FM15 Post your Frustrations/Raaaage

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 537K
Unbeaten in the first half of the season. Have a winter break, lost 4 on the bounce so far since we restarted.... Grrrrrr

players morale is everything in this edition.
have a good run and you turn unbeatable.
loose a game against a sh#t team and yell at them and then it's a downward spiral.
lucky me winning 7-2 against totenham :-)

Must be the worst match engine ever. Every single ******* goal is a rebound. FM 12 was better than this bull.

The best thing about this year's game are the 'colds' players pick up 1 day before a huge game. They only last 1-2 days so the convenience is compelling.

Last edited:
is this a bug?

szczseny asked to leave for a new challenge and i agreed to sell him, i accept 2 offers from juve and monaco, and then this

View attachment 775704View attachment 775707

and you know he will just come and moan for not getting sold
I think it's a bug. I experienced that before. I promised Fierro to let him go on loan, accepting all loan bids from reputable clubs many manyyy times, but he "opts to stay". After the deadline of the promise passed, he was furious that I did not kept my promise -_____- It's just my theory but it might have something to do with the player getting more game time than he expected so he decided to stay, but the promise cannot be overwrite.

Almost giving up on this game because it gets to the point of ridiculous. 1-0 up on Partick Thistle, 88th minute, I switch to contain, highly structured, much lower tempo, waste time and I gave my GK (who already has an individual instruction to distribute to the full backs) an individual waste time instruction. Cammy Bell takes a very quick, very long goal kick which is promptly sent back down field. My full back, racing to catch up to play because I can't get him to just hold his position, gives away a free kick from which I concede a late equalizer. My already threadbare squad now has to contend with a replay.

Player instructions, team instructions, they're hardly worth it. Their interpretation of 'fewer risky passes' as 'lob it forward at the first available opportunity' has made that pretty evident for some time now. I don't mind not winning games, it happens, but when everything I set out for my team is blatantly ignored it's beyond frustrating since I'm the one who everyone blames for it.

Almost giving up on this game because it gets to the point of ridiculous. 1-0 up on Partick Thistle, 88th minute, I switch to contain, highly structured, much lower tempo, waste time and I gave my GK (who already has an individual instruction to distribute to the full backs) an individual waste time instruction. Cammy Bell takes a very quick, very long goal kick which is promptly sent back down field. My full back, racing to catch up to play because I can't get him to just hold his position, gives away a free kick from which I concede a late equalizer. My already threadbare squad now has to contend with a replay.

Player instructions, team instructions, they're hardly worth it. Their interpretation of 'fewer risky passes' as 'lob it forward at the first available opportunity' has made that pretty evident for some time now. I don't mind not winning games, it happens, but when everything I set out for my team is blatantly ignored it's beyond frustrating since I'm the one who everyone blames for it.

I actually feel that I concede more once going on 'Contain', it could be because they aren't familiar with the tatic, however it is f'ing ridiculous sometimes when they can't just play safe.
BTW, are you playing as Rangers?

I had been using contain quite successfully as I had been familiarising them with it from pre season, but recently it's as if they don't understand any of the instructions given to them. Yep, playing as Rangers - was going great (defensive, structured, lower tempo with a short passing game), but now they're just getting sloppy and giving chances away.

if you're winning the game and keeping the ball well why go on contain and let the opposition get it "for free"?
I used structured and not flexible, doesnt change mentality, team talk concentrate and usually see out the game.

Maybe your FB doesnt have good composure/concentration or some hidden mental stats that says he's not good under pressure?
suddenly changing your tactics 180 degrees isnt a good move IMO.

He just can't stick to his position - that's what I want, that's what I can't get. He's an LFB, not an offensive player in any way, and yet he bombs forward to join in the attack. He's a defensive player playing with a defensive duty in a team playing defensively and building attacks slowly and patiently. Constantly out of position, constantly racing to get back. He's not especially quick, so I don't want to have him hurrying to make up ground or giving away silly free kicks because he's made life hard for himself.

I picked structured so that defenders concentrate on defending and leave everything else to everyone else. Seems this game doesn't want you to have that option.

I think it's a bug. I experienced that before. I promised Fierro to let him go on loan, accepting all loan bids from reputable clubs many manyyy times, but he "opts to stay". After the deadline of the promise passed, he was furious that I did not kept my promise -_____- It's just my theory but it might have something to do with the player getting more game time than he expected so he decided to stay, but the promise cannot be overwrite.

The deadline passed and he didnt come and moan to me in the end.

One of the mods replied to my post saying that if he did moan it would be a bug. But he didnt moan and the mod was totally correct and it wasnt a bug.

So i shall now thank the mods on here as they seem to get very little if any thanks or appreciation, especially having to deal with so much **** from us haha.

So, thanks for your time and expertise mods, it is appreciated a lot

He just can't stick to his position - that's what I want, that's what I can't get. He's an LFB, not an offensive player in any way, and yet he bombs forward to join in the attack. He's a defensive player playing with a defensive duty in a team playing defensively and building attacks slowly and patiently. Constantly out of position, constantly racing to get back. He's not especially quick, so I don't want to have him hurrying to make up ground or giving away silly free kicks because he's made life hard for himself.

I picked structured so that defenders concentrate on defending and leave everything else to everyone else. Seems this game doesn't want you to have that option.

i can feel the frustration ooze out of your words and i have to say it has made me chuckle.

I would play someone else tbh, players who **** me off just dont get played.

ppm to "always stay back" or its called something along those lines

however, can we see your tactics?

some things come to mind, all of the might not matter but here's my thoughts:

1) his PPM's. does he get forward all the time or anything similar?
2) your tactics. do you employ "exploit the flanks"?
3) obviously his positioning skills.
4) his personality, pressure etc. what kinda player is he (unrelated to your tactics)
5)his mental stats. other than positioning.
6) I guess this isnt viable but do you use creative freedom?

I have noticed players not doing what I tell them to late in the game but I've always chocked that down to their pressure stats, their fatigue and what they percieve "not passing creativily/dangerously" mean. long passes are often employed late in the game
no matter what by your defence because the opposition is pressuring you, so I tend to bring on new wide players with lot of speed
and utilize clear ball to flanks.

Decided to abandon the full backs - they don't have great stats, they're not the quickest, so that's why I want them to play as simple as possible. But if they can't do that, they're liabilities. Gone for a 2-1-6-1 formation instead with wide midfielders and wingers on a support duty (still playing defensive/structured). Makes more use of the squad too as I had to buy wide players in the transfer window due to an injury crisis but now they're back from injury I have too many of them. Decent start, 2-0 win, with no shots on target against me.

I'm begining to start hating this game . I'm Blackburn first season in the Premier League after i've managed to win promotion. I'm in january and i'm battling relegation being on 18th place . I play against Tottenham and i manage to score in the 4th min only to have my goal annulled for off side position . Nooooooottt...the striker was behind the line by 2 yards at least...anyway i end up loosing 3-2 after i get a red card and they score in the last 10 min. My problem is that the ref got a "did a good job"...FFS it's a conspiracy.

Oh and i want to ask you guys something. Is it only me or the keeper organizes the free kick wall kinda strange?

Last edited:
What's the latest patch? Please tell me there's a new one!!!

15.2.1 The rebound goals seemed to be in the 15.0.0 and I think 15.0.2 too, but since then I've not seen any more rebound goals than usual.

Unless you mean the frigging clearances into the back of another player, I've seen like four in less than twenty matches, last two in three matches.

Back