FM15 Post your Frustrations/Raaaage

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 537K
Yeah, seems like a really ****** tactic. 42 shots and only (roughly) a third on target.

have to say I have not experienced any real issues, a few crazy games where i drew 5-5 or games where I didn´t score despite having 25 shots on goal but I play as Spurs so that is not at all unrealistic. Starting season 4 now, have a squad full of wonderkids obtained cheaply after EXTENSIVE scouting. I have won one FA cup, one UEFA cap, 2 premier league titles and 2 champions leagues, 1 charity shield and one super cup. No editing, no cheating, one self made tactic with 3 variations. Dreamy lol

People who, when a tactic who's giving a team success against most types of rivals fails against one kind of rival/tactic, hear that is a matter of tactics think "it's tactical matter" means "your tactic is **** (like you)". As if a tactic that's generally bringing success could be considered poor! No, "It's matter of tactics" just means "it's a matter of tactics": That the tactic, which may be a masterpiece, has a certain set of weaknesses that are exploited by that type of team/tactic and that perhaps its strengths find in that rival/tactic the answers to deny them. It just means it's great for other matches, but for those it needs changing to address that. Because no tactic wins every game or every type of rival tactic. And top it by pretending there's a personal insult even if someone said a tactic is not the best.

Normally it would be in terms of RPG: I've done the Uberfullplate of Crushing Giants. +10 finding space, +10 ball attraction, -10 countercounterattack penalty. It beats everyone until it finds the Halfling with his chainmail of +10 counterattacking, +15 negating space, +10 piece setting -10 ball finding penalty. And when the first player is told "the problem is your armor, you should shift to the Plain Hinfoe: +10 countercounterattack +10 who needs space, +10 unsetting pieces -10 vs giant foes" he goes "THEY SAY MY Uberfullplate of Crushing Giants IS **** AND THEY'RE INSULTING ME!".

(That doesn't mean there may have some not wording things the best way, but that's still not enough as saying you're **** and your tactic is **** too)

((And it doesn't mean losing against the hin with the Fullplate of Giant Slaying can't be frustrating))

(((Plus, of course, someone actually saying a tactic that brings consistent success, winning trophies or simply competing consistently for them or beating more than one type of rival and tactic is bad, isn't quite right)))

Last edited:
There is no reason NOT to hate FM15. I'm so sick of this. I wish I am outplayed by the opponent just so that I feel I deserved to lose. FM15 is freakin unrealistic. And this happens all the time. The worst match engine out of all FM version EVER.

View attachment 303115
View attachment 303114

2-0 up against City, they have a player sent off. End up losing 3-2. Ending my 13 game 100% record in the Premier League. Absolute bull.

2-0 up against City, they have a player sent off. End up losing 3-2. Ending my 13 game 100% record in the Premier League. Absolute bull.

Conclusion: you trusted that 2-0 and that by having one player more you'd win the match. Then, City made adjustments because they had 10 players and you did nothing. Next time don't be so confortable in the sofa and be dynamic.

I would love to see that abomination of a tactic or even just a PKM.
What is a PKM? That tactic is ChristianEriksen's 4231 which works well for 2 seasons. Now I changed the tactic to the tactic used in my first season and it seems to have worked. I just hoped it will last till the end of the season. Looks like I can't use the same tactic 3 seasons in a row huh.. the tactic in my first season which work wonders also did not work in the second season...

What is a PKM? That tactic is ChristianEriksen's 4231 which works well for 2 seasons. Now I changed the tactic to the tactic used in my first season and it seems to have worked. I just hoped it will last till the end of the season. Looks like I can't use the same tactic 3 seasons in a row huh.. the tactic in my first season which work wonders also did not work in the second season...
Oh, now that makes a lot of sense.

A PKM is a save of the match only and is a few kB in size. Click on any result and you'll have an option to "Save Match".

You can. I used the same tactic on FM14 for 8 seasons and I'm using the same one for all 3 seasons so far in FM15.

Two games into the season I have one of my players complaining about the lack of first team football (one start - full 90 minutes - and one second half substitute appearance). I told him it was a long season and to be patient. He responded with a piddly little 'It's alright for YOU' so I told him I'd sell him which he seemed happy with. But wait - he's a superstar who commands superstar wages so he can't just join any old club. If he's waiting for Real Madrid, he'll be waiting a long time. Seems that his career only matters to him when he's getting paid what he wants.

On the plus side, my players are on my side so there's no chance of him leading a revolt.

Conclusion: you trusted that 2-0 and that by having one player more you'd win the match. Then, City made adjustments because they had 10 players and you did nothing. Next time don't be so confortable in the sofa and be dynamic.

Did I ask for your opinion? How could you possibly tell from the information given to you that I did nothing? Absolutely deluded.

Agreed. If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen. If a player is sent off against me, I immediately tell my players to concentrate (assertively). If they still look dangerous, I switch to contain with a lower tempo. But you can't budget for things like missed headers from a long ball forward, wayward passes or any other mistake that can happen outwith your tactical control.

Well this is success and frustration, won championship first season with Leeds pretty decent success IMO considering our motley crew of players with little width and dire resources. However remember a few patches back fm took obscenely long to save well I turned off the auto-save because it got annoying and never turned it back on just forgot, then yep you guessed it crash dump. My only save is February 18th now due to the war of attrition that is the championship I really cba to go back and do it again maybe I will I'm not sure. Just tempted to use the editor loan messi till the end of the season and holiday but I don't want to not get achievements argh decisions decisions. One things for sure monthly rolling auto save is back on!!!!!!

Last edited:
Oh, now that makes a lot of sense.

A PKM is a save of the match only and is a few kB in size. Click on any result and you'll have an option to "Save Match".

You can. I used the same tactic on FM14 for 8 seasons and I'm using the same one for all 3 seasons so far in FM15.
But how come the tactic isn't working anymore the third time? I had to use another tactic.

But how come the tactic isn't working anymore the third time? I had to use another tactic.
I don't know which tactic exactly you're referring to. Most of them exploit the AI by overloading the defence. Eventually they sit back so much that the tactic starts failing.

If you watch matches, you'll see this happening.

Back