybe you're one of these 'fans' that just has the game on in the background.

That's pretty unfair, considering I remember basically every incident Suarez was part of during his time at Liverpool. I was always well aware of his faults. If you wanna try to discredit me as a fan due to me not remembering one incident, I don't see the point in even talking to you. Grow up.

If you think Costa did that on purpose then that's your opinion, but you can never prove that when he had his eyes on the ball. If the media didn't keep going on about it (like they didn't when Sterling hit a Swansea player in a previous week) then i'm sure you wouldn't have even noticed it, like you missed most of the other incidents.

Of course he did it on purpose. If it were Suarez you wouldn't even consider he didn't. Costa didn't just trample Can, he did the same with Skrtel. Go look up a youtube video or two to see how Costa behaves on the pitch. He's disgusting, and I don't see why you should plead ignorance on his behalf just because of the colour of his shirt. Try to be objective. And for the record, I reacted upon it immediately, I'm not the kind of person who needs pundits to tell me what to think. I regard pundits as either agreeing or disagreeing with me - not the other way around. Oh and by the way, I remember that Sterling incident. He could easily have gotten booked for that, even sent off, and I'm fully aware of it.

There is no 'right way' to play football. There's an opinion on what an individual deems best, or what suits their team but there is no right way. Barcelona liked their tiki-taka. Chelsea, Atletico like their defensive blocks. The old AC Milan and Ajax teams liked total football. United liked their counter attacking, wide play style. All styles have been successful and all are very different. There is no right way to play, so you can criticise Chelsea's defensive tactics all day long but they won the game, so that style overcame Liverpool's over the two legs.

You're still not getting my point, it seems. I'm not saying there's an objectively 'right' way to play football, I'm saying there are subjectively right ways to play football. I prefer attacking football, much closer to the Ajax you're describing than the, say, Norwegian national team under Drillo. Then again, I don't consider national teams responsible for innovation in the tactical department, especially not weak teams like Norway. Therefore I've defended their style of play, because they didn't have any amazing players. They were result-oriented. And exactly that is my biggest gripe with Chelsea under Mourinho. They have all the resources in the world, all the blood-money they could wish. Yet they're playing - in my opinion - boring football. How does that not frustrate their fans? Like you say below here, "with the players we have". Wouldn't you like Chelsea to dominate games, or at least TRY to dominate games? Like yesterday against City, Mourinho obviously played the result - again. Like he always does. It was at Stamford Bridge, wouldn't you have liked to see Chelsea try to dominate? They certainly have the resources to do so.

Yes, referees can have a drastic effect on the game, but in most cases it is not the reason teams lost, only the very odd occasion (Chelsea vs Barcelona 2009, Thomas Ovrebo, springs to mind). One or two decisions may go against a team but if they still cannot beat their opponent then you have to give them great credit, and not just blame the ref. That is what I dont like about Mourinho. Blaming referees all the time, but with the players we have, we shouldn't be relying on penalties/red cards all the time.

His name was Tom Henning Øvrebø, and I remember that game very well, he's Norwegian after all. Apparently you remember it as well, which means I don't have to point out other examples. One is enough, as it proves my point: The team that wins is not always the deserved winner.

On the day, you can have a more offensive team, they can create as many chances as they want. The goalkeeper could make 100 saves but if they cannot score past him then how can they possibly be better? A goalkeeper is part of a team too, just as important as strikers, so you cannot say "oh, but the keeper kept you in it". Thats like saying "oh, but the striker won you the game." Thats their job!!!

Sure it is, I'm well aware of that. But at the same time, I hope - though it doesn't seem like it - you're aware that luck actually IS a factor in football. The ball can deflect, it can hit the inside of the post, you can even have a **** beach ball disrupt the game! If you honestly believe luck is not a factor, then we fundamentally disagree and there's no point in us even discussing football. If, however, you DO concede that luck is a factor, your whole argument of "the winner always deserves to win" collapses on itself.

Keep all non-game football discussions for the relevant threads. There's a premier league thread and club threads for a reason.

Last edited:
That's pretty unfair, considering I remember basically every incident Suarez was part of during his time at Liverpool. I was always well aware of his faults. If you wanna try to discredit me as a fan due to me not remembering one incident, I don't see the point in even talking to you. Grow up.

Of course he did it on purpose. If it were Suarez you wouldn't even consider he didn't. Costa didn't just trample Can, he did the same with Skrtel. Go look up a youtube video or two to see how Costa behaves on the pitch. He's disgusting, and I don't see why you should plead ignorance on his behalf just because of the colour of his shirt. Try to be objective. And for the record, I reacted upon it immediately, I'm not the kind of person who needs pundits to tell me what to think. I regard pundits as either agreeing or disagreeing with me - not the other way around. Oh and by the way, I remember that Sterling incident. He could easily have gotten booked for that, even sent off, and I'm fully aware of it.

You're still not getting my point, it seems. I'm not saying there's an objectively 'right' way to play football, I'm saying there are subjectively right ways to play football. I prefer attacking football, much closer to the Ajax you're describing than the, say, Norwegian national team under Drillo. Then again, I don't consider national teams responsible for innovation in the tactical department, especially not weak teams like Norway. Therefore I've defended their style of play, because they didn't have any amazing players. They were result-oriented. And exactly that is my biggest gripe with Chelsea under Mourinho. They have all the resources in the world, all the blood-money they could wish. Yet they're playing - in my opinion - boring football. How does that not frustrate their fans? Like you say below here, "with the players we have". Wouldn't you like Chelsea to dominate games, or at least TRY to dominate games? Like yesterday against City, Mourinho obviously played the result - again. Like he always does. It was at Stamford Bridge, wouldn't you have liked to see Chelsea try to dominate? They certainly have the resources to do so.

His name was Tom Henning Øvrebø, and I remember that game very well, he's Norwegian after all. Apparently you remember it as well, which means I don't have to point out other examples. One is enough, as it proves my point: The team that wins is not always the deserved winner.

Sure it is, I'm well aware of that. But at the same time, I hope - though it doesn't seem like it - you're aware that luck actually IS a factor in football. The ball can deflect, it can hit the inside of the post, you can even have a **** beach ball disrupt the game! If you honestly believe luck is not a factor, then we fundamentally disagree and there's no point in us even discussing football. If, however, you DO concede that luck is a factor, your whole argument of "the winner always deserves to win" collapses on itself.

How can you possibly accuse Costa of doing it on purpose? The incident with Can - he is looking in the complete opposite direction!! You're assuming he is deliberately hurting him. In which case, every time someone accidentally collides with another player (e.g a clash of heads) i'm going to assume it was an intent to do harm. You cannot just second guess what a players' true intent is, only they truly know that and it is unfair by you, and everyone else, to accuse him of that.

Have a quick read of this article to get a perspective of Costa's style on the pitch. Hoepfully you'll gain an insight into why he behaves like he does. Diego Costa has gone from the backstreets of Brazil to the heart and soul of Chelsea | Daily Mail Online

He is not a racist, nor does he bite players. He simply wants to win - its a very good interview.

I do get what you're saying, you have your favorite style of football as does everyone, and I respect that. All i'm trying to say is there is no one style that is better than another, as history has shown us. It's just an opinion.

As for Chelsea's 'blood money' we have a rich owner just as any other top club does so i dont see why ours is deemed as 'blood money'. We're trying to go about our business the right way, abide by FFP and its a shame people like you cannot see that and only assume we're buying success. Its either jealousy, bitterness or just naivity but thats your problem not mine.

Mourinho's style does frustrate me at times, but it works. He is a tactical genius when it comes to getting the right results. Look at what he's won. Setting Chelsea up to dominate against City without our key playmaker... without our key striker... With players still tired from midweek? Against the reigning Champions...? We're not Arsenal. We respect our opponents and the situation at hand and if that means making sure we do not lose and keep a 5 point lead at the top, then so be it. And we delivered. We could've took them on, had a go, got beat and its all tight at the top again but we're smarter than that.
Just like in the cup against Liverpool. They're a very good side at home, Mourinho respects that, so he defends, gets a draw and we go onto win the home leg and go through. Its just good tactics and game management. Remember, there is no style better than the other at playing football. The sport can be tackled in many different ways. There is no right and wrong answer.

As I said last time, the referees can impact matches. But only in VERY EXTREME cases do they actually determine a result. They can maybe give an advantage to a team, but if they make the most of that advantage and the other team cannot respond , then you have to credit that team, not just blame the referee (although some decisions lately have been shocking!). Take that Chelsea Barca game in 2009 for example. I was gutted and furious at the referee, football fans in general should be, but you still have to credit Barca. They held on, and Iniesta scored a screamer to win it.

Yes, luck is a factor in football but it counts for nothing if the team can't make it work to their advantage. Take that 'beach ball' incident. It was unfortunate for Liverpool to concede like that, but they didn't necessarily deserve to win. If they did, then they would've scored two goals (or whatever as I cannot remember the final score). It was unfortunate for them to concede that penalty to Chelsea midweek, but they didn't deserve to win. They didn't take their chances.

I know the mods are getting annoyed so if you want to take this further then reply in a relevant thread. I look forward to hearing your perspective of the game.

I'm gonna listen to the mods and stop this here, and I'm not too interested in continuing this elsewhere. It's just gonna go back and forth until we both grow tired of it, and frankly I already have. I'm just gonna leave this here: Roman Abramovich’s binge at the Bridge really is no laughing matter | The Times

LOL, Keep being bitter and jealous about Costa and Chelsea. We win trophies, unlike Liverpool. Just accept that Chelsea were the better side. You've probably grown tired as you cannot reply with a genuine, valid answer? Shame really.

I said drop it. Stick to the subject matter and stop dragging out every little bit of neck winding

Back