FM15 Post your Frustrations/Raaaage

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 537K
Playing at home is far too much of a factor in this year's FM...

Beat everyone 5-0 at home and the opposite happens away. Even to the very worst teams. Seems like there is a factor implemented that always gives the advantage to the home team... Very unrealistic.

LOL. My point has been further proved. Just seen Real Madrid beat Man Utd 3-0 in the first leg of a UCL tie only to be knocked out in the second leg by a 7-0 win by United. Please say i'm not the only one that sees this happen...

LOL. My point has been further proved. Just seen Real Madrid beat Man Utd 3-0 in the first leg of a UCL tie only to be knocked out in the second leg by a 7-0 win by United. Please say i'm not the only one that sees this happen...

Youre not, dont worry.

Its not about losing or winning, i dont mind the be a mid table with a mid table team, i dont mind to be 4 years without winning nothing, i mean im not the kind of guy who tooks cardiff and wants to win premier league. The things is that some things in the game doesnt have any sense. You try to analyze things, tactics for example, and things just doesnt not make sense, players do wathever they want. Maybe you got the trick and know how to play the game, how to analyze it, you are used to it maybe i dont know. Maybe youre playing this series for a long time and you got it, but put a guy who doesnt know anything about this game and try him to make not a winning team, a team that plays what he wants to play, call it offensive football call it counter. I bet you 75% couldnt do it. Cause some things in the game just doesnt make sense. Thats my opinion obviously.

If you're new to the game, try using a big club and play in Classic mode. That'll give you a good idea of how to play in a less pressured environment.

Most things in this game are incredibly logical, it just takes some practice to work out how to read and understand the game. Sucking at the game when you start is pretty much a given.

If you're new to the game, try using a big club and play in Classic mode. That'll give you a good idea of how to play in a less pressured environment.

Most things in this game are incredibly logical, it just takes some practice to work out how to read and understand the game. Sucking at the game when you start is pretty much a given.
I play the game since 2007 FM. So thats why is more frustrating.

Ive played since champ manager italia doesn't mean I'm any better at FM15

Im not saying that, Im just saying that im not new to the saga.

By the way i have tried one of the tactics here that works wonderfully and the instruction are contradictory. It says press more, play offside drop depper and play norrow. I dont get how you can play offside and still drop depper. Thats doesnt make sense to me for example.

Im not saying that, Im just saying that im not new to the saga.

By the way i have tried one of the tactics here that works wonderfully and the instruction are contradictory. It says press more, play offside drop depper and play norrow. I dont get how you can play offside and still drop depper. Thats doesnt make sense to me for example.
Don't try to look for sense in downloaded tactics.

Is there any way to stop AI from scoring from every single chance that it has got, while my team wastes dozens of opportunities by shooting right into the keepers or in the stalls? Thank you.

EDIT: Yes, I am playing with a goalkeeper.

I have this exact same problem too and its infuriating! And then i see the keeper jumping round like a cat saving the shots so i check out his stats and low and behold they are rubbish! So far this season every team i have played their goalie has had over a 75% save success rate and i have to have on average at least 7 shots on target for 1 goal where as the comp needs 2 shots on target, pretty annoying

Don't try to look for sense in downloaded tactics.

I have to, cause those are the things that work in this game looks like. I just banged 4 goals to a much better team, just plug and play, no gel tactic, i have all the team sad, some of the players werent even the first choice... Doesnt have sense for me.

I have to, cause those are the things that work in this game looks like. I just banged 4 goals to a much better team, just plug and play, no gel tactic, i have all the team sad, some of the players werent even the first choice... Doesnt have sense for me.
I don't disagree, but then the next update comes out and suddenly the tactic is useless.

Learn to build solid tactics that work according to real-world logic. Might not be as instantly successful, but you'll be quite consistent through the updates.

I don't disagree, but then the next update comes out and suddenly the tactic is useless.

Learn to build solid tactics that work according to real-world logic. Might not be as instantly successful, but you'll be quite consistent through the updates.
I understand mate but it shouldnt be like that. The game will be playable when? december 2015? At that time we will want FM 2016. I think they are laughing at us really. And dont get me wrong, i dont hate the game or anything, its all the opposite, im frustrated because i like it and i want to play it so much that i try and i try. They should stand at one thing, one ME the one of FM 2012 for example, and just leave it and touch in it little things. The rest is updating the players and the menus and stuff like that. I dont want to expend 2 hours making a tactic at al detail and then lose a match because my full back o my CB doesnt press or doesnt jump, its ridiculous. I use to have fun with FM, really one of my favourite games, but since 2014 this is going nowhere really.

I understand mate but it shouldnt be like that. The game will be playable when? december 2015? At that time we will want FM 2016. I think they are laughing at us really. And dont get me wrong, i dont hate the game or anything, its all the opposite, im frustrated because i like it and i want to play it so much that i try and i try. They should stand at one thing, one ME the one of FM 2012 for example, and just leave it and touching it. The rest is updating the players and the menus and stuff like that. I dont want to expend 2 hours making a tactic at al detail and then lose a match because my full back o my CB doesnt press or doesnt jump, its ridiculous. I use to have fun with FM, really one of my favourite games, but since 2014 this is going nowhere really.
Don't be ridiculous. The game's playable now. I'm playing it right now, so I'd know.

Don't be ridiculous. The game's playable now. I'm playing it right now, so I'd know.

Its playable, but at what point? You have to take desicions to try and trick de AI? Like the corner bug that everyone used to use. Its playable yes, for those who think out of the box and try something crazy like put 7 strikers.

Its playable, but at what point? You have to take desicions to try and trick de AI? Like the corner bug that everyone used to use. Its playable yes, for those who think out of the box and try something crazy like put 7 strikers.

View attachment 302182View attachment 302180

This is hardly out of the box or tricking the AI, season and a half in with leeds ******* leeds now given the non existent budget the **** we have in our squad and that you can only get 2 more loans in I think this is defo relative success.

But truth be told this formation didn'#t just happen by accident or fall out the sky, I have been a massive 4-2-3-1 man for a long time but just cannot get it working this year how I want to, so I read some literature (thankyou MANUMAD) and started with Bayern developed this formaion won everything twice, then tried with liverpool won the league at a canter now going with Leeds. In FM you cant just throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks, you get out what you put in, if it ain'#t working post a thread or do what I did and do some reading from some of the best tactical minds to play this game. Or keep ******** on the forums and not enjoy the game you freely admit you love.

Is there any way to stop AI from scoring from every single chance that it has got, while my team wastes dozens of opportunities by shooting right into the keepers or in the stalls? Thank you.

EDIT: Yes, I am playing with a goalkeeper.

and this happened to me hahaha, luckily i dont care about the cap one cup, maybe im being to harsh on the goalies and its actually the match engine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARI39q_tlPc

sorry about the quality of the vid, hopefully you can see it hit my goalies legs, hit the post and roll back in front of my goalie, instead of him booting it or falling on it he just stands there instead haha

I did a lots of reads believe me, but they just say the same over and over and over and over again, normal things, things that anyone could see, cause they are based on football but nothing seems to work. If it did for you as i said to the other guy, congratulations. And im ******** at the right thread by the way.

I did a lots of reads believe me, but they just say the same over and over and over and over again, normal things, things that anyone could see, cause they are based on football but nothing seems to work. If it did for you as i said to the other guy, congratulations. And im ******** at the right thread by the way.

Have you tried reading clear cut chance?

Also in this thread there is a real lot of helpful stuff

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...911-ask-uncle-mad-uncle-mads-box-choccys.html

Have you tried reading clear cut chance?

Also in this thread there is a real lot of helpful stuff

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...911-ask-uncle-mad-uncle-mads-box-choccys.html

Mate i have read really a lot of pages and websites. Guide to football manager, football manager story, ryantank, i even read that book for fm 2013 (dont remember the name). Players in their positions, balanced attack/support/defend, favourites plays for each player, dont give too much options (sometimes is opposite, give them a lot)... the more i read the more it seems for be to be repeating what i see really. Maybe its me and im doing something wrong, its obviously an option but i have put so much effort to make this work that it would be very surprising. Or maybe im just approaching in the wrong way i dunno. Anyway im gonna read some but ill leave the game for a while i think, until i get spirit to try again (i will eventually haha). Thanks for the info, and sorry about the ********, but i really love this ******* game. Thanks.

Mate i have read really a lot of pages and websites. Guide to football manager, football manager story, ryantank, i even read that book for fm 2013 (dont remember the name). Players in their positions, balanced attack/support/defend, favourites plays for each player, dont give too much options (sometimes is opposite, give them a lot)... the more i read the more it seems for be to be repeating what i see really. Maybe its me and im doing something wrong, its obviously an option but i have put so much effort to make this work that it would be very surprising. Or maybe im just approaching in the wrong way i dunno. Anyway im gonna read some but ill leave the game for a while i think, until i get spirit to try again (i will eventually haha). Thanks for the info, and sorry about the ********, but i really love this ******* game. Thanks.

volume 3 was the one I got a lot from about 4-2-3-1 and also got alot about playing with no striker even tho I never go strikerless it gave me alot of insight into how midfields should work

Last edited:
No. No tricking the AI or any of that. Just normal footballing decisions. I'm consistently over-performing by doing this.

Like I said, people can do something stupid like playing 7 strikers, but then the next ME update rolls out and they can't understand why it "stopped working". No ****.

It's very much the same thing in this thread too.

If there are concepts or something else you don't understand, open a thread. I'd be happy to point you in the right direction. It wouldn't take reading 500 pages to just get to know the basics.

Back